Bandwagon Knick fans

elcol

Rotation player
ofc there are the bandwagoners but you can only expect revitalized fans coming here after the knicks have improved so much

Chitown Kid

Banned
ofc there are the bandwagoners but you can only expect revitalized fans coming here after the knicks have improved so much

Knicks haven't played anybody lately.

Including tonight, Knicks will go 1-7 in their next 8 games. :update:

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
How long have you been a fan?

After the golden years. I was too young to understand the 90's. I just remember 1999 and following this team extremely hardcore with such notorious Knicks such as Eisley, Postell, Demarr Johnson, Vin Baker, the two headed monster in Weatherspoon-Harrington. Epic centers from Camby to Kurt Thomas to Mutumbo to to Nazr to the legend that is Eddy Curry. The God, Keith Van Horn. The 3 day hype in Frank Williams. Crawful to Francis to Jalen Rose. Last but not less, Mo Taylor.

You're so ghey sometimes Metro..

Feeling insecure about your bandwagonness? Or your babydick?

Relax dude.

miked1958

Rotation player
Bandwagon fan?????

Notice the large influx of new members?

Been a Knick fan since 60s. Was at the Garden for alot of the Big Games with Willis, Walt, Dave, Bill, Earl the Pearl. Seen it all. I dont have the time to post alot due to work constraints. I do however like to come on and read up on the knicks and see what type comments you guys make. That doesnt make me a bandwagon fan.

don't sweat all the "bandwagon" talk old timer. some people just believe they are more of a fan then anyone else. im a knick fan from all the way in kansas city and have never been to new york in my life. i wish someone would call me a bandwagon fan...lol

metrocard

Legend
Been a Knick fan since 60s. Was at the Garden for alot of the Big Games with Willis, Walt, Dave, Bill, Earl the Pearl. Seen it all. I dont have the time to post alot due to work constraints. I do however like to come on and read up on the knicks and see what type comments you guys make. That doesnt make me a bandwagon fan.

:beer:
:smokin:
:gony:

Welcome to the forums.

Yea I remember all those players. Been rooting for the Knicks since the early 70's. Some lessor known players on those teams were Dean "THE DREAM" Meminger, Dick Barnett and Jerry Lucas. All excellent players for the Knicks. I didnt even know this board existed. Found it by luck while keeping up with the off season we just had. I felt kinda welcomed until this thread.

metrocard

Legend
Yea I remember all those players. Been rooting for the Knicks since the early 70's. Some lessor known players on those teams were Dean "THE DREAM" Meminger, Dick Barnett and Jerry Lucas. All excellent players for the Knicks. I didnt even know this board existed. Found it by luck while keeping up with the off season we just had. I felt kinda welcomed until this thread.

You're more than welcomed.
Don't be so sensitive folks!
Jeeeeez

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Don't worry about it, dude. There's always gonna be new members who are true Knicks fans here. Bandwagon fans would make themselves obvious.

miked1958

Rotation player
Thanks!

I can remember having to watch the Knicks when i was 5, 6, 7 ,8. My dad made me, even though i wanted to go out and play with my friends. Then 1969 happened and i was 11 and HOOKED. I was watching that night when Willis came onto the floor and hit those first 2 shots. not sure how many guys on here like me were able to enjoy those Championship Teams. AWESOME is all I can say. I listened to alot of those games on the Radio. Sometimes the channel would not come in clear. WOR 9. (Way before MSG, Guys)
Anyway I remember going to Boston Garden and seeing the Knicks win on that Parkay floor. WHAT DOES PAUL PIERCE MEAN, ITs not a Rivalry. there was no other Rivalry like back then. yes we have not been on their level for 10 plus years. But i saw the battle going back to Russells teams and saw in person several times when we played bird, mckale, parrish.

Guys I want to PHILLY several times and saw them play the sixers with DR. J.

So, Am i excited about this years team Hel----- yea. So, i think we should keep this Chemistry we have going. This team is gelling very nice together and to take it apart now and give up 3-4 good players and draft picks to get melo would be taking a step back. Besides, even if he goes to another team this year, he has already said that the ONLY team he will sign and EXT with is US. So lets sit back and see how far this current verision takes us and then in the offseason go out and sign him without giving up anything.
We came within in an EYELASH of beating a 19-4 Celts team tonight and I am good with that. I was really upset and down in the dumps after we lost seeing we had the lead since they were up 7-5 early. But after dust settled I realized this was a huge STEP in right direction. I mean come on Amare came with 100ths of a second of being the only player in NBA history to have 9 games in a row with at least 30ppg while having his team win all 9 of them. 3 others did it 8times. We are doing things NONE of us ever dreamed of when this team was put together. ROAD WARRIORS....YES SIR. WINNING STREAKS ... HECK YEA. LETs keep it going. GO KNICKS>>>>>

Oh if anyof you want stories. I got stories.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I can remember having to watch the Knicks when i was 5, 6, 7 ,8. My dad made me, even though i wanted to go out and play with my friends. Then 1969 happened and i was 11 and HOOKED. I was watching that night when Willis came onto the floor and hit those first 2 shots. not sure how many guys on here like me were able to enjoy those Championship Teams. AWESOME is all I can say. I listened to alot of those games on the Radio. Sometimes the channel would not come in clear. WOR 9. (Way before MSG, Guys)
Anyway I remember going to Boston Garden and seeing the Knicks win on that Parkay floor. WHAT DOES PAUL PIERCE MEAN, ITs not a Rivalry. there was no other Rivalry like back then. yes we have not been on their level for 10 plus years. But i saw the battle going back to Russells teams and saw in person several times when we played bird, mckale, parrish.

Guys I want to PHILLY several times and saw them play the sixers with DR. J.

So, Am i excited about this years team Hel----- yea. So, i think we should keep this Chemistry we have going. This team is gelling very nice together and to take it apart now and give up 3-4 good players and draft picks to get melo would be taking a step back. Besides, even if he goes to another team this year, he has already said that the ONLY team he will sign and EXT with is US. So lets sit back and see how far this current verision takes us and then in the offseason go out and sign him without giving up anything.
We came within in an EYELASH of beating a 19-4 Celts team tonight and I am good with that. I was really upset and down in the dumps after we lost seeing we had the lead since they were up 7-5 early. But after dust settled I realized this was a huge STEP in right direction. I mean come on Amare came with 100ths of a second of being the only player in NBA history to have 9 games in a row with at least 30ppg while having his team win all 9 of them. 3 others did it 8times. We are doing things NONE of us ever dreamed of when this team was put together. ROAD WARRIORS....YES SIR. WINNING STREAKS ... HECK YEA. LETs keep it going. GO KNICKS>>>>>

Oh if anyof you want stories. I got stories.
I'm up for stories.

Question for you. My dad has been a fan since the beginning in '46. He remembers the championship Knicks coming back from 18 down with 5 minutes left against the Bucks. He remembers the game and the commentary, but he thought it was against the Hawks. Did they have a similar game against the Hawks around that time?

miked1958

Rotation player
Heres one. Prob regret it now. But here goes. I want to Boston to see a game. I get on an elevator at the Hotel we stayed at.. Who gets on. Larry Bird, Kevin McKale, Robert Parrish, Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton. I am in there and with my friend (he got autographs) and they look at us, we look at them, they say you guys want SIGs. he says yes. I say, NO WAY ---- I AM A NY KNICKS FAN..... And get ready to get hammered tonight. Smiling as i walk off the elevator. Sure enough we lost by 25....