You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

mafra

Legend
Darko Milicic

26 minutes
9.1 ppg
6 rpg
2.8 bpg

Funniest thing is how we're SO DESPERATE for size in the minute and a legit center that can be a physical body in the paint.

We gave that away to Minnesota.

Okay, Randolph may not be as physical; but he's BETTER than Darko.

Let Randolph, but I'm not D'Antoni.

Randolph will flourish under whatever team that takes him.

He may make mistakes on the court, but thats how you learn how to play. We got a special player on our roster we're not grooming.

Does that bother anyone else?

Sure. Annoys and festers b/c it seems like AR is exactly what this team needs right now. HOWEVER, as much as we look at things... and we're seeing this on the outside looking in, aren't we? We cannot ignore the unpleasant fact that since AR was removed from the rotation the Knicks went frm 3-8 to 18-13 (in other words, 15-5 since AR added DNP-CD to his moniker).

I think serious defensive lapses, along with a selfish offensive game (gotta get his in the few minutes he's seeing action) caused AR to be banished to the bench. That's AR's fault, not MD.

I'm no D'ant supporter.... But I can understand this move. AR drives coaches crazy b/c he is immature. Why can't he simply play defense and rebound?

Where were the off. rebounds and slams of misses? Running on the break and finsihing?

HIs game needs serious work. We can only hope he's putting that work in during practice, and that he is learning from Amar'e.

We need size in the paint. Rebounding. But it feels like rebounding is really the only thing AR brings when he's on the court.

AND MAKE NO MISTAKE... D'ant knows/feels/senses that his head is on the chopping block... Can you blame him for not enduring the trials and tribulations that come with allowing AR the freedom to learn on the job?

No way. So, hard to blame coach for benching AR. NYK are ten games above .500 since that move.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Mafra you can't say the team's improvement is due to AR not playing because AR barely played in the games we lost anyway. Plus every single one of us knows that we lost those games not because AR chucked too many shots but rather because our players lacked chemistry because they were a new team, especially Felton + STAT...blaming that on AR is silly

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Mafra you can't say the team's improvement is due to AR not playing because AR barely played in the games we lost anyway. Plus every single one of us knows that we lost those games not because AR chucked too many shots but rather because our players lacked chemistry because they were a new team, especially Felton + STAT...blaming that on AR is silly

I just hope we get value when we move him because it seems likely we wont.

petescud

Starter
Yeah, i don't know what to make of AR. When he did play he didn't make an impression on me, so how do we hold such greater value to him. He's not a smart player as evidenced by his shot selection the few times i seen him play. I think he's a perfect tradable piece for a quality player who doesn't need 3 years to grow. Other thing is by trading him, doesn't upset the chemistry we are putting together. Everyone wants to trade Gallo or Chandler. I think both of those guys are light years ahead of AR, as far as NBA players. Gallo has a deadly shot for one, and Chandler is developing into a young Scottie Pippen

moneyg

Starter
So I guess O'antonis the problem

If darko's playing better in Minn.......and Nate is running the point for Boston when O'antoni said he was uncapable of....and i wouldnt be surprised if AR plays well if he traded to another team....

if our coach doesnt want to play him.. trade him for something that can help the team..

its a simple as that... or just admit... O'antoni is problem

AR has tons of potential... key word potential

Potential gets GMs and Coaches fired all the time...

If darko's playing better in Minn.......and Nate is running the point for Boston when O'antoni said he was uncapable of....and i wouldnt be surprised if AR plays well if he traded to another team....

if our coach doesnt want to play him.. trade him for something that can help the team..

its a simple as that... or just admit... O'antoni is problem

AR has tons of potential... key word potential

Potential gets GMs and Coaches fired all the time...

Nate or Darko aren't playing well Nate is still chucking check his game logs or watch some Boston games he slows down the ball movement. Paul Pierce runs the offense or sometimes Marquis Daniels sets things up. Darko on the other hand is playing well because he is finally in shape and focusing on ball. There was an article about how he wasn't in great enough shape for D'antoni to play him, he ven apologized for it.

