You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Also not worth comparing young Kobe jump shot and offensive polish with Anthony Randolph... different type of players, if a sg is ass from the field and looks crappy offensively he's screwed, but AR isn't really that type of dude, offense is a bonus, I realize Randolph isn't worth a ton of praise yet but do think he's gonna get very good, definitely can rebound his ass off and block shots, good handle for a 6'11 or whatever he is, not elite no but solid for his height, can obviously get up for put backs and allys so he'll get some points if he plays, and I agree his shot is probably a little below average but again for an athletic big he's not an awful shooter (I realize his low % this year speaks to contrary but someone already pointed out how little chance he's gotten to improve it and I think he should be a over 50% with most buckets coming within 4 feet, most his shots have been jumpers I feel) but he's got shooting potential and don't think that should be the main point of his game anyhow, being able to shoot helps but I'd prefer him to develop into a player that doesn't settle for a jumper unless he's real wide open anyhow.

Darko Milicic

26 minutes
9.1 ppg
6 rpg
2.8 bpg

Funniest thing is how we're SO DESPERATE for size in the minute and a legit center that can be a physical body in the paint.

We gave that away to Minnesota.

Okay, Randolph may not be as physical; but he's BETTER than Darko.

Let Randolph, but I'm not D'Antoni.

Randolph will flourish under whatever team that takes him.

He may make mistakes on the court, but thats how you learn how to play. We got a special player on our roster we're not grooming.

Does that bother anyone else?
if he gets us Melo, no. If he were staying, and not playing,hell yea.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think your definition of polished is way different than mine. From that draft class I would consider Ray Allen & Antoine Walker's game polished. Kobe had no jumber back than & was all flash; he was a highlight reel player back then. He was fearless but his game needed major work. What set him apart from AR IMO was his work ethic & his drive to get better. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Agreeing to disagree is fine..

Kobe's jumper was very adequate, although inconsistent, coming out of highschool IMO.

And think about the wording you used. You said he was trying to emulate Jordan. Obviously he's human and made mistakes early on, but what highschool kid can you think of that could actually show venerable shades of MJ as rookie. Yea he had uber flash. It's called being good.

I clearly remember Kobe out of highschool. He was one of the most impressive young players I've ever seen. Some of the moves he could get off on vets in league were just ridiculous and so exciting to watch. He defied what a highschool grad should be able to do against NBA level talent.

Kobe was much better as a rookie fresh out of highschool than AR is three years into his NBA career. This should not be debatable and yet..

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Agreeing to disagree is fine..

Kobe's jumper was very adequate, although inconsistent, coming out of highschool IMO.

And think about the wording you used. You said he was trying to emulate Jordan. Obviously he's human and made mistakes early on, but what highschool kid can you think of that could actually show venerable shades of MJ as rookie. Yea he had uber flash. It's called being good.

I clearly remember Kobe out of highschool. He was one of the most impressive young players I've ever seen. Some of the moves he could get off on vets in league were just ridiculous and so exciting to watch. He defied what a highschool grad should be able to do against NBA level talent.

Kobe was much better as a rookie fresh out of highschool than AR is three years into his NBA career. This should not be debatable and yet..

I don't understand how Kobe's jumper could be adequate & at the same time be inconsistent. His jumper in his earlier years wasn't good & his 3pt was even worse. That's not the definition polished as you said he was coming out of highschool. Kobe was not like Jordan coming into the league (even though he wanted to be). Jordan averaged almost 30 pts his rookie season & shot 50% from the field. Not to mention I believe he led his team to the playoffs his rookie season. Almost every young SG was being compared to Jordan (Harold Miner also showed "flashes" of Jordan)

Have you seen AR play when he was playing for Golden State? I'm not talking about youtube vids either. In the limited minutes AR has gotten he's shown flashes of greatness with what he can do on the offensive & defensive end. I'm only comparing the rawness & talent level of Kobe & AR when they first came to the league which is more similar than you think.

metrocard

Legend
Metro is an idiot, but you I'll give the benefit of the doubt. Let's try and unpack this a bit..

Why would AR have the freedom Kobe did? I mean think about what your saying. Kobe was much more talented AND under control than this kid.

W him you could see the potential right away. You couldn't drag him off the floor, forget benching him.. I really can't believe you are willing to compare the two players. Kobe is Kobe.

If Kobe were AR's age and on this squad right now, can you honestly sit there and say he'd be benched?? Common...smfh.

