You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

mafra

Legend
Thats true..
but last night show the lack of coaching knowledge D'antoni has on defense...
How in the hell is Wilson Chandler suppose to guard Howard. I couldnt watch the whole game but when i watched the highlights i couldnt believe my eyes.. We have AR, Moz and Turiaf on the bench... I get Chandler was having a great game but to expect him to D Howard is just crazy

I totally agree. Send Randolph or Mozgiv in. Tell them the moment Howard touches ball in paint just bear hug him and send him to the free throw line. Allowing him dunks is nonsense when he's a terrible FT shooter.

KBlack25

Starter
I would have been okay with Nate clowning around if the team was winning games. But they weren't. He needed to not be a clown, they weren't winning games.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I would have been okay with Nate clowning around if the team was winning games. But they weren't. He needed to not be a clown, they weren't winning games.

Agreed.

What was frustrating about Nate was the fact that he seemed OK with a 23 win season as long as he was winning them dunk contests. And the moment he goes to the Celtics he talks about the losing culture of NY...please...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Agreed.

What was frustrating about Nate was the fact that he seemed OK with a 23 win season as long as he was winning them dunk contests. And the moment he goes to the Celtics he talks about the losing culture of NY...please...

Exactly, he's a friggin clown.

metrocard

Legend
he got 10 mins a game a few times earlier in the year and he proved that he was absolute doo doo

10 minutes means nothing.

Anthony Randolph is an 18 ppg 11 rebound per game with 2 blocks per game kind of talent if given 30+ minutes. Despite his shot selection, he's going to give you rebounds and blocks, and he can score regardless. Randolph won't kill this team with his mistakes, the more minutes he gets the less those mistakes will occur with the experience he gains. Randolph won't improve if he doesn't play, its simple. Letting a talent die on the bench is just foolish and a bad move by this franchise.

I kinda gotta agree with you here. Darko is a bust. Randolph is a long term project.

He's good for a team thats in rebuilding mode. Not a team that can be Title contenders very soon. Fields, Gallo, and even Chandler are all projects to an extent, but they Produce.

Randolph has Awful Shot selection, and hes Mentally weak. Granted hes only 21 and has alot of upside but I would trade him before I trade Fields, Gallo, Chandler, and even Douglas!

Darko isn't a bust.
He's an NBA starter and one of the best shot blockers in the NBA.
Not every draft pick is going to have a career like Wade and LeBron and its unfair to compare Darko to those guys because Wade and LeBron can be classified as top 3-5 players in this DECADE alone. How many top 3-5 DECADE players do you get in one draft? Darko had his bumps in the past, but now he found a home in Minnesota and has played good for them. Think of Theo Ratcliff. He's never been an all star type player but can always contribute to a team. Why are people so ignorant and label everyone who doesn't average superstar numebers a bust? Not being a superstar isn't a bad thing. If this league was filled with superstars, who would do all the dirty work? It'll be a prima dona league. Anyway.

Trading Randolph before Douglas just shows how much you know about basketball and which why you'll be the last person on this planet next to welcometothecity to be qualfiied for a General Manager position.

Randolph is easily the best rebounder and shot blocker on this team. Letting him go before a streaky combo guard is just madness.

Sure. Annoys and festers b/c it seems like AR is exactly what this team needs right now. HOWEVER, as much as we look at things... and we're seeing this on the outside looking in, aren't we? We cannot ignore the unpleasant fact that since AR was removed from the rotation the Knicks went frm 3-8 to 18-13 (in other words, 15-5 since AR added DNP-CD to his moniker).

I think serious defensive lapses, along with a selfish offensive game (gotta get his in the few minutes he's seeing action) caused AR to be banished to the bench. That's AR's fault, not MD.

I'm no D'ant supporter.... But I can understand this move. AR drives coaches crazy b/c he is immature. Why can't he simply play defense and rebound?

Where were the off. rebounds and slams of misses? Running on the break and finsihing?

HIs game needs serious work. We can only hope he's putting that work in during practice, and that he is learning from Amar'e.

We need size in the paint. Rebounding. But it feels like rebounding is really the only thing AR brings when he's on the court.

