Iggy being shopped

moneyg

Starter
dont want either AI

iggy is not that much better than chandler..

we need a 2....or a 5 with turiaf hurting...

but i guess we r shopping for a backup pg

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't agree. Would you put Iguodala on Andrea Bargnani? Play him as a defensive 4?

Not I.
:2cents:

That is not a valid question! Bargnani is 7' 1" tall and plays the 4/5. Iggy is 6' 6" and plays the 2/3... So no I would put STAT, Turiaf or Moz on him since I would match my position players to their counter parts. I would not have Melo guarding him either... Using your scenario would you put Melo on Dwight Howard?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That is not a valid question! Bargnani is 7' 1" tall and plays the 4/5. Iggy is 6' 6" and plays the 2/3... So no I would put STAT, Turiaf or Moz on him since I would match my position players to their counter parts. I would not have Melo guarding him either... Using your scenario would you put Melo on Dwight Howard?
It was a comment made in regard to Chandler's defensive versatility. The point being that Iguodala isn't head and shoulders above Wil defensively. Chandler's counterparts play through 3 positions. Even 4 if you count PGs. Iguodala's do not.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
It was a comment made in regard to Chandler's defensive versatility. The point being that Iguodala isn't head and shoulders above Wil defensively. Chandler's counterparts play through 3 positions. Even 4 if you count PGs. Iguodala's do not.

And what exactly did Chandler do against Bargnani? Bargnani had an off game but Chandler wasn't stopping him! In fact, if you remember from yesterdays game, Bargnani was shooting over Chandler... And making them late in the 4th... He just had an off game. Look, Chandler is a decent defender but I do not think anyone in the league would put him on par with Iggy! In fact, Iggy defends the 2/3 better than anyone I have seen in a long time. His D is better than Bruce Bowan's and even Doug Christie's (If you remember them). Iggy's man to man D is one of the best in the league right now... Chandler is a slightly better scorer but that is it!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
By the way, both Chandler and Iggy are shooting 35% from 3 point... and Chandler's FG is 45% while Iggy is 44%.... As of right now, the glaring offensive difference is in Free throws; Chandler 83% to Iggy's 65%....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And what exactly did Chandler do against Bargnani? Bargnani had an off game but Chandler wasn't stopping him! In fact, if you remember from yesterdays game, Bargnani was shooting over Chandler... And making them late in the 4th... He just had an off game. Look, Chandler is a decent defender but I do not think anyone in the league would put him on par with Iggy! In fact, Iggy defends the 2/3 better than anyone I have seen in a long time. His D is better than Bruce Bowan's and even Doug Christie's (If you remember them). Iggy's man to man D is one of the best in the league right now... Chandler is a slightly better scorer but that is it!

I remember Bowen and Christie. I watched Christie play for the Knicks in 1996 at the Garden and was livid when he was traded. He was brilliant in Sac Town.

-Bargnani shoots over most people.
-I know Iguodala is a brilliant defender.
-I still don't think he outweighs Chandler THAT much due to Chandler's ability to defend the post and switch to bigs. That's a rare capability.
- Iguodala's the better player, but if you combine either end, there's not a great deal of separation, IMO. Perhaps a little bias.
-Contractually, however, they're miles apart.

No bias there.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I remember Bowen and Christie. I watched Christie play for the Knicks in 1996 at the Garden and was livid when he was traded. He was brilliant in Sac Town.

-Bargnani shoots over most people.
-I know Iguodala is a brilliant defender.
-I still don't think he outweighs Chandler THAT much due to Chandler's ability to defend the post and switch to bigs. That's a rare capability.
- Iguodala's the better player, but if you combine either end, there's not a great deal of separation, IMO. Perhaps a little bias.
-Contractually, however, they're miles apart.

No bias there.
When you say Contractually you are speaking based on what he currently makes but what do you think he will make when he is a free agent? I bet you he makes close to what Iggy makes!! In a perfect world you would have both guys. Starting Iggy at the 2 or 3 spot and having Chandler coming off the bench and playing multiple positions. Chandler is not a great man to man defender and in Mike D's system you have to defend your position. STAT is not great either but his talent is so great you ignore that weakness... It is a domino affect... If you have players that can defend their position, it helps you from having to double team and leave a player open... Iggy is great at transitioning from a fast break to defending his position. He is strong and quick!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
When you say Contractually you are speaking based on what he currently makes but what do you think he will make when he is a free agent? I bet you he makes close to what Iggy makes!!

As if The Thrill will make $12M/year incrementing to $15M/year at any stage in his career in this league. Even on this planet!

