MaGee anyone?

legend33

Rookie
mcgee would be PERFECTO on this team. give him 30 minutes a night, he'll block close to 2.5 shots a game while giving you close to 10 and 10....

PERFECT match for amare. like noah is for boozer...

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I see McGee as the second coming of Marcus Camby to the basketball world. Could work for the Knicks but we need also another scorer from the backcourt.

legend33

Rookie
I see McGee as the second coming of Marcus Camby to the basketball world. Could work for the Knicks but we need also another scorer from the backcourt.

yes exactly, he reminds me so much of camby dudes....lols

id love to get his ass up in ny dudes. next step would only be to get another perimeter playmaker and we're good dudes...

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Seriously doubt it!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18309

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see that Wash. is shopping JaVeal MaGee. MaGee is exactly the type of C our team needs. Young Athletic Rebounding Shot Blocking Player that our Coach already has a little history with. Hope Donnie's looking into this one!

I just can't see the Wiz giving up Mcgee for just AR or just any old player. Mcgee is a need player for most if not all franchises. Bigs are always at a premium we'd have to give them something alot of us would't want to part with.

That being said, If he can develop a nice lil reliable 15 ft. jumper ala Camby or Oakley...He'd be perrrfect for this team. Question is who are you willing to give up???

Not even sure AR and TD are enough. Could be more like AR and Fields

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I just can't see the Wiz giving up Mcgee for just AR or just any old player. Mcgee is a need player for most if not all franchises. Bigs are always at a premium we'd have to give them something alot of us would't want to part with.

That being said, If he can develop a nice lil reliable 15 ft. jumper ala Camby or Oakley...He'd be perrrfect for this team. Question is who are you willing to give up???

Not even sure AR and TD are enough. Could be more like AR and Fields

Forget about Fields. This guy has to be the third untouchable player of the team along with Stat and Felton. I can live without Chandler or Toney or even Gallinari but leave Landry Fields alone. He's smart, composed, has great basketball IQ, a lot of potential and he's cheap. How many players like him are there in the league right now?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Are you from Syria? Are you Syrias?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18309

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see that Wash. is shopping JaVeal MaGee. MaGee is exactly the type of C our team needs. Young Athletic Rebounding Shot Blocking Player that our Coach already has a little history with. Hope Donnie's looking into this one!

? After suspending Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee one game for an altercation outside of a club, league sources say that the Washington Wizards will consider trading either Blatche or McGee in the coming weeks. The team will gauge interest around the league and after shopping the players, decide whether or not a trade would be the right move for the franchise.

-This isn't a reference for proposing trades to Washington. McGee is a specimen that you don't give up on a rookie's wage.

-Blatche has been a hinderance with his bad 'tude the last 3 years, and hasn't emulated his pre contract form since the Arenas suspension.

-McGee's contract lasts 2012/13 at an incremental total of $4M with a Q.O in the final year - Blatche's lasts until 2014/15 and sits at $35M without any clauses of any kind.

-McGee, IMO, will lead the league in blocks at some stage(s) in his career, is the perfect above the rim player for Wall to play with, is one of the fastest and most athletic centers in the whole league.

-McGee is - potentially a better version of - Tyson Chandler waiting to happen. Blatche is on the decline, not significantly, but doesn't appear to be improving markedly since 'breaking out' 2 seasons ago.

★ McGee would be IDEAL for this team defensively. Not so much offensively. If we had a different coach, that would less likely be the case. All things considered, the chances of Washington trading him are slimmer than Ally MacBeal's clitoris. Blatche, on the other hand, has proven to be another big signing that didn't work out in Washington. Wizards trade Blatche, not McGee.

iSaYughh

Starter
The Javel can run, too. That + his athleticism should have D'ant percolated enough.

Like I keep saying, a guy like him is perfect too bc he won't "demand" starter minutes -- he won't expect it, and his contract won't make it seem necessary.

Paying big salary and taking in a starting C ego will never be worth it to us unless we get a C who can truly play C for d'ant and have the game where MD will plug his ass in and his offense will run seamless and without much hitch.

M. Gasol is the most realistic guy like this. But lord knows how much MEM will give to him.

With Amare being able to play the 5, and play it so well, along with guys like Gallo/Chandler/Turiaf...and Amare himself, being able to fill in the 4 so adequately, we have the versatitlity -- where for our versatile offense -- we can get a more "specialized"/focused talent, a la McGee (or a lot of the bigs in upcoming FA) who won't demand starting minutes and salary.

But will fill a necessary niche for us, he of relatively minimal risk and overall consequence to our franchise and it's flexibility, and boost needed areas while not sacrificing but likely improving our offensive flow.

Interesting Scenario of Diabolic Genius Move Shaking for a 10-Man Lineup:

Chandler for The Javel

Moz, 2nd, 2nd for Mayo

Gallo, Fields, 1st package for Melo

AR, Walker for Iggy

Sign Kirilienko in offseason.

Felton-Douglas
Iggy-Mayo
Melo-AK47
STAT-Turiaf
McGee-? (Jerome Jordan)

Douglas can be a great backup guard bc Iggy is such a good passer. Which will also let Felton maximize his scoring and shooting even more. And there's ridiculous versatility for going big, small, lockdown D, absurdly fast paced offense, and matchup hell for opposing teams.

Douglas
Iggy
AK
Turiaf
McGee

Felton
Mayo
Iggy
Melo
STAT

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
M. Gasol is the most realistic guy like this. But lord knows how much MEM will give to him. /QUOTE]

Memphis are one of the likely franchises to be contracted by the CBA. With the talks still hovering in hoop purgatory, Gasol's availability could become an interesting topic.

iSaYughh

Starter
-This isn't a reference for proposing trades to Washington. McGee is a specimen that you don't give up on a rookie's wage.

-Blatche has been a hinderance with his bad 'tude the last 3 years, and hasn't emulated his pre contract form since the Arenas suspension.

-McGee's contract lasts 2012/13 at an incremental total of $4M with a Q.O in the final year - Blatche's lasts until 2014/15 and sits at $35M without any clauses of any kind.

-McGee, IMO, will lead the league in blocks at some stage(s) in his career, is the perfect above the rim player for Wall to play with, is one of the fastest and most athletic centers in the whole league.

-McGee is - potentially a better version of - Tyson Chandler waiting to happen. Blatche is on the decline, not significantly, but doesn't appear to be improving markedly since 'breaking out' 2 seasons ago.

★ McGee would be IDEAL for this team defensively. Not so much offensively. If we had a different coach, that would less likely be the case. All things considered, the chances of Washington trading him are slimmer than Ally MacBeal's clitoris. Blatche, on the other hand, has proven to be another big signing that didn't work out in Washington. Wizards trade Blatche, not McGee.

Truth x1000.

Chandler + ____ would be well worth it.

I'd argue that offensively McGee would be more than fine, too. His speed and athleticism in this offense will not just engender him to MD, but create even more simple scoring opportunities. All while seamlessly fitting into team offense and letting the big scoring dogs get more meat.

We also don't want a "good starting center". Unless they are pretty great and will fit us like a glove. The demands of them, money especially,just won't be worth it otherwise. Not with MD, not with this team.

I'd rather have a "solid, speculative starting center",but who could be a quality minutes but non-full-time starter who has "perfect, dominant-like skills that we can fit us like a glove and we can utilize with our overall team in mind without making a big financial/emotional investment in"

Why as far as FA's go I'm so high on BigBaby. Has size and versatility with a quality shot, solid D with some unique qualities. Can come off the bench just as smoothly as he can start -- and can play the 4 and 5.

iSaYughh

Starter
M. Gasol is the most realistic guy like this. But lord knows how much MEM will give to him. /QUOTE]

Memphis are one of the likely franchises to be contracted by the CBA. With the talks still hovering in hoop purgatory, Gasol's availability could become an interesting topic.

True. As a FA the market will be ferocious for him barring major CBA changes. I just don't see those type changes actually happening, but we'll see. I do see a team like MEM possibly being contracted, so...:crossfingers:

Tyson Chandler is going to be so overpaid along w every other starting or "name" center. Cuban giving Haywood that deal -- wasn't it like 10 megas a year? -- was sick.

It's ok to "overpay", but the only center aside from a guy we can get on the cheap or for like a ML-type deal, would be M.Gasol.

Lot of question marks, bc if we get Melo he might end up being a primary 4 for us with STAT to the 5, rendering any starting type C, m gasol even, of dubious need.

We have a ton of variables which is nice. More room for Walsh to use skill and make better moves than our opponent GMs. But can start to suck for us since the incomplete information Walsh himself has, becomes so fundamentally oblique and vast for us, that at a certain point we just need to accept even our most expert of theoretical scenarios as pretty pointless.

****. Can the trade deadline come already? Part of me wouldn't hate for Melo to just sign and spend his weekends off at the jersey shore getting STDs from snookie's visiting friends.

Let Walsh, and us, really take off the gloves and ruthlessly make multiple moves and signings.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We also don't want a "good starting center". Unless they are pretty great and will fit us like a glove. The demands of them, money especially,just won't be worth it otherwise. Not with MD, not with this team.

Hence McGee's abilities and contract being a perfect for us, in my opinion. Washington won't trade him, but I'd be willing to hand them Gallo and AR if they were. My reasoning for that is in my previous post. I see all the things I mentioned therein reason enough to make that trade.

I'd rather have a "solid, speculative starting center",but who could be a quality minutes but non-full-time starter who has "perfect, dominant-like skills that we can fit us like a glove and we can utilize with our overall team in mind without making a big financial/emotional investment in

Absolutely! But I still think he's an untouchable.

Why as far as FA's go I'm so high on BigBaby. Has size and versatility with a quality shot, solid D with some unique qualities. Can come off the bench just as smoothly as he can start -- and can play the 4 and 5.

Fair enough, but he probably won't be ready for opening night. We'll still be scrubbing the stench of Celtic gayness out of him by Christmas. I am taking the lockout into account here, too.

iSaYughh

Starter
Fair enough, but he probably won't be ready for opening night. We'll still be scrubbing the stench of Celtic gayness out of him by Christmas. I am taking the lockout into account here, too.

Lollll. :teeth: Fair enough. Walsh will have to design a Clockwork Orange-like indoctrination chamber where Davis watches doctored, montage video of Garnett and Pierce being knee capped and pissed on by people wearing orange and blue jumpsuits.

Re: McGee. Ya, it'd surprise me, but if Blatche(!) proves to be un-tradable...Yet he clearly still has value and they want to play him/must play him...They have enough logic -- or at least panic and emotion -- to seriously look into a Javel trade.

In which case we swoop in with either Gallo or Chandler. Likely whomever DEN is perceived to covet less.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We have a ton of variables which is nice. More room for Walsh to use skill and make better moves than our opponent GMs. But can start to suck for us since the incomplete information Walsh himself has, becomes so fundamentally oblique and vast for us, that at a certain point we just need to accept even our most expert of theoretical scenarios as pretty pointless.

Exactly. That is so well said. I still advocate maintaining those variables. They are nicer than nice, IMO. Our 'turn cards' are STAT, Fields, Chandler and Felton and we can afford to play a less daring hand.

****. Can the trade deadline come already? Part of me wouldn't hate for Melo to just sign and spend his weekends off at the jersey shore getting STDs from snookie's visiting friends.

A big part of me wouldn't hate for that to happen at all. You can bet Jim Dolan doesn't agree.

metrocard

Legend

-McGee is - potentially a betterersion of - Tyson Chandler waiting to happen. Blatche is on the decline, not significantly, but doesn't appear to be improing markedly since 'breaking out' 2 seasons ago.

You obviously never seen McGee play.

metrocard

Legend
You good at making shit up. Not to be mean.

Chandler can play D on the block, man to man, and just lock his man down.

Block shots = good...but thats all McGee does. He gives up a lot of points on the D side.

Everything McGee does, Randolph does.McGee is not a defensive big. He has absolutely no idea about man defense, positioning, rotations, etc. He's really a horrible basketball player at this point.

This system requires smart players, not guys that can jump and run.

Plus, 'Antoni is obsessed with STAT at C.

Lets look into a 4.

I like Andy Vaejao

all around defense.