what does the bible really teach?

Reslight is a Bible Student.

The Bible students of Charles Taze Russell separated into two groups.

Most of the Bible Students joined Joseph Rutherford. Rutherford continued to use the Watchtower Magazine and eventually formed the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a high control cult. They can't celebrate holidays, receive blood transfusions, read anything outside of the Watchtower organization, or be friends with anyone UNLESS they are trying to convert the person. They also practice shunning/ex-communication towards any member who questions the Watchtower, joins another Christian denomination, or stops attending the meetings. Jehovah's Witnesses believe everyone alive today who is not a Jehovah's Witness will be put to death by God at
Armageddon(which they have falsely predicted over 8 times and currently believe is around the corner).

The other Bible Students separated from Rutherford and currently use Charles Taze Russell's teachings.

Still can't answer the questions, huh?

P.S.-Reslight is not a Jehovah's Witness and has already said he does not agree with their "authoritarian" and "dictatorhip" form of government. In fact, Charles Taze Russell's Bible Students left Judge Rutherford's Bible Students in the 1910s.
for what? You can't learn. You're a waste of time. Mine at least

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
for what? You can't learn. You're a waste of time. Mine at least

lol You say I can't learn?

You're funny.

-Aren't you in that cult group that tells people to "avoid independent thinking?"

"Does "the faithful and discreet slave" [1] endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate? - No, it does not. ... "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under it's oversight." Sept 2007 Kingdom Ministry

"Avoid Independent Thinking. 'How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization." Watchtower Jan 15, 1983 page 22

-Aren't you in that cult group that tells people not to pursue higher education because "Armageddon is around the corner?"

"Is the Watchtower printing sincere articles or is it rather trying to control the minds of its members by keeping them ignorant? What is their real motive?"

"Do not pursue higher education. There is very little time left! Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service, your goal." WT 3/15/1969, p. 171

"Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer." Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451

Enjoy rotting in the Watchtower cult.

Last edited:

ResLight

Rookie
What does the Bible in Hebrews 1 tell us about "God"?

2. As for your other point, I could just as well take Hebrews 1:8 and say that Jesus is called God, meaning he is Jehovah. And follow it by saying End of story, since, in your thinking 1:9 contradicts 1:8.

3. Moreover, 1:9 is saying God, thy God, stating that God is Jesus' God, but the same is implied in 1:8, when God is quoted as saying, in reference to Jesus, "Your throne, O God." Don't you see that one could say that Jesus is Jehovah's God, using the logic WTBS employs?

The fact is that the scripture speaks for itself: Jesus is, in Christianity, a physical manifestation of the supreme.

What does the Bible in Hebrews 1 tell us about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? (Exodus 3:14,15; Acts 3:13-26) In Hebrews 1:1-3, is "God" presented as one person, or more than one person? Obviously, He is presented as one person, and Jesus is depicted as the "Son" of that one person. The unipersonal God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob spoke through another who is not Himself, that is, His son. In Hebrews 1:3, God and His works are seen and performed through His Son.
See my study:
The Unipersonal God Speaks Through His Son
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/772.html

In Hebrews 1:4, the Son, who, while in the days of his flesh (Hebrews 5:7) was a little lower than the angels (Hebrews 2:9), is shown to now be exalted above the angels. Who exalted Jesus above the angels? Paul tell us it was the unipersonal God. -- Philippians 2:9.

In Hebrews 1:5-13, we find that the unipersonal God is being quoted as speaking to His Son, and thereby describing various roles that the unipersonal God has given to His Son, while also showing the superiority of the exaltation that He has given to His Son above the angels.

In Hebrews 1:8, as it appears in most translations, Jesus is referred to by the Greek word often transliterated as "THEOS." It should be obvious, however, that the word THEOS is not being applied to the Son of the Most High (Luke 1:32) in the same sense as the same word is used to apply the Most High Himself. So if the scripture is meant to apply this word to the Son of the Most High, it would have to be in the general sense of one possessing power and authority as given to him by the Most High. Indeed, this is what is shown by Hebrews 1:9, for in that verse, the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 is the One who is depicted as giving to Jesus this exaltation above his "fellows". Thus, Jesus is not being depicted as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in Hebrews 1:8, but, if anything, as one made mighty by the only the Most High. This goes back to the Hebraic usage of forms of the the Hebrew word EL, which forms can, and most often do, refer to the Most High and source of all might, Yahweh, but may also be used of anyone or anything to whom the only Most High Might has given any kind of special might, authority, or power. The quote of Hebrews 1:18 is from Psalm 45:6, where a form of EL (ELOHIM) is used.
See my study on The Hebraic Usage of the Titles for God
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/19.html
Also my study:
Why Is Jesus Called "ELOHIM" and "THEOS"?
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/367.html

