Question about the Knicks from the early 1970s

joyceface

Rookie
I apologize that I don't know much about the team other than watching on tv as a little kid back in the 70s. I remember rooting for Dave Debusschere if that gives you any idea! I have two photo sheets that show the team members from the early 70s which are signed. My husband passed away and these were his from when he was a little boy. His father was a lithographer that worked on the team program book or something.

Can someone tell me anything about the team with these members and if you know what year it was?

Thanks!

Attachments

• NYKnicks1.jpg
    NYKnicks1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 15
  • NYKnicks2.jpg
    NYKnicks2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13

tiger0330

Legend
It's the 1971-1972 NY Knicks, looks like the team picture in 2 photos. The greatest era in Knicks history when we won 2 NBA championships, the Knicks went to the NBA finals that year but lost to the LA Lakers. We won our last championship the following year and have spent over 30 years trying to recapture those glory years.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
The top pic seems to be 1970-1971 knicks and the bottom is 1971-1972 knicks,but I could be wrong.That could be worth some serious money,maybe.

joyceface

Rookie
The top pic seems to be 1970-1971 knicks and the bottom is 1971-1972 knicks,but I could be wrong.That could be worth some serious money,maybe.

Well that would be nice for sure. I recognized some famous names (from back then) like Bill Bradley and Walt Frazier but I didn't know if people still cared about them. I have two girls and we don't watch sports! But I always enjoy something that has a sense of history. Kinda neat.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well that would be nice for sure. I recognized some famous names (from back then) like Bill Bradley and Walt Frazier but I didn't know if people still cared about them. I have two girls and we don't watch sports! But I always enjoy something that has a sense of history. Kinda neat.
Oh we care those Knicks haha.

Frazier is the best color commentator in the league.

joyceface

Rookie
Oh we care those Knicks haha.

Frazier is the best color commentator in the league.

It seems sometimes nowadays that people are not interested in anything/anybody that's "old". Like my kids don't want to know about any music that is over a year old. There's no appreciation of what came before.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It seems sometimes nowadays that people are not interested in anything/anybody that's "old". Like my kids don't want to know about any music that is over a year old. There's no appreciation of what came before.

I'm 22 and my favorite era of music is the 50s-early 60s. There's still some of us left!