Only idiot here is you. Most of your sentences have horrible grammar btw. Go work on that, thanks.

Kobe was obviously more talented and had an insane work ethic. Dude was picked 9th in the draft I believe, so from my assessment, its Kobe's relentless work ethic that got him to where he is today, more than his talent.

So its not fair to compare the two IMO. Randolph obviously comes from a background where he's been around lazy coaches and doesn't have a sense of work ethic.

Work ethic is something that is developed. Humans aren't born with it. Our coaching staff, especially Herb Williams are failing in terms of developing Anthony Randolph. He should be relentless...Kobe type, a gym rat. He should be given goals, and needs to take his career seriously.

I know Randolph has to be responsible, but thats why we have a coaching staff to look after and make sure our guys keep developing to keep our team competitive.

and we don't know what would happen if a 20 year old Kobe was on the Knicks. It has never happen, and never will happen. Its a unrealistic theory so just through it away and start spitting out facts for once.

Your post count is raising, but the amount of times you fonted something insightful and factual has been zero,.

How does that make you feel, "idiot"?

I think you're forgetting what Kobe was like when he first came to the league. The cocky showoff that tried to emulate Jordan (still tries). He was talented coming straight from highschool but he wasn't as hyped or nearly as talented straight from highschool as LBJ. He was even drafted at 13 I believe & AR played one year college & was a picked at 14. Kobe was raw & athletic; the same as AR.

I think you really forgot how raw he was when he came to the league:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pnPaZtO3c

Okay thanks for that information, good post. I forgot Kobe was drafted at 13...what a god damn steal that was.

Indeed Kobe was very raw coming into the league. No post game, wasn't a good man to man defender, and his jumpshot wasn't as deadly as it is now.

But with experience and practice, player's attributes develop.

Its just ignorant to close the door on Randolph now. Dude just played 14 games in orange and blue and we already got morons dismissing him. The ignorance of that is almost as bad as when Isiahsexuals use to make an argument in defense to Isiah's GM decision making.

SMH.

Yea Kobe definitely had his ups and downs early on. Not sure you're giving him enough credit though, especially to be comparing him to AR at the same stage in their career's. Kobe overall had a very polished game and mind coming out of highschool. Think you're forgetting that. IMO, AR still has neither. Allow me to explain..

The huge disparity between the two at similar stages in their respective career's is on offense. Kobe came in to the league w a savvy, confidence and J that you can't even put in the same stratosphere as AR. His game was just better in almost every way on the offensive end, but most importantly upstairs, where he was light years ahead in the IQ department. To me this is not even really debatable. The fact I have to explain this is annoying, but whatevs..

Frankly, I think its stupid to use him as a comparison to ARs situation because IMO, although he was raw as you say, really he was too good to keep off of the floor. Dude came into the league sh*ttin on everybody one on one just to prove a point, not because he was a mentally challenged jacker. You could literally see Kobe's potential looming behind him like a cargo ship.

If we had Kobe at the same age AR is, there's no doubt he'd be getting minutes from our coach. Kobe was raw, but not so much that he couldn't work it out IN games. If he didn't have it on a given night he'd sit, but he would at least get minutes incase he started to get off, which there was a good possibility of due to him being so dynamic. AR not so much.. He's work it out in practice type of raw player, as I've been saying all along..

Perhaps he ready now to graduate no though to on-court study.

No facts, just a lot of crap as usual.
Its not about me agreeing or disagreeing with this, but where is your evidence?

Even when you get to the point of your post where EVIDENCE is mostly needed, you usually just say "its stupid" "its not worth debating". If you know so much, chubby one, why is it so hard for you to post a valid argument?

Heres something to think about.

You said a young Kobe was light years ahead of Randolph OFFENSIVELY. but you provided zero information to back that up. No question Kobe is one of the greatest scorers in the NBA and its history, but looking at the first two seasons, how much better of a scorer and especially "almost better every single way"

Lets examine this.

Per 36 minutes

KB
S1 17 PPG 41% FG 4 RPG, 3 APG 3.7 TO
S2 21 PPG 42% 4RPG 3.5 ASP 2.7 TO

AR
S1 16 PPG 46%FG 11 RPG 1.6 APG 2.6 TO
S2 18.5 PPG 44% FG 10 RPG 2 APG 2.4 TO

Kobe was better, yes.

But Randolph could score also. I would put Kobe on another level.

