Felton and Amare Have Taken on Leadership Role Since the Early Losing Streak

KBlack25

Starter
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/sports/basketball/05knicks.html?_r=1&src=twrhp

?We definitely had to be the two positive leaders,? Felton said, ?just to keep everybody focused and say: ?Look, we can?t be satisfied with losing. We got to get rid of this mentality. And we got to find a way.? ?

Looking back, Felton said, the losing streak ?made us mature as a team.?

?I tried to give you guys a heads-up back then,? Stoudemire said, ?that it takes time to build chemistry. I?ve been in this situation before, where I built chemistry with Stephon Marbury in Phoenix, I built chemistry with Steve Nash. And now it?s the same with Raymond.?

?I think we can get even better, no question about that,? Felton said. ?We don?t want to be complacent and be settled with where we?re at right now just because we?re winning. We want to continue to still get better, no matter what.?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thank god for leadership, they changed that mentality and were becoming winners. STAT for MVP. long as theres a winning mentality the wins will follow. players like Chandler and Gallo and crew need a player(s) to look up to and follow their lead and they have that in STAT and Felton and its showing.

The younger players on the team like Chandler, Gallo, and Douglas finally have leaders to learn from. It will help them grow as players, which will translate into wins for the team.

Good job making them the captians.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Agreed. Our youngsters aren't learning crap from Al Harrington and Chris Duhon and Larry Hughes. Give them a nice veteran they can look up to and learn from.

Just by showing up and leading STAT is showing Gallo and Chandler and co. what it takes to be a successful player in the NBA. What a guy.

elcol

Rotation player
yes stat is an all star who knows wtf he is talking about and raymond felton is a no bullshit kind of guy who is putting up allstar numbers and is playing with a vengeance.
go team caps

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's important to realize that Felton and Amar'e are the only ones on our team who have actually been a part of remotely successful NBA teams in the past.

Everyone else who has been with us for a long time is just used to losing.

iSaYughh

Starter
Wished Steph did this.
sigh.

Isiah would have wrecked up STAT somehow, too. And Felton (not that he'd have had the wisdom to ever value sign a guy like that, vs outcast disgraces like Jerome James and Jeffries).

Under Isiah, we would never have a true talent....to be able to be a true star....and true leader and winner.

It was doom for Marbury from the beginning; and of course his personality and flaws mixed extra bad with Isiah's brand of poison.

It's great to know that players like Felton and STAT can now come to NY, breathe and breathe life into the team and city, and get what they deserve -- and get us what we deserve.