You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
Didn't read through every post but in short I disagree. Yes he will be an outstanding player however his game once developed will be far too similar to Amar'e. He is and always will be undersized at center do to his weight and built. On Wednesday we will likely move him for our first round pick back from Houston. Then all hopes that we move that 1st rounder, Chandler, and Curry for Melo. Why Chandler? Because Melo and Gallo can play side by side while Chandler and Melo style is far too similar. We wouldn't pay Chandler in the offseason anyway. We add Melo without disrupting the core too much and we contend for atleast a top 4 spot in the East and basketball into the late summer! Would be the first time, in a long time for our die hard fans

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I agree with Melo and Chandler being too similar but I feel that Chandler's versatility is going to go quite a ways.

If anything I'm not sure why Denver isn't asking more strongly for Chandler instead of Gallo. Gallo's probably going to jump ship to a big market team once his contract expires whereas Chandler could probably do well with an extension there. Honestly I think Chandler is as good a player as Danny Granger and Rudy Gay and frankly I think he'd work well for the Nuggets. But those players aren't Carmelo, so there you go. I think Gallo would fit great because Melo and STAT both get to the rim so well that they'd each draw double teams, leaving Gallinari open on the wing to hit the 3-pointer.

If we get Carmelo and Stoudemire together, have Felton and Gallo on the outside to hit the 3-ball and space the floor, all while having Landry Fields annoy the hell out of everyone with his smart play, I can think of few teams in the NBA that have a better starting rotation.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I think we should keep AR also. The kid is young and anything can happen. I am definitely not a fan of his, but I recognize that it would be dumb to let him go.

Three things need to be done to make him valuable:

1) He needs to get his head straight. His attitude issues have been around even at LSU. I seriously doubt this is people just hating on him, reports are pretty consistent from scouts and past teams.

2) He needs to find and develop a defensive post game. I'm not saying this guy needs to be a duncan, garnett, camby, etc but he needs to have something there. Yeah, he can block shots, but usually it is on the perimeter or weak side D.

3) He needs to study the game. This also ties into his attitude. It is obivious his Bball IQ is in the pits.

Other things are secondary.

And he does have a jumper, and its actually pretty good. His confidence or Bball IQ is why he takes bad shots or misses.

I suggest people watch some of his LSU games and I am sure you will be impressed and realize what AR can potentially become.

Again, I am an not a fan of his and I think he will be a bust in the end.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Again, everyone is missing the big picture. Sure, AR is talented and has a tremendous amount of potential, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. The issue is that we are no longer rebuilding but actually have a squad capable of competing with stars currently in their prime. This is not 2 years ago when we could let a player be baptized by fire by throwing him playing time and allowing him to learn from his mistakes. We are fighting for the 5th seed and need to play the best possible players, players ready NOW to ball and to contribute. Now is not the time to be developing anyone...now is the time to compete!

Further, we are not just going to trade AR without a reason. If and when he is traded it will be for an impact player that helps us take one more step towards being title contenders. If thats Melo, great! If it's another player that fills a need and is ready now to ball that is also good. The point is that we only pull the trigger because it makes our team better.

So sure, AR may end up being a star in 2-3 years and we may wish he were playing for the Knicks but that is a gamble and there is no need to wait when we are poised right now for a run. (especially if we get Melo or fill needs at center and spot up shooter)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
How can all of you guys honestly say that he does not deserve to be on the court. We trot Mozgof out everygame to turn the ball over and foul people. This guy did not even start on his Pro or National team. We have a full blown stud that racks up DNP every game and it is not good. I am happy of course that we are winning at a clip that none of us have ever seen from this team, but lets be honest.

We are sitting around talking about trading for this and that when we have what we need on our bench. Let this guy play and stop looking so stupid for trading David Lee for a role player we could have drafted years ago(Ronny).

What needs to happen is to work AR into the games slowing and hold off on all deals until after the season that requires us to trade prospects. It has been so long since we have had any type of assets and everyone is so quick to want to trade them away for one guy who may or may not be the answer.:2cents::gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Further, we are not just going to trade AR without a reason. If and when he is traded it will be for an impact player that helps us take one more step towards being title contenders. If thats Melo, great! If it's another player that fills a need and is ready now to ball that is also good. The point is that we only pull the trigger because it makes our team better.

So sure, AR may end up being a star in 2-3 years and we may wish he were playing for the Knicks but that is a gamble and there is no need to wait when we are poised right now for a run. (especially if we get Melo or fill needs at center and spot up shooter)

:agreed:

Are the chances of Randolph coming back to the Garden in a new uniform and lighting us up that great? Really? More than 50/50? No one knows! His potential has a duality surrounding it: as good as he can be, he can be equally as bad.

