N.Y. KNICKS vs. MIAMI CLIT 12-28-10 @ 7:30 PM

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We did good today .. we didn't get the win but I was happy with the effort we put in trying to get back in the game. I hope we keep this up .. especially against the better teams.

We got a tough one coming up on Thursday against orlando .. I'm sure we'll come out playing strong for that one as well.

la2ny

Starter
Well theres pretty much one thing that will kill us against Orlando and thats depth. They have it and we dont. Also gotta worry bout Dwight.

To say the least Im looking foward to that game.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
I'm tired of this already, We are a So called good team, blah, blah But we never could get over the hump with the heat..I'm sick and tired of the heat beating on the knicks already. We are a mediorce team,Cleveland hasn't won a game since the knicks. And There's no doubt in my mind that they will lose against Orlando
No question . to me a loss is a loss..No excuses like, Oh well we played with heart. How long will we keep saying that? For the next decade while the miami's and the boston's and the elite of the world win championships .

I would like to keep Chandler but if you have to trade gallo and fields For carmelo..Than you have to do it. I mean we play like if were scare of Miami it's pathetic.I'm not happy..I said saturday that i rather have them lose to orlando than the heat. And they prove that they are nowhere near miami.

Mike antoni 0-10 against the heat. Don't expect them to win orlando because I don't think they will. We have inconsistant players with the exception of stoudemire and felton.

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
I agree with you on all counts. I'm starting to realize though, that we did come a long way since last year though. At least we are a above ....500 team. Will we beat the Heat, no....But they are beating everyone. One of the reasons isn't the dickhead Anthony guarding STAT. Its cause they have 3X Star Power on that team. Its the same BS as when Pippen and Jordan beat the Knicks. The refs give the Calls to STAR POWER. STAT isn't in the same scene as Wade and LBJ.

WE need Melo to even the Refs table. Make them call this defensive mugging that Miami is throwing at us. I can see them talking in the locker room and laughing at Jaffe and crew for the way they let them beat up Amar'e and co.

I'm tired of this already, We are a So called good team, blah, blah But we never could get over the hump with the heat..I'm sick and tired of the heat beating on the knicks already. We are a mediorce team,Cleveland hasn't won a game since the knicks. And There's no doubt in my mind that they will lose against Orlando
No question . to me a loss is a loss..No excuses like, Oh well we played with heart. How long will we keep saying that? For the next decade while the miami's and the boston's and the elite of the world win championships .

I would like to keep Chandler but if you have to trade gallo and fields For carmelo..Than you have to do it. I mean we play like if we're scare of Miami it's pathetic.I'm not happy..I said saturday that i rather have them lose to orlando than the heat. And they prove that they are nowhere near miami.

Mike antoni 0-10 against the heat. Don't expect them to win orlando because I don't think they will. We have inconsistant player with the exception of stoudemire, and felton.

I would like to keep Chandler but if you have to trade gallo and fields For carmelo..Than you have to do it. I mean we play like if we're scare of Miami it's pathetic.I'm not happy..I said saturday that i rather have them lose to orlando than the heat. And they prove that they are nowhere near miami.

Mike antoni 0-10 against the heat. Don't expect them to win orlando because I don't think they will. We have inconsistant players with the exception of stoudemire and felton.

Oh yeah because Melo would have stopped BigZ from get 12 and 9 in one qt or Vareajo from getting 17 rbs. Idiot we get killed on the boards why the hell would we trade 2 of our best rebounders for a better than average rebounder.
Look st the past losing game logs all are bigs going off on us Nene Barg Vareajo Big Z Bosh Garknee......

Don't believe the hype Melo is not our Savior we still would need to add pieces like how the big 3 added 3 legit 7ft C to hound peoplel in the post while still being able to spread the floor.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Oh yeah because Melo would have stopped BigZ from get 12 and 9 in one qt or Vareajo from getting 17 rbs. Idiot we get killed on the boards why the hell would we trade 2 of our best rebounders for a better than average rebounder.
Look st the past losing game logs all are bigs going off on us Nene Barg Vareajo Big Z Bosh Garknee......

Don't believe the hype Melo is not our Savior we still would need to add pieces like how the big 3 added 3 legit 7ft C to hound peoplel in the post while still being able to spread the floor.

