Loss in CLE shows Knicks are Frauds

Blas

Benchwarmer
Stuff like this makes me hate being a Knicks fan. You all wait in the shadows when we are on winning streaks.. and then strike when we hit a rough patch. Knicks fans are like girls with daddy issues!

We would be 18&10 if we had a good coach? was that the quote? so we'd be two games better?!? haha.

The problem right now (just like it is when we are doing good) we over emphasize EVERYTHING as Knicks fan. When were good were a championship caliber team and when were losing were nazis or Megan Fox's toe thumb. get it together guys.

Right now were starting to see the effects of pressure, schedule and over working our guys. If we had veterans or guys who were used to this pressure (of winning, schedule strength, and logging big minutes) we might be in a green pasture right now.

Mike isnt perfect by any means. I know that. but ill defend the reason as to why he should be our coach again if we have to get into this. Our roster isn't close to being perfect. I definitely know that. but your expectations shouldn't be astronomically high in the first place. Our team is young and our schedule was light. These guys didn't claim they'd win a championship... they made the statement they were a 40+ win team that could make the playoffs like you stated!!! That's their first goal and with this roster rightfully so.

We should get Carmelo to take the pressure off these guys YES. but when we can WAIT (which all of you hate prior management for not doing) we should do so! Do I think their should be any untouchables? NO. This side of Stoudemire and Felton. but play it smart. keep working and were set for a good situation.

Frauds as defined by the English dictionary is a person who makes deceitful pretenses;.. Amare claimed we were back... and if you guys probably forgot in your anger is the teams Ewing was on that you are so proud and fond of won 40+ games and made playoffs... no championships. Lets stop hoping Stoudemire becomes the next Ewing and D'Antoni becomes the next Riley or Van Gundy.. none of them won championships. lets try a new formula and a new path and see if we can win one. right now.. were on a great start.

Great post, I wish we had more like this.

Go Knicks!

The Knicks will not go anywhere without another elite player to use in this olympic style game plan the coach is running. I'm not one of those guys willing to pay or cheer for losers, this is not what this city represents, and imo...nor should we tolirate it.

I take more satifaction in seeing weak players and coaches get canned then to see them embarrass my city. So, do what ya gotta do to make things right, like other teams are doing. We haven't made a real meaningful trade since Stat and Felton got here. With this ssol, its obvious we need to make some moves...

clumsy

Rotation player
This thread is crazy we are above 500 for 20games in a season. When is the last time you seen that...hahaah aren't some of the people here so young they don't even remember the days when Knicks even did that?

They are right in line for my prediction 45 win team at most. They are severely missing a true number 2 option and interior presence on D. Amare cannot be continually stuck trying to take the man off the dribble otherwise he will get his 3+ turnovers like that. (which proves we don't really have a legit 2). You can say at the very least they have somewhat bought into the system and felton and amare look good playing together which is good enough for the 1st quarter of the season.

I will be calling for Mike D's head again if by 50 games we are out of the playoff race like i did at the beginning of the season however. It is inexcusable for this team to not make the playoffs. Which will be a start and good enough for this season.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
This thread is crazy we are above 500 for 20games in a season. When is the last time you seen that...hahaah aren't some of the people here so young they don't even remember the days when Knicks even did that?

They are right in line for my prediction 45 win team at most. They are severely missing a true number 2 option and interior presence on D. Amare cannot be continually stuck trying to take the man off the dribble otherwise he will get his 3+ turnovers like that. (which proves we don't really have a legit 2). You can say at the very least they have somewhat bought into the system and felton and amare look good playing together which is good enough for the 1st quarter of the season.

I will be calling for Mike D's head again if by 50 games we are out of the playoff race like i did at the beginning of the season however. It is inexcusable for this team to not make the playoffs. Which will be a start and good enough for this season.

Nah clumsy they wont be happy until we assemble the Lakers V2. Donnie Walsh does not have the same luxury making deals like we do on Playstation / Xbox.

We are playing the best basketball that I can remeber in recent years. I happy and even more happy to see this "team" get better with what they have and finish the year strong.

Even if we do the trades some of you are talking about we dont have a chance to win right now. Patience and growing will build your dynasty.

metrocard

Legend
l_9b002e8e34534a6e8d807896896c219a.gif

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Well I'll be happy when this team stops getting beat up by teams they should be able to beat.

Guys lets's be realistic here. The knicks have a tough schedule.
Was it fun seeing them lose to cleveland ? Was it fun seeing Them getting blown out by the heat. and gallo with nowhere to be seen in the second half.
Was it fun seeing them up 12 points against Boston celtics, Only to lose a heartbreaker lets not forget that shaq wasn't playing neither was Jermaine.

I know that they are not elite yet and boston is a Better team with a very Deep Bench. But if they would've won, No doubt they wouldn't have gotten blown out by the heat. And it dosen't help that the coach runs them ragged. It's crazy/

The oklahoma thunder, bulls Than miami and orlando..And in January Suns, Dallas, Spurs, Lakers. Do you guys feel confident that this team will win 4 out 8 of these games. Would they still be fun to watch, if they go on a losing streak during this road trip. Because they have no depth in their bench. And don't have consistant scorers other than Amar'e and Felton . It's just The Plain facts .

Last edited:

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Getting in the playoffs and getting swept by the freaking HEAT or CELTICS would piss me off more than not making playoffs and having a higher draft pick.

The worst thing NYK fans will endure that a team built for the future, with Gallo's potential, will improve.

This is all I'm saying. Douglas-Gallo or bench players. Making the playoffs might give us false hope that we'll improve next season.

If you really think MELO will be a Knicks nex year, apparently you haven't been paying attention the last 20 years. Knicks don't get that lucky.

SO, we're going to have to build creatively.

Think Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol plus another few parts.

Would you prefer we wait on Gallo? Or go get a player who will contribute every night? Would you prefer to live with Chandler or go get an impact player like AI?

I'm tired of these losses (like the one at home to PHI). Where are Chanlder-Gallo then?

Dude we are going to lose some games. We are not a powerhouse of a team as of yet. You really have to be patient. I'm all for Marc Gasol as he is 7'1 and he gives us another good big man that can step out and hit a jumper once in a while. Not only that I do really believe that Mozgov will come around and Chandler will start to really come into his own in the next season.

Making the playoffs is a sign to potential suitors that we are actually coming out of the dirt and starting to become a team that will win and get to the playoffs. That being said we already have the bright lights and sellouts every night at home and with Amar'e we are a hot ticket.

I like to think of it as if we can start getting good solid pieces around Amar'e and pull in some quality in the draft in the next couple years then we could be going somewhere.

Still this is an 82 game season with a lot of ups and downs. I don't know where the upsetment comes from because for like 9 years we haven't looked this good. We aren't going to be able to compete with the Heat right away, but many in a couple years we can have a better team then them in terms of bench and overall talent. They really won't be able to do that as there cap is pretty much eaten up by the big three.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Well I'll be happy when this team stops getting beat up by teams they should be able to beat.

Guys lets's be realistic here. The knicks have a tough schedule.
Was it fun seeing them lose to cleveland ? Was it fun seeing Them getting blown out by the heat. and gallo with nowhere to be seen in the second half.
Was it fun seeing them up 12 points against Boston celtics, Only to lose a heartbreaker lets not forget that shaq wasn't playing neither was Jermaine.

I know that they are not elite yet and boston is a Better team with a very Deep Bench. But if they would've won, No doubt they wouldn't have gotten blown out by the heat. And it dosen't help that the coach runs them ragged. It's crazy/

The oklahoma thunder, bulls Than miami and orlando..And in January Suns, Dallas, Spurs, Lakers. Do you guys feel confident that this team will win 4 out 8 of these games. Would they still be fun to watch, if they go on a losing streak during this road trip. Because they have no depth in their bench. And don't have consistant scorers other than Amar'e and Felton . It's just The Plain facts .

I agree... Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to and step it up against the elite teams.... That being said I still feel they deserve the first half of this season (before the All Star break) to find themselves and continue to tweak the roster. It is imperative for this team to stay competitive and stay close to a playoff spot! This way when if they do make a few roster changes, they have the ability to let the smoke settle and get their bearings. This way once the start to gel they are right in the mix and not trying to climb out of the basement.

mafra

Legend
The thread starter is a FRAUD

NO FRAUD here, unless you were throwing balls off the brick chimeny pretending Rory Sparrow was setting you up for an open look from the corner, in front of the garage in your driveway.

I'm just a master in reverse-pyschology...

ANYWAY, boy do I feel foolish this morning. Chandler-Gallo make this team go. Sure, Felton-STAT are the engine that keeps this thing runing, but the aforementioned duo are the oil. They need to compliment the BIG-2 in order for this team to be serious players.

THE BIG FOUR, along with Fields brings this team to another level.

I guess you folks were right. 3rd game in 4 days, along with emotional high of dream week, might have led to that disaster in CLE.

Gallo is best when he limits 3s to under 6. When he has an all-around game, filling out the stat sheet. Chandler becoming a legit 3-point shooter, but had a nice 21,5,4 line.

It's exactly why these 2 drive me nuts. I want to root for them so much, they drive my crazy when they go through the motions and disappear into the background.

I seriously thought that loss in CLE meant we would lose like 8 in a row.

NOW, to be fair, we caught OK CITY on the back end of a back-2-back.... such is life in the NBA.

BUT Chandler-Gallo made me eat my words. I guess I am the FRAUD for not taking baby steps with this club. I expect us to go from joke to a top-4 seed overnight. BUT, as most of you wrote, I should just appreciate the fact we are semi-relevant again and are exciting to watch.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
NO FRAUD here, unless you were throwing balls off the brick chimeny pretending Rory Sparrow was setting you up for an open look from the corner, in front of the garage in your driveway.

I'm just a master in reverse-pyschology...

ANYWAY, boy do I feel foolish this morning. Chandler-Gallo make this team go. Sure, Felton-STAT are the engine that keeps this thing runing, but the aforementioned duo are the oil. They need to compliment the BIG-2 in order for this team to be serious players.

THE BIG FOUR, along with Fields brings this team to another level.

I guess you folks were right. 3rd game in 4 days, along with emotional high of dream week, might have led to that disaster in CLE.

Gallo is best when he limits 3s to under 6. When he has an all-around game, filling out the stat sheet. Chandler becoming a legit 3-point shooter, but had a nice 21,5,4 line.

It's exactly why these 2 drive me nuts. I want to root for them so much, they drive my crazy when they go through the motions and disappear into the background.

I seriously thought that loss in CLE meant we would lose like 8 in a row.

NOW, to be fair, we caught OK CITY on the back end of a back-2-back.... such is life in the NBA.

BUT Chandler-Gallo made me eat my words. I guess I am the FRAUD for not taking baby steps with this club. I expect us to go from joke to a top-4 seed overnight. BUT, as most of you wrote, I should just appreciate the fact we are semi-relevant again and are exciting to watch.

You are a good man for retracting your comments. Once again though we are all fans no need to bash each other for opinions. Good game from everyone my favorite part of the game was the bench clearing. I love to see garbage time that means your team did great. We could have seen it earlier but the lead slipped lol :beer:

petescud

Starter
We were shot down in Miami the night before and let it get to us. We did bounce back a beat a good OK City team

we need to get it done tomorrow in Miami