Ar is trash, He is not our answer I say developing Mozgov is better because he is a Legit big man and has shown flashes of what he can do. I see Mozgov as a Okur type player that can shoot that Midrange ( he has shown a great touch) and sometimes bang and set great picks. Ar had his chance 3years in the league and he is still can't get out of doghouses. When is it going to be him and not the Coach!

moneyg

Starter
Nate or Darko aren't playing well Nate is still chucking check his game logs or watch some Boston games he slows down the ball movement. Paul Pierce runs the offense or sometimes Marquis Daniels sets things up. Darko on the other hand is playing well because he is finally in shape and focusing on ball. There was an article about how he wasn't in great enough shape for D'antoni to play him, he ven apologized for it.

Ar is trash, He is not our answer I say developing Mozgov is better because he is a Legit big man and has shown flashes of what he can do. I see Mozgov as a Okur type player that can shoot that Midrange ( he has shown a great touch) and sometimes bang and set great picks. Ar had his chance 3years in the league and he is still can't get out of doghouses. When is it going to be him and not the Coach!

im Confused.. is Darko playing well or not... I think Darko said the politically correct thing.. but youhave to understand.. many bigs are not in shape to play in O'antoni system... its a track meet..

Nate is playing good defense on the point and i would luv for him to be backing up Felton at the 1 with TD backing up fields... u have to admit.. we would be a better team.. if we had darko at the 5 and amarew at the 4 in another system.. we would be a better team...but thats not O'antonis style..

but to your point.. AR...when your always in the doghouse... you have to look in the mirror

im Confused.. is Darko playing well or not... I think Darko said the politically correct thing.. but youhave to understand.. many bigs are not in shape to play in O'antoni system... its a track meet..

Nate is playing good defense on the point and i would luv for him to be backing up Felton at the 1 with TD backing up fields... u have to admit.. we would be a better team.. if we had darko at the 5 and amarew at the 4 in another system.. we would be a better team...but thats not O'antonis style..

but to your point.. AR...when your always in the doghouse... you have to look in the mirror

Nate is a great service role player he can't run any offense he is just a way to sell tickets and will be that way for the rest of his career becaus e he is immature In my opinion TD >>>>>> Nate. Darko was playing well but is now riddled with minor injuries and healthy he woud be great he is at about 5mil a year but he actually would be a great addition to our team. Big man passes well and is acutally developing a low post offense always had great I.Q he just needs a systems that fits.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Shut the *uck up.
I don't care what you say.
Hop off my dick.

You're too stupid to talk with.
Read a book, jackass.

ur mad gay always talkin about ni99as hopin off ur dick.
or wait is ur keyboard broken this time?
hahahahahaha herb

In multiple season preview reports by basketball analysts they suggested that Randolph would be the break out player of the year. Randolph's potential is still there. Mike didnt play Nate, didnt play Millicic and both had succesful seasons. Just because randolph didnt work out here dosn't mean he is trash.

Whats kinda funny is that we can actually use Nate and Milicic since we not good at the back PG and C position.

Randolph is a good asset, we gotta use him.

Nate sucks.
smh u stay switchin it up

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nate is a great service role player he can't run any offense he is just a way to sell tickets and will be that way for the rest of his career becaus e he is immature In my opinion TD >>>>>> Nate. Darko was playing well but is now riddled with minor injuries and healthy he woud be great he is at about 5mil a year but he actually would be a great addition to our team. Big man passes well and is acutally developing a low post offense always had great I.Q he just needs a systems that fits.

How is Nate immature?? Also, you called him a "great service role player". What's wrong with that? Isn't that what all teams need?

Your confusing.

How is Nate immature?? Also, you called him a "great service role player". What's wrong with that? Isn't that what all teams need?

Your confusing.
Nate isn't immature wow where have you been umm how bout shooting at your own team basket, clowing with celebrities, getting into verbal fights with your coach about what he wants you to do. He has talent but is a dunce, also this clown even thinks he should get voted into the allstar game.

Also i was responding to a post about how he could run an offense but he can't ,he is a great scoring guard that's it. That's why he is a role player in his 5 years he has not shown to be anything but a hit our miss player. We don't need him we need a smart Pg who can run the offense and set the 2nd unit up.

Sorry if I confused you:gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nate isn't immature wow where have you been umm how bout shooting at your own team basket, clowing with celebrities, getting into verbal fights with your coach about what he wants you to do. He has talent but is a dunce, also this clown even thinks he should get voted into the allstar game.

Also i was responding to a post about how he could run an offense but he can't ,he is a great scoring guard that's it. That's why he is a role player in his 5 years he has not shown to be anything but a hit our miss player. We don't need him we need a smart Pg who can run the offense and set the 2nd unit up.

Sorry if I confused you:gony:
Other than shooting at the opposing teams basket, your just nitpicking. Plenty of payers have conversations with celebrities and get into verbal jabs with their coach. (FYI - Amare got into verbal jabs with Dant in PHX) Besides, out of his 5 years in the league your taking spot situations and making it his whole career. How about when he was benched for a whole month and kept it professional the entire time? He's just passionate about the game and gets hype at times but that's far from immature.

I've never heard Nate say this but when has it ever been bad for someone to feel they should play in the all-star game?

Your hating on Nate and your excuses are fickle.

Other than shooting at the opposing teams basket, your just nitpicking. Plenty of payers have conversations with celebrities and get into verbal jabs with their coach. (FYI - Amare got into verbal jabs with Dant in PHX) Besides, out of his 5 years in the league your taking spot situations and making it his whole career. How about when he was benched for a whole month and kept it professional the entire time? He's just passionate about the game and gets hype at times but that's far from immature.

I've never heard Nate say this but when has it ever been bad for someone to feel they should play in the all-star game?

That's your opinion cool, I don't know why you want this guy back he is an overrated loser he put up big numbers because he chucked, he was inconsisitent and is well known for ball stopping with his dribbling. Acutally he is a bigger verison of Al Harrington. He never plays good defense, can't distrubite well, Why do you think Paul Pierce is running the offense. Just because he is on a good Boston team that can cover up his flaws don't be fooled he is and will always be a role player. Why else do you think nobody gave him any of that money he was asking for back in 08?

Nate = crowd pleaser, momentum guy

welcometonycity

Rotation player

nates on the ball defense is real too.. not just a scoring guard.

KingofNy

Starter
See that. The refs know if they foul Amare out the Knicks won't win. F*cking rigged. 4 of his 5 fouls were bullsh*t. Sometimes I hate how corrupt the NBA is.

mafra

Legend

I never claimed AR was the reason why we w eere losing, or that his absence directly contributed to the 15-5 run NYK went on afterward. AR was not the independent variable there.

I just was stating the obvious... That coach shortened his rotation to about 7 or sometimes 8 men. AND, right or wrong.... deservedly so or not.... since the NYK were winning... we tinker or mess with what's working.

This is what I meant by claiming that D'antoni was justified with going with the flow b/c it was working.

Sure, he could still find minutes here and there for AR, it probably wouldn't have hurt. BUt when you win you get a free pass.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I never claimed AR was the reason why we w eere losing, or that his absence directly contributed to the 15-5 run NYK went on afterward. AR was not the independent variable there.

I just was stating the obvious... That coach shortened his rotation to about 7 or sometimes 8 men. AND, right or wrong.... deservedly so or not.... since the NYK were winning... we tinker or mess with what's working.

This is what I meant by claiming that D'antoni was justified with going with the flow b/c it was working.

Sure, he could still find minutes here and there for AR, it probably wouldn't have hurt. BUt when you win you get a free pass.

Thats true..
but last night show the lack of coaching knowledge D'antoni has on defense...
How in the hell is Wilson Chandler suppose to guard Howard. I couldnt watch the whole game but when i watched the highlights i couldnt believe my eyes.. We have AR, Moz and Turiaf on the bench... I get Chandler was having a great game but to expect him to D Howard is just crazy