LOL what the Nuggets want for MELO LOL

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
As @KenBerg_CBS writes, NJ frustrated with Denver's price for Melo. DEN wants 5 first round picks as part of bigger package, sources tell Y! Another problem for NJ, rival exec in talks says: In current multi-team discussions, NJ would give up Devin Harris w/o getting a PG back. Talks stopped over Christmas with tragic death of 'Melo's sister, but will resume next week. Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri are digging in.

Exactly RT @ChrisMannixSI: There has been more posturing from both sides on Anthony than any deal in recent memory. http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset;" class="alt2"> After an appropriate cooling-off period surrounding Carmelo Anthony trade talks after the tragic death of his sister, teams are beginning to get a renewed sense of where the Nuggets are strategy-wise. And once again, multiple sources tell CBSSports.com that Denver officials are sending mixed signals and still appear undecided as to whether they're seeking veteran players who can help them now or some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players.

In view of their frustration, the Nets have not yet gotten to the point where they're ready to pull all their chips off the table. But it's clear that the Nets are "sick of the whole charade," according to one source and have "backed away," according to another. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...38893/26731017

LOL WOW, they want FIVE first round picks?? And on top of that they want a veteran player, an expiring AND a good young player. So my guess is Denver's proposed trade is something along the lines of this: Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, 4-5 first round draft picks for Carmelo Anthony + filler. Yeah...good luck with that.

nyk_nyk

All Star
LOL WOW, they want FIVE first round picks?? And on top of that they want a veteran player, an expiring AND a good young player. So my guess is Denver's proposed trade is something along the lines of this: Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, 4-5 first round draft picks for Carmelo Anthony + filler. Yeah...good luck with that.

After an appropriate cooling-off period surrounding Carmelo Anthony trade talks after the tragic death of his sister, teams are beginning to get a renewed sense of where the Nuggets are strategy-wise. And once again, multiple sources tell CBSSports.com that Denver officials are sending mixed signals and still appear undecided as to whether they're seeking veteran players who can help them now OR some combination of cap relief, draft picks and young players.

This isn't different than what they've been asking for all along. The 5 first rounders is crazy but other than that, nothing new.

Starks

Starter
I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to Denver getting "Boshed" at the end of the season.

petescud

Starter
Melo is a good player but even 3 First Rounders (NJ may have a #1 with their record) Thats insane....Walsh, sign Chandler at years end, and lets build like the old days. Trade here and there and draft picks. Melo isn't worth close to that

Wargames

Starter
i really am starting to think this whole thing is bluffing on Denvers part. They know Melo won't sign the extension anyplace he doesn't want to go (NY) but if they say that they cannot get anything worthwhile from the knicks (IE three players and Curry's contract). So they're trying to stall and hope something happens that makes us give more than we should.

Examples of this would be a long losing streak or Amare getting injured.

Denver is also staying open to see if anyone will pay decently for a rental before the trade deadline. That I think is what they're really banking on maybe getting some decent players by the deadline. They can't say that either because they would get low balled on that deal as well. But honestly everything they're saying is to stall. I am just surprised the Nets are involved in this and haven't figured it out. I mean they might be willing to rent but that would make them look real stupid regardless of what they gave if he went to their future crosstown rivals during the post season.

However Denver knows they can't get what Melo is worth in a trade because its a contract year and Melo seems to only want to play for a future contender.

knicksin60

Starter
The only reason why the Denver Nuggets want five number one picks is because they want three of those picks to turn into the next Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

moneyg

Starter
i really am starting to think this whole thing is bluffing on Denvers part. They know Melo won't sign the extension anyplace he doesn't want to go (NY) but if they say that they cannot get anything worthwhile from the knicks (IE three players and Curry's contract). So they're trying to stall and hope something happens that makes us give more than we should.

Examples of this would be a long losing streak or Amare getting injured.

Denver is also staying open to see if anyone will pay decently for a rental before the trade deadline. That I think is what they're really banking on maybe getting some decent players by the deadline. They can't say that either because they would get low balled on that deal as well. But honestly everything they're saying is to stall. I am just surprised the Nets are involved in this and haven't figured it out. I mean they might be willing to rent but that would make them look real stupid regardless of what they gave if he went to their future crosstown rivals during the post season.

However Denver knows they can't get what Melo is worth in a trade because its a contract year and Melo seems to only want to play for a future contender.

nice bluff game denver... like i said.. melo aint signing with the nets.. they r using the nets to drive up the knicks price for him..

this is a joke

legend33

Rookie
It's all a bunch of bullshit, no matter how retardedly annoying and tackless brokeg speaks...

point is, melo is not even NEEDED by us...He's so inefficient, with such average defense, that his rebouding prowess is fkn pointless.

