Magic interested in Ronny Turiaf

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/20/magic-eye-tony-battie-ronny-turiaf-as-replacement-for-marcin-go/

Magic Eye Tony Battie, Ronny Turiaf as Replacement for Marcin Gortat

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orlando Magic have asked about the availability of both New York's Ronny Turiaf and Philadelphia's Tony Battie, hoping to fill quickly their new void at backup center behind Dwight Howard.

The Magic, according to NBA sources, would like to use backup point guard Chris Duhon as trade bait, but they also would be willing to use small forward Quentin Richardson to get what they want.

After trading center Marcin Gortat to Phoenix as part of a six-player deal Saturday, the Magic are in serious need of more experienced size in the front court to match up against the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference.

The Magic restructured their roster Saturday by adding guard Gilbert Arenas from Washington, along with guard/forward Jason Richardson, small forward Hedo Turkoglu and second-year forward Earl Clark of Phoenix. They traded away Rashard Lewis to Washington, and Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus and Gortat to Phoenix.

Although the Magic became more talented and more athletic with the Saturday trades ? getting more playmakers on the roster ? it also left them vulnerable against bigger teams in the NBA.

The Magic primarily are looking for someone to play 8-12 minutes per night behind Howard. Battie, 34, hardly has played in Philadelphia after signing a one-year contract this summer.

He was in the Magic locker room Saturday night after his Sixers played Orlando, visiting with Howard, who still views Battie as a friend and mentor. Battie played with the Magic for four seasons (2004-09).

Battie just smiled politely when asked about the possibility of coming back to Orlando to finish his career.

"I play for the Sixers now,'' he said, declining further comment.

Turiaf, 27, would be more difficult to acquire. He has been serving as the backup to Amar'e Stoudemire in New York, although the Knicks would like to find playing time for young center Timofey Mozgov. Turiaf is making $4 million this season and has an option at $4.3 million next season.

Although the Knicks are thrilled with Raymond Felton at point guard, they have been looking for a reliable backup. Duhon was the starter under Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni last season before leaving as a free agent for Orlando.

Battie, after playing in New Jersey last season, came to Philadelphia with a one-year, $1.3 million deal. He is averaging 10.4 minutes in 18 games.

Until adding another big man, the Magic have only little-used journeyman Malik Allen as an undersized backup for Howard.

"To say we're completely done at this point? I'd beg to differ,'' Magic general manager Otis Smith said. "We still need another big. That's something we'll be trying to address in the next month or so.''

Smith declined to say who he would be targeting, but his intent was clear.

---Not sure what could happen but I have an idea of what can be done. First I want hear your thoughts.---

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Magic are stupid enough to the point where they'd probably give us a first-round pick if we demanded it. Seriously, the trade was a terrible move for them future-wise and I wouldn't put it past Otis Smith to give up a big piece since he's basically in WIN NOW mode

Here's a 3 team trade that I would like:

Knicks send:
Ronny Turiaf
Bill Walker
Roger Mason

Knicks receive:
Joel Przybilla
Dante Cunningham
------------------------
Magic send:
JJ Redick

Magic receive:
Ronny Turiaf
2nd round pick
-------------------------
Trail Blazers send:
Joel Przybilla
Dante Cunningham
2nd round pick

Trail Blazers receive:
JJ Redick
Bill Walker
Roger Mason

Knicks get strength in their front court. And a guy who could give Amare some rest. Blazers get some guys to give Roy a rest, they can waive Mason if they want. And Orlando gets the guy they want by getting rid of Redicks contract which also allows them to give the new acquisitions the time they need.

iSaYughh

Starter
The Magic are stupid enough to the point where they'd probably give us a first-round pick if we demanded it. Seriously, the trade was a terrible move for them future-wise and I wouldn't put it past Otis Smith to give up a big piece since he's basically in WIN NOW mode

Yes. They are desperate to win a title this year or next and do whatever it takes to keep Howard by winning now. The trade was a good one for them in that regard, if it's true that Howard is likely to leave if they don't really contend/win. Even a 10% added chance in keeping Howard to a new deal is worth so much.

A pick for Turiaf would be incredible....A coup.

It all but ensures Melo w/o having to give up extra assets of the Fields/Gallo/Wilson trio.

2011, ORL 1st, Randolph 1st, Chandler, Douglas. We may get away w even less, it'd be stunning if DEN didn't pounce on that.

Saves us ~5M extra in cap for getting the bigs of our choosings in the offseason.

All while letting us roll the dice on Moz for the remainder of the season.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We should do this and get Qrich and Duhon from Orlando. Then we can trade a future 1st rounder for Jared Jefferies and convince Jalen Rose to come out of retirement to sign the MLE next year!

Starting lineup:

Duhon
Qrich
Rose
Amare
Jeffires

Can anyone say CHAMPIONSHIP! :cool:

mafra

Legend
Reddick and their 1st round pick. Trade Randolph for another 1st round pick.