AND MAKE NO MISTAKE... D'ant knows/feels/senses that his head is on the chopping block... Can you blame him for not enduring the trials and tribulations that come with allowing AR the freedom to learn on the job?

No way. So, hard to blame coach for benching AR. NYK are ten games above .500 since that move.

Why can't Knicks be a better team with Randolph?

Don't we need more rebounding? Presence in the post? We can never have enough help defense. Plus Randolph's 18 ppg per 36 would help this team more dynamically.

D'Antoni is a professional. He knows more than me and you and isn't playing Randolph for a reason. But theres not that much logic behind it when you consider Randolph's talent, skill and ability put all together. You permit Randolph from taking jumpers and turn him into a Shawn Marion, and we got an extremely efficient player, possible the 2nd most efficient player on this team behind Amar'e if he's put in that position and is controlled.

We need a live and active rebounder out there. Randolph is that guy.

Knicks winning games doesn't have to do with Randolph not playing. It more has to do with the incredible play of our core players.

Again, everyone is missing the big picture. Sure, AR is talented and has a tremendous amount of potential, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. The issue is that we are no longer rebuilding but actually have a squad capable of competing with stars currently in their prime. This is not 2 years ago when we could let a player be baptized by fire by throwing him playing time and allowing him to learn from his mistakes. We are fighting for the 5th seed and need to play the best possible players, players ready NOW to ball and to contribute. Now is not the time to be developing anyone...now is the time to compete!

Further, we are not just going to trade AR without a reason. If and when he is traded it will be for an impact player that helps us take one more step towards being title contenders. If thats Melo, great! If it's another player that fills a need and is ready now to ball that is also good. The point is that we only pull the trigger because it makes our team better.

So sure, AR may end up being a star in 2-3 years and we may wish he were playing for the Knicks but that is a gamble and there is no need to wait when we are poised right now for a run. (especially if we get Melo or fill needs at center and spot up shooter)

The big picture you talking isn't really that big.
Randolph is ready to contribute now. He's a legit and productive player when given the minutes. I'm not talking about 10 minutes, but 30 minutes, and I gurantee you you'll get 13 points 10 + rebounds and 2 blocks. Camby status. How can you not be happy with that?

And Knicks are still rebuilding in a way. Its not like we been a winning team for 5 years.

We just been .500 teams for 2-3 months and all of a sudden we're not rebuilding no more? Thats just not fair. This team has a lot of room for growth and development, the book is not closed yet and we can't give up on our most talented players who could be something special in a year or two.

So I don't buy that we're done rebuilding and we're only concern about the present. Investing in the future will benefit us much more, especially with our squad, EVERYONE IS YOUNG and will be here for atleast 5-7 years...most of this decade atleast if there are no trades. So our future > trying to win a championship now, which the possibility of that are extremely low.

So now its the time and develop.

And whats wrong with development? Isn't that enhancing this roster and investing? It'll only help us compete more and make this team better overall.

Lets stop being against development, change and overall improvement of our players and quick looking for quick fixes. We got to rid ourselves of this Isiah Thomas mentality and look into the future with something NEW and beneficial to our orange and blue squad.

Wow, your really going to waste everybody's time with this. Amazing how the guy who coined the term "Isiahsexual" is now a full blown "Cocklover", ARsexual and Darkosexual.

Hey numbnutted one. If you would remember the facts Darko Milicic went on record saying he played horribly and gave Walsh and D'antoni no choice but to let him walk. The fact he decided to recommit himself and turn his career around in Minnesota is not Donnie's fault. And last I checked Minnesota is not a great team despite having Darko having Kevin Love and Michael Beasley to Flank him.

Randolph is basically Balkman, Jordan Hill. He got the talent but no freaking brain, when are you going to get this through your thick head. Your stupidity is contagious.... Mad homers and know-nothings take a liking to these irresponsible comments of yours and take what you say seriously, Its like Fox News or something No facts all bias. This thread is a joke, your a joke and slowly this forum is becoming a joke.

Its almost like your desperate to find a diamond in the rough before anybody else so you can claim credit later for it. Everybody is entitled to dream or hope but you keep trying to find the next all-star or improved player and 90% your prediction falls flat. But when you miraculously hit your viewed as some kind of visionary.. wtf???!!! If you had your way our starting five would be Carlos Arroyo, Gallo, Balkman, Ransoft and Darko. YOUR A F***ing JOKE KID!

Can you possibly post in a different forum?? Can Team Starbury just get the f*** outta this forum and start their own. Where they can discuss topics such as "Who is the 2nd greatest point guard after Stephon Marbury?" or "Is Gallo the greatest shooter ever?"

Metro and company (you losers know who you are) need to sit at the kiddie table and quit wasting adults time.

Shut up. You're one of the biggest morons and haters on this site.
You deserve no respect from no one, and I don't know why you invest 90% of your daily activity/energy on me when I don't have time to play with your punk fat ass. Not only you lack knowledge and sense, its a turnoff to reply to you because all you hate on the playa. If my swag f*cks you up so much, put me on the ignore list. You seem to have a crush on me. Hop off it. Gracias.

Darko found his spot in Minnesota. Maybe the coaching staff in NYC didn't do a good job with Darko? Who knows, we don't really have any good sources except articles that are mostly made up for rumors and views. Environment plays a big role in how well you preform. If you didn't know that, go buy a book on Sports Psychology and come back to forum not presenting yourself as a profound retarded imbecile.

Balkman and Jordan Hill are good players. Defense, energy, rebounding? Balkman, Randolph, and Hill are all different in their own way though, and I doubt you can see that since you lack basketball IQ. Randolph is a Marcus Camby clone with more explosive offense. Balkman is Stacey Augmon with rebounding. Jordan Hill reminds me of someone but i cant put my finger on it.

You seem really upset at my track record which is what I'm known for. I don't care. I love the NBA and I love covering it, its my hobby. I spent a lot time investing my mind into this league since I was 12. I'm 22 now and I can say I got a good grip on it and I'm pretty creditable. I wouldn't say that if I wasn't. If I had a starting 5 it would be

Chris Paul
Landy Fields
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
STAT

6th man
Wilson Chandler

Back up guard
Francisco Garcia or Rudy Fernandez
Back up PG
Barea or Eric Maynor
Back up big men - Turiaf and DeJuan Blair
Back up SF - Renaldo Balkman

No I won't post in a different forum. You're a shit poster that no body knows about unless your reply to me. I think I've done my work here and help build this forum into what it is. A passionate dedicated knowledge Knicks forum that isn't afraid to debate or challenge anyone. Thats what I want, and my views despite a lot of people don't agree with, it creates activity on this forum. You can't deny that and say theres anything wrong with that. The only bad thing is when I get mindless moronic haters like you who lower the quality of the forum. Trust me fatboy, you leave this site; you won't be remembered not one bit.

skisloper

Starter
Balkman is a good player....Its wonder why he gets DNP for the past two seasons sitting on Denver's bench.

Dude u are way too high on Randolph. U base all u say on speculation.

The knicks are a winning tea, when will you ever just sitback and say "Wow we are one of the top 6 teams in the East....shit D'Antonio must know what he is doing "

whine whine whine......

I guess if you took over an NBA franchise u could have Balkman, Darko and Randolhp as 3 of your players.

skisloper

Starter
10 minutes means nothing.

Anthony Randolph is an 18 ppg 11 rebound per game with 2 blocks per game kind of talent if given 30+ minutes. Despite his shot selection, he's going to give you rebounds and blocks, and he can score regardless. Randolph won't kill this team with his mistakes, the more minutes he gets the less those mistakes will occur with the experience he gains. Randolph won't improve if he doesn't play, its simple. Letting a talent die on the bench is just foolish and a bad move by this franchise.

Darko isn't a bust.
He's an NBA starter and one of the best shot blockers in the NBA.
Not every draft pick is going to have a career like Wade and LeBron and its unfair to compare Darko to those guys because Wade and LeBron can be classified as top 3-5 players in this DECADE alone. How many top 3-5 DECADE players do you get in one draft? Darko had his bumps in the past, but now he found a home in Minnesota and has played good for them. Think of Theo Ratcliff. He's never been an all star type player but can always contribute to a team. Why are people so ignorant and label everyone who doesn't average superstar numebers a bust? Not being a superstar isn't a bad thing. If this league was filled with superstars, who would do all the dirty work? It'll be a prima dona league. Anyway.

