Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading around this board for awhile and I must tell you Metro that you are the biggest moron on this board by far. Just because you supposedly predicted that the Isiah situation wouldn't work doesn't mean that you are right about everything.

Melo is one of the best scorers in the NBA and it would be nice to stop chucking up threes all the time. Yes we have been making them but wouldnt it be nice to establish a nice mid range game too? Trading Melo for Gallo and Randolph and a few more pieces is NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. Get over yourself and support trading for Melo because it WILL happen. Melo will be the second option to Amare not the 4th. Your smoking some real good shit i guess.

Lol @ you lurking for 4years C'mon son you made an alt account JimChief that you?

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I tried to read this thread, but the poor grammar, lack of punctuation

&

having to look at Eddy Curry's face on a fat woman's body over and over again

gave me too much of a headache.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
This thread is classic! Metrotard will be defending this one for years! I'm not the only one tired of his sorry ass, half the forums are tired of this punk and his girlfriend KingLoserbury. Everyday a new member logs on cuz he can't take the idiotic statements from him anymore. It's funny, how Metro resembles his favorite player Marbury. Dude is a cancer, and the sooner he leaves the better the forum will be for it.

But Metrofraud's delusional mind and fragile self esteem somehow twists the attacks and the verbal smackdown's he receives daily into a positive... No number of pity rep points from your girlfriend KingStarbury can change the fact you are the worst poster in KO history and watching you get angry and defensive is almost as fulfilling as how good the team is playing. Keep the hits coming Metro :)!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thanks for lurking for four years and finally deciding to come out the closet. Gay no?
I'm right about mostly everything.
We don't need scoring, thats all Melo is you idiot.
Who told you it will happen? You're an idiot.
You are a good admire, awful poster. Go back to lurking.

Your keyboard seems to be working pretty good..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
And.. lol at u for saying your "right about mostly everything". That's a douchebag-quotable right there if I ever saw one. Stop dude. This thread is a complete abortion.

You should take a break from posting for a while..

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
exactly.

Most of the guys on here know that great players figure it out.I said it before,I think some of the guys on here are pretty much shell shocked from the bad years.Don't want to lose the good.A Center,granted it's what we need, can be had down the road.You fill in your team after your core is set.This team's core can't be set especially if you have a chance to add a player of his caliber w/o losing a heap of your team. Idc who trys to tell me otherwise in no way shape or form do they think OJ Mayo,Marc Gasol,Glen Davis or any other servicable role player will make us contend with Miami or any TRUE title worthy team.
That team will also not be an attractive destination for any free agents willing to ring chase for less because they know they have no chance of getting past the better teams.I mean this is what it comes down to.

Would you want to go to: Chicago-D.Rose(3rd best pg in the NBA),Boozer(top 5 PF), and Joakim Noah(top 5 Center)
Miami-LBJ(reigning MVP),D.Wade(arguably best SG in NBA),C.Bosh(top 5 pf)
or us when were pretty much at best a little better then Atlanta.

Allen Iverson never figured it out

So Melo joins the Knicks and all of a sudden develops a 3 point shot, more efficient shooting, and learns how to run screens, catch and shoot, play off-ball instead of iso? You are asking him to change his entire game.

Miami figured it out? James is still playing like James and Wade is still playing like Wade. The system was changed to suit them, they did not change for the system. James is NOT an off ball player anymore which was how it all started in the beginning of the season.

If Melo comes here we need another coach that runs something else.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

So Melo joins the Knicks and all of a sudden develops a 3 point shot, more efficient shooting, and learns how to run screens, catch and shoot, play off-ball instead of iso? You are asking him to change his entire game.

Miami figured it out? James is still playing like James and Wade is still playing like Wade. The system was changed to suit them, they did not change for the system. James is NOT an off ball player anymore which was how it all started in the beginning of the season.

With the exception of shooting more efficiently, Melo can do all of the things your questioning, that our offense requires.

Carmelo Anthony is a smart offensive player. He understands the importance of spacing and is a willing passer. He would move the ball to the open man in our offense. It would be luxury for him to utilize the system more than to constently have to get his offense from isos like he does in Denver. He also shoots the three w effortless ease, tho obviously he's not the most accurate. He can play off ball and he'd particularly good as the screener in our pick and roll when Amare's not in the game. He could also do alot of things coming off the pick. He could be very creative in those situations. Melo would be fine in our SSOL system. He would just have to get used to playing w Amare and Felt, get the timing down and so on.. He would be really good in this offense.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Metro

Metro's perspective is often unique and contrarion. He is controversial, combatively confrontational and given to hyperbole. But he is definitely no fool. His basic point in this thread is that our offense is fine. Melo provides plenty of offense, but little else. That is a legitimate point.