In Hebrews 1:10-14, we find that the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 is speaking to His son, as the one whose hands had made the present heavens and earth, which heavens and earth have become corrupted (2 Peter 1:4) through sin (Romans 5:12) and are to pass away. (Matthew 5:18; 24:35; 2 Peter 3:10) As Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt (Exodus 3:10), it was actually the unipersonal God who, by the hand of Moses and Aaron (Psalm 72:20), led the children of Egypt out of Egypt (Exodus 3:8), so it is evident that the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 made the present heavens and earth, which has become the present evil world (Galatians 1:4), by means of the hand of His Son.
See my study:
Does Yahweh Speak to Yahweh?
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/353.html

In Hebrews 1:13,14, the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 speaks to His Son again. The quote is from Psalm 110:1, which thus identifies Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, as the unipersonal God who speaks to His son, as also shown by Hebrews 1:1.

All the way through the first chapter of Hebrews, as well throughout the entire Bible, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is depicted as one person, and not as more than one person.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. -- Ephesians 1:3; 1 Peter 1:3.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
What does the Bible in Hebrews 1 tell us about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? (Exodus 3:14,15; Acts 3:13-26) In Hebrews 1:1-3, is "God" presented as one person, or more than one person? Obviously, He is presented as one person, and Jesus is depicted as the "Son" of that one person. The unipersonal God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob spoke through another who is not Himself, that is, His son. In Hebrews 1:3, God and His works are seen and performed through His Son.
See my study:
The Unipersonal God Speaks Through His Son
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/772.html

In Hebrews 1:4, the Son, who, while in the days of his flesh (Hebrews 5:7) was a little lower than the angels (Hebrews 2:9), is shown to now be exalted above the angels. Who exalted Jesus above the angels? Paul tell us it was the unipersonal God. -- Philippians 2:9.

In Hebrews 1:5-13, we find that the unipersonal God is being quoted as speaking to His Son, and thereby describing various roles that the unipersonal God has given to His Son, while also showing the superiority of the exaltation that He has given to His Son above the angels.

In Hebrews 1:8, as it appears in most translations, Jesus is referred to by the Greek word often transliterated as "THEOS." It should be obvious, however, that the word THEOS is not being applied to the Son of the Most High (Luke 1:32) in the same sense as the same word is used to apply the Most High Himself. So if the scripture is meant to apply this word to the Son of the Most High, it would have to be in the general sense of one possessing power and authority as given to him by the Most High. Indeed, this is what is shown by Hebrews 1:9, for in that verse, the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 is the One who is depicted as giving to Jesus this exaltation above his "fellows". Thus, Jesus is not being depicted as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in Hebrews 1:8, but, if anything, as one made mighty by the only the Most High. This goes back to the Hebraic usage of forms of the the Hebrew word EL, which forms can, and most often do, refer to the Most High and source of all might, Yahweh, but may also be used of anyone or anything to whom the only Most High Might has given any kind of special might, authority, or power. The quote of Hebrews 1:18 is from Psalm 45:6, where a form of EL (ELOHIM) is used.
See my study on The Hebraic Usage of the Titles for God
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/19.html
Also my study:
Why Is Jesus Called "ELOHIM" and "THEOS"?
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/367.html

In Hebrews 1:10-14, we find that the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 is speaking to His son, as the one whose hands had made the present heavens and earth, which heavens and earth have become corrupted (2 Peter 1:4) through sin (Romans 5:12) and are to pass away. (Matthew 5:18; 24:35; 2 Peter 3:10) As Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt (Exodus 3:10), it was actually the unipersonal God who, by the hand of Moses and Aaron (Psalm 72:20), led the children of Egypt out of Egypt (Exodus 3:8), so it is evident that the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 made the present heavens and earth, which has become the present evil world (Galatians 1:4), by means of the hand of His Son.
See my study:
Does Yahweh Speak to Yahweh?
http://godandson.reslight.net/archives/353.html

In Hebrews 1:13,14, the unipersonal God of Hebrews 1:1 speaks to His Son again. The quote is from Psalm 110:1, which thus identifies Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, as the unipersonal God who speaks to His son, as also shown by Hebrews 1:1.

