If amare goes down in an injury for 20 games.....what is the knicks record?

Toons

is the Bo$$
We need carmelo anthony
we have no good draft picks
melo can carry the team if amare gets the flu, twists an ankle, has any injury

without amare and another top scorer, in 20 games this season

knicks are

4-16

Toons

is the Bo$$
are you awake, Denver is not dealing Carmelo to the Knicks.

melo is not the point, the point is, if amare misses major time....what do you think the knicks record would be in 20 games. We are riding this guy pretty hard.

And its not about denver, its about melo, he holds the keys in this scenario

exactly, the way Stat is being used, we will be in deep shit if he goes down. Great teams never put themselves into that situation. Theres always a secound option to lean on until the 1st option returns to line up. Who is the next guy that will lead our team? Every championship team had 2 or more elite players, thats the winning formula. Right now The Knicks brass is just hoping the games will be entertaining enough for the fans to watch, phuck that....I want to win...I can watch a good game of BBall anywhere in this city...and I don't have to pay a grip to do so.

Kiyaman

Legend
If Amare miss 20 games the Knicks organization is in deep-deep trouble
b/c Walsh will be force to make one of his stupid-ass trades which will
cripple the Knicks with a flawed picky-picky headcoach Damnphony.
After Walsh last 6 trades I'm afraid of another one.
:crossfingers:
The loss to the Cavs showed us what we need the most this season,
and it damn sure aint Carmelo Anthony.
Varejao did not break a sweat defending Amare. Varejao locked Amare up
better than the Heats tripple-team, plus scored 14 pts, grabbed 17 rbds,
and blocked 4 shots commiting only 3 fouls.
I guess Varejao learned alot from playing great ball next to teammates
Big-Ben, Big-Z, Shaq, Jamison, and Lebron James in the frontcourt.
I could imagine Varejao in a Knick uniform telling coach Dantoni & Amare
to "STFU" and stick to scoring while I take care of all the rest.

P.S. Do anyone recall what happen in the Miami Game when coach
Damnphony finally benched both Amare & Felton in the first half of
the game being down by 13 points in the 2nd quarter? well, PG-Toney
Douglas got his first chance this season to show how effective his
defense & playmaking skills work with the lineup of Fields/ Gallo/ Chandler/
and S.Williams, end result leaded to a Knick/Heat tie score at halftime.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
This is what I've been worried about for a while, which was why I was for Trading for Melo. Now the Nets are rumored to get him, still don't completely believe he's going or staying. It is so disturbing don't even want to think Amare getting injured. People have to step up from the bench, but those are big shoes to fill.

Without Amare the Knicks will most likely lose to any team above .500 and win half the games with the teams below it.

legend33

Rookie
We don't need Melo per say, but rather a 2nd scorer who can create his own shot.

That doesn't necessarily mean Melo buddy, and considering his average defense, and considering he'd put us in cap hell with 2 massive contracts (look how hard Lewis was to trade, and yes I realize Amare is much better but still)...you can easily get someone like Maggette, Jackson, Ellis, Iggy, Wallace, w/e you know?

Much much cheaper if it has to be...

la2ny

Starter
I thought about this myself and tbh idk.
I even thought they might even go 1-19 or 0-20,but they're not that bad i'd say 2-18 would be best depending on the part of the schedule.If it's January well the 1-19 or 0-20 might be reality.

metrocard

Legend
If Amare miss 20 games the Knicks organization is in deep-deep trouble
b/c Walsh will be force to make one of his stupid-ass trades which will
cripple the Knicks with a flawed picky-picky headcoach Damnphony.
After Walsh last 6 trades I'm afraid of another one.
:crossfingers:
The loss to the Cavs showed us what we need the most this season,
and it damn sure aint Carmelo Anthony.
Varejao did not break a sweat defending Amare. Varejao locked Amare up
better than the Heats tripple-team, plus scored 14 pts, grabbed 17 rbds,
and blocked 4 shots commiting only 3 fouls.
I guess Varejao learned alot from playing great ball next to teammates
Big-Ben, Big-Z, Shaq, Jamison, and Lebron James in the frontcourt.
I could imagine Varejao in a Knick uniform telling coach Dantoni & Amare
to "STFU" and stick to scoring while I take care of all the rest.

P.S. Do anyone recall what happen in the Miami Game when coach
Damnphony finally benched both Amare & Felton in the first half of
the game being down by 13 points in the 2nd quarter? well, PG-Toney
Douglas got his first chance this season to show how effective his
defense & playmaking skills work with the lineup of Fields/ Gallo/ Chandler/
and S.Williams, end result leaded to a Knick/Heat tie score at halftime.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

Shock post.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
i wouldnt say 2-18 lmao. maybe 7-13 6-12.......... def need a second scorer. melo wants to be here i hope we land him at some point. but untill then we need a second scorer asap. Its not the fact we lost to the cavs. Whenever we play a team with a good defensive BIG we are going to be in trouble. Kiyaman is so right about Varejao.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
What would happen to 90% of the teams who lose their franchise player for an extended period of time? It's obvious that we would struggle badly and probably miss the playoffs.

la2ny

Starter
i wouldnt say 2-18 lmao. maybe 7-13 6-12.......... def need a second scorer. melo wants to be here i hope we land him at some point. but untill then we need a second scorer asap. Its not the fact we lost to the cavs. Whenever we play a team with a good defensive BIG we are going to be in trouble. Kiyaman is so right about Varejao.
actually I do mean 2-18 or 3-17. dont believe me look at this,lets say he got injured against OKC tommorow heres the next 20 games:

Chi
@ Mia
@ Orl
Ind
Sas
@ Phx
@ LA
@ Por
@ Uth
Sac
Phx
@ Hou
@ Sas
@ Okc
Was
Mia
@ Atl
Det
Dal
@ Phi

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
actually I do mean 2-18 or 3-17. dont believe me look at this,lets say he got injured against OKC tommorow heres the next 20 games:

Chi
@ Mia
@ Orl
Ind
Sas
@ Phx
@ LA
@ Por
@ Uth
Sac
Phx
@ Hou
@ Sas
@ Okc
Was
Mia
@ Atl
Det
Dal
@ Phi
Oh man That is a tough schedule, If galli and chandler or fields don't step up we're in Big trouble. This is why we need a second consistant scorer. But if not Carmelo Than who ? That's the million dollar question.

welcometonycity

Rotation player

Chi
@ Mia
@ Orl
Ind
Sas
@ Phx
@ LA
@ Por
@ Uth
Sac
Phx
@ Hou
@ Sas
@ Okc
Was
Mia
@ Atl
Det
Dal
@ Phi

your right in a way. but a nba team is a nba team and anyone can win on any given night. NOWAY they get just 2 wins without amare. Amare is are team. BUT 2 wins?!?!?! cmon bro. thats a tuff ass schedule but 2 wins ur the gass man of the year. its all about matchups, and when we are hitting threes we are lights out.i definetly agree on needing a second big time scorer tho.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
What would happen to 90% of the teams who lose their franchise player for an extended period of time? It's obvious that we would struggle badly and probably miss the playoffs.

^^ ya.

What happens if Amare goes down...Walsh speed dials the Russians and asks for a mulligan, offering Chandler, AR, Fields, a 1st, a large Garden fries and a pw to a WikiLeaks mirror site for 'Melo..

Toons

is the Bo$$

90% lets not be stupid here

all of the elite teams can go at least .500 if they lose One of their main players.