If you would of provided solid info, then you would be taken more seriously here, by me and many others here. Jackass.

if he gets us Melo, no. If he were staying, and not playing,hell yea.

Melo isn't going to help us in rebounding or defense.

moneyg

Starter

i agree about defense.. melo is a good rebounder...but...if u can..

show us a player that will .. and O'antoni would want.. cant u see he's fasination with melo is driven by his offensive nature.. u said it urself

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Only idiot here is you. Most of your sentences have horrible grammar btw. Go work on that, thanks.

Kobe was obviously more talented and had an insane work ethic. Dude was picked 9th in the draft I believe, so from my assessment, its Kobe's relentless work ethic that got him to where he is today, more than his talent.

So its not fair to compare the two IMO. Randolph obviously comes from a background where he's been around lazy coaches and doesn't have a sense of work ethic.

Work ethic is something that is developed. Humans aren't born with it. Our coaching staff, especially Herb Williams are failing in terms of developing Anthony Randolph. He should be relentless...Kobe type, a gym rat. He should be given goals, and needs to take his career seriously.

I know Randolph has to be responsible, but thats why we have a coaching staff to look after and make sure our guys keep developing to keep our team competitive.

and we don't know what would happen if a 20 year old Kobe was on the Knicks. It has never happen, and never will happen. Its a unrealistic theory so just through it away and start spitting out facts for once.

Your post count is raising, but the amount of times you fonted something insightful and factual has been zero,.

How does that make you feel, "idiot"?

It makes me laugh.. So do you. The sonning continues. Noticed there was no response to my latest truthful posts regarding your insight, and my dominance of you because of it.

It's one thing to have to post info to support points that don't make sense because you don't know the game.. That's you homie. Posting crap info to support your idiotic claim that Melo is Fraud smh. When you spit a point of view that is true and accurate on it's face, which I do ALOT, you feel less of a need to back that sh*t up. People should just know! Real heads like Isayughh, Trills, K Black, Crazy 8's etc. who I consider to have a good feel for the game feel me.

Plus it's not like I "never" support my opinions as you assert. You're actually FOS on this as well.

Having to correct your creative dumbness, a term I coined just for you, w simple, basic basketball points is quite a chore. Nonetheless I've posted stats numerous times in defense of my points in our debates.

No facts, just a lot of crap as usual.
Its not about me agreeing or disagreeing with this, but where is your evidence?

Even when you get to the point of your post where EVIDENCE is mostly needed, you usually just say "its stupid" "its not worth debating". If you know so much, chubby one, why is it so hard for you to post a valid argument?

Heres something to think about.

You said a young Kobe was light years ahead of Randolph OFFENSIVELY. but you provided zero information to back that up. No question Kobe is one of the greatest scorers in the NBA and its history, but looking at the first two seasons, how much better of a scorer and especially "almost better every single way"

Lets examine this.

Per 36 minutes

KB
S1 17 PPG 41% FG 4 RPG, 3 APG 3.7 TO
S2 21 PPG 42% 4RPG 3.5 ASP 2.7 TO

AR
S1 16 PPG 46%FG 11 RPG 1.6 APG 2.6 TO
S2 18.5 PPG 44% FG 10 RPG 2 APG 2.4 TO

Kobe was better, yes.

But Randolph could score also. I would put Kobe on another level.

If you would of provided solid info, then you would be taken more seriously here, by me and many others here. Jackass.

As far as this Kobe V AR sh*t goes.. If you cant see clearly what Kobe had coming in then I can't help you. Yes he had ups and downs. Yes he shot some airballs. Yes he had difficulty guarding guys down low due to his limited strength. But it is clear to me he was light years ahead of AR as a rook. The numbers do not bely this point. You would have had to see him on the court AND understand what it is you're seeing. Alot of people on here don't do both well. I put YOU- the retarded kid- in that category. Your over reliance on stats like per 36 show that. Fack per 36 min Stats! That statistic is useful to a point, like all statistics. I want to see dudes on the court and make my own judgments, which I tend to do accurately and easily.

Sometimes I'm gonna spit my point of view and if you know what the fack you're talking about, you feel it. Other times I'll post all kinds of evidence to back up what I'm saying. I have to live w you being an idiot. You'll have to live w me intuitively spitting basketball fact and not backing it up at times..