He'll never see in excess of $8-9M.

pat

Starter
I don't like his three point shot. We need guards/sfs who can stretch the floor. Iggy isn't that kind of player.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
As if The Thrill will make $12M/year incrementing to $15M/year at any stage in his career in this league. Even on this planet!

He'll never see in excess of $8-9M.

Bet you Chandler get's a 5 year 60 MIL contract based on todays' CBA... Not sure what the numbers will be once ther is a new CBA... So , think he will only be a few million less than Iggy a year.... I didn't say he would bet the same contract but I said it would be close.

p0nder

Starter
Iggy is not our guy. His bloated contract is the issue. We could get players of equal value for cheaper. Iggy got the contract he's on by playing well above his head and earning it. His play right now doesn't justify the money he's being paid. Add in the chance of injury and that he isn't known as a great locker room guy and I think we're looking at an "Isiah-esq" contract. Above average player with an astronomical contract.

iJoe

Rotation player
Bloated contract with superstar ego and sidekick talent. Not a good combo at all. I remember hearing about Iggy having a worse locker room influence than Iverson and complaining about getting more shots as well.

We need character guys that will gel together. I'm fine with letting our core learn and waiting for free agency.

knicksin60

Starter
I have a feeling that if the Knicks are at around .500 by the all-star break...Denver will be interested in Chandler and Fields in an attempt to trade Melo.

Teams that shop their franchise players usually love to acquire talent that is having impact for a winning team.

If the Knicks don't acquire Iguodala, I am not sure if a package of Chandler, Fields and a future 1st round pick for Carmelo Anthony would be a great trade for the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bet you Chandler get's a 5 year 60 MIL contract based on todays' CBA... Not sure what the numbers will be once ther is a new CBA... So , think he will only be a few million less than Iggy a year.... I didn't say he would bet the same contract but I said it would be close.

Are you serious!?

5 years @ $45M is even a stretch IMO.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know, he's got a point. Rudy Gay got a huge payday of 5/82 and, though he's certainly better than Chandler...how much better than Chandler is he?

If Gay commands a 5/82 it wouldn't surprise me to see Chandler commanding a 5/60 deal...

Stephen A Smith said on Twitter that the Nuggets are Intrested in Iggy! Can Walsh call up Philly right now!

Nuggets get
Andre Igudala
Andy Rautins
Timofey Mozgov
2014 1st round pick from Knicks
2011 2nd round pick from Boston (Nate Robinson deal)
2012 2nd round pick from Golden State

76ers get
Eddy Curry
Anthony Randolph
Kelena Azabukie
2011 2nd round pick from Nuggets
2012 2nd round pick from Knicks

Knicks get
Carmelo Anthony

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Danilo Gallinari
C: Amare Stoudemire

BENCH

Wilson Chandler
Ronny Turiaf
Shawne Williams
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You know, he's got a point. Rudy Gay got a huge payday of 5/82 and, though he's certainly better than Chandler...how much better than Chandler is he?

If Gay commands a 5/82 it wouldn't surprise me to see Chandler commanding a 5/60 deal...

It all matters how much Will wants to be in NY. A 5 year 35-40 million dollar deal sounds fair to both sides.

But yes if Will keeps up his strong play he could ask anywhere from 50-60 million. I would not give him that kind of money though.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
Stephen A Smith said on Twitter that the Nuggets are Intrested in Iggy! Can Walsh call up Philly right now!

Nuggets get
Andre Igudala
Andy Rautins
Timofey Mozgov
2014 1st round pick from Knicks
2011 2nd round pick from Boston (Nate Robinson deal)
2012 2nd round pick from Golden State

76ers get
Eddy Curry
Anthony Randolph
Kelena Azabukie
2011 2nd round pick from Nuggets
2012 2nd round pick from Knicks

Knicks get
Carmelo Anthony

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Danilo Gallinari
C: Amare Stoudemire

BENCH

Wilson Chandler
Ronny Turiaf
Shawne Williams
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker

That trade doesn't work out financially. we'll be giving up about 22 million and only getting 16 in return and you wanna give up curry, rautins, 3 picks, azzy, Randolph and Mozgov for just Melo? Ehh I'm not buying it...

That trade doesn't work out financially. we'll be giving up about 22 million and only getting 16 in return and you wanna give up curry, rautins, 3 picks, azzy, Randolph and Mozgov for just Melo? Ehh I'm not buying it...
Well we would have to take something from Philly or take Azzy out of the deal to make the Money work.