Hey Jackass, We're still getting killed and out rebounded regardless with the guys we have now.
I'm not saying he will be a "Savior" we obviously need more pieces in the off season . But if you think this team is going to go anywhere as is ? You are so sadly severly mistaken. Take a look at their schedule ..Tell me you feel confident That they are good enough to beat Orlando, Dallas,lakers, boston, utah, spurs..They are not. We have no consistent scorers except for stoudemire. and we need to get another big time player it's obvious. And D'antoni needs to be more defensive minded because we look like a Soft ass team out there. I understand this team is improving, But really we could be So much better next year. It's just sicking to see knicks stay behind while others keep getting the big time stars and Vastly Improving..This Is "New York" Not Memphis. The problem with us fans is that we keep settling, almost always with this team, which is why we haven't won anything since 73" Forgive me, if I'm so passionate about this team being the best one day soon. Rather than saying well Could've ,Would've ,Should've.
This is why The Yankees win so much because they had a owner Called Steinbrenner, That never settled for anything less Than being Very Good Or The Best. That's how you win championships and create Dynasty's. By getting better players or a Better coaches. I don't want miami to be The Dynasty, I want The knicks To be That Dynasty for once in 38 years. That all. And I hope that it's just 2 years away instead another 10 or 20 Years..Understand .

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Hey Jackass, We're still getting killed and out rebounded regardless with the guys we have now.
I'm not saying he will be a "Savior" we obviously need more pieces in the off season . But if you think this team is going to go anywhere as is ? You are so sadly severly mistaken. Take a look at their schedule ..Tell me you feel confident That they are good enough to beat Orlando, Dallas,lakers, boston, utah, spurs..They are not. We have no consistent scorers except for stoudemire. and we need to get another big time player it's obvious. And D'antoni needs to be more defensive minded because we look like a Soft ass team out there. I understand this team is improving, But really we could be So much better next year. It's just sicking to see knicks stay behind while others keep getting the big time stars and Vastly Improving..This Is "New York" Not Memphis.

Your judgment call is unfair.

The Heat owned the Lakers worse than they owned us, we lost to the Celtics by 2 points, we've beaten good teams like the Thunder, the Bulls, the Hornets, and the Nuggets, and you're not going to give them a chance against Orlando or Utah? Please.

You're sick of seeing the Knicks STAY behind? While you were off not paying attention the rest of us were sick of seeing the Knicks suck, period.

The Knicks in one season went from a lottery team to a playoff team.

It's not often you see teams do that regardless of how good the lottery pick from the previous year is.

You're expecting the Knicks to be an elite team when we finished last year with 29 wins and have been the most poorly-run franchise in the NBA over the past ten years. Wins don't come overnight. The Knicks have already made a huge single-season turnaround. They're not going from 29 win team to 50 win team and conference champions overnight. We have a great core and yes we need to improve but we went to someone else's house and required a monster night from Dwyane Wade to seal the deal. If you really expect the Knicks to be doing any better than they did tonight, you're being irrational.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
Your judgment call is unfair.

The Heat owned the Lakers worse than they owned us, we lost to the Celtics by 2 points, we've beaten good teams like the Thunder, the Bulls, the Hornets, and the Nuggets, and you're not going to give them a chance against Orlando or Utah? Please.

You're sick of seeing the Knicks STAY behind? While you were off not paying attention the rest of us were sick of seeing the Knicks suck, period.

The Knicks in one season went from a lottery team to a playoff team.

It's not often you see teams do that regardless of how good the lottery pick from the previous year is.

You're expecting the Knicks to be an elite team when we finished last year with 29 wins and have been the most poorly-run franchise in the NBA over the past ten years. Wins don't come overnight. The Knicks have already made a huge single-season turnaround. They're not going from 29 win team to 50 win team and conference champions overnight. We have a great core and yes we need to improve but we went to someone else's house and required a monster night from Dwyane Wade to seal the deal. If you really expect the Knicks to be doing any better than they did tonight, you're being irrational.
Well you are in the minority because alot of people were calling the radio stations tonite unhappy with how flat they came out. Yes this team was a laughing stock last year. I understand. But the bulls aren't that good yet. And yes they are improving but, These losses don't not help them mentally You want to make excuses than fine. I don't expect them to be elite, But they have to Beat The heat one day..Or are we just going to settle For another Bulls beat the knicks of the 90's again? I'm not being irrational at all. I never got the feeling they where going to win Tonite. And just because they lost to boston by 2 points..Dosen't mean that will happen again. Boston Just didn't take them seriously is all. So next time boston will play them harder. And we just need to make sure that we vastly improve this team by the off season.