Oh and my grammar is fine fool. Look at you try to talk to me about grammar, smh. Picture that sh*t.. Another failed assessment. I do tend to have a lot of typos though, which I've admitted ad nauseum and tried to make light of.

Really, you need to just stop w me. You get no wins here son. Love how you're just trying to talk basketball now.

Maybe this will shut you're ignorant ass up..Here's a decent scouting report on Kobe coming out of High school:

Kobe Bryant, Lower Merion HS

Name: Kobe Bryant
College: Lower Merion HS
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 192
Position: Shooting Guard
Other Position: Point Guard
Strengths: Maturity, finishing
Weaknesses: 17 years old!, ball handling
STATS
No Stats
POOP (Scout: Jason Sean Fuiman )
I played against and watched Kobe Bryant at Lower Merion and in summer
leagues so I might know a little.
Strengths- Kobe's number one stregth is his maturity. He is a lot more
mature than a lot of the college players and some NBA players as well.

This is a huge asset because he isn't going into this without thinking
like some people might think. Extremely intelligent player and student.
Sees the floor very well because of his height and is an excellent
finisher. Knows the game of basketball and what needs to be done to win
(won the state championships without his point guard and top outside
shooter). Is a true leader who often dominated games with triple teams
most of the time. Can hit from three with accuracy (good %). Fierce
competitor with a lot of determination. Played all 5 positions in high
school so he can also work down low. Has perfected the turn around
fall-away jumper (Jordan's tradmark)
A lot of people think he doesn't
like to lift to bulk up but he'll do whatever it takes to make it in the
league.
Weaknesses- True, he is 17 (close to 18) which is huge but as his dad
said "he's 17 going on 25". Has questionable ballhandling skills (to be
a projected point guard). May not be ready for the rigors of the NBA life
and does not have the body for it right now (although his father, ex-nba
player, will be with him most of the time). Does not have a true
position. Played all 5 in high school and didn't perfect any one of the
five. Is very good at all 5 but not great.
I project him just as everyone else going no lower than 12 or so and I
wouldn't be suprised if he goes much higher. Don't everyone jump on me
at once who read this but I read that the 76ers might be intersted in
keeping him home. He practiced with them in the summer and they loved
him. Even said they would draft him when he came out.
MORE POOP(Scout: Owen P O'Malley)
General Info:
Led his team to the state championship, while
averaging 30 ppg. He's currently 17 years old.
Comments:
Has been compared to Grant Hill, but some scouts
feel he doesn't have the ballhandling and shooting
skills to be an effective guard.
Summary:
He'll likely be a top 20 pick.

Kobe's jumper, bball IQ, and maturity as ROOKIE were all light years ahead of AR three years into the league. So STFU.:smokin: I don't agree w the guy's assessment of Kobe's handle however. The boy's handle was right too. You'll come to trust my player assessments. I'm not just saying sh*t to sound cute like you.

Here's some video of him from the 96-97 season. Peep the pretty turn around fade away at the beginning.. Kobe didn't develop that shot. He had that kind of polish coming in to the league.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YE0kVmlDA4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lastly, the point I made about whether Kobe'd be benched by D'ant if he were on the Knicks and in his third year in the league, like AR, is valid. That's is... if you're able to use logic and you know and have a good feel for the two players. If you know the game the easy answer is emphatically- NO!!

Like the scouting report says (and as I've said), Kobe had a higher bball IQ, was more mature and was just a much more competent student of the game than AR. And, overall his game was much more polished. Stop comparing AR to Kobe. AR is NOT in young Kobe's stratosphere. For me to have to explain this to NY fans is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't understand how Kobe's jumper could be adequate & at the same time be inconsistent. His jumper in his earlier years wasn't good & his 3pt was even worse. That's not the definition polished as you said he was coming out of highschool. Kobe was not like Jordan coming into the league (even though he wanted to be). Jordan averaged almost 30 pts his rookie season & shot 50% from the field. Not to mention I believe he led his team to the playoffs his rookie season. Almost every young SG was being compared to Jordan (Harold Miner also showed "flashes" of Jordan)

Have you seen AR play when he was playing for Golden State? I'm not talking about youtube vids either. In the limited minutes AR has gotten he's shown flashes of greatness with what he can do on the offensive & defensive end. I'm only comparing the rawness & talent level of Kobe & AR when they first came to the league which is more similar than you think.

Yes I've seen AR play when he was on G-state.. Damn.

