Francesa on WFAN...

I was listening to him yesterday and he was surprisingly talking Knicks basketball. He said that Denver is in LOVE with Fields and he would have to be included in a deal for Melo. Don't know how much thats worth coming out of his mouth but pretty interesting.

I was listening to him yesterday and he was surprisingly talking Knicks basketball. He said that Denver is in LOVE with Fields and he would have to be included in a deal for Melo. Don't know how much thats worth coming out of his mouth but pretty interesting.
I'd Take it with a grain of salt. WFAN is a joke. Until it comes out of Micheal Kay or Brandon Tierney's mouth the I dont think its credible.

I mean he is just stating the obvious though. Denver is going to want Fields and Chandler. Probley Mozgov as well.

mafra

Legend

He hasn't touched on the Knicks in years.... Why should we care what he has to add now that he's jumping on the bandwagon. I would think we were more in the loop than he, when it comes to the Knicks.

I'm surprised people still listen to that tool!

Who cares what DEN "likes" ... Fields isn't going anywhere. His presence makes Walsh look like a genius, and coach loves him. He's a poor man's S-Marion.

Fields is way more valuable than Chandler and Gallo, b/c he makes an impact on the game w/out needing the ball.

Felton-Stat-Melo need Turiaf/Fields to fullfill the dream. Thsoe 2 guys compliment the next big-3.

It will be interesting. I guess if we could get Melo for Fields, Randolph, and a draft pick, we might cave b/c it means we make a run at the title this year, AND we make Melo happy getting him here this season.

Is that worth giving up on Fields? I guess.

But, still.... I would think Melo is smart enough to think if he wants to win a TITLE.... then just refuse to go anywhere. Screw DEN. Sign here as a free agent.

Of course, this is a huge risk. He might lose 30-50 million, given uncertainty of everything related to contracts and next season.

SO, what to do? Tough call. BUt if it means getting Melo, while keeping 2 of the 5 (Gallo, Chandler, Fields, Randolph, Douglas) then it must be done.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Are you talking about WFAN the radio station that only talks Yankees and Mets 24/7/365?

I was gonna say the same... I like the Mets but I am a Redskins fan hate hearing that Giants BS.... I just found out about 1050 those guys are money:gony:

knicksin60

Starter
I was gonna say the same... I like the Mets but I am a Redskins fan hate hearing that Giants BS.... I just found out about 1050 those guys are money:gony:

WFAN hasn't constantly talked about the Knicks for almost 10 years.I'm surprised that they're discussing them at this moment.They'll only discuss Giants/Jets football throughout the NFL season.I prefer 1050 radio as well because they're neutral and don't spend more than a week on the same topics.

iSaYughh

Starter
He hasn't touched on the Knicks in years.... Why should we care what he has to add now that he's jumping on the bandwagon. I would think we were more in the loop than he, when it comes to the Knicks.

I'm surprised people still listen to that tool!

Who cares what DEN "likes" ... Fields isn't going anywhere. His presence makes Walsh look like a genius, and coach loves him. He's a poor man's S-Marion.

Fields is way more valuable than Chandler and Gallo, b/c he makes an impact on the game w/out needing the ball.

Felton-Stat-Melo need Turiaf/Fields to fullfill the dream. Thsoe 2 guys compliment the next big-3.

It will be interesting. I guess if we could get Melo for Fields, Randolph, and a draft pick, we might cave b/c it means we make a run at the title this year, AND we make Melo happy getting him here this season.

Is that worth giving up on Fields? I guess.

But, still.... I would think Melo is smart enough to think if he wants to win a TITLE.... then just refuse to go anywhere. Screw DEN. Sign here as a free agent.

Of course, this is a huge risk. He might lose 30-50 million, given uncertainty of everything related to contracts and next season.

SO, what to do? Tough call. BUt if it means getting Melo, while keeping 2 of the 5 (Gallo, Chandler, Fields, Randolph, Douglas) then it must be done.

Basically agree with all this. My prediction has been DEN bends over pretty deep at some point this season and Melo forces the hand to play out.

I think they will really want Gallo or Wilson, though. Someone who can and has lit up scoreboards and dominated games, has a loftier pedigree -- if not just so they don't get flamed by their fans and the media.

Wilson will be the man. He really wouldn't be in our plans to re-sign and keep regardless.

Fields, Wilson, 1st.

If Melo can play it to the bone and take the risk in waiting to sign after the season, obviously. But this would be a tremendous compromise and assurance for us.

Felton
Melo
Gallo
STAT
Glenn Davis? Tyson Chandler?

Turiaf, Douglas, Walker, AR, Moz off the bench, and whomever we get with our 2nd rounders.

55 wins? 60 wins?

iSaYughh

Starter
WFAN hasn't constantly talked about the Knicks for almost 10 years.I'm surprised that they're discussing them at this moment.They'll only discuss Giants/Jets football throughout the NFL season.I prefer 1050 radio as well because they're neutral and don't spend more than a week on the same topics.

FAN basically is a Met, Jet station. Mixed with some Islander and Net talk.

Yankees, and to a lesser degree, Giants, naturally have to get play, too; but you're a second class citizen if it's not Met-Jet time.

Steve Summers is a good Knick (and Ranger) fan, though. But he can't resist piling on with the Met and Jet homers 99% of the time.

That station is a hot mess. Still listen, but...a hot mess.

Sad when a quasi-sports talk morning duo, and a spot guest star in Carl Banks are the shining lights.

tiger0330

Legend
I would be all over that deal. Fields as the main asset for Melo, I don't want to hate on Fields but there are a lot of guys like Frye, Chase Budinger etc that have good rookie seasons and then fall off. Getting Melo for say Fields/Curry and Bill Walker would be a great deal for the Knicks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I would be all over that deal. Fields as the main asset for Melo, I don't want to hate on Fields but there are a lot of guys like Frye, Chase Budinger etc that have good rookie seasons and then fall off. Getting Melo for say Fields/Curry and Bill Walker would be a great deal for the Knicks.

that would be a highway robbery similar to the Gasol package the lakers got him for. and i think melo will ultimately be traded for a similar package. although im very high on Fields and dont wanna see him go he's a great player and would for him to be here when were winning i fell in love with his game(nh)

I hate WFAn. im a Giants/Knicks/Yankees/Rangers fan and WFAN talks about is the Jets/Mets/Nets! I remember during the frtee agency bonanza this year on July 5th when we signed STAT, They were talking about the Mets on Francessa!

iSaYughh

Starter
I hate WFAn. im a Giants/Knicks/Yankees/Rangers fan and WFAN talks about is the Jets/Mets/Nets! I remember during the frtee agency bonanza this year on July 5th when we signed STAT, They were talking about the Mets on Francessa!

Word up, broheem. Those clowns are such shameless homers. Years of their Met and Jet homery has made me an active hater in rooting against those teams.

Only thing that makes the FAN halfway enjoyable.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
francesa is a jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the Knicks stopped doing their games on fan Francesa and mad dog stopped talking Knicks. I'm out here in EAstern pa, 4 miles away from work and when driving home i sometimes listen to him, I usually switch him off halfway home, seriously. 1050 i get on the internet, a great listen. M. Kaye is the man along with many of the other guys. A lot of Knick talk.

clumsy

Rotation player
Francesca has always been garbage. He is really only knowledgeable about the Yankees.

I haven't listened to sports talk radio since they took Stephen A and Max Kellerman off the air at 1050.