I'm an older knick fan so patience with me is short. It's called being a diehard and not settling for always being a 3rd class citizen To other Teams. Sorry if you people think that's being irrational. I've been a knick fan for over 25 years. and I admit I was so disgusted with this team that I couldn't bare to watch them anymore. So yes The Improvment is great. But they need to get Much better.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There's a difference between being a diehard fan and being reasonable.

The Knicks can't be expected to face up against the best of the best just yet. Don't tell me you really expected a championship from them this year. They're a rebuilding team, and they're making progress, and after the past 10 years, a playoff berth is plenty after all those 50 loss seasons.

Boston didn't take them seriously? What are you smoking? It took a last-second clutch shot by an all-time great player to beat the Knicks that night, the Celtics came into that game the hottest team in the NBA and we almost stopped them...yes we probably could've won that game...but we didn't...we're not the best in the NBA yet...and I'm fine with that for now.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
There's a difference between being a diehard fan and being reasonable.

The Knicks can't be expected to face up against the best of the best just yet. Don't tell me you really expected a championship from them this year. They're a rebuilding team, and they're making progress, and after the past 10 years, a playoff berth is plenty after all those 50 loss seasons.

Boston didn't take them seriously? What are you smoking? It took a last-second clutch shot by an all-time great player to beat the Knicks that night, the Celtics came into that game the hottest team in the NBA and we almost stopped them...yes we probably could've won that game...but we didn't...we're not the best in the NBA yet...and I'm fine with that for now.
I didn't expect them to win a championship! They didn't take them seriously Paul pierce laughed when they called it a rivalry . Or were you not watching.

You know good for you if your happy. let's see, if you'll be happy within a few weeks. if you are, Then Good for you buddy, I hope that I will be proven wrong I really do. Because than I'll owe you an apology. And I'll be the first to admit it. I went berserk. Let's see what direction they take. I hope they do well. But part of me is so use to the bad with this Franchise.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
..Of course it's not really a RIVALRY, the Knicks have SUCKED for a LONG time. We endured a 104-59 thrashing at the hands of the Celtics a few years back.

But that doesn't change the fact that they had to play HARD to beat us. It might not be a rivalry but it sure as hell was a tough game for the Celtics.

I expected the Knicks to be fighting for the 8th seed this year. They're already exceeding my expectations. If they stay at this level and don't make any moves, then we'll talk about it, but given how long they've sucked for just the fact that they're having a winning season right now is music to my ears

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And now onto the actual game:

We need rebounding. I don't know why D'Antoni isn't playing Randolph, but he should because Randolph rebounds as well as anybody on our team...the main reason we lost is because the Heat started the game off grabbing like 10 rebounds in the first 10 minutes while we had only 1 or 2.

Free throw shooting was not good enough.

3 point shooting was not good enough.

Fields didn't have a good game but after so any good games it's about time he had a bad one. Not much to say other than that, they're a better team and we need rebounding. We'll see how the team adds it, whether by playing Mozgov more minutes or by playing Randolph...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I'll take the F*ckn L but these refs RAPED us... They got touchy fouls while those same calls weren't made on our side... it was obvious and that's why we were getting those Techs.

If MIA is going to have 3 stars then they shouldn't get boo boo calls. Play the game like we were in central park.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah the officiating was lame as hell. It was on the road, though, and we didn't do much by only making like 71% of our free throws.

If they hit 90% of their free throws the game would've gone down to the wire

mafra

Legend
The good news isn't we played well, came close and escpaed with a mroal victory.... The good news is we played poorly (for the most part) and still were within 3 points with under 2 to play, on the road in MIA.

Look, it's obvious: Knicks are not as good as BOS-MIA. We're 0-4. Although we were close in 3 of those 4 losses. In the other loss, we were close at the half.

We're getting there.

However, we're also fortunate to be 2-0 vs CHI. We played them once w/out Boozer and then another time w/out Noah. AND, we needed to play very hard and very good to win close games. In other words, CHI at full strength is better.

ATL blew us out. And you know we're all worried about ORL.

There you go. The top 4 teams in the East are better. Probably the same can be said for the top 4-5 teams out West.

But these Knicks can beat any other team in the NBA on any floor, any night. Of course, we could also lose to anyone.