Kobe was considerably more well-rounded and polished as a high school player than AR is now, three years into the league. How bout that..lol :teeth::teeth::teeth:

This video is ugly..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oSeuKLYkfOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It makes me laugh.. So do you. The sonning continues. Noticed there was no response to my latest truthful posts regarding your insight, and my dominance of you because of it.

It's one thing to have to post info to support points that don't make sense because you don't know the game.. That's you homie. Posting crap info to support your idiotic claim that Melo is Fraud smh. When you spit a point of view that is true and accurate on it's face, which I do ALOT, you feel less of a need to back that sh*t up. People should just know! Real heads like Isayughh, Trills, K Black, Crazy 8's etc. who I consider to have a good feel for the game feel me.

Plus it's not like I "never" support my opinions as you assert. You're actually FOS on this as well.

Having to correct your creative dumbness, a term I coined just for you, w simple, basic basketball points is quite a chore. Nonetheless I've posted stats numerous times in defense of my points in our debates.

As far as this Kobe V AR sh*t goes.. If you cant see clearly what Kobe had coming in then I can't help you. Yes he had ups and downs. Yes he shot some airballs. Yes he had difficulty guarding guys down low due to his limited strength. But it is clear to me he was light years ahead of AR as a rook. The numbers do not bely this point. You would have had to see him on the court AND understand what it is you're seeing. Alot of people on here don't do both well. I put YOU- the retarded kid- in that category. Your over reliance on stats like per 36 show that. Fack per 36 min Stats! That statistic is useful to a point, like all statistics. I want to see dudes on the court and make my own judgments, which I tend to do accurately and easily.

Sometimes I'm gonna spit my point of view and if you know what the fack you're talking about, you feel it. Other times I'll post all kinds of evidence to back up what I'm saying. I have to live w you being an idiot. You'll have to live w me intuitively spitting basketball fact and not backing it up at times..

Oh and my grammar is fine fool. Look at you try to talk to me about grammar, smh. Picture that sh*t.. Another failed assessment. I do tend to have a lot of typos though, which I've admitted ad nauseum and tried to make light of.

Really, you need to just stop w me. You get no wins here son. Love how you're just trying to talk basketball now.

Maybe this will shut you're ignorant ass up..Here's a decent scouting report on Kobe coming out of High school:

Kobe Bryant, Lower Merion HS

Name: Kobe Bryant
College: Lower Merion HS
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 192
Position: Shooting Guard
Other Position: Point Guard
Strengths: Maturity, finishing
Weaknesses: 17 years old!, ball handling
STATS
No Stats
POOP (Scout: Jason Sean Fuiman )
I played against and watched Kobe Bryant at Lower Merion and in summer
leagues so I might know a little.
Strengths- Kobe's number one stregth is his maturity. He is a lot more
mature than a lot of the college players and some NBA players as well.

This is a huge asset because he isn't going into this without thinking
like some people might think. Extremely intelligent player and student.
Sees the floor very well because of his height and is an excellent
finisher. Knows the game of basketball and what needs to be done to win
(won the state championships without his point guard and top outside
shooter). Is a true leader who often dominated games with triple teams
most of the time. Can hit from three with accuracy (good %). Fierce
competitor with a lot of determination. Played all 5 positions in high
school so he can also work down low. Has perfected the turn around
fall-away jumper (Jordan's tradmark)
A lot of people think he doesn't
like to lift to bulk up but he'll do whatever it takes to make it in the
league.
Weaknesses- True, he is 17 (close to 18) which is huge but as his dad
said "he's 17 going on 25". Has questionable ballhandling skills (to be
a projected point guard). May not be ready for the rigors of the NBA life
and does not have the body for it right now (although his father, ex-nba
player, will be with him most of the time). Does not have a true
position. Played all 5 in high school and didn't perfect any one of the
five. Is very good at all 5 but not great.
I project him just as everyone else going no lower than 12 or so and I
wouldn't be suprised if he goes much higher. Don't everyone jump on me
at once who read this but I read that the 76ers might be intersted in
keeping him home. He practiced with them in the summer and they loved
him. Even said they would draft him when he came out.
MORE POOP(Scout: Owen P O'Malley)
General Info:
Led his team to the state championship, while
averaging 30 ppg. He's currently 17 years old.
Comments:
Has been compared to Grant Hill, but some scouts
feel he doesn't have the ballhandling and shooting
skills to be an effective guard.
Summary:
He'll likely be a top 20 pick.