Now we have either 3 first round picks to build with, or we make a last ditch attempt to get Carmelo.

Turiaf is good, but if we can sell high on him... DO IT. Dude just can't stay healthy long enough for us to depend on him.

Reddick would give us that SG we need. Drain 3s.

Here's a 3 team trade that I would like:

Knicks send:
Ronny Turiaf
Bill Walker
Roger Mason

Knicks receive:
Joel Przybilla
Dante Cunningham
------------------------
Magic send:
JJ Redick

Magic receive:
Ronny Turiaf
2nd round pick
-------------------------
Trail Blazers send:
Joel Przybilla
Dante Cunningham
2nd round pick

Trail Blazers receive:
JJ Redick
Bill Walker
Roger Mason

Knicks get strength in their front court. And a guy who could give Amare some rest. Blazers get some guys to give Roy a rest, they can waive Mason if they want. And Orlando gets the guy they want by getting rid of Redicks contract which also allows them to give the new acquisitions the time they need.

I kinda like this trade. When healthy Pryzbilla is solid. It's not like Turiaf has been healthy much lately anyway. Plus I threw up in my mouth a little bit at the idea of getting Duhan and/or Richardson back and this plan involves neither.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
We should do this and get Qrich and Duhon from Orlando. Then we can trade a future 1st rounder for Jared Jefferies and convince Jalen Rose to come out of retirement to sign the MLE next year!

Starting lineup:

Duhon
Qrich
Rose
Amare
Jeffires

My dick got excited after reading this. What a killer team.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer

Starting lineup:

Duhon
Qrich
Rose
Amare
Jeffires

I know your joking and its funny but oddly enough Duhon would be a good backup pg. He can run the pick and roll and can play defense.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=23wnazf

The Knicks get: Chris Duhon, J.J. Reddick, Nazr Mohammed, Ryan Anderson, and Jason Williams.

Just in case Duhon doesn't work as well as I think he would at backup pg the Knicks will have Jason Williams. J.J. Reddick and Ryan Anderson would be a bench the Knicks need and also would be good trade bait. Nazr Mohammed, he fills in the void of having a defensive Center who can start. With this trade the Knicks look like they can also still sign someone next season.

The Magis get: Turiaf, Boris Diaw, Sherron Collins, and Bill Walker

With the new acquisitions the Magics received, their is little need to Jason Williams, J.J. Reddick, and Ryan Anderson. To have Arenas, Jason Richardson, and others have their time of play without problems; they will have decent backup with Sherron Collins and Bill Walker. They want Turiaf, and Boris Diaw would help the team in many ways.

The Bobcats get:
Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Randolph, Azzy, and Douglas

Tony Douglas and Quentin Richardson would be a huge pickup for a backup to Augustin and Jackson. Anthony Randolph will be a prospect pickup who will have a lot more playing time. Eddy Curry and Azzy will help them sign someone.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
^^^^^

PG Felton, Duhon and Jason Williams
SG Fields and Reddick
SF Gallo, Chandler and Sean Williams
PF Stat, Anderson, and Chandler
C Nazr and Mozgov

KingCharles34

All Star

Starting lineup:

Duhon
Qrich
Rose
Amare
Jeffires

ehhh almost...

Stats been good for us but lets be reality, Lee was better. A much better rebounder, defender, and I even think that he was more clutch late in games. He was a guy that you could rely on down the stretch.

Does anyone think that the Warriors would take Amare and maybe a future 1st rounder for Lee?

Im gonna go to ESPN trade machine and see if i can come up with a proposal that i can perhaps submit to Donnie Walsh

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
ehhh almost...

Stats been good for us but lets be reality, Lee was better. A much better rebounder, defender, and I even think that he was more clutch late in games. He was a guy that you could rely on down the stretch.

Does anyone think that the Warriors would take Amare and maybe a future 1st rounder for Lee?

Im gonna go to ESPN trade machine and see if i can come up with a proposal that i can perhaps submit to Donnie Walsh

LOL and then we are all set provided we can buyout Walsh and D'ant and bring in Isiah (10mil a year with a harassment bonus) to solidify our greatness.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer

is this a joke? lol
i don't think its worth giving turiaf up since we don't really have any other big men besides mozgov who's playing terrible as of late.

iSaYughh

Starter
is this a joke? lol
i don't think its worth giving turiaf up since we don't really have any other big men besides mozgov who's playing terrible as of late.

**** no, son. You're new here n to Knick nation. Watch enough games and you can see the intangibles that a white hustler like Lee brings to the table. As good and talented as Amare is, he can never have "it".

We would be blessed, like Santa himself descending from the sky and putting a red dildo into the Warrior franchise, if we could convince them to take STAT off our hands for Lee. At this point, it would likely take returning Turiaf and getting Azzy healthy and sending him, too.