Melo wants to be dealt to NY but Denver wants to deal with NJ

**** Denver. They insist on not trading him to where he wants to go. Nets suck lmao! They just don't wanna give Melo what he wants.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
OK, so, assuming the tidbits in this article are factually correct (a big assumption, IMO), the Nuggets are just lost. Either A) They are woefully underrating the Knicks young talent, B) They are totally overrating the Nets young talent, or C) They are just deadset against trading Melo to his desired destination out of spite. And all three possibilities would be a striking indictment of Denver's front office and a clear indication of their embarrassing lack of competence.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If we get Melo, we're automatically a contender. It's over for Celts, Lakers and Heat, if Melo is paired with STAT.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Nets draft picks adding on to the Nuggets other picks will be a big step to rebuilding the team plus they also get Harris. You can see why this trade will help the Nuggets, but the trade will screw Melo's chance of ever winning the championship. This is why the trade will simply not happen.

If the Nuggets do pull off the trade, I agree on the second option in the article.

Speaking of Madison Square Garden, rival execs agree that New York would be a logical landing spot for Andre Iguodala, and they believe the Sixers will be more than open to discussing trades for the dynamic but high-priced swingman as the Feb. 24 deadline approaches. The Knicks, one of the few teams in a position to absorb salary in the uncertain labor environment, also would be looking for an attractive piece to pair with Stoudemire in the event the Nuggets follow through with an Anthony trade prior to the deadline. Team president Donnie Walsh would have to decide if, short of Anthony, Iguodala is the best option that will be available to him between now and 2011 free agency -- if and when that happens. And also, if Iguodala is worth giving up the cap flexibility he's toiled three years to create. Pricetag notwithstanding -- the 26-year-old is due $56.5 million over the next four years -- Iguodala would be an excellent fit for Mike D'Antoni's high-octane offense and would instantly become the best defender on the roster by a mile.

knicksin60

Starter
I don't understand the fascination that teams have with first round picks.Teams like the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets won't trade their talent unless they get first round picks in return yet most of these first rounders end up becoming either role players or draft busts.How many early first rounders have the Clippers and Bulls had in the last decade that did nothing to better their franchises? Why can't the Nuggets just settle for already established talent like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler instead of trading Melo for a draft pick that could end up becoming the next Darko Milicic or Greg Oden? Do they think that whichever pick they acquire from the Nets will become the next Kevin Durant? I'm just tired of teams' unwillingness to trade with the Knicks because of their dislike for the Knicks and their players.

mafra

Legend
Good thing MELO has all the leverage. He goes to NY or he doesn't sign an extension. Without the extension, DEN can't trade him. IF they do find a team willing to rent him, they wont get a better package than the one we can offer.

SO, ball is totally in MELO's court. Let's see what he really wants.

KNICKS playing so well right now only makes the urge to come here that much greater, no?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i love that were waiting it out, Walsh is smart. its evident Melo wants to be here, everyone in the NBA knows that. and were doing the right things to make it happen. Play it slow and Denver WILL get desperate as the deadline approaches, we could get him in a fair deal. They want a gamechanger in return, and thats delusional no team in the NBA will give that up. sure favors has the potential to be one but so does Randolph. they'll give in Melo sees us winning these games and wants to be here even more cause a starting 5 of Felton, Fields, melo, STAT and Turiaf with Gallo or Chandler( probably Gallo ) as our 6th man makes us instant contenders this season

in the mean time though im content with this team moving forward, i know we will make a couple of moves come the deadline (not meaning Melo) that will improve our depth so this team will get better but the core will remain intact

moneyg

Starter
its all talk.. they have to say ny doesnt have what they want so they can try to force donnie to sweeten the offer..

i say we hold the cards... cuz we will still make the playoffs with or without melo.

melos is signing with us next year.. he is not signing an extension with anybody else

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't understand the fascination that teams have with first round picks.Teams like the Blazers, Rockets, and Nuggets won't trade their talent unless they get first round picks in return yet most of these first rounders end up becoming either role players or draft busts.How many early first rounders have the Clippers and Bulls had in the last decade that did nothing to better their franchises? Why can't the Nuggets just settle for already established talent like Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler instead of trading Melo for a draft pick that could end up becoming the next Darko Milicic or Greg Oden? Do they think that whichever pick they acquire from the Nets will become the next Kevin Durant? I'm just tired of teams' unwillingness to trade with the Knicks because of their dislike for the Knicks and their players.

I agree 100%! Also, what is the facination with Favors??? If things keep going the way there are, Fields will beat him out for rookie of the year... Fields looks like he is the real deal and he is proving that he can be a starter on almost any team. Draft picks are a gamble.. We have seen time and time again draft picks that had such high expectations fall flat. If they were to get Chandler (or Gallo) and Fields in the deal for Melo; that is a great nucleous to start building around. But, if Denver refuses to deal with NY it is sounding more and more like Iggy IS NY's fallback plan and we will get him without giving up our nucleous!

knicksin60

Starter
I agree 100%! Also, what is the facination with Favors??? If things keep going the way there are, Fields will beat him out for rookie of the year... Fields looks like he is the real deal and he is proving that he can be a starter on almost any team. Draft picks are a gamble.. We have seen time and time again draft picks that had such high expectations fall flat. If they were to get Chandler (or Gallo) and Fields in the deal for Melo; that is a great nucleus to start building around. But, if Denver refuses to deal with NY it is sounding more and more like Iggy IS NY's fallback plan and we will get him without giving up our nucleous!

I guess since Fields and Chandler weren't top 5 draft picks, teams that want to rebuild don't consider them valuable pieces for the long term.If this trend is going to continue, the only chance the Knicks will have at a blockbuster trade is if they trade Stoudemire and Felton for first round picks.

What the heck has Favors done in the NBA to garner so much value? I know he is just starting out his NBA career, but the guy is more unproven than Gallo and Gallo isn't even considered the Knicks' most valuable trading asset.And I don't understand why the Nuggets would want Favors when they already have Nene and Chris Andersen as their front court.I just think that the real reason why Denver is more willing to trade Melo to the Nets is because they'd rather see him waste his career on a trashy team than win a championship on a team that already has an established superstar in Amar'e Stoudemire.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I guess since Fields and Chandler weren't top 5 draft picks, teams that want to rebuild don't consider them valuable pieces for the long term.If this trend is going to continue, the only chance the Knicks will have at a blockbuster trade is if they trade Stoudemire and Felton for first round picks.

What the heck has Favors done in the NBA to garner so much value? I know he is just starting out his NBA career, but the guy is more unproven than Gallo and Gallo isn't even considered the Knicks' most valuable trading asset.And I don't understand why the Nuggets would want Favors when they already have Nene and Chris Andersen as their front court.I just think that the real reason why Denver is more willing to trade Melo to the Nets is because they'd rather see him waste his career on a trashy team than win a championship on a team that already has an established superstar.

Manu wasn't a top 10 pick either, in fact he was the 57th pick! I don't think he would be labled the same way... I think it is more a Knicks thing where Denver looks at players from the Knicks as less than desireable. Same guys on NJ or Golden State would be looked upon totally different!?!?!?!?!

iSaYughh

Starter

Hundrid.

It's dumb. And DEN should just face fck a dildo for the next year. Theyll have a better shot at getting gratification than in trying to trade Melo to NJ at this point.

They raped themselves dissing NY and our Knicks. I hope Walsh goes for the true kill and doesn't deal shit with them. Just keep winning and growing the MSG-NYC-NYK brand to new heights, and let Melo be with STAT would Lebron wetdreamed he would be with Wade.

DEN could have gotten Chandler-Gallo-Douglas and at least one 1st from us I bet.
:gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I too don't understand the fascination with the first round picks.

Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari have both been averaging above 15 PPG this season, many first-round picks are draft busts and still others find themselves in limited bench roles (ie DARKO), why the hell would you take a pick over Danilo, who has the potential to be much better (and even if he stays exactly as he is, is still better than the average first-rounder), or Chandler, who's without a doubt far superior to most starting SFs in the league?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You know what the BIGGEST joke is of all?

I found this on CBS Sports...

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/26323465?source=rss_blogs_NBA

The Knicks, playing their best basketball in years with free-agent acquisition Amar’e Stoudemire, have believed that their best chance of landing Melo was for the process to play out slowly – and they’ve gotten their wish so far. But the Nuggets, sources say, are not sold on the young players New York could offer such as Anthony Randolph, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. Point guard Raymond Felton -- who has been on an offensive tear since gaining chemistry with Stoudemire and who becomes trade-eligible on Dec. 15 -- also does not interest the Nuggets, who view him as a halfcourt player who wouldn't fit their style.

Are they ****ing serious? Felton, a halfcourt player? How the hell is he succeeding in D'Antoni's offense is he's a halfcourt player? Do they not realize how bad his numbers went down playing in Larry Brown's halfcourt offense? The Nuggets' front office must be pretty terrible.

Den took a calculated risk that thy would be good, we would be bad, Melo would rethink staying put and move on. They did not count on Stat playing like the best big in bb, or Felton playing like the 5th best pg in the game. Before the season, they coulda gotten Chandler, Gallo, Curry and a 1st. They gambled and lost.

The secret is out, he wants NY. Matter fact, probably a lotta people want NY now. Den lost all of their lev by takin Melo into the season. Us winning strips them further of power. What team in their right mind trades several 1st rounders and players for a rental? Den hav no choice but to deal with us. None. Thy wont get a better combo of young players from any other team than Chandler/Fields/ Curry/ pick, or a similar combo.

Chandler is perfect for a George Karl team, plus he wont get a crazy contract. Fields and Randolph would fit too, and he may even get something from Curry if included. Either way, they are forced to deal with us, cuz Melo can simply say, im not signing the ext.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The #1 reason why the Nuggets don't want to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks is because the Knicks are out of first round picks.

Walsh gave them all away for the sake of getting rid of the same Jared Jeffries whose contract expires in 2011.

I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't blame the Nuggets for not trading him to New York. The Nets are the worse team, so they have better draft picks to offer.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Trading for Melo this season would be dumb!

1.Why give up assessts (spelled wrong I'm being lazy) for him this year when we can keep them and pair them with him next year?

(next year's team if we just signed Melo during the off season)

Felton/Douglas
Wilson/Feilds
Melo/Gallo/Feilds
Amare/Gallo/Wilson/Randolph
Tariaf/Mozgov/Amare/Randolph

or
(if we traded for Melo, our lineup for the rest of the season)

Felton/Douglas
Melo/Walker/Douglas
Gallo/Walker
Amare/Randolph
Tariaf/Randolph

option 1 clearly has us as a deeper, more potent and more balanced team because Feilds,Wilson and Mozgov will likely be the asking price and then we are left with more holes to fill.

2.Say we dump Wilson and Feilds (which is what it will take) for Melo, then our whole offense is disrupted players have to get used to each other again and we regress back to the first month of the season. Adding Melo in the Summer means he is apart of camp and while there would still be an adjustment for us, Mike D and Co. are better prepared for it having had all summer to figure how to incorporate him

3. Losing Feilds and Wilson is probablly not worth just Melo. Look Melo is better on a sub par day than both of these players individually, but collectively they both represent more than what Melo brings to the table.

Wilson and Landy combine for 27 pts, 13 rebs and 2 blks vs. Melo's 22 pts and 8 rebs and both players shoot the ball at a much higher clip and neither needs the ball like Melo does.

Not to mention both players are versatile enough to cover mutiple positions on both sides of the ball for us and that is not the case w Melo. At best this would be a wash!

So, I'm not saying we don't need Melo I just think being that we have an opportunity to sign him this summer why give up anything for him.