BEFORE YOU READ THIS THREAD.....

Click above & vote!!!

jpzthread.png

Date: December 25, 2010
Time: 12:00 PM ET ( Merry Christmas)
Location-Madison Square Garden
TV: ESPN, MSG

front.jpg

Good morning folks!! Merry Christmas, it is time for Knicks basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Jpz17 and I'll guide you through yet another Knicksonline Pre-Game show. This is a special edition, featuring several youtube videos, outsider opinions, brand new avatars, more stats, and more STAT!

recapLogo.gif

Game Preview
The New York Knicks caught the Chicago Bulls without one of their star big men in an impressive victory at the United Center last month.
The Bulls will be without another front-court stalwart for the rematch, but with Carlos Boozer back it might not matter.
Joakim Noah is now sidelined but Boozer is rounding into form after his injury-delayed debut, and he'll look to lead the Bulls to their 10th win in 11 games when they visit Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks on Christmas afternoon.
New York (17-12) attempts a league-high 24.8 3-pointers -- a pattern it established from the start of the season. The Knicks made 16 -- five by Tony Douglas en route to a career-high 30 points -- of 24 from beyond the arc in Chicago on Nov. 4. Danilo Gallinari and Raymond Felton added four 3-pointers apiece in New York's 120-112 victory.
That loss is still the season high in points allowed for Chicago (18-9), which lately has been holding opponents well below triple digits. The Bulls suffered ugly losses in Boozer's first two games back from a broken right hand, but have since won nine of 10 while allowing 87.7 points per game despite Noah's absence due to thumb surgery.
That defense certainly made the difference Wednesday at Washington. Chicago held the Wizards to 47 points over the final three quarters while Boozer finished with 30 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in an 87-80 victory.
Boozer is averaging averaged 21.2 points and 9.7 rebounds over the last 10 games.
"It's amazing that he's doing what he's doing," coach Tom Thibodeau said. "He's still working himself into shape. His legs aren't under him yet in his timing."
Stoudemire and the Knicks went through their own seemingly unstoppable stretch, a 13-1 run Nov. 17-Dec. 12 that concluded with the first eight of Stoudemire's nine straight games with at least 30 points.
He hasn't reached 25 in his last three contests, but New York was simply happy to put an end to its three-game slide Wednesday against Oklahoma City. Stoudemire scored 23 points to lead six Knicks in double figures in a 112-98 win.
"It was a tough week," Stoudemire said. "We were fatigued, we were tired. Honestly we were. So I think (Wednesday) showed that we got enough rest and we played with a lot of energy. We have a tough week still ahead of us, but we're starting off right."
Stoudemire was one of the few Knicks that had a rough night during the first meeting with the Bulls. He tied a season low with 14 points, missing 16 of 21 shots while committing eight turnovers.
This is the third meeting between New York and Chicago on Christmas, and the first since 1994 -- the second year of Michael Jordan's baseball hiatus.
Jordan certainly enjoyed facing the Knicks during the teams' heated rivalry in the early '90s, and the Bulls' current superstar seems to share those feelings. Derrick Rose has averaged 26.5 points and shot 58.7 percent in his last four meetings with New York.
The Knicks also need to do a better job defending Luol Deng. Chicago's small forward has averaged 20.8 points against New York since the 2007-08 season -- his most against any Eastern Conference opponent.
Last game's highlights

Knicks vs Bulls last game highlights

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Did you know?
  • Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was an assistant with the Knicks from Jul. 8, 1996 to May 2, 2003
  • Bulls forward Luol Deng was drafted by the Mike D?Antoni?s Phoenix Suns seventh overall in the 2004 NBA Draft and then traded to Chicago for a future conditional first round pick
  • Bulls assistant coach Rick Brunson played for New York from 1998-2001. He averaged 1.6 points in 69 regular-season games and 0.6 points in 14 postseason contests. He signed with the club as a free agent on Oct. 23, 1997
  • Bill Walker and Bulls forward/center Brian Scalabrine played together for two season with the Boston Celtics (2008-2010). Tom Thibodeau was their assistant coach
  • Bulls assistant coach and Manhattan native Andy Greer served as assistant coach for the Knicks under Don Chaney during the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons
  • This will mark New York?s second consecutive Christmas Day game and the 46th game on the holiday in franchise history. They are 20-25 all-time on Christmas and 19-19 at home. They lead the NBA in Christmas Day appearances, beginning on Christmas Day 1947 when they defeated Providence 89-75 behind Tommy Byrnes 20 points.
  • [FONT=&quot]On December 25, 1960 the Knicks suffered their worst lost in franchise history, losing 162-100 to Syracuse.[/FONT]
ap-9245157c53a34220b93dd5de23da1b19.jpg