Kobe's jumper, bball IQ, and maturity as ROOKIE were all light years ahead of AR three years into the league. So STFU.:smokin: I don't agree w the guy's assessment of Kobe's handle however. The boy's handle was right too. You'll come to trust my player assessments. I'm not just saying sh*t to sound cute like you.

Here's some video of him from the 96-97 season. Peep the pretty turn around fade away at the beginning.. Kobe didn't develop that shot. He had that kind of polish coming in to the league.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YE0kVmlDA4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lastly, the point I made about whether Kobe'd be benched by D'ant if he were on the Knicks and in his third year in the league, like AR, is valid. That's is... if you're able to use logic and you know and have a good feel for the two players. If you know the game the easy answer is emphatically- NO!!

Like the scouting report says (and as I've said), Kobe had a higher bball IQ, was more mature and was just a much more competent student of the game than AR. And, overall his game was much more polished. Stop comparing AR to Kobe. AR is NOT in young Kobe's stratosphere. For me to have to explain this to NY fans is just ridiculous.

Citizen Ron, you are found guilty of rape. You must serve +1 rep as a penalty for your ravishing of a lesser.

Do you have anything to say?

KBlack25

Starter
I'm fine and happy with Randolph playing if he focuses on rebounding and blocking shots. It's when he takes these 20 footers that miss the rim by inches to feet (like last night) that I have an issue. He needs to understand his role on the team is to take close shots, rebound and block shots, that's it. If he does that (which he can do well) I guarantee he sees more time.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Like I said Kobe was a highlight reel player when he first came to the league. He had raw talent but it was his work ethic that made him the player he is today. The jury is still out on AR & dismissing him like he's some sort of bust at this stage of his career is foolish considering he's had spotty play time & only being 21.

AR at LSU; look at the rebounding, shot-blocking & how he runs the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CRtna5iDFc

His Rookie year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDefTdwIx0

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Like I said Kobe was a highlight reel player when he first came to the league. He had raw talent but it was his work ethic that made him the player he is today. The jury is still out on AR & dismissing him like he's some sort of bust at this stage of his career is foolish considering he's had spotty play time & only being 21.

His Rookie year:

Although it was addressed to Metroid, the scouting report killed your whole argument on Kobe, along w the supposed similarities w AR.

Young Kobe was atleast 10Xs more refined than AR is now. You continuing w your assertions is unnecessary @ this point..

And those vids you posted only serve to show why AR's so inept at this point in his career. I saw very little savvy & fundamental bball from the kid..

AR's needed someone to reign in his freelancing since his college days. This is essentially what Coach has done to him. He's broken this kid down completely. Now it's a matter of building him back up. Sorta like what I'm doin w my son Metro..

Hopefully, for AR's sake, he's been working hard and remained teachable.

*edit*

Sh*t Gallo's only 22. How far is he ahead of AR?? This whole debate is totally lame and elementary. I shouldn't have to make these points.

Last edited:

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Although it was addressed to Metroid, the scouting report killed your whole argument on Kobe, along w the supposed similarities w AR.

Young Kobe was atleast 10Xs more refined than AR is now. You continuing w your assertions is unnecessary @ this point..

And those vids you posted only serve to show why AR's so inept at this point in his career. I saw very little savvy & fundamental bball from the kid..

AR's needed someone to reign in his freelancing since his college days. This is essentially what Coach has done to him. He's broken this kid down completely. Now it's a matter of building him back up. Sorta like what I'm doin w my son Metro..

Hopefully, for AR's sake, he's been working hard and remained teachable.

*edit*

Sh*t Gallo's only 22. How far is he ahead of AR?? This whole debate is totally lame and elementary. I shouldn't have to make these points.

Your stats don't have as much stock as you think & alot of times they are deceiving. And IMO you still haven't proved anything. My only point about this is you've totally dismissed AR at 21 as a bust like he's reached his ceiling when the truth is he hasn't had the opportunity to grow as a player. That's a fact. Kobe was as raw as AR as a rookie. Kobe was more flashy because he's a SG with a better handle & plays a premiere position. Both were gifted athletes & could be built on. The difference between the two is coaching: Kobe was given the opportunity & the confidence to go out, play & make mistakes. With Kobe's work ethic to get better that made him a better player. Imagine if Gallo had AR's leash. How would you react to that. Insead Gallo was allowed to make mistakes & grow & look what he's doing now.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gallo has never been a hinderance to us; but a boon.

