NY or LA for Howard; NYK 7th Ranked Franchise Going Forward

iSaYughh

Starter
Fwiw.

ESPN Insider reported multiple Magic sources unequivocally said Howard wasn't sold on staying in ORL, and it's championship or bust this yr or the next, hence th recent blockbusters which Howard approved on, or he walks. To either LA or NY on his shortlist of most ideal places.

I wonder if any real truth to this Walsh does or doesn't do things differently. Maybe put an even greater emphasis on getting Melo, but not committing to much else. I.e we go after a big like Nazr Mohhamed this off season versus a Dalembert or Perkins, if we can get Nazr for real good value.

Also, we got ranked #7 and rising of best NBA franchises moving forward from this season and through the next several years.

MIA
OKC
CHI
LA
UTAH

Were the top 5.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Fwiw.

ESPN Insider reported multiple Magic sources unequivocally said Howard wasn't sold on staying in ORL, and it's championship or bust this yr or the next, hence th recent blockbusters which Howard approved on, or he walks. To either LA or NY on his shortlist of most ideal places.

I wonder if any real truth to this Walsh does or doesn't do things differently. Maybe put an even greater emphasis on getting Melo, but not committing to much else. I.e we go after a big like Nazr Mohhamed this off season versus a Dalembert or Perkins, if we can get Nazr for real good value.

Also, we got ranked #7 and rising of best NBA franchises moving forward from this season and through the next several years.

MIA
OKC
CHI
LA
UTAH

Were the top 5.
Yeah and we might be ranked number 16th if we end up playing like we have in The last two games . Several hmmm I hate being negative But several Years. I hope it's just 2 years and not 6 years, Because stoudamire's contract expires in 5 .

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Dwight Howard not a free agent for a while but it would suck if he goes to the Lakers. This is a weird rumor because there is a lot of time between now and then. Dwight Howard would be a perfect fit in New York, maybe by that time Patrick Ewing will be in the coaching staff as well. The way I see it is that the rumor is ahead of its time.

iSaYughh

Starter
Dwight Howard not a free agent for a while but it would suck if he goes to the Lakers. This is a weird rumor because there is a lot of time between now and then. Dwight Howard would be a perfect fit in New York, maybe by that time Patrick Ewing will be in the coaching staff as well. The way I see it is that the rumor is ahead of its time.

He has an opt out clause or something where after next year he could go if he pleases.

The rumor is maybe still ahead of it's time, but the magnitude of any such possibility is enormous. And it does seem likely that he will leave if ORL doesn't secure a title now, after recent blockbusters. I don't think any of this bears on us getting Melo, but for all other signings...possibly we try to place an emphasis on shoe stringing it to leave room.

STAT
Howard

Is almost too good to even conceive us as a frontcourt.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
He has an opt out clause or something where after next year he could go if he pleases.

The rumor is maybe still ahead of it's time, but the magnitude of any such possibility is enormous. And it does seem likely that he will leave if ORL doesn't secure a title now, after recent blockbusters. I don't think any of this bears on us getting Melo, but for all other signings...possibly we try to place an emphasis on shoe stringing it to leave room.

STAT
Howard

Is almost too good to even conceive us as a frontcourt.

Interesting. Dwight Howard would be the answer to the Knicks defensive problems but what makes you, or anybody else who wants to answer this, think he won't go to the Lakers?

As for now lets hope the Knicks long rest helps them regather their way of play from when they were winning. The bench also need to show D'antoni they can help the team. The Knicks need to play with what they got, for now.

iSaYughh

Starter
STAT, Howard, and Melo would make Miami's big 3 look weak

Haha. I think Howard and STAT would make Miami's big three looks weak!

There's no reason to think the FA/off season bonanza of Lebron, Wade, STAT, Bosh, Johnson...even Dirk, too...Won't happen cycle again with the final crop of young beasts who have been part of this 'golden age' of talent influx to the NBA. And that the teams who position themselves the best can make out like kings.

Howard, Melo, CP3, DWill. Obv Melo is coming a bit early to the fray.

As dynasty-like teams are at the front of the nba...MIA/BOS/LA, and complete growing juggernauts like CHI, eg...Superstars and other top players are going to want to organize to teams built to he dynasty-like themsevles, in big markets.

Lebron is a tool and had his own gimp reasons for spurning us for MIA, but the era of dynasty and superstar migrations was officially ushered in by him, and it's a movement we can walk away with holding the most powerful hand.

KingCharles34

All Star

I hate to say it but i hope not. Id like to see him do play by play or be at the msg studio for the knicks postgame report.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Good find but im tired of hearing about this and that years from now. We are not even mid season yet.. We have so much to talk about with the current team but keeping talking about pipe dreams...

In 2022 my son will be on the Knicks no body can stop him when he goes to the left........

clumsy

Rotation player
I'm going to get a lot of crap from this post.

Honestly Sprewell was definitely one of the more intelligent players on the Knicks. Sometimes you can just tell how smart someone is by the way they talk and conduct an interview. A great example of this is Allen Iverson, he might not be the most educated (grammar nazi's your ability to speak the proper english language is not a sign of intelligence) but he's definitely very intelligent.

And his defensive prowess was pretty damn good. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's why sometimes i'm not sure if Anthony Randolph is going to ever be good. He just doesn't seem too bright.