Knicks @ Magic 12/30 7:00 pm

elcol

Rotation player
i think what really killed us was amares foul trouble and lack of depth vs orlandos depth amare had to stay out of the game for a while gave us no paint presence and its not like we can drive into dwight howards area. wilson chandler not strong enough to block DH12 and turiaf doesn't have the height. they utilized there revitalized bench when we could only bring williams/douglas/turiaf. williams can't stop dh12 either. since we had no double teams we had to pass around the perimeter instead of driving. amare had to play soft defence because of his foul trouble leaving nobody to stop dh12 except for double teams, which allows them to kick out to three point shooters, we are a bad enough rebounding team and dwight got a shit load of OR's on us what do you expect. we went hard in the second half holding them down a bit but again we missed seriously clutch FT's...

KingofNy

Starter
It wasnt the refs.
Yes there were bad calls in the game, but some went our way 2.
I hate when we lose games people blame it on the refs.It wasn't there fault
nobody boxes out to grab defensive rebounds instead standing around and letting Dwight take it from them. Then pile on the crap play of everyone besides Amar'e and Wilson and you have another loss. Don't be fooled by the final score and the comeback. The Knicks do this almost everygame against a good team. Why? Because they go through a mental lapse and NY gets aggressive and gets momentum in their favor. There is no way you should fall down by 20+ points in consecutive games and expect to win, especially on the road.

Just my thoughts though.

Did you NOT notice that everytime we had to pull Amare out is when they would go up by 20 and when he came back in we would catch up? Come on man???

The bad calls that went our way were against the only person that would take us out of the game. The calls against us were ludicrous. Go back and watch the game, only ONE of Amare's 5 called fouls were actually fouls including the BS technical that wasn't. We had NO chance to beat Orlando with STAT sitting out half the game, no matter how well we rebounded, shot, or handled the ball. We did miss crucial foul shots and free throws down the stretch but if we had Amare all game we would have won.

la2ny

Starter
Did you NOT notice that everytime we had to pull Amare out is when they would go up by 20 and when he came back in we would catch up? Come on man???

The bad calls that went our way were against the only person that would take us out of the game. The calls against us were ludicrous. Go back and watch the game, only ONE of Amare's 5 called fouls were actually fouls including the BS technical that wasn't. We had NO chance to beat Orlando with STAT sitting out half the game, no matter how well we rebounded, shot, or handled the ball. We did miss crucial foul shots and free throws down the stretch but if we had Amare all game we would have won.
Yes Amar'e had some bad calls but you gotta remember this isn't the refs fault.Since Amar'e did get the fouls it's not like Dwight makes free throws so thats not working against us. Then you say once Amar'e is out they went on a run, well they started hitting shots. You were expecting them to miss open threes all game?
And if you want to blame it on the refs then we lost to Miami both times because of them to? There is no excuse falling behind 20+ points and blaming the refs like they gave Orlando 20 free throws in a row. Yes Amar'e did get some bad calls, but at the same time alot of those blocks we got on Dwight looked vicious and alot of the times they dont let that go. Can the refs be to fault for Gallo not stepping up and Felt tossing up 22 shots when Amar'e was out?

Listen I hate the refs as much as the next guy, but I hate blaming refs because at the end of the day if we were good enough we wouldn't have to worry about getting destroyed. Did the foul calls affect boxing out in the first quarter. No. They didn't make Gallo dissappear for half the game. They didn't make D'antoni not throw Mozgov or Turiaf out there when Wilson was gaurding Dwight

Sorry bout the long post I just hate the conspiracy crap.

EDit: Who's to say we win if we had Stat all game? If thats the case who's to say we don't win if Gallo showed up in the 1st half of the Boston game? Who's to say we dont beat MIA in NY if Gallo showed up in the second half?

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Yes Amar'e had some bad calls but you gotta remember this isn't the refs fault.Since Amar'e did get the fouls it's not like Dwight makes free throws so thats not working against us. Then you say once Amar'e is out they went on a run, well they started hitting shots. You were expecting them to miss open threes all game?
And if you want to blame it on the refs then we lost to Miami both times because of them to? There is no excuse falling behind 20+ points and blaming the refs like they gave Orlando 20 free throws in a row. Yes Amar'e did get some bad calls, but at the same time alot of those blocks we got on Dwight looked vicious and alot of the times they dont let that go. Can the refs be to fault for Gallo not stepping up and Felt tossing up 22 shots when Amar'e was out?

Listen I hate the refs as much as the next guy, but I hate blaming refs because at the end of the day if we were good enough we wouldn't have to worry about getting destroyed. Did the foul calls affect boxing out in the first quarter. No. They didn't make Gallo dissappear for half the game. They didn't make D'antoni not throw Mozgov or Turiaf out there when Wilson was gaurding Dwight

Sorry bout the long post I just hate the conspiracy crap.

EDit: Who's to say we win if we had Stat all game? If thats the case who's to say we don't win if Gallo showed up in the 1st half of the Boston game? Who's to say we dont beat MIA in NY if Gallo showed up in the second half? [/quote

I CONCUR..We can't keep blaming the refs..Yeah There were some B.S Calls.
But your right, They definitely didn't make galli Disappear man. We can't blame every loss at the ref's ..But for real they gotta let these ballers play.and let their emotions out..Like back in the 90's, What is this the sissy leagues ? ?

la2ny

Starter
I CONCUR..We can't keep blaming the refs..Yeah There were some B.S Calls.
But your right, They definitely didn't make galli Disappear man. We can't blame every loss at the ref's ..But for real they gotta let these ballers play.and let their emotions out..Like back in the 90's, What is this the sissy leagues ? ?
yeah i wish it was 90's ball too, but David Stern ushered in this era. Stars before teams, shitload of international players,more teams, and more offense to appeal to fans. The refs just do their job. No one wants to see 90's Knick D when you can watch Lebron James dunks and 3's until the scores 150-160, you know. Then throw in the players have been in this era of Ball so long they've been conditioned to play like punks whining everytime down the court.With that said I just look at shit like a realist and every since that tim donaghy crap people been flying off the handle w/ that ref stuff an it gets to me cuz its like the fans becoming the players whining 24/7 everytime a game gets away.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
yeah i wish it was 90's ball too, but David Stern ushered in this era. Stars before teams, shitload of international players,more teams, and more offense to appeal to fans. The refs just do their job. No one wants to see 90's Knick D when you can watch Lebron James dunks and 3's until the scores 150-160, you know. Then throw in the players have been in this era of Ball so long they've been conditioned to play like punks whining everytime down the court.With that said I just look at shit like a realist and every since that tim donaghy crap people been flying off the handle w/ that ref stuff an it gets to me cuz its like the fans becoming the players whining 24/7 everytime a game gets away.

I know I think kobe..Does it alot. Nothing to whine about when you got..What 5 titles ..Lmao. Haha You think lebron would've gotten all those dunks if these teams had those knicks and pistons Mentally. HELL NO !!

Just imagine how great the Knicks will be with an upgrade (like most teams are doing).

The Refs should be fined and suspended for games too. If they make bad calls there should be a penalty for their asses too.

Sage

Rotation player
I'm assuming there must be a reason, but I went that whole game wondering why they had stat defending howard after he got in foul trouble. I would have had Turiaf and stat on the floor at the same time, or given minutes to moz or randolf to hack-a-howard.

It didn't make sense to me.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Having Turiaf and Amar'e on the floor at the same time was probably the reason we won today's game against the Pacers.

I understand playing STAT at C has some merits, I understand that Mozgov is raw, I understand the Randolph has bad shot selection, but at no point should we ever see Wilson Chandler guarding Dwight Howard...