iJoe

Rotation player
His shooting percentage on the Suns.... 0.235
His career? 0.372

Lets wake up...
My man Smac said it best;

Many teams need hustle and rebounding

He played well for us in 7 total games

Hes about to be 30 years old and his NBA career is highlighted by a 7 game stretch with us during a period when we were not even competing for anything other than a lower draft pick to give to Utah

Can we stop overrating this bum like hes going to help much?

This guy has been in and out of the NBA for years now, cant stick with nobody. Its time we look elsewhere and give somebody else a shot. I much rather have Mozgov out there developing than this dude.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ agree. Moz is our man unless traded for a pick.

But I don't see why we don't sign The Barron on the cheap and try to re-create that 7game magic.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
quiggle
Superstar

With threads like these, no wonder your rep is at 0 :lol:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Why Barron when Mozgov is better, younger, etc.

Earl Barron had a good stretch of 7 games and all of a sudden everyone was overrating him as being a solid starting center, myself included.

Big mistake, I think.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Just a question. I understand that Earl only played good in 7 games, keep this in mind he was playing with David Lee while he was able to get those board numbers.

Also how would adding somone that is not going to cost us anything against the cap next year going to hurt us. Has Moz or Ronny put up those type of numbers for us at any point this year. I say sign him and give us some more depth so Amare wont get burnt out by March.

quiggle

Starter
quiggle
Superstar

With threads like these, no wonder your rep is at 0 :lol:

nah man dont get it twisted, i had mad postive rep more than you but then everyone here gave me neg for the thread I made and it's back at zero now

moneyg

Starter
for the sake of amare health.. i would do it

we would probably have to waive rautins on mason jr...

too bad we need curry's expiring for a potential trade.. cuz i would surely send him to mcdonalds

Kiyaman

Legend
His shooting percentage on the Suns.... 0.235
His career? 0.372

Lets wake up...
My man Smac said it best;

Many teams need hustle and rebounding

He played well for us in 7 total games

Hes about to be 30 years old and his NBA career is highlighted by a 7 game stretch with us during a period when we were not even competing for anything other than a lower draft pick to give to Utah

Can we stop overrating this bum like hes going to help much?

This guy has been in and out of the NBA for years now, cant stick with nobody. Its time we look elsewhere and give somebody else a shot. I much rather have Mozgov out there developing than this dude.

I have to disagree with u
In the 7 games with the Knicks, it was not about Barron's scoring or
rebounding it was about his movement/ position/ and high IQ as a tandem-
bigman in the frontcourt on both sides of the court. Earl Barron presence on
court in all 7 games took a large load of pressure off of his 4 teammates, to
change the entire outlook of the Knick team by allowing David Lee to strong-
arm at the PF, plus allowing Gallo to put all his attention to blossom at the SF.
Recall.... Chandler & Harrington were out with injuries.

The 30 year old Earl Barron has alot of experience at performing at the
center position in the NBA, which is more than anyone can mention about
Mozgov, Randolph, Turiaf, and Dantoni's bigman teaching.
u dont have to teach Earl Barron how to position himself on offense/defense
as a NBA "center", his movements on court will become a big asset
when tandem with Amare, plus help bigtime in the developement of
Mozgov & Randolph.

Earl Barron is the center u would put in a lineup with any of the top-10 PF
in the NBA to do all the dirty work for 18 to 24 mpg.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
arm at the PF, plus allowing Gallo to put all his attention to blossom at the SF.

when tandem with Amare, plus help bigtime in the develope
ment of
Mozgov & Randolph.

He couldn't even beat out Channing Frye....

iJoe

Rotation player

when tandem with Amare, plus help bigtime in the developement of
Mozgov & Randolph.

and here I was thinking that theres an Earl Barron post with no Kiyaman!!! :teeth::teeth:

Like you said, he's 30 years old and has had a great 7 game stretch for us. 7 meaningless games where you're feeling good and hot and the game is coming naturally. You really haven't seen the practices or how he performs on a regular basis. There are a lot of mediocre players who put up big numbers on meaningless games towards the end of the season. Theres no pressure anymore and they want to show they can get a contract for next season.

Lets face the facts though, he's getting old... he shoots a career low percentage especially for a big man, and nobody else in the league wants him! Even Orlando who desperately needs a big man to backup Howard said they weren't going to pick him up. We need to develop a young big or trade for one.

Right now I'd say develop Mosgov over Barron. Guy wasn't even a big minute player in Europe.... you can't expect him to learn all the nuances of an NBA game in less than half a season. At the very least, he'll be better trade bait. I can't justify getting Barron for the very small chance he'll improve the team slightly and only for short term gain.

iSaYughh

Starter
He couldn't even beat out Channing Frye....

Hey now, Channing strokes it from the three like a 15yr old who cracked the code for the Playboy Channel.

A bit spazzy, but the furious frequency gets the job done.

Frye plus like Glen Davis or Perkins...or Varajejo...Would actually be a perfect tandem of bigs to log time at the 4/5 behind Amare and our small rotation of Chandler/gallo at pf.

johnstarky

Rotation player
If there is any big man that I want the Knicks to acquire before the trade deadline it has to be Anderson Varejao.I'm not sure what the Knicks would have to give up in order to acquire him but you add him to a front court that has Turiaf, Mosgov and Stoudemire and the Knicks could be able to beat teams like the Celtics and Magic.I'd rather the Knicks trade for him than for Iguodala.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If there is any big man that I want the Knicks to acquire before the trade deadline it has to be Anderson Varejao.I'm not sure what the Knicks would have to give up in order to acquire him but you add him to a front court that has Turiaf, Mosgov and Stoudemire and the Knicks could be able to beat teams like the Celtics and Magic.I'd rather the Knicks trade for him than for Iguodala.
Agreed. How much is he making though?

johnstarky

Rotation player
Hmmmm Well I like how he plays of what I've seen of him. I hope he'd find the chemistry within this team (which Felton might be the key in).

I'm not sure if trading for Varejao will affect the Knicks' chances of signing Anthony if he is a free agent this summer.The Knicks would probably have to dump salary in order to have a team that consists of Stoudemire,Anthony, Felton and Varejao.I wouldn't mind the Knicks signing Kendrick Perkins after this season if it will increase their chances of signing Anthony.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm not sure if trading for Varejao will affect the Knicks' chances of signing Anthony if he is a free agent this summer.The Knicks would probably have to dump salary in order to have a team that consists of Stoudemire,Anthony, Felton and Varejao.I wouldn't mind the Knicks signing Kendrick Perkins after this season if it will increase their chances of signing Anthony.
Well we DO need a center. I'm not worried about Anthony. I just hope we'd have enough money to get enough pieces. Anthony would be great, but filling up the other needed positions with significant results could be better.