Gallo - Williams S.
Amare - Turiaf

Walker - Evans

Is it possible?
AR + Mozgov = first round pick

Championship team:gony:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Denver won't let Melo become a FA. At some point, some desperate team is going to be willing to trade for Melo and try to convince him on signing an extension once he's there (especially if Denver eases up on their demands the closer it gets to the trade deadline.)

I know the most ideal situation would be to get Melo as a FA, but that's our ideal situation...Denver's ideal situation is getting more than a trade exception and a pick for him once he's committed to a new team next July.

So I don't see us keeping all 3 of Gallo, Chandler, and Fields.

But I wouldn't mind Barea or Telfair as a backup PG and a Carl Landry or Glen Davis type, off the bench, who can rebound but also continue to stretch the floor.

iSaYughh

Starter
What's Chandler going to play..like 8 minutes/game?

One of Fields/Chandler/Gallo just becomes more of a 6th.

Felton
Chandler
Melo
Gallo
STAT

Fields fills in whenever Gallo or Chandler rest; or when Melo rests and Gallo and Chandler move around within the rotation.

Or

Felton
Fields
Melo
Gallo
STAT

Chandler would fill in for all those subs and opportunities, plus some time spent at the 4 slot, as well.

iSaYughh

Starter
Denver won't let Melo become a FA. At some point, some desperate team is going to be willing to trade for Melo and try to convince him on signing an extension once he's there (especially if Denver eases up on their demands the closer it gets to the trade deadline.)

I know the most ideal situation would be to get Melo as a FA, but that's our ideal situation...Denver's ideal situation is getting more than a trade exception and a pick for him once he's committed to a new team next July.

But I wouldn't mind Barea or Telfair as a backup PG and a Carl Landry or Glen Davis type, off the bench, who can rebound but also continue to stretch the floor.

DEN has no actual leverage. They might want to trade him, but they have as much direct control over that as I do wanting to wake up tomorrow being blown by Jenny McCarthy.

Their only "leverage" is accepting a trade where Melo wants to go. He wants to go here.

Melo and NYC have the trump cards, and they are aligned. DEN is in the middle.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
IF Melo wants us Den can't do anything

Real problem is cap space. I don't know if we can
howhever we can keep chandler gallo and fields

D'ant don't use so much a pf and Gallo in offense and Chandler in defense can have that position. Probably also Melo.
And they are young and can improve.

Gallo is 22 and 2.08
he can play pf
and chandler can be the best 6th man in Nba

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

The bolded doesn't make sense, though. What team is going to trade away valuable (even minimally valuable) assets for a player who is intent on not signing with them longterm??? (The only team that I could possibly envision going this route is a team that feels it is a Carmelo Anthony short of competing for a championship THIS year. But what team could that even be??? IMO, the only team that fits that description might just be our very own new york knicks) The team that trades for Carmelo is going to AT LEAST have a verbal commitment from Carmelo that he will sign an extension with them. And when the Nuggets lower their asking price, the Knicks offer(s) should suffice.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The bolded doesn't make sense, though. What team is going to trade away valuable (even minimally valuable) assets for a player who is intent on not signing with them longterm??? (The only team that I could possibly envision going this route is a team that feels it is a Carmelo Anthony short of competing for a championship THIS year. But what team could that even be??? IMO, the only team that fits that description might just be our very own new york knicks) The team that trades for Carmelo is going to AT LEAST have a verbal commitment from Carmelo that he will sign an extension with them. And when the Nuggets lower their asking price, the Knicks offer(s) should suffice.

A team like the Houston Rockets who have multiple first round picks in the immediate future, cap relief, and young players that might interest the Nuggets. Then if they throw a lengthier contract worth more than the current 3 year $65M extension, they feel they have a shot at keeping him while retaining Scola, Martin, and Brooks.