I would love to have Melo as a free agent and I can accept giving up any one of Gallinari, Chandler and Fields. But not two of them.

And if we get him, i have some concerns about chemistry. We have two and perhaps three alpha males in Amar'e, Felton and Chandler. Chandler's demeanor may not show it, but his actions do. Melo is definitely an alpha male. Amar'e is thriving as the team's unquestioned leader. Will we diminish some of that with Melo seeking to share, or dominate, the spotlight? I am not sure either is used to second position.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Metro's perspective is often unique and contrarion. He is controversial, combatively confrontational and given to hyperbole. But he is definitely no fool. His basic point in this thread is that our offense is fine. Melo provides plenty of offense, but little else. That is a legitimate point.

I would love to have Melo as a free agent and I can accept giving up any one of Gallinari, Chandler and Fields. But not two of them.

And if we get him, i have some concerns about chemistry. We have two and perhaps three alpha males in Amar'e, Felton and Chandler. Chandler's demeanor may not show it, but his actions do. Melo is definitely an alpha male. Amar'e is thriving as the team's unquestioned leader. Will we diminish some of that with Melo seeking to share, or dominate, the spotlight? I am not sure either is used to second position.

He said Carmelo Anthony would be the 4th best player on our team oldtimer. That is a foolish comment that he has been reluctant thus far to explain to the forum. And he keeps blaming his keyboard.., but then he'll post something. Lame.

la2ny

Starter

So now Allen Iverson is a 6'8 230lbs Sf? They are two different players and people.

Melo's 3-point shooting can improve just like Wilsons did. Why do you guys just act like its impossible.Melo has to take percentage busters when the clock runs down on that team.Who on Denver besides him can draw a double team? Defenses are focused on him 85% of the time which leads to you having to take tough shots because they force you to do it. When you pass to your teammates and they cant make buckets then you have to take it upon yourself. Kobe gets penalized a buttload for it all the time because alot of games Pau just dissappears into a cremepuff and no one can hit a shot.
Melo can run a pick and roll,that is complete horse crap and Melo does play off ball because thats how he gets alot of shots off of down screens and working for post position. Lebron's Offensive game is actually more limited than Melo's so this whole concept he can't play with this team isn't accurate im sorry.

Posted these because this is all brought to you by Mr.Mike D....

Yes Miami figured it out. They were a new team, they had to grow w/ each other. They didn't want 2 step on each others toes so you saw alot of just standing around letting each other iso. Problem with that is it actually takes the threat of having these great players off the floor because the D can zero in on the ball. Now they actually move off the ball and try to get in transition which is the best for them considering you have Wade and James.

Lastly as I said in another thread, who's to say D'antoni is here for the long run? Because I don't see it. It's nice watching this team,they are fun to watch, but truthfully it just doesn't work on great defensive teams when they can examine everything day in day out in a playoff series. Not only that it also causes us to lose games we probably would'nt lose if we weren't jacking up 3's.

metrocard

Legend
Your keyboard seems to be working pretty good..

I hae to copy and dag alot o keys.

You ae just eally stupid, aent you? SMH.

You = obsessed with me.

Thanks.

iSaYughh

Starter
...since when is Carmelo not a good off the ball player?

Since Never.

Felton and Chandler have always been bad 3pt shooters. It's a skill you work on. Think one of the best scorers in the game could improve?

Most important: oc Melo's 3 shot will be particularly bad; like la2ny said, he gets Kobe-treatment and when you're taking tons of tough shots and shouldering an offense, oc the lowest % of shots to begin with that is predicated on good looks will take a big hit.

People questioning his toughness or leadership? smh guys. Led syracuse to a title as a freshmen; consistent leader in NBA in game winners/buzzer beaters. Has destroyed teams in playoffs single handedly -- like Amare to the Lakers when he couldn't be stopped.

This is all especially funny since Amare had 1000x as many defense/leadership/attitude red flags, with many less examples to be confident of in those areas than Melo.

Moreover, a biggest need right now -- particularly up front -- is rebounding. Which Melo excels at. He is also a competent passer, which never hurts in this offense.

To the points about We Don't Need More Offense. It's a fallacy rooted in truth. Ideally, we would love Dennis Rodman. But added offense is no better or worse than added defense.

You just want to boost expected point differential and intangibles like closing out games.

