Wilson Chandler's Trade Value

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
None of them are a go to guy. That's for sure. But, come on, Chandler's not a shooter. You know that.

Chandler doesn't take too many threes anymore and still makes a good percentage. Gallinari is streaky despite his good looking stroke. The guy who makes more shots is a better shooter. Could be lack of confidence, lack of motivation, whatever, but fact is Chandler has been shooting better this season.

Gallinari is not the shooter we hope he'd be as of now, which is like Steve Nash and Ray Allen. I rather he drive more even when he's shooting the three well.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Chandler doesn't take too many threes anymore and still makes a good percentage. Gallinari is streaky despite his good looking stroke. The guy who makes more shots is a better shooter. Could be lack of confidence, lack of motivation, whatever, but fact is Chandler has been shooting better this season.

Gallinari is not the shooter we hope he'd be as of now, which is like Steve Nash and Ray Allen. I rather he drive more even when he's shooting the three well.

You only have to see the mechanics (i'm not sure this is correct in english) to determine who's a shooter or not. Gallinari has a quick release and always look balanced. He's doing a 37%, wich is not bad at all considering he's de 8th player of the league with most threes made and 6th in attempted. Better than this season's Nash by the way.

Chandler has a 37% from the arc too, but converting some threes from a specific position (most of them from the corner) doesn't make you a
shooter. Otherwise, Bruce Bowen should be considered the gratest shooter of all times.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You only have to see the mechanics (i'm not sure this is correct in english) to determine who's a shooter or not. Gallinari has a quick release and always look balanced. He's doing a 37%, wich is not bad at all considering he's de 8th player of the league with most threes made and 6th in attempted. Better than this season's Nash by the way.

Chandler has a 37% from the arc too, but converting some threes from a specific position (most of them from the corner) doesn't make you a
shooter. Otherwise, Bruce Bowen should be considered the gratest shooter of all times.
Not saying Chandler is a shooter, but he's giving us good scoring consistently.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
D'Antoni's system is benefiting Chandler like it did too Marion and we saw what happened to Marion when he left that system. Also, Chandler is a free agent this year and if he continues to play like this for the rest of the season; he will warrant a pretty serious contract this off season. Trading him now will help the Knicks to maximize their return on his current market value. Then again, he might turn out to be the real deal.... That is the risk you take when you play the market. That's why Walsh makes the big money.....
I always viewed Chandler as a 6th man type of player. A 'tweener that can cover 3 positions and has a presence on the court.

Shawn Marion got old, Wilson will be Wilson no matter what system hes in.

iSaYughh

Starter
Shawn Marion got old, Wilson will be Wilson no matter what system hes in.

Right. He's also IN this system, which is ours; so no reason to devalue him for it. He's the same player. He's just being used well, and is being given more room and opportunity to grow and take translate his skills onto the court.

Not every player would be able to do so. Some would be retarded playing in this system. Some are.

MizzacNYC

Rookie

Mechanics do not matter all that much, look at Reggie Millers shot. It was ugly but very effective, 1 of the best shooters all time if not the best. Chandler is 12th with 3's made (59) and 11th attempted (157). He only trails Gallo by 2 makes and has shot less 3's. Also Chandler's not only hitting corner 3's which Gallo has more than his fair share of, but in fact Chandler's sweet spots are mainly from the top of the key and the wings. He's also pretty balanced as well on most of his attempts.

As far as your Bruce Bowen comment, 42% career from 3 is nothing to laugh at. And why knock a player that perfected an aspect of his game. If its the corner 3 so be it. Thats like saying Abdul-Jabar's :afro: hook shot wasn't enough but he leads the league in all time points with a hook shot.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Mechanics do not matter all that much, look at Reggie Millers shot. It was ugly but very effective, 1 of the best shooters all time if not the best. Chandler is 12th with 3's made (59) and 11th attempted (157). He only trails Gallo by 2 makes and has shot less 3's. Also Chandler's not only hitting corner 3's which Gallo has more than his fair share of, but in fact Chandler's sweet spots are mainly from the top of the key and the wings. He's also pretty balanced as well on most of his attempts.