I know it's exciting to hear that Melo is going to bat for us and according to ESPN "sources" he's all but said he only wants to come here. But if these are the same "sources" that were telling "insiders" that the Knicks would get shut out of the FA market, only for us to end up being the first team to land an unrestricted FA....I'll act as if it's just more speculation. Getting traded to the Nets, and traded to a Rockets team that keeps all of those pieces are vastly different. Then factor in an extension longer than 3 years, when the new CBA could really hurt is money, and suddenly he's not as "sold" on NYK.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but to say it's not possible is crazy.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
A team like the Houston Rockets who have multiple first round picks in the immediate future, cap relief, and young players that might interest the Nuggets. Then if they throw a lengthier contract worth more than the current 3 year $65M extension, they feel they have a shot at keeping him while retaining Scola, Martin, and Brooks.

I know it's exciting to hear that Melo is going to bat for us and according to ESPN "sources" he's all but said he only wants to come here. But if these are the same "sources" that were telling "insiders" that the Knicks would get shut out of the FA market, only for us to end up being the first team to land an unrestricted FA....I'll act as if it's just more speculation. Getting traded to the Nets, and traded to a Rockets team that keeps all of those pieces are vastly different. Then factor in an extension longer than 3 years, when the new CBA could really hurt is money, and suddenly he's not as "sold" on NYK.

Not saying it's gonna happen, but to say it's not possible is crazy.

I hear you with regards to not fully trusting the "sources" who are all reporting that Carmelo wants the knicks and only the knicks. But at the same time, the one difference between these "sources" and the "sources" reporting on Lebron and the knicks free agency bid as a whole over the summer, is that these "sources" have been remarkably consistent. We've pretty much heard from day one that Carmelo wants to be a Knick. I have to assume that there is at least SOME validity to these reports until a single, bonified CONFLICTING REPORT comes out suggesting otherwise.

Also, the Rockets don't make sense to me as a potential Carmelo suitor either WITHOUT a firm commitment from Anthony to sign an extension upfront. I mean, I personally don't see how getting Carmelo would make them an instant championship contender. Do you? Yeah, they would be much better but they'd still be the 4th or 5th best team in the loaded West (AT BEST) with no real shot at beating the Lakers. And thus, why would the Rockets give up multiple 1st round picks (the only way they'd be able to keep guys like Scola, Martin, and Brooks out of the trade), unless Melo agreed to sign the extension with them, beforehand??? Again, how would Houston finishing as a middle of the pack Western conference playoff team convince Melo to sign an extention with them when he can go to New York and play with Amare (a player better than anyone on Houston's roster) and Felton??? I just don't see it.

I'll continue to maintain that no General Manager in his right mind is giving up 1st round picks or valuable young assets for Melo unless he KNOWS that Melo will commit to his team longterm.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I like the idea of gettin Reggie Evans. Hes a very tough, physical player and we need to build a team that can take out the Celtics. We're good right now but this team aint built to take out the top teams. We gotta get more physical

KingCharles34

All Star
They say hes the dirtiest player in the leage...probably in more then one way (pause). Or maybe Chris kaman, Id say from my personal experience one out of every 7 basketball players smells like sh*t once they start sweatin. Chris kaman looks like hes the type that smells real bad, Mikki Moore too :barf:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
They say hes the dirtiest player in the leage...probably in more then one way (pause). Or maybe Chris kaman, Id say from my personal experience one out of every 7 basketball players smells like sh*t once they start sweatin. Chris kaman looks like hes the type that smells real bad, Mikki Moore too :barf:

Lol Reggie Evans once went after Kaman's balls during a game, I'll see if it's on youtube.

iSaYughh

Starter
rofl. Daym. What a goddamn embarassment.

Caught trying to finerbang a 7ft, balding white beast of a dude from behind, on a basketball court.

la2ny

Starter
Felton - Barea
Fields - Douglas
Melo - Chandler
Gallo - Williams S.
Amare - Turiaf

Walker - Evans

Is it possible?
AR + Mozgov = first round pick

Championship team:gony:
That isnt a title team unless we get major breaks in the playoffs lol

metrocard

Legend
Barea is pretty much a floor general, quick PG with limited defense and creative passing ability. He's tough and has high IQ. His potential is limited due to his size (5"11). But he's a coaches dream. Always plays hard, and would be a good 12-15 minute per game back up PG.