All the way through the first chapter of Hebrews, as well throughout the entire Bible, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is depicted as one person, and not as more than one person.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. -- Ephesians 1:3; 1 Peter 1:3.

I must, respectfully so, inform you that I neither believe in Jesus' divinity, nor deny it. I do not believe in Jehovah or Jesus as supreme, whether they hold divinity or not.

As stated in the Tao Te Ching, the holy book of Taoism, I believe: "The name that can be named is not the eternal name." In other words, the supreme is beyond definition, which would definitely include names. This is, of course, not said to challenge or insult your beliefs or those of LJ or K4L.

All things considered, I do love Jesus and Christians; but to me, Jesus' loving message lovingly ended the old covenant and its violence. The apostles and Jesus speak, over and over again, about the unspirituality of legalism, embodied by the adherence to rules by the Pharisees, regardless of questions of compassion, love and justice.

To quibble over Jesus' divinity or what one calls God, real children of God versus the damned, etc., seems a waste of time that could be spent basking in God's unconditional love. And so I exhort all to find God [as they see it, him, she] NOW. For you and K4L, that is Jehovah, for LJ it is science.

As for my mention of the trinity, my point was to gain an understanding of K4L's view, and practice, of the watchtower's legalistic approach to spirituality, with which I have some experience. The specific beliefs, as such, are of secondary importance [to me], when it comes to the issue of mystical communion, which I believe to be an integral part of Christianity.

I exhort you to seek mystical communion in your spiritual practice, if you have not already.

God Bless

lol You say I can't learn?

You're funny.

-Aren't you in that cult group that tells people to "avoid independent thinking?"

"Does "the faithful and discreet slave" [1] endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate? - No, it does not. ... "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under it's oversight." Sept 2007 Kingdom Ministry

"Avoid Independent Thinking. 'How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization." Watchtower Jan 15, 1983 page 22

-Aren't you in that cult group that tells people not to pursue higher education because "Armageddon is around the corner?"

"Is the Watchtower printing sincere articles or is it rather trying to control the minds of its members by keeping them ignorant? What is their real motive?"

"Do not pursue higher education. There is very little time left! Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service, your goal." WT 3/15/1969, p. 171

"Professional people, doctors and lawyers are often "inconsiderate of others" due to their undesirable higher education. Awake!, 918168, p.1 0. It is foolish to want to be a doctor or a lawyer." Watchtower, 8/1/75, p.451

Enjoy rotting in the Watchtower cult.
like I said, you can't learn. You do not understand the perspective of the bible at all in it's proper context. JW's do. Therefore I read what you post and instantly can put it all into proper biblical Context, while you view them from a worldly standpoint. Which is why you cannot learn. You do not have God's Holy spirit helping you to understand properly. God is not of the world. That is why the world is in shambles. Until you get that, you are lost.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
like I said, you can't learn. You do not understand the perspective of the bible at all in it's proper context. JW's do. Therefore I read what you post and instantly can put it all into proper biblical Context, while you view them from a worldly standpoint. Which is why you cannot learn. You do not have God's Holy spirit helping you to understand properly. God is not of the world. That is why the world is in shambles. Until you get that, you are lost.

Yawn, so because I exposed the Watchtower Society for its hyposcrisies, you say I have a "worldly standpoint."

You are ignorant.

You have barely any knowledge about the Jehovah's Witnesses history, because your own Watchtower Bible and "Trap" society does not give you permission to look at your religion's history.

For example, you had no idea that the Watchtower charged money to its members for the Watchtower and Awake! magazines from 1950-2000.

You also had no idea that the Watchtower Society was in the United Nations for 468 weeks, despite calling the United Nations "the wild beast."

You knew nothing about the Watchtower's support of Germany in the 1930s, because you have no access to the 1934 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You live in a box, and will rot in the Watchtower cult until you're in your 70s.

I already warned you.

You don't want to listen, because you believe the Watchtower has all the answers.

Too bad the Watchtower has been wrong on many end of the world predictions, claims to be a non-profit organization despite spending millions and millions of dollars on child molestation settlements, and spent 468 weeks in the same United Nations that they spent decades badmouthing.