But being able to say you feel good about your chances against 2/3 of the league is a nice start. This is really Year #1 or the "new era."

Do we sneak in and snag a 4-6 seed in the playoffs? Win a 1st round series against ORL, ATL or CHI? Do we then get to a 6th game in the 2nd round?

Let's be honest. With this team, that's our ceiling.

On most nights, as long as 2 of the big-4 (Amar'e, Felton, Chandler, Gallo) play well and score 20+ points.... we can win against most teams. Against the top-5 teams in each Conf.... We need ALL FOUR to play well.... scoring 20+ each.... Hit around 13 threes and knock down 85% of our free throws.... that's our only hope.

One last thing: Given how tough MIA is on defense. I was happy that we only turned the ball over 9 times.

On the bright side, NYK teams of the last 5 years would have turned that 20 point deficit into a 45 point deficit by the early 3rd.

We're young, hungry and only going to get better.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
What is making the Knicks successful is also what is holding them back from beating the top teams. The Knicks players over achieve in every game; they play above their abilities. You have Chandler playing out of position, a rookie that plays like a vet, get's NO calls whatsoever, makes rookie mistakes and a streaky shooter in Gallo who is not quick and a sub par defender. That being said, the style that Mike D'Antoni implemented has allowed this current incarnation to maximize their talents and hides the weaknesses. This works with a lot of teams but when we run into a team that either slows the game down or flat out have a better roster, we get exposed. We saw this same scenario with the Pat Riley Knicks. He implemented a style that maximized the abilities of the roster he was given to work with.
For the record, I love the fast paced style the Knicks play but the reality is we are getting KILLED on the boards; we give up WAY TOO MANY offensive rebounds and we are poor when defending our positions. If you look at the Boston game, both Miami games and even the Cleveland game, we were glaringly out rebounded!
Would Melo help us? He would help STAT offensively and would help STAT rest a little more since he could take on the scoring load while STAT is on the bench. If you want to play the referee game, Melo would get calls that Gallo and Fields wouldn't. Melo is not good defender and an average rebounder; stronger offensive rebounder that defensive. Would he be an upgrade at his position? Yes, over Gallo he would be an upgrade but Melo alone is not going to push the Knicks to the next level; especially if you give up Chandler and Fields for him. So if we get Melo, we will still need to make another move or 2 to strengthen our D; especially in the paint. So Melo will help but we need another big to flank STAT and I love Varejo for that spot. That will improve our rebounding and Varejo defends! I would also see if I could pry DeMarcus Cousins away from the Kings.. I think he would fit perfectly in this system. If we lose Fields in a Melo deal we would need to replace his game and I would see if Chicago would be willing to deal Bogans. Fields is our best defender so if we lose him we lose the back court!
I still do not think we land Melo! All the arm chair GM's that wanted to basically send crap to Denver because we supposedly had them over the barrel will be stunned and rethinking their trade scenarios! Right now there are more teams in play that you will want to know about and 1 of them just might swoop in and make a deal for Melo... Like Dallas or even Portland... MARK MY WORDS!!!!

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I had a game myself at that time and my PVR was out of space, so i didn't get to watch the game. I checked out the highlights and the box scores. And a loss is a loss. I hate on miami, and have for a long time. Losing to them is just worse then losing to pretty much every other team, with maybe the expection of boston.

The knicks have great chances this year. Right now we are out performing expectations and expectations were high for this team. I had them coming in and getting 6th in the east this season and it looks like they are living up to my predictions thus far.

Amar'e is a beast and will continue to shoulder the burden of this team. But he's done it for 60 win teams in PHO before and there's no reason to expect him to be any less of a great player here.

Miami wins with defense. They are great man to man defenders, cutting off the line to the basket and using their length to disrupt passing lanes. If the knicks had better 3 point shooters it wouldn't be such a problem as we could swing the ball on the perimeter and get open looks. As well giving up second chance shots is what is killing us. If both Amar'e and Turiaf are not on the floor we get rocked on the glass. And sometimes even when they are we still give up the easy put backs.

I don't know if it is exactly a personnel issue, but more of a defensive assignment issue. People are just not boxing out their man, especially later in the game as the legs start to wear down. Fields is pretty much the only Knick that does it and it's getting him insane amounts of boards.