Melo adding offense doesn't mean we reduce defense. The added points of Melo are just as valuable as added point differential if "Melo" didn't add of subtract from offense, but boosted defense.

You don't get points for being pretty in the NBA. You just score more points and increase your differential.

There's no such thing as enough offense or enough defense, really. When you can add to one you likely do it; when you can really add to one and not sacrifice much or at all from the other, you definitely want to do it.

Financially speaking, it's a win, too. Walsh is going after another max contract. We would have given one to Joe Johnson if HE had wanted us. Melo will not be "overpaid" in any way to the market, and he ensures we don't make a riskier move on a max going forward.

He's 26, and in solid health. Longterm, as Amare begins a slow decline, Melo will still be in prime helping us still contend and setting us up for a smooth transition to a new era of being contenders.

Adding him is all-around win. oc it's predicated on a GOOD trade. If we truly gut the team you have to seriously question it. But that is a total unknown.

Chandler, Douglas, and two other 1sts from trading AR and buying a pick or trading Turiaf to ORL for one (who btw is 5M to our cap). I would put that deal in the sweet spot of liklihood and what wouldn't be a rape to any party.

I'd leave us with Rupaul's last second, game winner that iced us.

That is precisely the dimension Melo brings to us, and what we would be doing to other teams.

*not to mention Melo would have been the one blanketing Rupaul and other teams' finishers in such spots to begin with.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Oldtimer hit a nail on head about "hyperbole", btw. Malcolm X was the definition of hyperbole, and why he's so much more disliked and controversial, even hated, than MLK. Not that im making a direct comparison, lol...But hyperbole sets you up for big fail or big success by the nature of it.

I deeply disagree w Melo's devaluation into being Glenn Robinson-light, and not a 1b/2 option for us. But I was persuaded into being outright against Melo following the Celtic game; and I had a burning rage to build up w our current squad and crush next year.

Still clearly prefer Melo at end of day, now that my jets have cooled from our BOS battle. But we have good hope either way; regardless of which KO camp is wrong, tbh. :cool:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Please stop with the Olympic comparisons. He was with a team of super/all stars and coached by K.

Keep it NBA. If Melo comes to the Knicks he will not be surrounded by the best talent in the league and coach K.

La2ny I was not comparing AI to Melo as the kind of player they are, I was countering your point that you said stars figure it out, and AI clearly never figured it out.

Ronoranina, you said he can do all the things I stated except maybe 3point shooting, but yet he really does not do those things on the Nuggets. So how do we know he can do those things consistently and efficiently as our system dictates?

His offensive genius is due to his skills of a post player and breaking down guys one on one. This is something he has been doing his entire career including college. That is not the offense we run. Just because he is great at those things does not mean he can do all the other things well.

Case in point, Lebron James is a horrible off ball player. Miami changed things up before their big run and he doesn't play off ball anymore. Lebron is a very talented player BUT yet he could not play off ball.

Melo has a lot of great skills, but hitting that three and being efficient are things he cannot OR does not do. What guarantee do we have that says he will all of a sudden pick it up? Because in his NBA career he certainly has not done that.

Until I see him doing those things we need him to do to fit this system, I'll believe it.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Please stop with the Olympic comparisons. He was with a team of super/all stars and coached by K.

Keep it NBA. If Melo comes to the Knicks he will not be surrounded by the best talent in the league and coach K.

La2ny I was not comparing AI to Melo as the kind of player they are, I was countering your point that you said stars figure it out, and AI clearly never figured it out.

Ronoranina, you said he can do all the things I stated except maybe 3point shooting, but yet he really does not do those things on the Nuggets. So how do we know he can do those things consistently and efficiently as our system dictates?

His offensive genius is due to his skills of a post player and breaking down guys one on one. This is something he has been doing his entire career including college. That is not the offense we run. Just because he is great at those things does not mean he can do all the other things well.

Case in point, Lebron James is a horrible off ball player. Miami changed things up before their big run and he doesn't play off ball anymore. Lebron is a very talented player BUT yet he could not play off ball.

Melo has a lot of great skills, but hitting that three and being efficient are things he cannot OR does not do. What guarantee do we have that says he will all of a sudden pick it up? Because in his NBA career he certainly has not done that.

Until I see him doing those things we need him to do to fit this system, I'll believe it.

Well said.
:gony:

Am i the only one that thinks we should just get Varejao and Gibson and if we're lucky possibly Mayo as well?Getting Carmelo would mean getting rid of Chandler,Gallinari,or Fields and thats just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.