Trading Randolph before Douglas just shows how much you know about basketball and which why you'll be the last person on this planet next to welcometothecity to be qualfiied for a General Manager position.

Randolph is easily the best rebounder and shot blocker on this team. Letting him go before a streaky combo guard is just madness.

Why can't Knicks be a better team with Randolph?

Don't we need more rebounding? Presence in the post? We can never have enough help defense. Plus Randolph's 18 ppg per 36 would help this team more dynamically.

D'Antoni is a professional. He knows more than me and you and isn't playing Randolph for a reason. But theres not that much logic behind it when you consider Randolph's talent, skill and ability put all together. You permit Randolph from taking jumpers and turn him into a Shawn Marion, and we got an extremely efficient player, possible the 2nd most efficient player on this team behind Amar'e if he's put in that position and is controlled.

We need a live and active rebounder out there. Randolph is that guy.

Knicks winning games doesn't have to do with Randolph not playing. It more has to do with the incredible play of our core players.

The big picture you talking isn't really that big.
Randolph is ready to contribute now. He's a legit and productive player when given the minutes. I'm not talking about 10 minutes, but 30 minutes, and I gurantee you you'll get 13 points 10 + rebounds and 2 blocks. Camby status. How can you not be happy with that?

And Knicks are still rebuilding in a way. Its not like we been a winning team for 5 years.

We just been .500 teams for 2-3 months and all of a sudden we're not rebuilding no more? Thats just not fair. This team has a lot of room for growth and development, the book is not closed yet and we can't give up on our most talented players who could be something special in a year or two.

So I don't buy that we're done rebuilding and we're only concern about the present. Investing in the future will benefit us much more, especially with our squad, EVERYONE IS YOUNG and will be here for atleast 5-7 years...most of this decade atleast if there are no trades. So our future > trying to win a championship now, which the possibility of that are extremely low.

So now its the time and develop.

And whats wrong with development? Isn't that enhancing this roster and investing? It'll only help us compete more and make this team better overall.

Lets stop being against development, change and overall improvement of our players and quick looking for quick fixes. We got to rid ourselves of this Isiah Thomas mentality and look into the future with something NEW and beneficial to our orange and blue squad.

Shut up. You're one of the biggest morons and haters on this site.
You deserve no respect from no one, and I don't know why you invest 90% of your daily activity/energy on me when I don't have time to play with your punk fat ass. Not only you lack knowledge and sense, its a turnoff to reply to you because all you hate on the playa. If my swag f*cks you up so much, put me on the ignore list. You seem to have a crush on me. Hop off it. Gracias.

Darko found his spot in Minnesota. Maybe the coaching staff in NYC didn't do a good job with Darko? Who knows, we don't really have any good sources except articles that are mostly made up for rumors and views. Environment plays a big role in how well you preform. If you didn't know that, go buy a book on Sports Psychology and come back to forum not presenting yourself as a profound retarded imbecile.

Balkman and Jordan Hill are good players. Defense, energy, rebounding? Balkman, Randolph, and Hill are all different in their own way though, and I doubt you can see that since you lack basketball IQ. Randolph is a Marcus Camby clone with more explosive offense. Balkman is Stacey Augmon with rebounding. Jordan Hill reminds me of someone but i cant put my finger on it.

You seem really upset at my track record which is what I'm known for. I don't care. I love the NBA and I love covering it, its my hobby. I spent a lot time investing my mind into this league since I was 12. I'm 22 now and I can say I got a good grip on it and I'm pretty creditable. I wouldn't say that if I wasn't. If I had a starting 5 it would be

Chris Paul
Landy Fields
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
STAT

6th man
Wilson Chandler

Back up guard
Francisco Garcia or Rudy Fernandez
Back up PG
Barea or Eric Maynor
Back up big men - Turiaf and DeJuan Blair
Back up SF - Renaldo Balkman

No I won't post in a different forum. You're a shit poster that no body knows about unless your reply to me. I think I've done my work here and help build this forum into what it is. A passionate dedicated knowledge Knicks forum that isn't afraid to debate or challenge anyone. Thats what I want, and my views despite a lot of people don't agree with, it creates activity on this forum. You can't deny that and say theres anything wrong with that. The only bad thing is when I get mindless moronic haters like you who lower the quality of the forum. Trust me fatboy, you leave this site; you won't be remembered not one bit.

You should leave your name and number so Donnie Walsh could call you as his replacement

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Balkman is a good player....Its wonder why he gets DNP for the past two seasons sitting on Denver's bench.

The knicks are a winning tea, when will you ever just sitback and say "Wow we are one of the top 6 teams in the East....shit D'Antonio must know what he is doing "

whine whine whine......

I guess if you took over an NBA franchise u could have Balkman, Darko and Randolhp as 3 of your players.
lmfao .

metrocard

Legend

whine whine whine......

Knicks are a winning tea? How does Amare taste? You homosexual bafoon.

I'm not blaming D'Antoni, but you gotta be a blind idiot to think benching Randolph is a good investment. I honestly see us better than a top 6 team if we did play Randolph.

skisloper

Starter

I'm not blaming D'Antoni, but you gotta be a blind idiot to think benching Randolph is a good investment. I honestly see us better than a top 6 team if we did play Randolph.

Sorry for the rushed spelling...

Better then a top 6 team....so why is every team not knocking our door down for Randolph ? Are u that much smarter then all in the NBA ?

metrocard

Legend
Sorry for the rushed spelling...

Better then a top 6 team....so why is every team not knocking our door down for Randolph ? Are u that much smarter then all in the NBA ?

Don't you see Minnesota has been tracking down Randolph?

It doesn't really matter if teams are asking for Randolph or not.

What matters if that if we play him or not.

We could be a much better team and won some close games if we had an extra rebounder out there and Randolph is exactly that guy.

Why are you so intimidated by me? Just talk about basketball and stop being so concerned and stressed with my applying to a job in the NBA, I guess you think I'm that good, silly one.

skisloper

Starter

BTW....if we trade to the Timberwolves for a first round pick and that helps us secure Carmelo or a big man would you not opt for this ?

Or is it safe to say Randolph is your guy...

skisloper

Starter

We could be a much better team and won some close games if we had an extra rebounder out there and Randolph is exactly that guy.

Why are you so intimidated by me? Just talk about basketball and stop being so concerned and stressed with my applying to a job in the NBA, I guess you think I'm that good, silly one.

why is he that guy ? I guess again because you know more then our coach...

Minny is tracking him ? the same genious team that gave Darko a huge contract!!!! come on

welcometonycity

Rotation player
BTW....if we trade to the Timberwolves for a first round pick and that helps us secure Carmelo or a big man would you not opt for this ?

Or is it safe to say Randolph is your guy...

this keyboard warrior is infatuated with randolph and talking about d*ck around the mouth smh. u gotta understand these things bra.

skisloper

Starter

its cute its like talking to a 10 year old about basketball...maybe we should get jordan

metrocard

Legend
why is he that guy ? I guess again because you know more then our coach...

Minny is tracking him ? the same genious team that gave Darko a huge contract!!!! come on

Why? Because he averages 11+ rebounds per 36 minutes you idiot.

and alot of people get huge contracts in the NBA, thats the business of the NBA...everyone is overpaid, get over it.

What I dont understand is how D'antoni gave Mozgov all those chances to play, and he played crappy, yet he yanked Randolph way quicker. Randolph is lights out better than Mozgov, and he gets no shot. I mean, I guess as a coach you have to stick to your guns... But it is weird he would rather see us get killed on the boards and inside, when he has a good rebounder and shot blocker on his bench.

So long as we get someone eventually, I don't care. But can't help but be pissed when I see us getting murked inside, and Randolph, Mozgov and curry just sittin there.

metrocard

Legend
BALKMAN ?????

TOO FUNNY...U MUST HAVE AN XBOX TEAM....

GOD BLESS

A high-energy contributor off the bench.

Why you mad?

You a fat dude sitting in your underwear hating....Balkman is making cash and enjoy his life.

He's horrible offensively of course, but his offensive rebounding/defense is elite at the SF position. No doubt.