Will we be sorry that he leaves? Maybe, maybe not. Anyone who says either is the case is a downer. :lol:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
How can all of you guys honestly say that he does not deserve to be on the court. We trot Mozgof out everygame to turn the ball over and foul people. This guy did not even start on his Pro or National team. We have a full blown stud that racks up DNP every game and it is not good. I am happy of course that we are winning at a clip that none of us have ever seen from this team, but lets be honest.

We are sitting around talking about trading for this and that when we have what we need on our bench. Let this guy play and stop looking so stupid for trading David Lee for a role player we could have drafted years ago(Ronny).

What needs to happen is to work AR into the games slowing and hold off on all deals until after the season that requires us to trade prospects. It has been so long since we have had any type of assets and everyone is so quick to want to trade them away for one guy who may or may not be the answer.:2cents::gony:

Mozgov does not turn the ball over that much, I think thats a bit of an exaggeration. Further, Mozgov is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes like stupid fouls. That said, Mozgov at this point is in there to defend and set picks, two things he is doing adequately. Not great, but decent. Mozgov did not get handed his minutes he earned them in summer camp, preseason and practice. AR is in his 3rd year and has not grown really since his rookie year. Further AR's potential is the only thing that makes him trade bait and we need to capitalize on that while he is still worth anything. Comparing the two is really relevant to this debate.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Again, everyone is missing the big picture. Sure, AR is talented and has a tremendous amount of potential, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. The issue is that we are no longer rebuilding but actually have a squad capable of competing with stars currently in their prime. This is not 2 years ago when we could let a player be baptized by fire by throwing him playing time and allowing him to learn from his mistakes. We are fighting for the 5th seed and need to play the best possible players, players ready NOW to ball and to contribute. Now is not the time to be developing anyone...now is the time to compete!

I agree with you but what concerns me is; Who do we have to pick up the slack if Amare goes down for 10 games? AR, I think, could find his game if he was to get consistant time on the floor and get a chance to gel on the floor. I think that is exactly what the Knicks need to do a true evaluation of AR. I think we all agree that there is potential and talent with this man but we do not know if he will ever realize that talent. Right now we are rolling but who do we have to fill in major minutes at thr 5/4 if Amare goes down? AR is cheap and we have him for 2 years, we need some sort of an insurance policy. If we could land a proven player that could be dropped into that role then AR is expendable with out developing him more. Until then.... I think I want to keep him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean if AR becomes pivotal in a deal for a solid Center or Carmelo Anthony then obviously you pull the trigger on that deal because even AR at his best isn't going to be better than Carmelo and as good as he is if we can pull Carmelo and Amar'e on the same team we need to be in full-on "WIN NOW" mode before their contracts expire.

AR is a solid player but if we can trade for Carmelo while giving up only him and maybe 2-3 other players that aren't Gallo/Chandler then we DO IT

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
im also not seeing all this "potential" in ar.. low bball iq, poor shot selection, too light, plays out of control.. id trade him for a pack of skittles

Absolutely agree with you but let's not go overboard and give him away for crap. Get at least a Snickers bar out of him.

metrocard

Legend
Didn't read through every post but in short I disagree. Yes he will be an outstanding player however his game once developed will be far too similar to Amar'e. He is and always will be undersized at center do to his weight and built. On Wednesday we will likely move him for our first round pick back from Houston. Then all hopes that we move that 1st rounder, Chandler, and Curry for Melo. Why Chandler? Because Melo and Gallo can play side by side while Chandler and Melo style is far too similar. We wouldn't pay Chandler in the offseason anyway. We add Melo without disrupting the core too much and we contend for atleast a top 4 spot in the East and basketball into the late summer! Would be the first time, in a long time for our die hard fans

He's nothing like Amare.
Randolph's game is built on defense. Amare's game is built on offense.
Randolph is 6"11, how is he undersized?

You haven't watched Randolph play enough basketball to say anything like that.

Drop the 2k11 and start doing your research. Randolph has skill and is a unique player.

metrocard

Legend
Mozgov does not turn the ball over that much, I think thats a bit of an exaggeration. Further, Mozgov is a rookie and makes rookie mistakes like stupid fouls. That said, Mozgov at this point is in there to defend and set picks, two things he is doing adequately. Not great, but decent. Mozgov did not get handed his minutes he earned them in summer camp, preseason and practice. AR is in his 3rd year and has not grown really since his rookie year. Further AR's potential is the only thing that makes him trade bait and we need to capitalize on that while he is still worth anything. Comparing the two is really relevant to this debate.

He hasn't played enough to say he's grown or not.
and Randolph is much more skilled, talented and a higher talented prospect than Mosgov was, is, and ever will be.

iJoe

Rotation player

Nice post. Sums up what I feel exactly. :beer:

AR is the perfect candidate for a rebuilding team. They can afford to throw him minutes and wait for him to grow.

You have to trade value for value.

You can't compare Mosgov to Randolph. Mosgov is a Center. Period. Randolph is a PF/SF who wants to play like a guard. He doesn't have the body to defend at Center.

These are the same people who cry for Curry to play. You can see how awesome Curry's body is in practice vids. Its been shown that you earn minutes through good play in practice and games for the Knicks. Even Sheldon Williams got a chance. Mosgov is said to be a Knicks team favorite. You can see how the bench goes crazy when Mosgov makes a nice play.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Amare can't be overloading on minutes. Who's going to back him up? Randolph has a lot of opportunities on this team, we can really use him. He's an all around talent, very dynamic and versatile. Lets not give up on him yet.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
He's nothing like Amare.
Randolph's game is built on defense. Amare's game is built on offense.
Randolph is 6"11, how is he undersized?

You haven't watched Randolph play enough basketball to say anything like that.

Drop the 2k11 and start doing your research. Randolph has skill and is a unique player.

2k11? What are you talking about? Lol

In your defense, your correct I haven't watched Randolph or GS like I seen Knicks game. Theres still no way you can compare him to Marcus Camby without me laughing at you. The guys played around 120 games in his career and hasnt proven shit except that he can block shots and cant stay healthy.If he cant beat out Turiaf or Mozgov for minutes he's doin something wrong. Guy got zero motivation and ways a 100lbs soak and wet. The kid will never ever be a dominate center in this league. Maybe a solid PF for another team, but not our team that's for sure. Sorry bro I been following he NBA and the Knicks since the early 90s, this kid will never dominate this league. He ain't built for this. I could care less about his so called potential. He got no juice, no pep in his step. You need to "want it", he lacks the key; motivation

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
2k11? What are you talking about? Lol

In your defense, your correct I haven't watched Randolph or GS like I seen Knicks game. Theres still no way you can compare him to Marcus Camby without me laughing at you. The guys played around 120 games in his career and hasnt proven shit except that he can block shots and cant stay healthy.If he cant beat out Turiaf or Mozgov for minutes he's doin something wrong. Guy got zero motivation and ways a 100lbs soak and wet. The kid will never ever be a dominate center in this league. Maybe a solid PF for another team, but not our team that's for sure. Sorry bro I been following he NBA and the Knicks since the early 90s, this kid will never dominate this league. He ain't built for this. I could care less about his so called potential. He got no juice, no pep in his step. You need to "want it", he lacks the key; motivation

Well truthfully he's not Camby now, its just my projection into his style. Camby is a borderline hall of famer in my opinion, best rebounder/shotblocker/defensive PF/C hybrid we've had in the last decade.

I just hope to see Randolph play soon. I love Turiaf, but I can see Randolph being more productive on terms of efficiency.

Randolph haven't shown the juice yet, but it would be a blessing if he does.

metrocard

Legend
In multiple season preview reports by basketball analysts they suggested that Randolph would be the break out player of the year. Randolph's potential is still there. Mike didnt play Nate, didnt play Millicic and both had succesful seasons. Just because randolph didnt work out here dosn't mean he is trash.

Whats kinda funny is that we can actually use Nate and Milicic since we not good at the back PG and C position.

Randolph is a good asset, we gotta use him.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
In multiple season preview reports by basketball analysts they suggested that Randolph would be the break out player of the year. Randolph's potential is still there. Mike didnt play Nate, didnt play Millicic and both had succesful seasons. Just because randolph didnt work out here dosn't mean he is trash.

Whats kinda funny is that we can actually use Nate and Milicic since we not good at the back PG and C position.

Randolph is a good asset, we gotta use him.

u jus said nate sucks like 3 days ago, ur half retarded ni99a

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I myself do not attend Knicks practice so I would not know what goes on. I have to believe that D'ant doesn't like what he sees in practice so he doesn't play. Maybe Gov gives more effort in practice so he gets more time. I really can't say one way or the other, but I like what we have and there is no reason to disturb it. Maybe down the road AR will be an all star, but he will never start over Amare and he has to learn to use his other talents like blocking, playing good post defense and playing as a cog in the team before he gets the go ahead.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
D'Antoni doesn't like Mozgov's handling ability - he drops the passes way too much, largely due to a lack of communication...this is understood since Mozgov is new to the league and all, still needs to work on his English a bit.

AR on the other hand D'Antoni I guess was fed up with his bad shot selection? He hasn't really gotten a chance to prove it at all on the court...