Hawks @ Knicks 11/27 1:00PM

iSaYughh

Starter
this defensive gameplan has not worked all game. we're doubling, but we don't rotate well. that is leaving guys good looks and they've been making us pay all game. we should just play everybody straight up or play the zone. we can't rotate back for shat!! this Defensive gameplan:machinegun:

Basically this. Walker was a train wreck at times. Plus us not hitting easy jumpers, and Hawk's hot as shit shooting never helps.

We coulda used The Cock and his clutch this game.

knicksin60

Starter
Playing at home against a good team was a double negative for the Knicks.

I'm not surprised that they were blown out on their home court.

Let's just hope this team doesn't go on a eight or nine game losing streak.

KBlack25

Starter
Can't blame Gallo for this loss. Maybe if they tried to get him the ball we would have pulled it out when it was close. Some poor referees paired with some bonehead decisions offensively and defensively...

When we lost Ronnie and Mozgov got in foul trouble I really thought Mike couldve gave AR a look today. The Hawks with their length and athletism are a team AR couldve matched up well against

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
this is what we expected tho right? we're gonna hover at or above/below .500 this season w what we have..

iSaYughh

Starter
Our 5 hole is so fcking weak, too. Losing Turiaf really hurt our flow as the game wore on.

When we had it back to 4 in the 4Q it was time to get Gallo in, in a big way. Use Gallo's range, savvy passing, and willingness to slash as a centerpriece + Wilson's lethal by the basket moves, STAT's inside presence and Felton's speed and quickness pushing the tempo.

Instead we had wild ass mofos like Walker acting like headless chickens and taking Wilson's flow down with them.

We didn't really fold tho or ever quit. Come back w a statement game tomorrow. Winning after a loss oft more pivotal than piling on to winning streaks! :gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
When we lost Ronnie and Mozgov got in foul trouble I really thought Mike couldve gave AR a look today. The Hawks with their length and athletism are a team AR couldve matched up well against

I was thinking that too. Walker and his confused wild play prolly gave MD hesitance to use AR. Then again, prolly worth taking that risk, IMO.

Especially when not using Gallo. Put in the wild card and see if he can totally change the game and steal it.

knicksin60

Starter
Time to trade Anthony Randolph for Jared Jeffries.We would be winning a lot more games with a player that D'antoni had a lot of trust in.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Time to trade Anthony Randolph for Jared Jeffries.We would be winning a lot more games with a player that D'antoni had a lot of trust in.

Why would you give up on Anthony Randolph who just turned 21? Please ignored that 5 game winning streak we are very far from winning anything significant. The development and growth of 6"11 Randolph is crucial, the problem lies on D'antoni never developing or having the patience with young players unless you're a favorite of his (Gallinari). The skills are there for Randolph, the problem is his head as he is thinking and not reacting when he given the opportunity.

iSaYughh

Starter
The problem lies on D'antoni never developing or having the patience with young players unless you're a favorite of his (Gallinari).

Orlly.

Fields. (starter. Rookie)
Douglas. (young and inconsistent)
Walker. (young and inconsistent)
Moz. (starter. Rookie)
Gallo.

*not to mention the young Suns players he played and transformed

AR -- monumental headcase who looks like he cries on the court when he doesn't do perfect, and rode the pine in GSW, as well; and is now in a new, dynamic system.

But must be that D'antoni just never likes to play or grow young guys unless you're his nephew(?)

If anything, not throwing him into the fire on the court AND in the media would be in line with actually caring for Randolph, recognizing his future, and wanting to protect his game by not letting his already fractured self get even more confused and beaten down this season.

knicksin60

Starter
Why would you give up on Anthony Randolph who just turned 21? Please ignored that 5 game winning streak we are very far from winning anything significant. The development and growth of 6"11 Randolph is crucial, the problem lies on D'antoni never developing or having the patience with young players unless you're a favorite of his (Gallinari). The skills are there for Randolph, the problem is his head as he is thinking and not reacting when he given the opportunity.

As long as D'antoni is coaching the Knicks, Anthony Randolph will be another Jonathan Bender.It is best for him that he goes to a team like the Houston Rockets who could cultivate his talents and prevent his career from landing by the wayside.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's a tough loss because the peripheral numbers were OK.

Shooting was pretty good, defense wasn't terrible (Hawks' FG% was comparable to ours, for a team of their caliber you can't expect more than that), we didn't get outrebounded too badly, we didn't have a TON of turnovers...

Just a tough game, I guess.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Passing to Gallo

The more athletic and defensive minded the opposing team, the more trouble Gallo has. But I am glad that I am not alone in feeling that there is a real reluctance to pass to Gallo. Chandler made a great pass to him in the first half, but otherwise he barely touched the ball -- even when Bibby was guarding him. Felton almost never passes to him. We had similar complaints last year with Duhon et al.

It does not help that D'Antoni has him standing in the corner "spreading the floor," and perhaps Gallo has to work harder. It is hard to argue with those who say he is soft, but is there any pick play for him? If Turiaf or Mozgov get the ball and are not in the paint, they pass back to Felton or Douglas. When Gallo gets the ball, if well defended he will look to pass, usually without moving with the ball at all. Otherwise whoever gets the ball jacks it up or passes to Amar'e and usually when Amar'e is standing at the key so that he has to create his own shot. Atlanta had all sorts of screens for their shooters. I do not think we have any screen or double screen plays. Just some mediocre pick and rolls. But then again, perhaps Gallo's teammates don't think too much of his play. But we tend to win when Gallo has a strong game and lose when he has a weak game

In short, the Knicks looked terrible today. But I am liking Fields more and more.