Mike D has to go

It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...

Yo you ain't joking..For realz. He stinks I said it Before. We can't win any gamezs with running and shooting. THis team look weak out there son.
It get's me T up no doubt..We've loss like every national t.v game man..Well except for Bullz..Man they ain't got that NY SWAGGA YET.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
5 star thread and +1 rep.

This is one of the reasons I can't see him coaching this team once we acquire Melo and Varejao/McGee ...

vpell

Benchwarmer
Now we know what Phoenix fans went through. We need to get rid of this guy. Who goes small in a game against Dwight? This is stupid stuff right here.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Now we know what Phoenix fans went through. We need to get rid of this guy. Who goes small in a game against Dwight? This is stupid stuff right here.
WORD!
THEY KNEW WE WEREN'T WINNING ANY RINGS WITH THIS GUY,
HE'LL GET U TO PLAYOFFS..BUT THAN WHAT SON ?! GET OUR BUTTS KICKE BY MIAMI OR BOSTON..HELLZ NO..WE GETZ NEW PLAYAZZ WE MIGHT NEED NEW COACH BY NEXT SEASON TOO..NO DOUBT:peace:

mafra

Legend
What a joke. A serious lack of basic basketball acumen on full display tonight late in the 4th quarter.

I actually grimmaced when I saw Chandler on Howard, with Gallo coming over to help. What!

Turiaf? Mozgov? Randolph? Heck, even Curry for a minute.

Dwight was 6-10 from the free throw line. Hack-a-shaq baby. Why even let Howard shoot, let alone dunk it?

Did he mot notice how we choked away any hope to win with each free throw miss. We were like 5-10 down the stretch.

He couldn't remind Stat to box Howard out?

Fields and Gallo were almost worthless on this Fla trip. You can't leave them oit there when they're giving you nothing.

I can't believe we passed on Gordon and Lopez for Gallo. If he's the best shooter in the world, then Ryan Anderson is best shooter in our solar system.

Take out Gallo the gimpy ghost. Plz!

No sense benching all our 7-footers b/9 they can't hit 3s.

Even if we have Carmelo, we aint winning. How can you win games against good teams when... Down the stretch you allow uncontested layup after uncontested layup, and dunks, while we struggle to get looks from 27 feet out? How will that ever work out in the long run?

We are 0-6 against top-4 teams in East. I think we trailed for the final 3 quarters in 5 of these 6 losses. We beat Chi twice b/9 they were 1 big man short each game. OKC and NO are not elite teams.

Knicks are now 2-5 in their last 7.

Hack a Shaq? Dude I was around when Red Holzman used to put Phil Jackson on Chamberlain to foul him late in the game. Phil Jackson has 1/50 the Talent that Randolph has. I dont understand why he cant go offensive and defensive platoons late in the game. Get Gallo out on D and put in Turiaf at least. I'm really beginning to hate this guy...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah seriously...who the hell plays a small lineup against the best Center in basketball? Does that seriously make any sense? Amar'e isn't as bad a defender as people think but you can't expect him to guard Dwight Howard when he's a natural PF, not a C.

This is confusing the hell out of me...

iSaYughh

Starter
What a joke. A serious lack of basic basketball acumen on full display tonight late in the 4th quarter.

I actually grimmaced when I saw Chandler on Howard, with Gallo coming over to help. What!

Turiaf? Mozgov? Randolph? Heck, even Curry for a minute.

Dwight was 6-10 from the free throw line. Hack-a-shaq baby. Why even let Howard shoot, let alone dunk it?

Did he mot notice how we choked away any hope to win with each free throw miss. We were like 5-10 down the stretch.

He couldn't remind Stat to box Howard out?

Fields and Gallo were almost worthless on this Fla trip. You can't leave them oit there when they're giving you nothing.

I can't believe we passed on Gordon and Lopez for Gallo. If he's the best shooter in the world, then Ryan Anderson is best shooter in our solar system.

Take out Gallo the gimpy ghost. Plz!

No sense benching all our 7-footers b/9 they can't hit 3s.

Even if we have Carmelo, we aint winning. How can you win games against good teams when... Down the stretch you allow uncontested layup after uncontested layup, and dunks, while we struggle to get looks from 27 feet out? How will that ever work out in the long run?

We are 0-6 against top-4 teams in East. I think we trailed for the final 3 quarters in 5 of these 6 losses. We beat Chi twice b/9 they were 1 big man short each game. OKC and NO are not elite teams.

