Loss in CLE shows Knicks are Frauds

mafra

Legend
Loss in CLE shows this team was a fraud.

People actually got excited b/c we went 1-2 at home instead of 0-3.

This team is nothing more than a 41 or so team. 1st round 4-1 loss.

That's it.

I'm not getting excited about that at all.

TRADE THEM ALL to get Carmelo.

Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Randolph. All of them.

Get ready for a 4-15 type stretch from this team. Brace yourself.

Chandler & Gallo are frauds. Douglas and Randolph shouldn't even be in the NBA.

WAS almost beats MIA. They should have, until refs awarded them 7 free throws in 17 seconds while ignoring two blatant fouls on WAS players.

Knicks are more like that 3-8 record then that amazing run they went on.

This loss is also a direct result of D'ant's foolish 7-8 man tight rotation.

It's almost unbelievable how this team always responds to success, with devasting fashion. How quickly they can evaporate hope and PUFF, there it all goes.

Raise your hand if you circled this game and absolutely knew it was a loss.

I had no doubt. After "dream" week... This had loss all over it.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Another night where defense is something they play in rugby. Another night where Gallo-Chandler simply shrink from standing up and actually carrying the team to a victory.

Call DEN.... trade everyone and anyone except Felton, STAT & Fields.

GALLO goes 1-10 from 3-point range! I want him traded so badly. So sick of this kid's act.

la2ny

Starter
lmfao this is gonna have hate all in this thread from metro an lj an those who wanna "develop" kids. I for one saw this coming just hoped last night wouldve been closer, so im not going to go off.

fire D'ant
trade for help

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're frauds, but we definitely need Melo. I've been saying that all along. We have a lot of wannabe GM types on here who love to pull names outta a hat and say that we can't trade Fields for Melo...but come on... You throw two legit, consistent players, that command a double team, on the same squad and you're heading in the right direction. Swear that all we need is a backup PG and a big center and swear we're a playoff team....well you're delusional.

mafra

Legend
lmfao this is gonna have hate all in this thread from metro an lj an those who wanna "develop" kids. I for one saw this coming just hoped last night wouldve been closer, so im not going to go off.

fire D'ant
trade for help

It's like the curse of those Ewing days are back. The days when we had no other viable options for a game winning shot, than to hand the ball to our 7-footer 18 feet away from the basket, and watch a fall-away low pct shot clank off the rim.

This is what D'ant designed?

Where's the creativity? Notice how MO WILLIAMS attacked the basket? We fall away.

This loss is good b/c it should prove to Walsh.... once and for all.... that if we wait on Melo we're going to be screwed. Gallo will never develop into anything beyond a JJ Redick type player. A bench player.

1-10 from the 3? I would sit him for a week now.

Chandler gets STATS but he's never there when the game matters most. He disappears too often.

I would gladly deal both of them to get Carmelo. Send Randolph packing too.

Fields is the only guy I would hesitate about dealing. As for the rest, I'm tired of watching you lose games. GOOD RIDDANCE.

mafra

Legend
I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're frauds, but we definitely need Melo. I've been saying that all along. We have a lot of wannabe GM types on here who love to pull names outta a hat and say that we can't trade Fields for Melo...but come on... You throw two legit, consistent players, that command a double team, on the same squad and you're heading in the right direction. Swear that all we need is a backup PG and a big center and swear we're a playoff team....well you're delusional.

I think this game and that home loss to PHI says everything about this group. PHI owned us recently and we allowed them to wipe us off our own court w/out a fight.

THEN, we take LJ off CLE. We add Amar'e and Felton. All we talked about for 2 years was that CLE was just as bad as NY, that if you had LJ switch teams then CLE would stink and NY would win 60 games. PLZ!

This game proves that lie.

We desperately needed this win, and they just humiliated this team.

WE ARE SNIFFING the 8th seed. If we're lucky. Then we get to watch the Knicks as they get swept in 4 blowouts.

PLZ.

Haven't we had enough of emotional weeks, morale victories, as the losses pile up?

45 wins would be the max.

Watch the next 20 games, and witness 4-16.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea man, that point about Gallo is true. I don't know why people think that a 6'10'' SF with ZERO BODY CONTROL is going to develop into an all-star. Notice what I said...body control, not athleticism. Dirk has pretty good body control, but he's not athletic, what the **** does Gallo end up doing when he "drives?" If it's not a clear path then get ready for a circus act.

Melo has superior body control to go along with excellent athleticism. Throw in everything else he has in his skill-set and you have a special player that comes around one or twice every decade.

GO. GET. THAT. MAN. NOW!!

mafra

Legend
Yea man, that point about Gallo is true. I don't know why people think that a 6'10'' SF with ZERO BODY CONTROL is going to develop into an all-star. Notice what I said...body control, not athleticism. Dirk has pretty good body control, but he's not athletic, what the **** does Gallo end up doing when he "drives?" If it's not a clear path then get ready for a circus act.

Melo has superior body control to go along with excellent athleticism. Throw in everything else he has in his skill-set and you have a special player that comes around one or twice every decade.

What did we get from Chandler and Gallo? On a night the Cavs did everything to take STAT away, and force those 2 wannabe clowns to be them?

They go 8-28 from the field. 3-16 from 3. 16 of their 28 shots come from their laziness to work for points. Ah, the Cavs are guarding us. Why work hard? Just shoot bombs. Clank.

They combine for 6 rebounds (1 on offense), 5 assists, 2 steals, 4 turnovers and 5 fouls.

A disgusting stat line.

Felton was good. 23, 11 and 7.

STAT was off again. But what can you do. He needs help. Felton came to play, but we had nothing else.

This is why Chandler-Gallo are frauds. This is the game you need them to lead. But they just aren't good enough to do that, and probably never will be.

S-Williams got the Knicks 12 points and 7 rebounds in 21 minutes.

Gallo (39 minutes) and Chandler (40 minutes) got us 20 points and 6 rebounds in 79 combined minutes.

It's all about FIRE. HEART. WILL. COMPETITIVENESS. Gallo and Chandler lack these traits and that is all you need to know. Imagine who much they would shrink when the playoffs arrive?

They fall apart under regular season pressure. Post season pressure would destroy them.

Gallo has the worst body control in the league. Omg its brutal to watch.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Gallo has the worst body control in the league. Omg its brutal to watch.

I like this post. It complements the thread perfectly.

People are starting to see what me and Kiyaman having been seeing.

Antoni sucks.

The Knicks would be 18-10, if they had a defensive minded coach.

Allowing 109 points against the worst offensive team in the league is unacceptable. But Antoni could care less. He just wants the team to chuck up 3s.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
It's like the curse of those Ewing days are back. The days when we had no other viable options for a game winning shot, than to hand the ball to our 7-footer 18 feet away from the basket, and watch a fall-away low pct shot clank off the rim.

This is what D'ant designed?

Where's the creativity? Notice how MO WILLIAMS attacked the basket? We fall away.

This loss is good b/c it should prove to Walsh.... once and for all.... that if we wait on Melo we're going to be screwed. Gallo will never develop into anything beyond a JJ Redick type player. A bench player.

1-10 from the 3? I would sit him for a week now.

Chandler gets STATS but he's never there when the game matters most. He disappears too often.

I would gladly deal both of them to get Carmelo. Send Randolph packing too.

Fields is the only guy I would hesitate about dealing. As for the rest, I'm tired of watching you lose games. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Ewing days..LMAO! You must be talking about the late ewing days with sprewell ? That team was a contender at least, this team just like I knew was a joke. They can't handle New york. with the exception of stat and felton. who on this team could take over..stat can't rely on anybody..as usual..I knew it .

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Knicks deserve to lose, they are playing the same way they were playing in the beginning of the season. This game will be a wake up call, and will bounce back.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yes, this game was as bad as the beginning of the season, but come on, even the Lakers had close games against teams that might not even make the playoffs. Chandler? He's consistent and had an off night. Gallinari is the one who's inconsistent. We do need a second option.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Before the season started... Who would expect that we would be 16-12 right now?

and come on... this game snapped our 8 game winning streak on the road.

But we do need 2nd option....and quickly. Our boys are working too hard with this small rotation this early in the season.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gallo drives me insane.

He'll have a great game and then he'll chuck 10 3's. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should a player ever be shooting 10 3's, let alone when he makes ONE of them...

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I'm more of a skeptic, but this thread is brutal. You have to understand that the Knicks were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, and had just had 2 emotionally and physically draining games against the Celtics and Heat. The Celtics also played the Cavs after beating thee Heat and lost as well... it happens.

I think we can all agree that this team is incomplete. D'Antoni can't trust guys like Walker, Mozgov and Williams and has practically given up on Randolph. Thus I can understand why he has a small rotation. Thats the player's fault not his.

As for the lack of defense, I totally agree that this team's d can be horrendous at times. While we get a few steals and some block shots, we are being out-rebounded almost every night. Second chance points are killing us right now. We also have some questionable man to man defense from Gallo and STAT.

With Stat and Felton now being thee focus of opposing defensive teams Gallo and Chandler are falling in love with the 3 point shot and just are not consistent enough to really make the other team pay. We clearly need an elite second option. STAT and Felton are being run ragged and its only a matter of time before they get banged up or worn out by the 40+ minutes a night.

While Carmelo does not solve our defensive problems, he will gives us the second option to go to when STAT is on the bench. Carmelo is a good enough scorer that he can get his all by himself while being part of a defensive unit. Between him and Ray we should manage to keep our leads with STAT on the Bench.

We also need a backup PG as Tony Douglas is a horrible playmaker and has unfortunately gone into a shooting slump.

And finally we need some size. There have been rumors of the Knicks seeking out Joel Pryzbilla and other available big men. Donnie is well aware of our rebounding problems and any big who can defend and get some rebounds will supplement our undersized front line.

The good news is that we have the assests and the cap room to get the pieces we need. This team is still in transition. We are above .500 for the time being andd we made some great moves in picking up Felton and STAT and also drafting Landry Fields. Lets not kid ourselves and think that the Knicks are going to get anywhere in the playoffs, but rather appreciate the experience guys like Wilson, Landry and Gallo will have in them which will make them a hell of a lot better for next season. So whats everybody crying about, the Garden finally has a reasonable product out there and an even brighter future.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Chandler and Gallo need to be hungry for points every night. They were getting too complacent letting Amar'e do everything and just feeding off the scoring ability he had...but Amar'e, like everybody, is going to have his off nights and games where he's getting shut down.

It's up to the team's second and third option scorers (ie Felton, Gallo, and Chandler) to go and get it done then. Felton played well, but Gallo and Chandler did not. This game should've been a 15 point blowout.

It's REALLY maddening because EVERYBODY has established that Gallo is at his BEST when he shoots 4-5 3's per game and uses the rest of his possessions driving to the basket and drawing fouls. How many free throws did he take today? ZERO. Really?

The only good thing one can take out of this game is that Landry Fields has proven himself to be a CONSISTENT contributor EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Rain or shine, he only takes GOOD shots and uses his time on the court wisely to make good things happen.

pat

Starter
See the pattern: Young team --> trade talk at the beginning of the season = losses; winning streak --> trade talk peters out = winning streak continues, tough loss --> resurfacing trade talk --> losing two more.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
See the pattern: Young team --> trade talk at the beginning of the season = losses; winning streak --> trade talk peters out = winning streak continues, tough loss --> resurfacing trade talk --> losing two more.

I never stopped my trade talk, and rumors actually picked up in the middle of the winning streak (Randolph to a western conference team for a first rounder, OJ Mayo, talking to the Blazers and T-Wolves about Przybilla and Ridnour.)

When I look at the Lakers, I don't see Gasol and Fischer and a bunch of "promising" young players. The Celtics don't have KG and Rondo and "everybody else."

We still need Melo, whether you have fallen in love with Chandler, Gallo, and Fields, or not. We need a legit player that we can lean on when they're taking STAT away.

Why is it that the Lakers had no problem with parting with the rights to Marc Gasol to get Pau? Or the Celtics with Al Jefferson to get KG, but yet we're desperately holding onto Fields as opposed to going and getting Melo.

I want to see this team win just like everyone else...I just question how much other people wanna see this team win. When you settle for just wanting to win and make the playoffs then you'll say "lets keep our squad, don't trade away [insert players] for Carmelo" and we'll keep a pretty nice squad that isn't as good as some of the perennial playoff teams that just can't break through to get that ring. Why would you want to do that? Because you THINK Gallo might one day learn to have superior body control and utilize his talents in a crafty way? Because you love the "Jack-of-all-trades" qualities about Wilson Chandler that every contending team needs...but you'd rather just keep him as opposed to putting the contending team together first?

People keep saying we have a young team as if that's some sort of answer to our issues, the only problem is...there's a vast difference between our young team and a young team like the Thunder.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
What I saw last night was a team that was tired and uninspired. This loss was a result of the loss to Miami. I think the worst thing that happened to the Knicks was having a game the night after such an emotional game! The Knicks looked drained and I think the adrenaline was so high the night before that they literally were out of gas the next night.
Do they some help? Yes, even when they were wining we talked about tweaking this roster but MY GOD do people have one foot in and one foot out! When they are wining people scream not to touch this roster but when a little adversity hits, those very same Teflon fans start calling for a roster scrub! Relax, break out the bong or take up meditation... whatever it takes too RELAX!!! Geez!! They will make the playoffs and they will make an impression... Will they make it to the Finals? That depends if they make moves now or wait until the off season but so far Walsh And Mike D have shown that they have a plan, they know what they are doing and they know how to put a cohesive team together.... Not to mention how to get players to overachieve!