He was also a high lotto pick, so of course if we are going to risk minutes to a developing player, a Gallo will get the nod. And rightfully so.

His attitude has also never been in question. Randolph's has dating back to his rookie season. Ask pretty much any GSW fan.

Another reason a buck like Gallo be allowed a greater opportunity.

Even at Gallo's worst, he gave us an edge, and never wrecked the entire team's cohesion.

People like AR...and Walker, too, eg...Can single handedly mess up other players' on the court. Chandler is especially susceptible to play like shit in spurts, when surrounded by Walker/AR, etc.

It's simple: if AR acts like Moz, Williams...Gallo.

And when he gets minutes plays superncontrolled, focuses on blocks/rebounds/running.

He we will get the minutes.

Yet he hasn't. Even in the simplest of situations and times.

I don't hate AR's game. At all. But his success is in his hands. Is it not reasonable to say if he doesn't sulk, bitch, and when he plays he shows basic control, restraint, and heady play in the court....that he *then* gets minutes?

Especially on an already young squad following through a playoff hunt?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Your stats don't have as much stock as you think & alot of times they are deceiving. And IMO you still haven't proved anything.

No my friend you're mistaken. According to the scouting report, which I agree w and mirrored my thinking as I started to watch him as a rookie, Kobe was more mature and had a better bball IQ than many college and NBA players-- at 17. If you use logic, that would mean a player like AR who has shown little in the way of maturity and bball IQ to this point pales in comparison to a young Kobe in these departments. That is why it is not outlandish to say that Kobe as a high schooler was better in the above departments than AR three years into his career. You are the one that has proved nothing. At the same time, you refuse to buy what i'm selling so clearly to you.

My only point about this is you've totally dismissed AR at 21 as a bust like he's reached his ceiling when the truth is he hasn't had the opportunity to grow as a player.That's a fact.

I'm dismissive of him because of his shortcomings as a player. That's all. I have never called him bust. I have called him a bum more than a few times, which in IMO is accurate based on what he's shown. Really, I just think he lacks fundamentals, has a low IQ, which results in him looking like a bit of a headcase oncourt at times. I'm also not sold on his shooting or post defending. I do however think he can and will eventually grow into something serviceable.

Kobe was as raw as AR as a rookie.

Kobe being raw is different from AR type rawness. Kobe's being the more refined player, w higher skill set allowed him to have a much, much longer leash than a guy like AR. AR is not that good yet, plus he turns the ball over and fouls guys incessantly. We can't afford to have him play the way he does being that we're trying to be a good team. He needs to learn fundamentals. Kobe came in a fundamentally sound player bro. This is what you're not getting. There's different levels of so-called rawness. Honestly, I don't even really buy Kobe being characterized that way. How can you be raw when your skill level is unbelievably refined? He just lacked experience. AR is raw because he lacks fundamentals and doesn't have a high aptitude for the game. Kobe's as I've stated and posted evidence to support didn't have those issues coming in to the league.

You sir, are not parsing the more subtle differences in their respective levels of inexperience/ rawness, along w how said differences factor in to the way they're coached and managed during games.

Kobe was more flashy because he's a SG with a better handle & plays a premiere position. Both were gifted athletes & could be built on. The difference between the two is coaching: Kobe was given the opportunity & the confidence to go out, play & make mistakes. With Kobe's work ethic to get better that made him a better player. Imagine if Gallo had AR's leash. How would you react to that. Insead Gallo was allowed to make mistakes & grow & look what he's doing now.

Lastly, I don't buy this argument about them playing different positions. That's like saying Chris Bosh should've had the leash AR has now because they have similar skillsets as PFs. BS. That is flawed argument. The base talent level of the two players in all levels is just gaping wide. The same applies to Kobe V AR. Therefore you don't give a Bosh, a Kobe, or even a Gallo the same type of leash as AR. You trust certain players to work there issues out on court because they're that good. AR, on a good team in the hunt for a playoff birth, is in the right place --- on the bench during games & learning in practice.

Last edited:

His Rookie year:

Man Anthony looks no where near that confident on the floor this year. Just shows you what some PT can do for a players confidence. Looks like MDA has screwed up this kids head...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I still don't understand how he can't be like Jeffries from last year. And this would be my lowest expectaton of him.

He's our best rebounder. When we get killed on the boards, we lose. It's that simple. 15-20 min a night would help us tremendously.