SERIES HISTORY
Overall Record 94-104
Home Record 55-38
MSG IV Record 52-38
Road Record 34-64
United Center Record 7-24
Neutral Record 5-2

NBA STANDINGS ? LAST 10 GAMES
RANK TEAM RECORD
1 Boston 10-0 (1.000)
2t San Antonio 9-1 (.9000)
2t Dallas 9-1 (.900)
2t Miami 9-1 (.900)
2t Chicago 9-1 (.900)
6 LA Lakers 8-2 (.800)
7t New York 7-3 (.700)
7t Three Others 7-3 (.700)

NBA TEAM LEADERS IN BLOCKED SHOTS
RANK TEAM GP BPG
1 Indiana 27 6.85
2 New York 29 6.66

NBA GUARD LEADERS IN REBOUNDING
RANK PLAYER, TEAM RPG
1 Landry Fields, NY 7.5

NBA LEADERS IN 3PM ? DECEMBER

PLAYER, TEAM GP 3PM
1. Daniel Gibson, CLE 12 31
2. Kevin Martin, HOU 12 30
3t. Wilson Chandler, NYK 10 27
3t. Derrick Rose, CHI 12 27
3t. Three Others 12 27

gallod.jpg

 Kelenna Azubuike?s last name means ?the past is your strength? in Igbo.
 Wilson Chandler has many nicknames: Will, Ill Will, Kill at Will, Will The Thrill, Willie Blanco, Willie McFly.
 Mike D?Antoni appeared in three games as an NBA player in Madison Square Garden, twice with Kansas City and once with San Antonio. He scored a total of five points in 37 minutes.
 Toney Douglas? brother Harry is a wide receiver for the Atlanta Falcons. According to Elias Sports Bureau, the Douglas brothers are at least the sixth set of siblings to play in the NBA and the NFL. They are the first duo since the Burleson?s, Kevin (NBA) and Nate (NFL), suited up for the Charlotte Bobcats and Minnesota Vikings in 2005-06.
 Raymond Felton played AAU basketball for Beach Ball Select in South Carolina for three summers under Knicks assistant coach Dan D?Antoni.
 Raymond Felton and Amar?e Stoudemire were teammates on the Eastern squad in the 2002 McDonald?s All-American game played at Madison Square Garden. Stoudemire recorded 10 points and seven rebounds and Felton added five points in the 138-107 win.

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION

Knicks- 111
NewYork.png

Bulls- 106
Chicago.png

When do I ever predict a lose? I don't... The Knicks will win this one because of an amazing performance by Amar'e. Expect 30-40 points by STAT on Christmas day. What a nice Christmas gift!

ap-0599afe95e604e6aa41c4cc2646a371e.jpg

Opinions
rady.png

It's Christmas time and the Knicks have always had memorable games on this special day.

The Bulls have won 9 of their last 10 games but they also had an easy schedule - just like the Knicks had when they went 13-1 - the most important result being the win against the Lakers at home. It's going to be a tough matchup between similar teams, but the Knicks can pull their second win against the Bulls this season, if they can guard Rose and Boozer. Or score 120 points. We did it on their court, we should be able to repeat at MSG.
pricey.png

i believe New York will get the job done against Chicago on Xmas day. Last time out against Chicago we shooted the lights out and i can see us doing this again.
Rose vs Felton and Amare vs Boozer will be great to watch. Since the last game in Chicago Boozer has come into the side but they are now without Noah while the Knicks have stayed injury free and are gelling quite nicely.

I expect Amare to have a big game and i can see Gallo putting up 20pts plus.

Knicks by 6
Ignorant
oppontent.png

Rose's first 40+ game.
The Bulls should get enough possessions to put Rose or Deng over 40.
Thomas should be able to frustrate STAT enough, Bulls win 111-101
I'd like to see alot of Taj on Amare. he did a great job last game. Hopefully Knicks won't decide to shoot the crap out of the ball this time. I also expect Thibs to make some adjustments. He always does.
Injury Report:
OUT: Joakim Noah
OUT: Taj Gibson

Last 5 Games

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left;" width="30%">Chicago</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: left;" width="30%">New York</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr valign="top"> <td style="text-align: left;">Dec 22 @WSH Win 87-80
Dec 21 PHI Win 121-76
Dec 18 LAC Loss 100-99
Dec 15 @TOR Win 110-93
Dec 13 IND Win 92-73
</td> <td style="text-align: left;">Dec 22 OKC Win 112-98
Dec 18 @CLE Loss 109-102
Dec 17 MIA Loss 113-91
Dec 15 BOS Loss 118-116
Dec 12 DEN Win 129-125</td></tr></tbody></table>

Gameday Matchup

<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th> </th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">Chicago
</th><th style="border-bottom-color: rgb(34, 94, 168); text-align: right; line-height: 25px;" width="30%">New York
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">W-L</td><td style="text-align: right;">18-9</td><td style="text-align: right;">17-12</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points</td><td style="text-align: right;">100.4</td><td style="text-align: right;">108.1</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Avg Points Allowed</td><td style="text-align: right;">95.0</td><td style="text-align: right;">107.0</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Home Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">11-3</td><td style="text-align: right;">7-7</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Road Record</td><td style="text-align: right;">7-6</td><td style="text-align: right;">10-5</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: left;">Current Streak</td><td style="text-align: right;">W2</td><td style="text-align: right;">W1</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td style="text-align: left;">Last 10</td><td style="text-align: right;">9-1</td><td style="text-align: right;">7-3</td></tr></tbody></table>

xmaslineups.jpg

18.gif

2753.jpg
4274.jpg
3428.jpg
3194.jpg
1727.jpg

AT Guard Raymond Felton #2
AT Guard Landry Fields #6
AT Forward Danilo Gallinari #8
AT Forward Wilson Chandler #21
AT PF/C Amare Stoudemire #1

4.gif

Rose.png
Bogans-1.png
Deng.jpg
Boozer-1.png
KThomas.png

xmasmatchup.jpg

StoudemireBoozer.png

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????
color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer: STAT
ap-a3f051a7e4b34fbdac6aad01b946b328.jpg

Avatars: I made new avatars.. Here they are..
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

Screw you Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Johnson, Boozer, and whoever else thought somewhere else is better than New York
Go New York Knicksssss!
jpzthread.png

la2ny

Starter
Good Lord Man this is alot of info to process...I like it :thumbsup:

I wanted 2 do another thread but U have all the good games lol

nuckles2k2

Superstar
lol sorry man. didn't think about that... I doubt many from here are going though. bad expensive tickets I bet.

It's all good, I thought about selling my tickets but then I came to me senses, lol.

Nice thread tho, lots of good info here.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
5 Star Thread! Very impressive bro.

I think STAT is going to go on Boozer. With no Noah and Gibson there are no bigmen to contain him. Knicks win a close one imo.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Watching on ESPN because Verizon FIOS TV doesn't have MSG in HD (understandable...competitor, etc.).

Let's go KNICKS! Amar'e is going to eat Boozer ALIVE

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
god damn JPZ you dont play on these threads loll. sickest one yet. sorry i couldnt give you my feedback i had to cram work before the weekend lol..

i expect a win cause Noah is out and he's basically their defensive stopper. doesnt mean the buckets down low will come easy though. but damn im hyped for this game cant wait to watch it. i was mad we lost last year on christmas but im expecting us to win this year and beat the bulls(hit) again. STAT goes off.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This game should be a win for us...Amar'e is a better defensive player than Boozer (Amar'e, a better defender than someone? Goes to show how bad Boozer's defense is) and also a much better offensive player.

We'll need some strong play to contain Derrick Rose, though. Gonna be a tough, but we should be able to win as long as we take advantage of the tools we have (strong shooting, kicking the ball out, passing out of double teams).

CoolClyde

thread power

amazingly awesome thread jpzebra. so much info, it boggled my tiny mind!
i wasn't able to see new avatars you made... my bad?

gotta watch game on MSG just to hear Clyde of course.
if it's Breen and Herman Munster, might as well watch ESPN.
tripuke-amunster.jpg

smokin afro peace!
:smokin: - :afro: - :peace:
goknicksgoxmas!
:gony:

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
we should be able to edge this game out.. They really don't have any interior defense and Amar'e should go into beast mode today..

The energy in the crowd today should also help the Knicks prevail today...

KingCharles34

All Star
lol @ cool clydes tripuka-herman munster pics :lol:

Great game thread JPZ, 5 stars brehther

Its almost game times, lets scoop up these bullsh*ts and flush them down a toilet. Amarbury is gonna son the sh*t outta these clowns :beer: