Important 12 days ahead of the Knicks

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ap-352ac97e11be42009b9cb2a909ae7a76.jpg

We really need some wins over the next few games. November's remaining games should be victories. A loss in either will be an upset and have us dropping out of the 8.

Sun, Nov 28 @ Detroit 1:30 PM
Tue, Nov 30 New Jersey 7:30 PM

Then, as December kicks off, we have a reasonably easy schedule bar New Orleans - who I think we can beat anyway.

Fri, Dec 3 @ New Orleans
Sun, Dec 5 @ Toronto
Mon, Dec 6 Minnesota
Wed, Dec 8 Toronto
Fri, Dec 10 @ Washington

On Dec 12, however, the schedule hits a bastard streak as we face:

Denver, Boston, Miami, Cleveland, OKC, Chicago, Miami again and Orlando in succession.

Then it's Indiana at home - these boys will be hanging around 7th and 8th spots with us all year - and we have to beat them.

Then Spurs at home. Good luck to us there, they're looking top notch this year.

Then it's the West Coast road trip that Satan made:

Phoenix, Lakers, Portland, Utah.

The next 7 games in these 12 days are massive for NY. We need, at the very least, a 5 & 2 result.

iSaYughh

Starter
If we end all those listed games at .500 it would be a bigtime coup. Even 2games sub-500 wouldn't be a disaster. But 500, let alone better, would really show whether we are legit and have some staying power as a playoff team this season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
NONE of those teams are to be taken lightly. The Pistons haven't been doing bad. We must play every game with the highest intensity.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree we need 5 & 2 at the worst so that way we could give ourselves some room for error -if you wanna call it that- vs the upper elite teams. BUT what is working in our favor is that were facing most of those elite teams at home( even though were looking like shit at home ) so that might give us that 6th man to help will us to a win ( even though it hasnt been working so far )

6-1 is looking expectable, but ima go with 5-2

mafra

Legend
I agree. After we returned from the West Coast, I felt we had a 10-game stretch to determine the fate 9and course) of the rest of the season. I felt we had to go 7-3. So far we are 3-1.

After this stretch.... NYK will have played 24 games. Then the schedule gets hard, as we would have already played the easiest part of our schedule (not to mention playing 2 of 3 against CHA, whom we might battle for 8th spot).

Knicks need to be a few games above .500 b/c we might be looking at a 8-17 stretch or something coming after after this.

BUT, if we got above .500 and gained some confidence, maybe this helps us win a few closely contested games against CLE, MIA, BOS and whatnot.

We'll see.

I still sense this being a 33-37 win team. I believe we need to get to 38+ to make the playoffs.

I think a lot depends on Turiaf, but the catch-22 is if we rely on him too heavily.... GULP!

It'll be interesting to see if any moves are coming. Will Azu return and give us anything?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

I think 33-37 isn't unreasonable. Anything less than 33 is a bit rich.

We need to find ourselves a supporting 5. The Gov is struggling, badly.

Ronnie's basically a night on, night off guy ATM.

I still think that not offering Earl Barron vet minimum was a bad call. Instead we add Rautins to the roster with Azubuike coming back. Ridiculous.

I still refuse to give Curry any leniency - :lol:

iSaYughh

Starter
^

I think 33-37 isn't unreasonable. Anything less than 33 is a bit rich.

We need to find ourselves a supporting 5. The Gov is struggling, badly.

Ronnie's basically a night on, night off guy ATM.

I still think that not offering Earl Barron vet minimum was a bad call. Instead we add Rautins to the roster with Azubuike coming back. Ridiculous.

I still refuse to give Curry any leniency - :lol:

100% The Barron could have been a big boon, and would have been a wise signing no matter.

Our problem now is any serviceable big men we'll have to trade for, barring a huge diamond in rough.

And trading doesn't make much sense since we don't have the urgency of being true contenders this season, and we'll likely go hard after M.Gasol this oseason as an outright signing.

Too bad Dalembert is so poisonous. Could potentially have traded for Iggy and they'd have rejoiced in sending him too.

Hmm. Could we still...Not sure just how bad that contract is. Or if we can truly sign Melody and Gasoline (I think we can). In which case, we must sit the F tight and make that happen.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Earl Barron had 4 pts, 7 rebs and 1 block in 10 minutes. We could have defintely used him. But I think everyone was expecting a lot more from Randolph at the beginning of the season. I know I sure didn't expect a bunch of DNPs. Hopefully he can come around soon. Turiaf was out 40 games last year so who knows how reliable he will be.

Earl Barron had 4 pts, 7 rebs and 1 block in 10 minutes. We could have defintely used him. But I think everyone was expecting a lot more from Randolph at the beginning of the season. I know I sure didn't expect a bunch of DNPs. Hopefully he can come around soon. Turiaf was out 40 games last year so who knows how reliable he will be.
We should have picked up Barron, and Grabbed T-Mac instead of Roger Mason. That guy cant hit a basket with an 11 month old defending him! Atleast T-mac would have brought some Veteran Leadership and would have been a good role model to our young guards like Dougie, SkyWalker, and Laundry. Imagine how good Fields could be with a mentor like T-Mac???

We could have picked T-Mac up over Roger for a cool mil, grabbed Barron for the Minimum over Shawne Williams, and those would be some significant upgrades to the roster.

Also the Schedule is really easy and then gets Really Hard.

We can beat Toronto, Minny, Washington, and NJ.

Indiana, Cleveland, Chicago, Portland, Phionex, Denver and Boston are 50-50 win lose.

the real challenges are New Orleans, Miami, Utah, OKC, and of course, San Antonio and LA.

We need to make sure we beat Toronto, NJ, and Minny and beat them GOOD. Make examplesw out of them, tear them APART! Dunk on Hoepez! break Bargnani's Clavical! Shove our orange shoes up Kevin Love's ass!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Denver, Boston, Miami, Cleveland, OKC, Chicago, Miami again and Orlando in succession.

Phoenix, Lakers, Portland, Utah.

[/QUOTE]

Damn these are gonna be real tough for us ... I only see us winning 4 or 5 out of these 12 games ...

The Knicks were fortunate to get a soft schedule in the beginning. They can score but their Defense (100 points per game) is not going to make it easy to win over these teams. If they keep letting weak teams score so many points, we will just be in for a rude awakening...instead of enjoying the dream.

petescud

Starter
Amen, Brother...And without Turiaff, its going to be even tougher holding these guys around 100...This kinda falls right on Dantoni's game plan though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to implement his run/gun more so with Turiaff injured. He'll have to get us to score around 110-120 a night

The Knicks were fortunate to get a soft schedule in the beginning. They can score but their Defense (100 points per game) is not going to make it easy to win over these teams. If they keep letting weak teams score so many points, we will just be in for a rude awakening...instead of enjoying the dream.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Big test for our knicks once dec. 12th hits. If they stay above 500 after the west coast trip... we're the real deal. Interesting to see if this team can come up with a few upsets

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think were gonna surprise a few people once that mid-december stretch hits, were going to fair better then most people are expecting.

Denver is definitely beatable, considering we almost won at their house. Chicago we could take, and were going to be amped up for that game. Cleveland beatable, and so is OKC

im go ahead and say this:

DEN-W
BOS-W
MIA-L
CLE-W
OKC-L
CHI-W
MIA-W
ORL-L

perhaps im being optimistic but this is the way i see it playing out :cool:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean we almost beat the Celtics in Boston and Denver at their home and remember that this is a much different team from the one that lost to the 76ers.

Ever since STAT threw his shoe at the water cooler...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I mean we almost beat the Celtics in Boston and Denver at their home and remember that this is a much different team from the one that lost to the 76ers.

Ever since STAT threw his shoe at the water cooler...

exactly we werent nearly on the same page as a team as we are now.

and about the shoe thing, think of how intimidated players like Gallo, Chandler and all must have been. they never seen that in their pro careers and when a player of that stature calls guys like you out you know you gotta improve. and they did.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
NYK can potentially make the top 4 in the east over the next 3 games. Although it'll no doubt be short, it'll be sweet.

This important 12 days has shaped up nicely. No win better than @ N.O.

SWEET!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i feel we're going to fair pretty well in this stretch we have coming up. Most of those games will be played at home; and we seem to be playing much better at home now to match our road level. the main reason im so confident is that our chemistry is solid and getting better by the game. players WANT to win--by players i mean-Gallo, Douglas, Chandler,all of which have been notorious losers since entering the league--there a winning mentality and people bought into it. by the game we get stronger and stronger, people tend to forget how we outplayed the Bulls on the road and that was the early goings when we were way worse then now. i think realistically we will win 7 or so of those games during this stretch. our offense is on par with the best in the league-not to mention are defense is decent in the sense that we get stops when we need them.

any other season and i wouldve been worried sick entering this stretch simply cause we wouldve gotten murked( a la, 09 when we faced Celtics, lakers and cavs in succession ). but now were a better and more complete team. bring it on im ready for it :gony: