Bandwagon Knick fans

miked1958

Rotation player
No the one i remember was against the Bucks, down 18 and we scored the last 19 or 20 to win it. Earl the Pearl was the Key. I still have an old SI in attick that has a play by play breakdown of that comeback.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Heres one. Prob regret it now. But here goes. I want to Boston to see a game. I get on an elevator at the Hotel we stayed at.. Who gets on. Larry Bird, Kevin McKale, Robert Parrish, Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton. I am in there and with my friend (he got autographs) and they look at us, we look at them, they say you guys want SIGs. he says yes. I say, NO WAY ---- I AM A NY KNICKS FAN..... And get ready to get hammered tonight. Smiling as i walk off the elevator. Sure enough we lost by 25....

hahaha

Glad you represented.

I can remember having to watch the Knicks when i was 5, 6, 7 ,8. My dad made me, even though i wanted to go out and play with my friends. Then 1969 happened and i was 11 and HOOKED. I was watching that night when Willis came onto the floor and hit those first 2 shots. not sure how many guys on here like me were able to enjoy those Championship Teams. AWESOME is all I can say. I listened to alot of those games on the Radio. Sometimes the channel would not come in clear. WOR 9. (Way before MSG, Guys)
Anyway I remember going to Boston Garden and seeing the Knicks win on that Parkay floor. WHAT DOES PAUL PIERCE MEAN, ITs not a Rivalry. there was no other Rivalry like back then. yes we have not been on their level for 10 plus years. But i saw the battle going back to Russells teams and saw in person several times when we played bird, mckale, parrish.

Guys I want to PHILLY several times and saw them play the sixers with DR. J.

So, Am i excited about this years team Hel----- yea. So, i think we should keep this Chemistry we have going. This team is gelling very nice together and to take it apart now and give up 3-4 good players and draft picks to get melo would be taking a step back. Besides, even if he goes to another team this year, he has already said that the ONLY team he will sign and EXT with is US. So lets sit back and see how far this current verision takes us and then in the offseason go out and sign him without giving up anything.
We came within in an EYELASH of beating a 19-4 Celts team tonight and I am good with that. I was really upset and down in the dumps after we lost seeing we had the lead since they were up 7-5 early. But after dust settled I realized this was a huge STEP in right direction. I mean come on Amare came with 100ths of a second of being the only player in NBA history to have 9 games in a row with at least 30ppg while having his team win all 9 of them. 3 others did it 8times. We are doing things NONE of us ever dreamed of when this team was put together. ROAD WARRIORS....YES SIR. WINNING STREAKS ... HECK YEA. LETs keep it going. GO KNICKS>>>>>

Oh if anyof you want stories. I got stories.

Stories? Dude I remember the first time I smoked weed. tried to watch the Knicks on like a 4 inch black and white TV. The big TV broke. Almost went blind. LOL. WOR channel was the ticket. Pistol Pete scored a double nickel on Knicks (coulda been 44). Almost broke Clydes ankles on one move. Needless to say I practiced that move until I got it. Ah the good old days. Every team back then had 2-3 great players...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Feeling insecure about your bandwagonness? Or your babydick?

Relax dude.

I'm relaxed. I just think what your doing is stupid. Why differentiate between fans? Why seperate? It's dumb to me.

If your a fan you're a fan, no matter when you joined the forum, or when you started to like the Knicks, or why?

I look at it like whom am I to judge why someone likes a certain team or not.. thas just me tho.

Carry on..

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm relaxed. I just think what your doing is stupid. Why differentiate between fans? Why seperate? It's dumb to me.

If your a fan you're a fan, no matter when you joined the forum, or when you started to like the Knicks, or why?

I look at it like whom am I to judge why someone likes a certain team or not.. thas just me tho.

Carry on..

I agree if you're a fan you're a fan; you just gotta be a good one. And every fan starts somewhere...And you can join and be a multi-decade seasoned diehard. Who knows.

But my hide gets real chapped when "bandwagon" or reactionary types start coming on talking like damn fools, or swing from the nuts of players back n forth.

So weak, but whatev, it's meaningless and most drop like flies anyways.

I can be corrected, but this forum and most regs all came about n went through the absolute worst of Knicks' times.

It's like a more hardened niche to have been born as a Knick fan and survived through that period. And to now be coming around full circle and starting to see glory being born; it gets spoiled a bit and besmirched if you get surrounded by bangwagoners or ppl oblivious to the Dark Age of Knick basketball, who then front.

I have nada against new fans tho or even casual fans, tho, and whatever at the end of the day either way. But you want to keep the forum breeding out quality posters and maintain the chiseled atmosphere, IMO.

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
Front runners make me sick. If you weren't with us during the bad times, why would we want you for the good times? We had to deal with the Mike Sweetneys and Eddy Currys we deserve this. The real fans all deserve this!

You should see the bandwangoners on Facebook in the NYC area. My "friends" all disgust me. Haha

Last edited:

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Notice the large influx of new members?

iswareimcool.jpg

KBlack25

Starter
My first sports memory (not just hoops, but watching professional sports) was watching Charles Smith get fouled 19000000 times in 1993.

Yeah alot of new members are joining but thats a good thing. and we have all been here for so long after awhile we know who are the true knicks fans and who are the bandwagoners.

KingCharles34

All Star
We're not lookin for Gallo fans or Amare fans, Knicks fans only right here :gony:

Been a fan since 94 when i was 7 years old, i remember watching the playoffs and I remember OJ Simpson gettin chased by pigs in his Bronco

We're not lookin for Gallo fans or Amare fans, Knicks fans only right here :gony:

Been a fan since 94 when i was 7 years old, i remember watching the playoffs and I remember OJ Simpson gettin chased by pigs in his Bronco
LOL we have like 20 of those already! LOL

Mostly people from Italy who think him and Bargnani are the next LeBron and Kobe.

Starks

Starter
I call this the "Yankee effect" Anything that becomes fashionable, people want to join in on the part. Makes me sick

p0nder

Starter
I'm kinda glad that Knicks are getting repped again. I mean it's good for the kids to have Amar'e and Gallo and Felton to emulate and look up to. I know i want my kid growing up a Knick fan, she's not a bandwagoner, she just happened to be born at the right time and will get to watch a knicks team that will be good for years to come.

I'd hate for people to think of me as a bandwagoner just because i started being a knicks fan back in 1992, as a 7 year old, with Ewing dominating the post and being the best passing big man ever. Watching him battle with MJ was classic.