If I hadda go after melo, I'd give up gallo and douglas and ar4 at the max...do with them what they want, but i dont care - no way am i giving a guy who can just leave the team in a few months for free....lols

Wargames

Starter
Mavs will pick him up if we don't Cuban will make them sends butler's expiring Beaubois some picks and cash. Mavs could wi it all with Melo and if they get a ring Melo will sign

Actually i am not sure about the Mav's just because they are winning for the most part and will be a high seed in the west. I am thinking a mid-level low seed team would be more willing to do it. Cuban is crazy but dude wants to win. Adding melo late into the season might ruin the whole thing they got going especially if he is playing disgruntled because he didn't want to be traded to them.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's all a bunch of bullshit, no matter how retardedly annoying and tackless brokeg speaks...

point is, melo is not even NEEDED by us...He's so inefficient, with such average defense, that his rebouding prowess is fkn pointless.

If I hadda go after melo, I'd give up gallo and douglas and ar4 at the max...do with them what they want, but i dont care - no way am i giving a guy who can just leave the team in a few months for free....lols

Check his stats before you make such silly comments.

elcol

Rotation player
denver can eat my new york nuts id rather we have our already winning team grow and get better at this point. no reason to trade the whole <strike>farm</strike> plantation just to get melo, i think KO.com finished here.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LOL.

Trade deadline will pass, nobody will trade for him and Denver, because they were foolish enough to ask for too much, is going to let him walk away for NOTHING.

And nobody will hate Carmelo for it because when he promised the fans in Denver he wouldn't let them leave with nothing, that's all he COULD do.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The asking price for Melo is going to be high for New Jersey because Denver knows of all the teams in play for Melo no one needs him as bad as New Jersey!

think about last year when we had to give up a pick plus potentially swap a pick just to get Jared Jefferies off the books, Houston knew how important it was for us to get as far under the cap as possible so they asked for a lot from us.

So Denver is now doing the same to New Jersey, they know that New Jersey doesnt want this thing to spill into the off season because then it becomes the Knicks to lose, so if they want to get a deal done now, it is going to cost them.

Look I hate The Nets (mostly their arrogant owner)....but if they were smart they should give up on this whole Melo thing! Its really not worth it

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
This reminds me of the Hershel Walker trade... Not sure if you guys remember that but that trade made Dallas what they were in the 90s so.. If any team is dumb enough to make a trade than good luck... Hopefully Walsh will not wait until the trade deadline when all the other quality guys have already been moved. If I am Walsh, I wait another week or 2 then I start to look at other players; if Melo is there this off season then I will sign him.

elcol

Rotation player
hey kingstarbury or somebody please get your asses on the nuggets forum and give em a big LMFAO
:teeth::teeth::teeth:

moneyg

Starter
Beaubois, butler picks which will be low first rounders and cash is not a better deal than what we can and will offer for melo. Makes no sense.
If the nuggets do that than they r just doing that to diss us.

It would be foolish from a business prospective

mafra

Legend

DEN is stalling.... for 2 reasons:

1- They want the pick they get from the Nets to be as good as it can be. If they send Melo there now instead of mid-Feb.... That might mean an extra 10 wins ro so for NJ?

2- They want to get their whole team together finally this season, give them a few weeks and see if they can catch fire and make a run at it this year (maybe that convinces Melo to stay).

Let's not forget upcoming CBA might even incorporate the Franchise Tag, which the NFL has.

Let's not forget the DEN owner is acting like a pissed off child here, refusing to give Melo anything close to what he wants.... He was at his wedding when Paul made that toast. He's not happy.

Finally, this new GM is new and inexperienced. He's hoping some team will seriously overpay to get Melo.

None of this matters though. If Melo wants to be in NY he'll be here. He might even be smart enough to realize if he wants to win a title in NY, then it's really best he wait and sign as a free agent.

During the summer.... Knicks will send AR and a draft pick to DEN, so Melo gets the full max, and away we go next season.

EVen with Melo, and especially if we deplete our current "depth" (and we aint deep now), then what happens to this team? We still would have ZERO interior def. presence.

iSaYughh

Starter
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynuggets123010

"One way or another, Anthony will be traded before the Feb. 24 deadline and will sign an extension with his new team."

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports.

If this is true, if Carmelo is dealt come Feb., what are odds NYK get their man?

Horrible.

If that's actually true and taken at face value.

If Melo being traded + extension is a fata compli, the team who simply gives DEN the best offer in the end will get him. It's that simple. And it simply won't be us unless we *truly* gut the team. Gallo/Chandler/Fields/AR/1st/2nd/2nd, eg.

I don't buy this article, though. Or that statement at least. It sounds like a lazy, hyperbolic summation of what's gong on.

Because really, if it is true; there wouldn't be this song and dance. DEN isn't going to squander weeks of resource, public relations, and worth to their franchise and roster to entertain the motion of Melo getting to live in NYC versus Abu Grahb.

If it is true, it does give greater credence to that "outlandish" offer DEN made to NJ.