1727.jpg
2789.jpg

AT GUARD Raymond Felton #2
AT GUARD Landry Fields #6
AT FORWARD DANILO GALLINARI #8
AT Foward Amare Stoudemire #1
AT Center Ronny Turiaf #14

ESPN.com Preview

The New York Knicks haven't defeated a team with a winning record during their current run. They get a chance to change that when they face an Atlanta Hawks club that hasn't beaten an opponent over .500 this season.
The Knicks look to win six straight for the first time in nearly five years when they host the Hawks on Saturday.
New York's five consecutive victories have come against teams that are a combined 19-41 heading into Friday's games.
The Knicks (8-8) finished a home-and-home sweep of Charlotte with a 99-95 road win Wednesday. New York's last six-game winning streak was from Jan. 2-13, 2006.
"Winning five straight feels great," said forward Amare Stoudemire, averaging 25.8 points with 8.6 rebounds and 3.0 blocks during the streak. "But being 8-8 and .500 is something that we've got to improve on. We still have a lot of work to do."
The Knicks may want to start at the defensive end. Despite leading the league with 7.9 blocks per game -- 4.2 more than last season, when it was last in the NBA -- New York is giving up 107.1 points per game on 47.8 percent shooting.
The Knicks, 2-4 at Madison Square Garden, will face a Hawks team that has a Eastern Conference-best 5-2 road record. Atlanta's 104.0-point average in road contests is among the highest in the league.
Coach Larry Drew's club is shooting 49.3 percent from the field and 39.6 percent from 3-point range away from Atlanta.
The Hawks (9-7) snapped a three-game slide with a 116-96 win over Washington on Thursday. The victory was Atlanta's most lopsided of 2010-11.
"We hadn't had a game like this all season," forward Josh Smith said after scoring 20 points with a season-best 14 rebounds and two blocks. "We have to make a statement every time we play a division team. We just have to get wins at this point."
The Hawks also need leading scorer Joe Johnson to continue to shoot better. The four-time All-Star went 8 for 16 and scored a team-high 21 points Thursday, but averaged 12.2 on 31.8 percent shooting in the previous five games.
Johnson scored 24.5 points per game with 6.8 rebounds and 5.8 assists as Atlanta lost three of four to New York last season.
The Knicks have been getting strong play out of point guard Raymond Felton, who had 23 points with a season-best 13 assists against his former teammates Wednesday. Felton is averaging career highs of 17.8 points and 8.0 assists in his first season with New York.
Coming off his ninth double-double with 15 points and 13 boards, Al Horford will look for another big game against the Knicks. He has averaged 18.0 points and 11.0 rebounds in five career games in New York, though his last one there ended in disappointment.
On March 8, Horford's short jumper was waved off after replays showed it came after the final buzzer in a 99-98 loss.
Danilo Gallinari scored a game-high 27 points in that matchup for the Knicks, winners of 19 of 25 against the Hawks at MSG.

Unofficial JPZ Game Thread (Just slakin' off here)

GOOO KNICKS
HEY LEBRON, HOW ARE THOSE HEAT PLAYING?

Scipio

Benchwarmer
fantastic for me here in England. Tip off is 1pm your time so 6pm my time. finally I get to see a Knicks game live on my league pass. i usually have to wait until the next morning to watch the games.

This is a huge game in my opinion. Our winning streak has come against teams that we should be beating. This game will give us a better idea of where we are in developing our new look team. Defence is a must which frightens me because we all konw that our stupid coach is a no-d coach.

I think the game will be tight but we will win, hopefully with Gallo taking over the fourth quarter as he has done more recently.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
fantastic for me here in England. Tip off is 1pm your time so 6pm my time. finally I get to see a Knicks game live on my league pass. i usually have to wait until the next morning to watch the games.

This is a huge game in my opinion. Our winning streak has come against teams that we should be beating. This game will give us a better idea of where we are in developing our new look team. Defence is a must which frightens me because we all konw that our stupid coach is a no-d coach.

I think the game will be tight but we will win, hopefully with Gallo taking over the fourth quarter as he h
as done more recently.

I respect your overseas fan status. We are playing better D tho under Mike D.

Got a bad feeling about this one boys.

Felton needs to take the reigns and put his stamp on this game as he has been.

I like Fields on JJ. He better bring his hardhat and D up.

Hope my gut is wrong..

KBlack25

Starter
The Hawks are a really good athletic team. If there is one team we aren't built to run against, it's this one. This game will be interesting to watch.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Real test to see where this team is standing today. If we win we're tied for 5th with atlanta. Pretty evenly matched team. This should be fun

KNICKS2012

Rookie
As much as the knicks need this win, and I want them to win, I don't think they will. It's been too many days since their last game. The knicks play off energy of the last game, thats why they go on win streaks and losing streaks back to back.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer

Fantastic also for me here in Italy, the match here is at 7pm.
Some cartoons for my daughters and I'm ready for the knicks. :thumbsup:

iSaYughh

Starter
We actually look pretty good. Still liked our cjances even when behind 15. Had more to do with them playing like God and Josh Smith hitting jumpers like Kobe.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
heh, As soon as we play a decent team, our weaknesses get exposed. I want to win this game and I want the Knicks to win. But if you know anything about basketball then there is no reason to think much of a 5 game streak against crappy teams w/ no defense.

And quit overrating Gallo, he is soft...lol

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
heh, As soon as we play a decent team, our weaknesses get exposed. I want to win this game and I want the Knicks to win. But if you know anything about basketball then there is no reason to think much of a 5 game streak against crappy teams w/ no defense.

And quit overrating Gallo, he is soft...lol

Co-sign. D'Antoni's days are numbered, thankfully.

The Knicks will start winning again, once he gets fired.