Power Rankings

petescud

Starter
I see we are still getting no respect. Alright we lost to the Heat. So did everyone else that week. We lost a game we should had won to the Celtics by 2 points. Did the Celtics drop 10 positions cause they barely beat us the 2x we met this year......no........

We did beat Chicago 2x and they rank 3rd on ESPN...we are 14 and 17 on ESPN and Foxsports. Honestly, i think Amar'e and Capt Ray has us in position for the final 6 in the east. I'd die if we make the semi finals in the East. We aren't quitters anymore.

Just blowing off some steam

iJoe

Rotation player
You're definitely right about us not getting any respect.... Can't blame them too much since everyone still has the Isiah/Layden days imprinted in their memories.

At least we're rated number 10 by NBA.com/Yahoo which I think is much more in depth.
Power Ranking Link

I wish all the haters would stop with their whining. Most said that there was no way that we could be this good at this point. Hell a lot of people said they'd be happy with 50-50 and a last playoff spot. I love watching this team grow game by game. I honestly think I'd have more fun rooting for this team without adding some Media Star who wants to jump on the bandwagon now that we're winning.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the fact were still not getting respect is a good thing. Our players still feel they have something to prove and the whole team has taken that mentality and its showing were fighters and were clearly in the upper-echelon of the eastern conference already. The best type of superstar we could have is one whos playing with a chip on their shoulder, a la STAT. nobody in the media( or close to it ) gave him a chance without Nash and now their all on his dick the way he's been playing. Same with Felton those are our top 2 players and everyone virtually wrote them off, and the team has taken that mentality, let em keep doing that and we'll keep "sneaking" our way into a top 5 finish and everyone will be "shocked".

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean the Yahoo! ranking makes us the 5th best team in the Eastern Conference. Which I can live with. Rate us under the Bulls and Magic and Celtics and Heat if you like, but at least we're above the Hawks.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
If you are referring to the Hollinger power rankings posted on ESPN, then you must understand that those ratings are purely quantitative. Well, maybe not purely quantitative as there may be some subjective inputs. But, point being, there are a lot of quantitative factors, and I think one of them are quality of wins, which is measured by record of opponents. Luckily, the standings are not based on his rankings, but on record. I also don't like the PER ratings. The value of players should also be based on intangible assets as well. Prime example is Fields. I wouldn't stress about it.

Power Ranking = No creditability

I don't listen to opinions bring out some facts

Amare = Mvp
Felton=Allstar
Chandler= budding allstar/ most improved

Our Big 3

add a good C and back up pg with some Vets and 2011 Champs