Like I said, when you're in your 70s or in your deathbed, whichever comes first, you will realize that you threw your life away for the sake of a cult.

P.S.-You do not speak for all Jehovah's Witnesses, in case you were wondering.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Jehovah's Witness cult exposed

Christadelphian Cult Vs. Jehovah's Witness Cult

The Christadelphian Cult was established in 1838.

The Jehovah's Witnesses Cult is an offshoot from the Millerite Movement of the 1800s.

1. Members of the Christadelphian cult worship at "Christadelphian Halls."
Jehovah's Witnesses worship at "Kingdom Halls."

237047348_5f8701c109.jpg

Christadelphian Hall

900005087_b8f4231fac.jpg

Kingdom Hall

2. Christadelphians baptize members through full immersion.
Jehovah's Witnesses baptize members through full immersion.

3. Christadelphians do not believe Jesus is God. Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus is God.

4. Christadelphians believe the Holy spirit is "God's radiant visible power."
Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Holy spirit is "God's active force."

5. Christadelphians believe anyone outside of their cult will be put to death by God. Jehovah's Witnesses believe anyone outside of their cult will be put to death by God.

6. After everyone except for Christadelphians is destroyed by God, Christadelphians believe there will be a period of 1,000 years where God will restore his kingdom.

After everyone except for Jehovah's Witnesses is destroyed by God, Jehovah's Witnesses believe there will be a period of 1,000 years where God will restore his kingdom.

7. The Chrisadelphians falsely predicted the end of the world in 1844 and then again during the American Civil War.

Jehovah's Witnesses had false end of the world predictions during World War I and World War II.

Cult member Knicks4lyfe believes the end of the world is coming "way before" 2034.

8. Christadelphians use many "study aids" that they use in order to change the Bible 's meaning and make it fit into their beliefs.

The Jehovah's Witnesses use many "study aids" that they use in order to change the Bible's meaning and make it fit into their beliefs.

9. How did the Christadelphians come with their 1910 prediction, AND how did the Jehovah's Witnesses come up with their 1914 prediction?

The Christadelphians use:
"Seven times commencing BC610 = 2520
deduct years elapsed before Christ = 610
Expiry date of the 7 times = 1910
the world is 6,000 years old = 1910"

The Jehovah's Witnesses use:
"Line of Kingdom rulers interrupted 607 BCE.
Seven times to pass until rule restored.
Seven= 2 X 3 1/2 times, or 2 X 1,260 days.
A day for a year makes 2,520 years
1914 ends Gentile Times"

This is my last post on this thread. However, I will copy and repost some of my previous posts that further expose the Watchtower cult.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Society Cult says Aluminum Pots cause cancer

"...if ten thousand doctors swore on ten thousand Bibles that aluminum ware is harmless to human beings, I would not believe them..."The Golden Age[now known as Awake!] July 25, 1928

"As a result of the publication of wholesome truthon the subject, there are fewer people now purchasing aluminum cooking utensils than heretofore. There is also a pronounced drop in the cancer death rate. Much aluminum used: many cancers. Less aluminum used: fewer cancers."-
The Golden Age 1930 p.650

"A more important reason is to draw attention to the role of aluminum cooking ware. When vegetable broth contacts aluminum a chemical solution is created that is powerful enough to eat the rust off silver. Would you care to eat this solution?"-Awake! May 22, 1948

"The facts of the subject are an inside story, but since your insides and those of millions of other people are involved, Dr. C.T. Betts, of Toledo, Ohio, has brought out facts which were being covered up. He found from personal experience, experiment and observation how injurious aluminum can be."
Awake! August 8, 1949

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Blood Transfusion Flip Flops By Watchtower Bible & "Trap" Society Cult

Watchtower’s history on the issue of blood
1940 Blood transfusions are acceptable
1945 Blood transfusion are not acceptable
1956 Blood serums should be treated as blood and are banned
1958 Blood serums and fractions acceptable
1959 Storage of own blood unacceptable
1961 Blood fractions are not acceptable
1964 Blood fractions are acceptable
1967 Organ Transplants are not acceptable
1974 Blood serums are personal choice
1975 Hemophilia treatments (Factor VII & IX) are not acceptable
1978 Hemophilia treatments (Factor VII & IX) are acceptable
1980 Organ Transplants are acceptable
1982 Albumin is acceptable
1983 Hemodilution is acceptable
1990 Hemodilution is not acceptable (Blood Brochure)
1995 Hemodilution is acceptable
2000 Blood fractions are acceptable