Knicks are now 2-5 in their last 7.

Look. We need to re-align perspective again. Much like when we went into season we were all giddy if we could just be +.500 and make the playoffs.

Going into this stretch of games -- which we knew to be hugely stacked against us -- most just wanted to come out at like .500. Either way, we knew we'd lose games. And have losing streaks.

When we lose we need scapegoats; not that scapegoats can't be real issues and problems that need fixing. But you're just fooling yourself if you think MD being replaced would do anything in us winning these games.

The very issues with him are tied to why we are winning. Chandler getting 30pts and busting out this season is bc of the offense and how MD has used him.

Likewise Felton. Amare, even.

It's a double edge sword. I'd argue the edge helping us win is greater than the losing side.

It's the main reason we even have the luxury to dissect the team/coach, in a season which objectively has exceeded most any expectation.

Let's not lose sight of how piece meal this team is and just how young and necessarily expiremental the roster is. Moz, AR, etc.

***as an aside, bc i love this debate and the players, I've always felt Lopez has been overrated, and have been partially vindicated. But a legit quality starting C who's young is such a commodity in this day and age, even if he is wildly overrated he's still wildly precious as a player.

Gordon, however, I've loved since his college days. And he has been an --absolute-- beast this year. Hugely good scorer, gets to the line like flash ****ing gordon. And his 3pt shot has been off almost the entire year. IMHO, he could be close to leading NBA scorer if he wasn't so ice cold from the 3 till recently.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
We definitely needed Turiaf or Mosgov out there WITH Amar'e. Stoudemire didn't play almost an entire quarter. Mosgov's main problem is his fouls, and I wouldn't mind the fouls on Dwight especially with we need Amar'e.

I understand Randolph not being in there if he's still playing the same or near the same, cause he has shot a lot of bad shots, but what's up with NO minutes for Mosgov? Just a couple minutes or so...

Blumatic

Rotation player
DISAGREE. Who we gonna put on D12 Mozgov? Noooooooo. Turiaf? Wont matter. Listen we are still a very limited team. We have no banger, no elite rebounder.

Lets not forget Dwight is a very good player. So he will get his. Amare canceled him out.

How many 7 footer we have. Lets no forget fouling dwight racks up team penalties. And we cant have our top guys in foul trouble. As for Gallo. I dont know which Gallo will show up.

This team is competing with the elite. As far as the non elite goes, I dont know who better than us.

Yo we play hard. Our defense is much better, but it got miles to go.

Its very tough for amare to box out when he swattin shots left and right. You cant box out while you're contesting. 4 blocks for STAT. D12 had 1. rebounding is an issue and STAT cant get just 4 rebounds but thats on him not Dantoni.

Dantoni wanted Mozgov to work but he needs time. So our best line up is 2 guards and 3 fowards. That physically wont win a championship but Dantoni is trying to bring a winning culture first. So far he doing a good job.

Magic is known as a top defensive team but Amare and Chandler got to the rack. Gallo too in the second half. So when Dwight gets there its should be a shock. he will get his. Out problem is not playing tough from jump. But we'll get there.

Tame you expectations for this team. We are not elite. And we only have problems with the elite. So we 2-5 in the last seven. Many of those teams have Finals MVPs League MVPs, Finals participants. Nobody on this team has made the All Star game as a Knick.

We are on pase for a 45 to 43 win season.

4 weeks ago these past 2 games are blowouts. Not today though.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
DISAGREE. Who we gonna put on D12 Mozgov? Noooooooo. Turiaf? Wont matter. Listen we are still a very limited team. We have no banger, no elite rebounder.

Lets not forget Dwight is a very good player. So he will get his. Amare canceled him out.

How many 7 footer we have. Lets no forget fouling dwight racks up team penalties. And we cant have our top guys in foul trouble. As for Gallo. I dont know which Gallo will show up.

This team is competing with the elite. As far as the non elite goes, I dont know who better than us.

Yo we play hard. Our defense is much better, but it got miles to go.

Its very tough for amare to box out when he swattin shots left and right. You cant box out while you're contesting. 4 blocks for STAT. D12 had 1. rebounding is an issue and STAT cant get just 4 rebounds but thats on him not Dantoni.

Dantoni wanted Mozgov to work but he needs time. So our best line up is 2 guards and 3 fowards. That physically wont win a championship but Dantoni is trying to bring a winning culture first. So far he doing a good job.

Magic is known as a top defensive team but Amare and Chandler got to the rack. Gallo too in the second half. So when Dwight gets there its should be a shock. he will get his. Out problem is not playing tough from jump. But we'll get there.

Tame you expectations for this team. We are not elite. And we only have problems with the elite. So we 2-5 in the last seven. Many of those teams have Finals MVPs League MVPs, Finals participants. Nobody on this team has made the All Star game as a Knick.

We are on pase for a 45 to 43 win season.

4 weeks ago these past 2 games are blowouts. Not today though.

Yeah I GET U.. BUT IS THAT ALL WE'LL EVER BE MAN.. COM 'ON I SEEN BAD TEAMS BEAT GOOD TEAMS, WE KEEP IT CLOSE..BUT WHATS THE POINT IF WE KEEP LOSING AND BUILDING THOSE LOSSES..IT AIN'T ALL THAT POSITIVE LIKE YOU WANNA PUT IT..I GET WHAT YOU SAYING THOUGH..BUT WE CAN'T JUST KEEP BEING A MEDIOCRE TEAM..THIS IS NYC WHEN WILL IT BE OUR TIME TO SHINE ? IT'S BEEN LIKE 100 YEARS WITH THIZ TEAM..LOL

Blumatic

Rotation player
Yeah I GET U.. BUT IS THAT ALL WE'LL EVER BE MAN.. COM 'ON I SEEN BAD TEAMS BEAT GOOD TEAMS, WE KEEP IT CLOSE..BUT WHATS THE POINT IF WE KEEP LOSING AND BUILDING THOSE LOSSES..IT AIN'T ALL THAT POSITIVE LIKE YOU WANNA PUT IT..I GET WHAT YOU SAYING THOUGH..BUT WE CAN'T JUST KEEP BEING A MEDIOCRE TEAM..THIS IS NYC WHEN WILL IT BE OUR TIME TO SHINE ? IT'S BEEN LIKE 100 YEARS WITH THIZ TEAM..LOL

Fam I feel you. When they will the chip I will cry. But We all know how teams win and win alot, it starts with players. When you have Lebron wade and bosh on the same team yea you expect championship. Who we have? Stat. Maybe felton.

Im not in championship mode yet. Im in playoff mode and we gonna get there. But Donnie gotta build a team. We a good team. But good teams dont win great teams do and we dont have a great team. John Starks says we 2 pieces away. I agree with him.

Im not into firing coaches. Coaches get fired left and right and the teams never improve. Coach changes matters when you are a playoff team that cant get over a playoff hump. Thats where we change. But now we need stability here more than anything.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Fam I feel you. When they will the chip I will cry. But We all know how teams win and win alot, it starts with players. When you have Lebron wade and bosh on the same team yea you expect championship. Who we have? Stat. Maybe felton.

Im not in championship mode yet. Im in playoff mode and we gonna get there. But Donnie gotta build a team. We a good team. But good teams dont win great teams do and we dont have a great team. John Starks says we 2 pieces away. I agree with him.

Im not into firing coaches. Coaches get fired left and right and the teams never improve. Coach changes matters when you are a playoff team that cant get over a playoff hump. Thats where we change. But now we need stability here more than anything.

Your right we need to make some moves with playas first. Before we Behead the coach..LETs see what happens man. Lets see if we can can Bring The Pain by next season..lmao:afro:

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I could agree with the fact Mike D'Antoni is exhasperating sometimes. I think Ronny should get more minutes. I don't like that 8 man rotation no matter what but... This is a limited roster. Our bench is not going to fix that problem. If we got some second unit fanatic like Hubie Brown we'd be complaining about that too.

I don't want the Knicks to become a defensive minded team. If i can choose i prefer to score 100 per game. Also, let's put things in perspective. We lost against Miami and Orlando but we're winning most of the games in our league (forget about Cleveland accident). Do you really think we would have looked much better against those two under Scott Skiles?

Right now i think the smartest thing we can do is keep D'Antoni till the end of the season. We get our playoff spot and enjoy the ride. Then, i won't be complaining if that debate starts.

By the way, who would yo like to coach the Knicks if available? Call me mad, but i would love Jim O'Brien. He's so underrated.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Bandwagon Fans coming out the wood work! Cool to see that when the Knicks lose people are actually outraged, this is a start! As for the last 2 games we played we played against 2 quality teams on the road who have a ton more talent then us and pose match-up problems. Do you really think Its D'Antoni's fault for the losses? Put in Mozgov and Randolph and we would get even more crushed by Howard and would be lost offensively.

This is a brand new team, with a solid core. We have weaknesses, as we are still young and we have not had much time to address those weaknesses. This team is a few pieces away from being legit contenders in the East. Considering how miserable we were last year, we should all be happy that Knicks Basketball is even relevant let alone fun to watch. Donnie's steady rebuilding approach has been painful, but we have just begun to reap the rewards of the process. This team can only improve in the next 3-4 years, so the fickle fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Bandwagon Fans coming out the wood work! Cool to see that when the Knicks lose people are actually outraged, this is a start! As for the last 2 games we played we played against 2 quality teams on the road who have a ton more talent then us and pose match-up problems. Do you really think Its D'Antoni's fault for the losses? Put in Mozgov and Randolph and we would get even more crushed by Howard and would be lost offensively.

This is a brand new team, with a solid core. We have weaknesses, as we are still young and we have not had much time to address those weaknesses. This team is a few pieces away from being legit contenders in the East. Considering how miserable we were last year, we should all be happy that Knicks Basketball is even relevant let alone fun to watch. Donnie's steady rebuilding approach has been painful, but we have just begun to reap the rewards of the process. This team can only improve in the next 3-4 years, so the fickle fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride.
LMAO..3 TO 4 YEARS..MAN THAT'S A LITTLE CRAZY RIGHT THERE ?
BY THAT TIME, STAT WILL BE IN HIS LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT. DO YOU THINK HE'S GOING TO HAVE ANY KNEES LEFT RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE COURT IN 3 TO 4 YEARS..I GET YOU BRO. YOU TRYING TO BE POSTIVE THAT'S COOL AND ALL. BUT LETS BE REALISTIC HERE. STATS 27 NOT 21..THIS TEAM AS I SEE IT, LACKS ALOT OF THINGS..THERE'S GONNA COME A TIME THAT WE GOT TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES . YUP WE WERE MISERABLE LAST YEAR AND MANY YEARS BEFORE THAT..MAYBE TO THE POINT WHERE WE ARE TAKING SOME LOSSES TO LIGHTLY AT TIMES. LETS FACE IT, I FEEL DWALSH WILL MAKE MOVES. THE QUESTION IS WHEN ? I DON'T WANT TO SEE CHANDLER GO. HOWEVER, GALLI DON'T DO IT FOR ME..I THINK HE'LL MAKE A GOOD PLAYER BUT ON A CONTENDING TEAM. NOT A TEAM THAT'S IS MEDIORCE AND TRYING TO GET BETTER.
JUST IMO..

moneyg

Starter
I have been sayin this for the longest

O'antoni is probably best suited as an top ASSistant coach in this league like he was for team USA.

The reason I bring up team USA is becuz most of yall compare team USA playin small lineups to the NBA. What a joke

What really upsets me is that we are running down our players and when STAT gets in foul trouble, he has to back off on defense and other teams knows it. So they force switches and go right at him.

Turkalo knew amare didn't want to pick up his 6th. Tried to sucker Stat into that bring the arms up under foul on the reach, Stat back up and he sinks the dagger

I think in that situation Stat has to take away the 3 and force turk to drive and maybe someone can step up and draw a charge.

O'antoni. Our coach

Love the record. Hate the path.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I have been sayin this for the longest

O'antoni is probably best suited as an top ASSistant coach in this league like he was for team USA.

The reason I bring up team USA is becuz most of yall compare team USA playin small lineups to the NBA. What a joke

What really upsets me is that we are running down our players and when STAT gets in foul trouble, he has to back off on defense and other teams knows it. So they force switches and go right at him.

Turkalo knew amare didn't want to pick up his 6th. Tried to sucker Stat into that bring the arms up under foul on the reach, Stat back up and he sinks the dagger

I think in that situation Stat has to take away the 3 and force turk to drive and maybe someone can step up and draw a charge.

O'antoni. Our coach

Love the record. Hate the path.

I love it. Too many people are hooked on this team winning right now because of the past decade...but are ignoring what this team needs to become elite.

"Love the record. Hate the Path..."

+1 rep for that.

moneyg

Starter
Oh yeah

And then he expands his rotation and brings in walker instead of a bigger player. What sense does that make.

This is some sad $hit