Goodbye Dampier

Jhad66

Rookie
Yesterday, the Warriors acquired power forward/center Dale Davis from the Blazers for Nick Van Exel, filling GM Chris Mullin's most pressing need of a backup center. Now Golden State doesn't need Harrington and Mohommad. Harrington and Mohommad make between $8 and $9 million dollars together and Dampier make between that on his own. Now that Dampier bullshitted around and went and talked to ATL yesterday and now we might not get him just because he didn't wan't to cancel a meeting with the Hawks. I got a feeling this is gonna be a long summer.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i dont think we can affored both of them. and dampier seems unlikey right now. so i say isiah do anything he can to get crawford because he is the only player we have a chance of getting

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i think isiah should give mutombo and take norris b4 we end wit nottin....cause if we get crawford that is a huge pick up

kevin

Benchwarmer
datruth said:
i think isiah should give mutombo and take norris b4 we end wit nottin....cause if we get crawford that is a huge pick up

Yea I don't care what Isiah has to do just finish this damn trade its starting to annoy me, just don't give into getting rid of Sweetney. But getting rid of Shandon Anderson will be a big help.

JJtheKnick

Starter
sweetney is invold in this trade. i thought norris was holding it up because the bulls and the knicks dont want to pay the rest of his contract.

dacash

Benchwarmer
still hope

seeing that atlanta weont pay him for all the years he wants,and the knicks will there may be hope of dampier coming there.slim,small but hope

jayp

Benchwarmer
i don't think the Damp deal can push through.. IT is focusing on Crawford now and i think he is closing in on a deal.. too bad we have a small chance for Damp now..

JJtheKnick

Starter
im really disappointed because i thought that was a sure fired deal. but he is old news rite now i say to the knicks move on and look for another center that they can reliy on. (but rite now i see nothing for us)

WiL8000

Rotation player
I view getting Crawford to New York as the priority. It doesn't look like the Knicks will get Dampier, because of that trade the Warriors made. In some way it can be looked at as a blessing. Dampier wants a seven year contract for one, the Knicks would have traded key players involved in the Crawford deal.
If Isiah can work out a different deal with the Warriors, or bring in another team for Dampier then great, do it. I would caution Isiah Thomas on signing Dampier to a seven year deal, five years would be the most I'd sign him to, and thats even pushing it.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The trade doesn't for Dampier look good at all. But there is something that I'm missing. Dampier's agent told him to opt out of his remaining two years with the Warriors a total of about $16 million. Why????? His agent had to have some guarantee. He basically did the Warriors a favor, from what I been reading the agent also has two other clients with the Warriors. So looks like this agent might have something up his sleaves. favor to the Warriors, two more clients that will need new contracts next year, this agent might be able to tell the Warrior who to trade him to or he might cause trouble for them. What you guys think?