As far as your Bruce Bowen comment, 42% career from 3 is nothing to laugh at. And why knock a player that perfected an aspect of his game. If its the corner 3 so be it. Thats like saying Abdul-Jabar's :afro: hook shot wasn't enough but he leads the league in all time points with a hook shot.

Have you just made a comparison between Bruce Bowen and Abdul Jabbar? :barf: Blasphemy! A little bit hyperbolic but i can see your point.

All this Wilson Chandler's not a shooter conversation started because i said Gallinari has a higher development ceiling. I don't hate Chandler, but IMO you give him too much love.

Wilson Chandler + Gallo+ Fiields >>>>> Melo

C'mon son

Also Wilson has a high ceiling if he keeps improving and stays in this systems he will be a better version of Joe Johnson with a little less 3pt shooting

MizzacNYC

Rookie
Have you just made a comparison between Bruce Bowen and Abdul Jabbar? :barf: Blasphemy! A little bit hyperbolic but i can see your point.

All this Wilson Chandler's not a shooter conversation started because i said Gallinari has a higher development ceiling. I don't hate Chandler, but IMO you give him too much love.

1st off yes I did compare Bowen's corner 3 to Jabar's hook shot. Both are weapons developed by each player that allowed them to thrive in the NBA. Also last I checked Bowen was a proven Champion with a career 3pt % Gallo or Chandler can only hope to achieve.

Now back to the topic, As far as love for Chandler, yes I have mad love for him but if you read my post I only stated facts. Fact is Chandler is basically equal to Gallo if not better statistically when it comes to 3pt shooting. Fact is statistically Chandler is a better defender than Gallo. Fact is they play the same mins. but Chandler's overall contribution is greater than Gallo's. Fact is Chandler performs more consistent than Gallo.

I think the 1 showing too much love is you Sir, for Gallo.

MizzacNYC

Rookie
Wilson Chandler + Gallo+ Fiields >>>>> Melo

C'mon son

Also Wilson has a high ceiling if he keeps improving and stays in this systems he will be a better version of Joe Johnson with a little less 3pt shooting

I think we should just wait it out. No trading the farm for Melo when he will come after the season.

Will is good but he doesn't and probably will never have the one on one ability of a Joe Johnson. Johnson can handle and create like a PG. Chandler's handle is a little scary to me at times, probably his biggest weakness.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think we should just wait it out. No trading the farm for Melo when he will come after the season.

Will is good but he doesn't and probably will never have the one on one ability of a Joe Johnson. Johnson can handle and create like a PG. Chandler's handle is a little scary to me at times, probably his biggest weakness.
Joe Johnson's contract is the scariest thing of all-time.

Joe is overrated ***** ain't worth the max

he is a 20 5 5 player

Chandler can be this so can gallo they just might not be as clutch Gallo maybe but not Chandler

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously, if Joe Johnson is worth a contract that big then Wilson Chandler has to be worth at least 12 million/year

I defy you to tell me that Wilson Chandler is really MUCH worse than a player like Rudy Gay...no, he's not...he's better offensively than Iguodala ffs...

MizzacNYC

Rookie
Joe is overrated ***** ain't worth the max

he is a 20 5 5 player

Chandler can be this so can gallo they just might not be as clutch Gallo maybe but not Chandler

Johnson's number are not that far outta reach of Chandler or Gallo at all. But his skill set is still greater than theirs' in the one on one. With secs. left and your in need of a bucket you give Johnson the ball and get outta his way, and live and die with that choice as a team.

Seriously, if Joe Johnson is worth a contract that big then Wilson Chandler has to be worth at least 12 million/year

I defy you to tell me that Wilson Chandler is really MUCH worse than a player like Rudy Gay...no, he's not...he's better offensively than Iguodala ffs...

Statistically no he's not any worst. But again the one on one aspect of the game is what gets these guys the big checks. They're not considered role players on thier respective teams. They're go to guys, give'em the ball and get out the way.

They are completely different players. Gallinari has a lot more potential than Wilson Chandler. He can create his own shots, he's a good passer, he can develop a whole bunch of aspects in his game that are coachable or come with experience. Do you have any doubt on which one is going to have a better career in the NBA in or out the Knicks?

I don't know what games you've been watching. But Gallo is no where near as talented as Wilson...and judging from what we have been witnessing, WC has improved each year and contributes big time for the Knicks...and he is still improving. Gallo hardly can grab a rebound, and always looses his handle. Gallos so call stroke is either non existant or inconsistant. Matter of fact...Gallos lack of help has been replaced by Shawne Williams. Wilson is even shooting better from beyound the arch then Gallo and thats not even his strength. Gallo is the sole person in the starting line up hurting the Knicks. He is not dependable, a hinderance and flops too much because he is a weak defender....while he's laying on the floor looking for a foul..we get scored on because he's not in the play. I see why he got a Mattress commercial...hes always slacking and laying down on the job. He is one of our biggest problems, our weakest link. This cannot logically be disputed. I challenge anyone to facts of why they think Gallo has more potential then Will the Thrill. This has been going on since this scrub joined the Knicks....Its all hype with no subtance. The Fan Fair should be over by now...

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I don't know what games you've been watching. But Gallo is no where near as talented as Wilson...and judging from what we have been witnessing, WC has improved each year and contributes big time for the Knicks...and he is still improving. Gallo hardly can grab a rebound, and always looses his handle. Gallos so call stroke is either non existant or inconsistant. Matter of fact...Gallos lack of help has been replaced by Shawne Williams. Wilson is even shooting better from beyound the arch then Gallo and thats not even his strength. Gallo is the sole person in the starting line up hurting the Knicks. He is not dependable, a hinderance and flops too much because he is a weak defender....while he's laying on the floor looking for a foul..we get scored on because he's not in the play. I see why he got a Mattress commercial...hes always slacking and laying down on the job. He is one of our biggest problems, our weakest link. This cannot logically be disputed. I challenge anyone to facts of why they think Gallo has more potential then Will the Thrill. This has been going on since this scrub joined the Knicks....Its all hype with no subtance. The Fan Fair should be over by now...

That's your opinion. Once again, it'll be fun to read this thread in 2 years and see who was more accurate. Now it's a like/dislike thing. Stats don't show too much for me. Even less in a team like the current Knicks with so much scoring. If you want to know my bet: Gallinari will have much better career than Wilson Chandler. But I could be wrong.

My confidence in Gallo it's not a matter of unconditional faith. Some of you try too hard to focus on his flaws. Gallinari current stats are nearly the same of Chandler's last season but you keep saying he's not a solid contributor. Maybe it's a matter of expectations. Maybe you expect more from Gallinari than you expected from Chandler. The fun thing is being that case you're telling me i'm right.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That's your opinion. Once again, it'll be fun to read this thread in 2 years and see who was more accurate. Now it's a like/dislike thing. Stats don't show too much for me. Even less in a team like the current Knicks with so much scoring. If you want to know my bet: Gallinari will have much better career than Wilson Chandler. But I could be wrong.

My confidence in Gallo it's not a matter of unconditional faith. Some of you try too hard to focus on his flaws. Gallinari current stats are nearly the same of Chandler's last season but you keep saying he's not a solid contributor. Maybe it's a matter of expectations. Maybe you expect more from Gallinari than you expected from Chandler. The fun thing is being that case you're telling me i'm right.
I'm not, and I don't think anybody is saying that Gallo will not be better that Chandler, Chandler's first three seasons have been similar to Gallo. One game very good/great, the next...not good. I think you're just looking too much into how smooth his shot goes in when he's on fire, or how sweet looking his passes are. Chandler got past the inconsistency, we don't know about Gallo. If it's your gut feeling, then fine, but otherwise I don't know why you think this.