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult Flip Flops on the resurrection

Will the people of Sodom and Gomorrah be eligible for resurrection
  • 1879 - Will be resurrected
  • 1955 - Will not be resurrected
  • 1965 - Will be resurrected
  • 1967 - Will not be resurrected
  • 1974 - Will be resurrected
  • 1988 - Will not be resurrected
  • 1988 - Will be resurrected
  • 1989 - Will not be resurrected

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult and Theocratic Warfare(lying)

The Watchtower Cult tells Jehovah's Witnesses a false definition of the world "lying" in order to justify their version of "lying" which they refer to as "Theocratic Warfare."

Aid to Bible Understanding (1971) pp.1060-1061
"LIE. The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person. A lie need not always be verbal. It can also be expressed in action, that is, a person may be living a lie.

While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it."

Watchtower 1957 May 1 pp.285-286 Use Theocratic War Strategy
"She was not a liar. Rather, she was using theocratic war strategy, hiding the truth by action and word for the sake of the ministry...
So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary, it does much good."

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult tells its members not to think for themselves

QUALIFIED 1955 p.156
"we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the Bible says, 'believe all things,' all the things that The Watchtower brings out"

"In Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing"-Watchtower June 1, 1967

Watchtower 1981 February 15 p.19
Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?
OUR VIEW OF THE "SLAVE"
"Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should have confidence in the channel God is using."

Watchtower January 15, 1983
Avoid Independent Thinking
"From the very outset of his rebellion Satan called into question God's way of doing things. He promoted independent thinking. How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.
Would we know the way of the truth if it had not been for guidance from the organization? Really, can we get along without the direction of God's organization?" NO, WE CANNOT!"

Watchtower 1986 April 1 pp.30-31
"Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Watchtower August 1, 2001
First, since "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave[men in suits located in Brooklyn]."

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult Exposed

Q: How long was the
Watchtower Bible & "Trap" Society Members of the United Nations?

A:468 Weeks

The Watchtower Society claimed the United Nations was "the wild beast," but they joined the United Nations in 1992. Hypocrisy exposed.

"As we think back on the highlights of the program, we also remember the identification of the "disgusting thing" with the scarlet-colored beast of Revelation chapter 17, the United Nations."-
Kingdom Ministry 1970

"Jehovah's Witnesses declare: As for us, we do not encourage false hopes of world peace because of the changing political scene." Watchtower June 1, 1991

"The whole tendency of the League of Nations is to turn the people away from God and from Christ, and it is therefore a desolating thing, the product of Satan, and an abomination in the sight of God." So in 1919 "the disgusting thing" appeared. In time, the League gave way to

the United Nations. Jehovah's Witnesses have long exposed these human peace organizations as disgusting in God's sight."-Watchtower May 1, 1999
The wild beast represents the United Nations organization... Thus the modern-day Assyrian (nations associated with the UN) will deal Christendom a mighty blow and will crush her out of her existence.”—Isaiah's Prophecy - Light for All Mankind vol. 1, 2000, p. 153
"Recently the NGO Section has been receiving numerous inquires regarding the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York with the Department of Public Information (DPI). This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992.
This news was shocking to individual Jehovah’s Witnesses who discovered the Society’s involvement with what they viewed as the “image of the wild beast.” They immediately began to question the Watchtower Society’s intentions concerning the United Nations. In response, the Watchtower Society quickly disassociated itself from the UN in October of 2001."
http://4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-united-nations.php

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Christadelphian Cult Vs. Jehovah's Witness Cult

The Christadelphian Cult was established in 1838.

The Jehovah's Witnesses Cult is an offshoot from the Millerite Movement of the 1800s.

1. Members of the Christadelphian cult worship at "Christadelphian Halls."
Jehovah's Witnesses worship at "Kingdom Halls."

237047348_5f8701c109.jpg

Christadelphian Hall

900005087_b8f4231fac.jpg

Kingdom Hall

2. Christadelphians baptize members through full immersion.
Jehovah's Witnesses baptize members through full immersion.

3. Christadelphians do not believe Jesus is God. Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus is God.

4. Christadelphians believe the Holy spirit is "God's radiant visible power."
Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Holy spirit is "God's active force."

