Trades that make sense

The Truth

Rookie
Ok biggest trade to make sense Kurt Thomas and Norris for Dampier. Between both players your not really losing much Dampier can post up and get boards he doesn't need to handle the ball but he can pass out of the double team. Second Trade Crawford is good but I have to give the edge all around to the Knicks trying to get Miles if still on the market for Anderson, Williams and Harrington Miles is long and athletic when he was teams up with Q-Rich they did great things they made the clippers a decsent team again he can create off the dribble he can pass long enough and quick enough to defend a SF or SG. The starting line up should be PG Marbury SG Houston (If healthy) SF Mile PF Sweetny( you have to get this kid minutes he has been working with Karim and we all know how Karim did in his career. C Dampier you have a athletic team with veterans some over their prime in Houston but with enough left to get one last push and a young teasm that can run Huston will becoem the Reggie Miller for the knicks he doesn't have to play defense and just stroke them 3's. sorry but tim thomas would have to added to a deal if houston can't go throw miles in teh sg role he can shoot. Look at that team young and athletic just what GM Thomas wants

WiL8000

Rotation player
Focus on getting Dampier and Crawford

Dampier and Crawford need to be a priority for Isiah Thomas this summer. Both would give the Knicks the missing pieces to the puzzle. If Thomas can somehow squeeze Walker into the picture, I guess that would work too, but its' not necessary. Personally, I'd rather see the Knicks land Swift instead of Walker.

Miles is garbage

I dont want Miles on my team, no matter what. I dont care if hes athletic, there are people more athletic... and if you trade that trade for miles, then u cant get crawford, and crawford is already better than miles by far

kevin

Benchwarmer
I still think Shareef has a good chance of coming to NY, I would do that instead of the Crawford personally.

newmove

Rotation player
kevin said:
I still think Shareef has a good chance of coming to NY
What makes you so sure? I mean besides his unsteady status at Portland...

Yeah, they have a tight roster now but I doubt they'd like Reef go. Just remember whom they've traded for him.

And besides he costs alot of scrilla. Can we hadle it? I don't think so. Crawford would suit this team better I think.

I think Rahim would also be a good fit, but Portland wants expiring contracts for him and I think Isiah will use ours for the help at PG/SG which would be Crawford. If we keep k. Thomas with the Dampier deal(which looks likely), we really are all set at PF anyway.
If the Dampier deal and Crawfor deals go down, we still have our 5 million exception to use, although they may opt not too as we are taking in huge contracts in both other trade scenarious.
If we where to use it, I would offer Swift the entire load, or D. miles to part of it. Darious Miles played well once he was traded to portland(well enough to keep Rahim on the bench). He would fit the Knicks up tempo game perfectly. Can't you see him catching the look away alleyoop from Starbury for the viscious dunk. Yes! And it counts....
David