I think that the knicks can beat and compete with any team in the league right now. we've lost a few close games to the elite teams (MIA, BOS) beaten some of the upper echelon crowd (DEN, CHA, CHI) and destroied most of the teams beneath us. As far as i can see the knicks went from one of the bottom 5 teams in the league to one of the top 10 this year. That is amazing progress for a team that has only just begun to play together.

As we continue to move through the season this team will only get better. And come playoff time I think we will have the heart hustle and talent to take on anyone.

We need that extra (consistant) scorer. Gallo is getting too many minutes and he is doing nothing but destroying our rythmn. I'm going to protest this fraud every chance I get. He stinks, if he could have produce more points, grab more boards or even play some real D (instead of flopping like a frail fish) we could have beat the Heat. Too much pressure is put on the rest of the team because of his inabilities to really help this team, And , recently he's been expose for trying to get to the freethrow so that part of his game his failing too. He's a very poor contributor that is eating up way too many minutes. We could give his minutes to Shawne Williams and get the same output...maybe more.

We need Gallos starting job to be filled with another elite player if this team expects to go anywhere in the post season. I'm not content with just being a good team, I'm not one of those dudes who is satisfied with a team a little better than last years. The last few years were tanked so we can become an elite team this year...and the future. We already know what most of our core players can and cannot do...so lets get rid of the weak link, NOW, for christ sake, wtf!!!

There is no way in hell we are going to pass Miami or a healthy Boston team. I'll only be happy with a team that can compete with any team...not some of them. If the coach is going to use a short rotation and let the rest of the guys rot on the bench....makes some treades already and get this team running the right way.

Keep Chandler because he contributes points, boards, and plays solid Defense, everyone else except Stat, Felton, and fields can go. I'll even keep turiuf and Douglas because they bring defense.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
We need that extra (consistant) scorer. Gallo is getting too many minutes and he is doing nothing but destroying our rythmn. I'm going to protest this fraud every chance I get. He stinks, if he could have produce more points, grab more boards or even play some real D (instead of flopping like a frail fish) we could have beat the Heat. Too much pressure is put on the rest of the team because of his inabilities to really help this team, And , recently he's been expose for trying to get to the freethrow so that part of his game his failing too. He's a very poor contributor that is eating up way too many minutes. We could give his minutes to Shawne Williams and get the same output...maybe more.

We need Gallos starting job to be filled with another elite player if this team expects to go anywhere in the post season. I'm not content with just being a good team, I'm not one of those dudes who is satisfied with a team a little better than last years. The last few years were tanked so we can become an elite team this year...and the future. We already know what most of our core players can and cannot do...so lets get rid of the weak link, NOW, for christ sake, wtf!!!

There is no way in hell we are going to pass Miami or a healthy Boston team. I'll only be happy with a team that can compete with any team...not some of them. If the coach is going to use a short rotation and let the rest of the guys rot on the bench....makes some treades already and get this team running the right way.

Keep Chandler because he contributes points, boards, and plays solid Defense, everyone else except Stat, Felton, and fields can go. I'll even keep turiuf and Douglas because they bring defense.

Gallo > Real NY Baller

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Knicks' ceiling this season is probably AT BEST a #4 seed in the East, behind Boston, Miami, and one of Chicago/Orlando/Atlanta.

I don't buy the fact that we're necessarily a worse team than the Hawks when we beat them so often last year with a much worse team (we lost a Saturday afternoon game to them...it happens...one game doesn't mean we're worse...and man the Knicks looked AWFUL that game, that was the Knicks team that lost to the Cavs and the 76ers). Orlando will give us trouble, and though we've beat the Bulls they haven't really been at full strength.

But from the Bulls wins you have to take away the fact that the Knicks showed that they knew how to play against a tough Thibodeau-coached defensive team and win. True the Bulls didn't have their best team on the floor but the Bulls without Noah are still a damn good team as you can tell by their winning streak, and we beat them.

You have to take away good stuff from the victories against OKC, DEN, NO...those teams are good...especially the Hornets were a great defensive team - we did beat them when they were missing David West, but the other two teams, no excuses can be made...we beat them fair and square, and we'd do it again.

We beat the 5-6-7 teams in the East and we've done well against every non-playoff team (basically), if you ask me the Knicks are in prime spot to make a run at the #5 or #6 seed. And their ceiling is a first-round win in 7 games and a 2nd round loss...which, after Isiah...I'll take it for now...