5. Christadelphians believe anyone outside of their cult will be put to death by God. Jehovah's Witnesses believe anyone outside of their cult will be put to death by God.

6. After everyone except for Christadelphians is destroyed by God, Christadelphians believe there will be a period of 1,000 years where God will restore his kingdom.

After everyone except for Jehovah's Witnesses is destroyed by God, Jehovah's Witnesses believe there will be a period of 1,000 years where God will restore his kingdom.

7. The Chrisadelphians falsely predicted the end of the world in 1844 and then again during the American Civil War.

Jehovah's Witnesses had false end of the world predictions during World War I and World War II.

Cult member Knicks4lyfe believes the end of the world is coming "way before" 2034.

8. Christadelphians use many "study aids" that they use in order to change the Bible 's meaning and make it fit into their beliefs.

The Jehovah's Witnesses use many "study aids" that they use in order to change the Bible's meaning and make it fit into their beliefs.

9. How did the Christadelphians come with their 1910 prediction, AND how did the Jehovah's Witnesses come up with their 1914 prediction?

The Christadelphians use:
"Seven times commencing BC610 = 2520
deduct years elapsed before Christ = 610
Expiry date of the 7 times = 1910
the world is 6,000 years old = 1910"

The Jehovah's Witnesses use:
"Line of Kingdom rulers interrupted 607 BCE.
Seven times to pass until rule restored.
Seven= 2 X 3 1/2 times, or 2 X 1,260 days.
A day for a year makes 2,520 years
1914 ends Gentile Times"

This is my last post on this thread. However, I will copy and repost some of my previous posts that further expose the Watchtower cult.

Wow: this is the granddaddy of JW's, especially since this church was established before Russell was even born and before the 7th day adventists came to be.

It has also made many failed predictions. The founder, John Thomas, I just learned, predicted the date of the end of the world as being 1910, and he made this prediction way before the Russellite movement (he died in 1871).

These guys were just borrowing each other's stuff, impressed with this sci-fi made-to-sound-logical nonsense. Maybe they should merge. Here are some more similarities between the two.

1. They disfellowship [and use this very term] members who join other Christian groups or engage in any behavior that does not fall in line with Christadelphian rules.

2. They ban military service, voting, and political involvement

3. They believe in a coming paradise earth

4. Services are led by a different member each week or a visiting member of an outside church.

5. If single, upon joining, they only marry fellow members.

6. They believe they are set apart by God (only true Christians) and only associate closely with one another.

7. They believe Jesus was son of God but "also a man," until his baptism. They believe in God as the father and reject God as the trinity.

8. They believe Jesus will return soon to rule a government with members of their church at his side and are currently expecting him [at any moment].

9. Christadelphians are big on the bible being perfect, free of error and to be taken literally (legalism). They claim to be the only who follow it.

10. They are baptized by full immersion, after accepting Christadelphian doctrine.

11. They believe in annihilation of non-believers by God, rather than hell.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/subdivisions/christadelphians_1.shtml

Last edited:
Yawn, so because I exposed the Watchtower Society for its hyposcrisies, you say I have a "worldly standpoint."

You are ignorant.

You have barely any knowledge about the Jehovah's Witnesses history, because your own Watchtower Bible and "Trap" society does not give you permission to look at your religion's history.

For example, you had no idea that the Watchtower charged money to its members for the Watchtower and Awake! magazines from 1950-2000.

You also had no idea that the Watchtower Society was in the United Nations for 468 weeks, despite calling the United Nations "the wild beast."

You knew nothing about the Watchtower's support of Germany in the 1930s, because you have no access to the 1934 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You live in a box, and will rot in the Watchtower cult until you're in your 70s.

I already warned you.

You don't want to listen, because you believe the Watchtower has all the answers.

Too bad the Watchtower has been wrong on many end of the world predictions, claims to be a non-profit organization despite spending millions and millions of dollars on child molestation settlements, and spent 468 weeks in the same United Nations that they spent decades badmouthing.

Like I said, when you're in your 70s or in your deathbed, whichever comes first, you will realize that you threw your life away for the sake of a cult.

