ABCD will become theGOAT33 at the start of the 2011-2012 season!

Which name do you like better?

• ABCD

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • theGOAT33

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theGOAT33

Rookie
I'm just announcing it so that when you see theGOAT33, you all know who it is.

The name stands for "the Greatest of all time."

The number is in honor of the Knicks' G.O.A.T. Patrick Ewing & Starbury when he was a Net.
ewing1.JPG

610x.jpg

Ewing: 3x Eastern Conference Champion[1994, 1999, 2009].

t1_marbury2.jpg

3x All Star[2001, 2003, 2010]

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like the move. ABCD will have his jersey retired, get inducted into the KO hall of fame, and theGOAT33 will continue to his legacy.

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

This thread belongs on top of every KO section .. its perfect

KingCharles34

All Star
I like both names but theGOAT33 is great, i agree with what u said....I actually think Starbury and Ewing were the two greatest players to ever wear number 33

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I like the move. ABCD will have his jersey retired, get inducted into the KO hall of fame, and theGOAT33 will continue to his legacy.

Did you just respond if you were another person, if so that's pretty funny. I like theGOAT33 better.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
both are great but i like theGOAT33 better. but dude long as you keep posting bruh, you bring the truth all the time bro.

KingCharles34

All Star
Larry Bird has a bone to pick with you.

lol I was waitin for this

*Thinks of a way to get myself outta this*

All those old players from the 80s played in a different, less physical and athletic era

All the 80's stars would be role players at best if they played now

Magic Johnson = Grant Hill (2010 hill)

Bird = Kapono

Barkley = Mbah a Moute

Jordan = Vince carter (2010 vince)

Moses Malone = Kurt thomas (not sure if hes still playin but he did last year)

Jame Worthy = D League Antoine Walker

Kevin Mchale = Timofey Mozgov

KBlack25

Starter

All those old players from the 80s played in a different, less physical and athletic era

Bird = Kapono

Barkley = Mbah a Moute

I disagree with your assessments completely. Jordan = Vince Carter? Please...Carter jams his finger and he's out for a month. MJ had heart and determination beyond anything we can imagine, plus MJ played (and beat, to my detriment) against the roughest Knicks teams ever (Oakley and Mason smacking dudes around).

I disagree that the 80s were softer. In the day of hand checks (today), the league rules have changed to protect the scorer, they've added levels of flagrant fouling. To me, this league is MUCH softer (even if more athletic) than the one from the 90s and 80s.

And it's hard to compare athleticism, because in today's day and age we have weight training and exercise sciences beyond what we could have imagined in the 80s, when they barely even had gatorade. These talents, growing up now, would have gone to Nike Basketball Camp, been groomed since the 6th grade with strict training and diet regimes designed to boost their speed, ability and strength. So it's totally impossible to compare.

But I can't disagree more with your comparisons.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Bird = Kapono

Barkley = Mbah a Moute

This is some of the dumbest shat I've seen on KO! ALL OF THOSE GUYS ARE TOP 50 PLAYERS!!

KingCharles34

All Star
I disagree with your assessments completely. Jordan = Vince Carter? Please...Carter jams his finger and he's out for a month. MJ had heart and determination beyond anything we can imagine, plus MJ played (and beat, to my detriment) against the roughest Knicks teams ever (Oakley and Mason smacking dudes around).

I disagree that the 80s were softer. In the day of hand checks (today), the league rules have changed to protect the scorer, they've added levels of flagrant fouling. To me, this league is MUCH softer (even if more athletic) than the one from the 90s and 80s.

And it's hard to compare athleticism, because in today's day and age we have weight training and exercise sciences beyond what we could have imagined in the 80s, when they barely even had gatorade. These talents, growing up now, would have gone to Nike Basketball Camp, been groomed since the 6th grade with strict training and diet regimes designed to boost their speed, ability and strength. So it's totally impossible to compare.

But I can't disagree more with your comparisons.

just take a look at the role players from back then, those guys were scrubs

Jordan was still a chump, the refs carried that bum

Vince >> Mgay

Kevin Love >> anyone from the 80's

90's players were sorta softer too

This is some of the dumbest shat I've seen on KO! ALL OF THOSE GUYS ARE TOP 50 PLAYERS!!

In whose top 50? Most of the top 50 players all time are still in the nba

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Bird = Kapono

Barkley = Mbah a Moute

Can you Fedex me some of that sticky Northeast bud you are smoking? Thanks.

KBlack25

Starter
just take a look at the role players from back then, those guys were scrubs

Jordan was still a chump, the refs carried that bum

Vince >> Mgay

Kevin Love >> anyone from the 80's

90's players were sorta softer too

If that's your argument then isn't Patrick Ewing included on the list?

There is no way that the NBA today is more physical than the 90s or 80s, absolutely no way, you are factually wrong on this one...they have changed the rules to make the game LESS physical.