Starburys's running the Point (Stephon & Zech)

Jhad66

Rookie
Stephon & Zech (pronounced Zack) Marbury are both capeable of taking the Knicks PG position to another level. If Zech makes the team then the Knicks games will feel like Stephon is on the court the whole game. Listed at 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds, Zech is an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier than Stephon. “I think he’s a little bit better passer than me. As far as agility and speed and quickness and shooting the jumper and getting to the basket, it’s pretty much the same thing,” says Zech about his older brother. “That’s why I’ve learned from him all my life. That’s what I was raised on. It’s like the Barry brothers. They were all raised learning how to shoot, to be great shooters. That’s due to their father (Hall of Famer Rick Barry). Three years younger than Stephon, 24-year old Zech owns one of the most varied resumes on the Knicks’ summer squad. . .along with the most familiar name. Following two years at Rhode Island - during which he averaged 16.3 ppg and 3.0 apg and earned Atlantic 10 All-Rookie honors in 2000 - Zech was an early entry candidate in the 2001 NBA Draft. Amid an early entry class that included Tyson Chandler, Gilbert Arenas, Kwame Brown, Eddy Curry, Jason Collins, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy, Zech went undrafted. That began a three-year pro odyssey that has included stops with John Starks’ Westchester Wildfire of the USBL, and the New Jersey Squires of the new ABA.

What do you feel about the twin Starbury's running the point?

jayp

Benchwarmer
it would be great to see them on the same team.. problem is Zech hasnt been getting any burn in the summer league.. he probably has a small chance of making the team.. im still rooting for him though :)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
hes not going to evan make the team and if he does he wont get burn cause either crawford or williams will be on the bench and zach aint better than either player

dacash

Benchwarmer
considering that all the trade talks mention norris and williams going,maybe the marbury bros would be good.in the summer leage though barret has been playing a little better{though not much} than zech.both arent really contributing much. so far itsbeen the sweetney show.

Jhad66

Rookie
Look Frank Williams has nothing on Zech Murbury, he's just as good as Stephon. The reason you aint seen hime is because he wasn't himself, coming the bench for someone that sucks messes you up mentaly. I can't see how anyone can question the skills of Zech, his game is the most experienced of all the point guards on the Knicks roster. Zech realy didn't play the first summer leauge game and he played bad the second game. The third game he played a little more and he did better. That same night Zech had a long talk with Wilkens and went out and scored 10 points the next game. Barret played for like 60 min total in 4 games and only scored 8pts. Zech played like 28 min in 4 games and scored 12 points, 10 in one game. If your a true New York fan then you know Madison Square Garden is the hardest arena to play in, but there is another court that's harder to play on than MSG, THE RUCKER in the Heart of Harlem. You think Barret or Williams can play there, hell no. True NBA Ballers play there, players like the Marbury bothers who's on the Terror Squad Team at the Rucker along with Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, and Kareem "Best Kept Secret" Reid(Grizzlies' Summer Squad). Oh yeah if we get Crawford he's not going to be on the bench, Houston is. Crawford will start at SG.

jayp

Benchwarmer
the knicks are looking to trade FWill and Norris.. it might not be a bad idea to sign him.. this would also fill more seats in the Garden because of the Marburys.. its a long shot but i dont mind it happening, ive read that Zech can score as well as his bro but Steph is the better passer..

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
If the deal for Crawford goes down most likely both Frank and Norris would go with it, so I think signing Zech would be a GREAT idea. Plus I think I figured out why Isiah has/wants to include Moochie in the deal. He wants to clear enough room to sign Baker and Ariza. Anyways thats just a thought.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
jhad66 r u retarded, u fuking dumbass if we get crawford hes gonna be playing at sf but theyre basically gonna run a 3 guard offense so crawford will be like a swingman....... as far as zech goes sign him and c what happens

WiL8000

Rotation player
pbjb14 said:
jhad66 r u retarded, u fuking dumbass if we get crawford hes gonna be playing at sf but theyre basically gonna run a 3 guard offense so crawford will be like a swingman....... as far as zech goes sign him and c what happens
Yo, read the rules for the forum. Stop cursing up in these forums!! Take it to the beefs.

Martine

Rookie
Go ZACH!!

Zach definitely has what it takes to make it to the Knicks. Not just because he's Stephon's brother, but because he's a great player. He's improved significantly since our days back at Lincoln High.
AIM: Martine411

Even is Zech is as good as Marbury, he wouldn't help the team. If Zech was like AI, then it would help the Knicks, but if not it means nothing. Stephon is a great point guard but he isn't the same as he was before. The scoring Marbury is what the Knicks need to win. Marbury needs to improve his speed and penetration to the level of Iverson's th get anywhere. I have watched the past couple of 76ers and Knicks games, and Allen has a smoother dribble and is a better slasher. Marbury is a average shooter, which if you are a point guard, you must be good at. So in that case Zech would not help at all unless he is better.

IVERSON's3>Marbury's said:
Even is Zech is as good as Marbury, he wouldn't help the team. If Zech was like AI, then it would help the Knicks, but if not it means nothing. Stephon is a great point guard but he isn't the same as he was before. The scoring Marbury is what the Knicks need to win. Marbury needs to improve his speed and penetration to the level of Iverson's th get anywhere. I have watched the past couple of 76ers and Knicks games, and Allen has a smoother dribble and is a better slasher. Marbury is a average shooter, which if you are a point guard, you must be good at. So in that case Zech would not help at all unless he is better.

Do you know anything about basketball??????????Plus whoever started this post back up needs a late pass. This is WAYYYYY to late.

I was talking to the guy who waited 6 months inbetween July and January to start this post back up again. Know what you talking about before you come at somebody. Plus this is a waste of time and I hope gets earased from these message boards. We need to talk more about the knicks and less about each other.
MY FAULT

Edited!
If you're here to start a flame, move along. We follow some rules here