P.S.-You do not speak for all Jehovah's Witnesses, in case you were wondering.
so lemme get this right, you think that you're able to get this information about Jehovah's witnesses, yet some how, jws themselves cannot get this same information? And i'm ignorant?

Very little of what you've posted was I unaware of. And what I was not privy to, I can' already se the reasoning behind just from understanding the bible's viewpoint.

But like I said, you clearly cannot understand. You went to meetings for years and still did not know basic features of the faith.

they registered with the u.n. For a purpose. Not because they were aligning with them. Being registered with the u.n and supporting it, are totally different. But all you see is they registered, but you don't dig DEEP enough to find out why. So it wreaks of a smear campaign. That's what you are about.

But hey, you're only hurting you in this instance, because if you live long enough, Jehovah promises you will get to know he exists. Let's just hope it's in the positive instance for you.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Originally posted by Knicks4lyfe
so lemme get this right, you think that you're able to get this information about Jehovah's witnesses, yet some how, jws themselves cannot get this same information? And i'm ignorant?

Nobody said you can't get the information.

But Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to use Theocratic Warfare(lying), so I'm not surprised you attempted to use it on me.

What I said is that YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED to get the information.

I already presented the evidence that the Watchtower Society forbids its members from reading outside information OR reading old publications from the Watchtower.

Let's take a look at the quotes, shall we?

"If we have love for Jehovah and for the organization of his people we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the Bible says, 'believe all things,' all the things that The Watchtower brings out"-Qualified 1955

Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing-Watchtower 1957

"Does "the faithful and discreet slave" [1] endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate? - No, it does not. ... "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under it's oversight.
Sept 2007 Kingdom Ministry

Very little of what you've posted was I unaware of. And what I was not privy to, I can' already se the reasoning behind just from understanding the bible's viewpoint.

Another lie from Knicks4lyfe. I can see right through your Watchtower Cult.

So you want us to believe that the Watchtower Society informed you of their flip flops on blood transfusions, vaccinations, organ transplants, dialysis, hemophilia treament, use of aluminum cookware, false armageddon predictions, the meaning of the word "generation?," and their involvement with the United Nations?

You're a bad liar. I can very easily dissect your lies.

But like I said, you clearly cannot understand. You went to meetings for years and still did not know basic features of the faith.

they registered with the u.n. For a purpose. Not because they were aligning with them. Being registered with the u.n and supporting it, are totally different. But all you see is they registered, but you don't dig DEEP enough to find out why. So it wreaks of a smear campaign. That's what you are about.

But hey, you're only hurting you in this instance, because if you live long enough, Jehovah promises you will get to know he exists. Let's just hope it's in the positive instance for you.

Notice how Knicks4lyfe says "They registered with the U.N.(Wild Beast of Revelation) for a purpose," but he does not tell what that "purpose" was.

Why? Because Knicks4lyfe knew nothing about the Watchtower's membership with the United Nations before he joined the Watchtower Cult.

Had he known about it, he would have given a reason, but he couldn't, because he's lying.

Wow, exposing theocratic warfare is easy.

As for Jehovah's Witnesses understanding of the Bible, they are not allowed to read the Bible for themselves.

Jehovah's Witnesses are instructed to use Watchtower magazines to accompany them, whenever they read the Bible.

So the Jehovah's Witnesses have a very weak understanding of the Bible, since they simply just parrot what they are told in a magazine and don't actually read it for themselves.

"The Watchtower, August 15, 1981, page 25, “From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah’s people those who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home."

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult Exposed

Q: Why is it that the Watchtower.org website does not give Jehovah's Witnesses access to ALL of their previous publications, if they are in the Jehovah's Witness religion?

A: Jehovah's Witnesses are being brainwashed by the
Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

Watchtower June 15, 1956
"THE BRAINS OF MILLIONS NEED A WASHING."

Watchtower March 15, 1973
"The shape our brains are in, they need a good washing."

AWAKE! OCTOBER 22, 1986
"My father said that the Witnesses would brainwash me, to which I replied that MY BRAIN NEEDED A GOOD WASHING."

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult exposed

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society has hinted that they believe Armageddon will come in 2034.

In the 2003 December 15 Watchtower Magazine it says:
"Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring "the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens."—Genesis 6:17.

"What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in "the time of the end."

"In modern times, sincere students of the Bible have learned from the inspired Scriptures that this system is doomed to destruction."

"Jehovah has kept these warnings in front of his people by means of timely reminders through the spiritual food provided by "the faithful and discreet slave."

"This warning is not to be taken lightly. Almighty God always keeps his word. (Isaiah 55:10, 11)
He did in Noah's day, and he will in our day."

"Although the Flood seems remote from our day, it clearly provides a warning that we must not ignore."

"It is imperative that we "keep on the watch" and prove ourselves ready for Jehovah's day."
http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/2034.html

No they don't. It will be here way before then, though.

Knicks4lyfe is in a cult that thinks the world is going to end "way before" 2034.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult Exposed

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society defined the word "cult" for all
Jehovah's Witnesses and non-Witnesses to see in their February 15, 1994 edition of the Watchtower Magazine.
watchtower1.jpg

jwcult.jpg

Let's see if the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society fits its definition of a cult.

"Cult members often isolate themselves from family, friends, and even society in general."
(The Watchtower, February 15, 1994, pp. 6-7)

The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society practices shunning(ex-communication of family, friends, and former witnesses), disfellowshipping(removal of the Congregation), and the Jehovah's Witness children are discouraged from engaging in afterschool activities with "worldly" non-Witness children.

Irrefutable Evidence:

"Listen! "it is expected" that you will have no
extra-curricular activities outside of the Watchtower. Such activity is a "danger" and "worldly". Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry 1983, p. 133.

"Children should get away from disfellowshipped parents as soon as they are old enough to leave." (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

"If a child of someone is disfellowshipped from the Kingdom Hall, the parent is to refuse to listen to the child's reason."( Organization for Kingdom-Preaching and Disciple-Making1972, p. 173.)

"Disfellowshipped children, legally of age will be kicked out of the home." (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

You are reminded that involvement in after-school sports tie you down, requiring you to spend evenings and weekends playing on a school team. You are expected to be at the lectures at the Kingdom Hall. "Any recreation you take outside of school should not be with worldly youths." Watchtower, 9/1/64, p.535.

"Cheerleaders lead people into "frenzied cheering ... hero worship ... glorifying humans." School and Jehovah's Witnesses, 1983, pp.23-24. Never become a homecoming queen! This would 'set up womanhood upon a pedestal." Watchtower, 6/15/64, p.381.

"In fact, the month Of May of Mother's Day is understood to be named after Maia, a demon worshiped by the pagans. . . . "' (Awake 5/8/1956, p. 25)

"We all need to face up to the fact that Christmas and its music are not from Jehovah, the God of truth. Then what is their source? ... Satan the Devil."(WT 12/15/1983, p. 7)

"No Jehovah's Witness should want to go to college." Watchtower,9/1/75, p.543; Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock, 1977, p. 105..

"Do not pursue higher education." Watchtower 3/15/1969, p. 171

"If a JW joins another religion, an announcement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)

"If someone used to be a Jehovah's Witness, "We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme ~ active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." Watchtower, 10/1/52, p.599.

"The real danger of playing chess is it's military nature, the equivalent of the maneuvers enacted by little boys with toy soldiers." Awake !, 3/22/73, pp.12-14.

Awake! 1986 october 22:
"My father said that the Witnesses would brainwash me, to which I replied that my brain needed a good washing."[/quote]

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Watchtower Cult Exposed

1. Why is it that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society doesn't give Jehovah's Witnesses access to ALL of their previous publications?

The Watchtower Bible & "Trap" Society is a high control cult that tells its members what they can and can't read, watch, say, or do.

2. Why is it that all of the Watchtower/Awake!/Kingdom Ministry quotes that I have presented are new to you[Knicks4lyfe], even though he is a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Knicks4lyfe knew nothing about the quotes I presented, because he's in a high control cult that forbids him from doing research.

He has to bend over and take whatever the Watchtower gives him.

3. Cults are known for telling their members that they have the exclusive truth and that outsiders don't know what they're talking about.

Why? To retain cult members.

Why else? To brainwash the cult members into doing whatever the Watchtower tells them to do.

Knicks4lyfe will rot away in the Watchtower Cult, and when it's January 1, 2035, he's going to realize the Watchtower Cult tricked him, just like it tricked the millions of other Witnesses with its previous false predictions.

P.S.-Knicks4lyfe is in a cult that believes Armageddon is going to come "Way before" 2034.

Last edited: