Even Great Offensive Teams Need an All-NBA Defender

legend33

Rookie
History Lesson:

We all know about the great championship teams...the great scorers, etc.

But if you look back at even Finals teams, even great scoring teams have needed a great defender at atleast one position to get the job done.

Examples:

* Showtime had Cooper, and before him Willkes and Kareem. Did you know Kareem was on a BUNCH of All-NBA Defensive teams? Even in the 80's...

* Shaq was a 3-time All NBA Defender during his prime, as was Kobe (9x)...

* Moses believe it or not was an All NBA defender, as was Mo Cheeks...

* Webber? Yea, he had Doug Christie...

* Amare and Nash? They had Raja Bell...

* Barkley and KJ had Dan Majerle (2x All Nba Defense)

Want more? Ok...

* The Bullets had Elvin Hayes & Bob Dandridge...

* Rick Barry and the Warriors had Jamaal Wilkes (yes again) and Phil Smith (who? lols)

The solution?

Anderson Veraejao

Still young, good rebounder, All NBA Defense 2nd team last year, and I could see that trend continuing some day...

knicksin60

Starter
If Malik Rose could get into playing shape and come out of retirement, I think the Knicks could maintain all the players on their roster and sign him to a 10 day contract.He is the same age as Marcus Camby and is known for being a lock down defender that could take pressure off of Turiaf and Amar'e.

legend33

Rookie
a more immeidate (and realistic) would be if we could get Anderson Verjo (spelled wrong) from Clev.

He and Amare's combinded stats would be 36 pts 19 rebs and 3 blks. just what the Dr. ordered.

no shit rite kid?

but welp, wait a minute, oh thats right, i suggested this shit in the actual thread before anyone else said ne nother shit..

ironic, huh? lols :kissass: <--- thats most triumphant dudes...