Mike D has to go

New New York

Quiet Storm
It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...

I know that when the team losses it upsets people, but lets look at the facts here!

1 Sorry to say it but, .Mogov and Randolph is not enough to hold off Dwight! Mozgov is not a good rebounder (horrible hands) which is where we got killed tonight more than anything, so yes they do represent 12 fouls but on the offensive side of the ball they are both limited, so do you stall the offense just for 12 fouls to use on Dwight who did not shoot the ball great anyways (more on that later)

2. Why did we not go to a Hack A Shaq? Because it was the fluidity of the game that allowed the Knicks to come back! Watch the game again, as The Knicks mounted a comeback in the 4th the scoring came on a lot of scores off of us grabbing the board, running up the court, and having the Magic try to scramble to shooters. Plus Orlando was shooting horribly from the feild in the 4th, they were shooting themselves out of the game, so there is no need for a Hack A Shaq!

3.Dwight shot 8-19 from the field! This is considred a success on a player who shoots about .600 for the season! What more can you ask for when you are talking about a player of Dwight's skill.

I get being upset about the loss and I guess there always needs to be a "fall guy" so I guess in your opion it is Mike and you're right about us needing a quality 7 ft player out there tonight being the reason why we loss, but the real problem is that we don't have one, not that Mike D did not play him! I mean another reason why we loss the game was our horrible shooting from 3, would Roger Mason have solved that!?

sitting Mozgov and Randolph is not like sitting David Robinson and Duncan!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Mos and Randolph might not be enough to hold off Dwight but that's 12 fouls right there you can use to force him to make free throws, it's not really ideal but you'd rather Mos or Randolph guarding him than Wilson ****ing Chandler...I'd say of the 3...he has the least chance to do anything.

But putting in either guy would "disrupt" things offensively since they're not up to snuff...so, like Moneyg said, when the rotation gets expanded...it's Bill Walker.

:thumbsup: Good Job coach.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I mean...call me crazy...but I'd rather see Mosgov with 4-5 fouls in the 3rd as opposed to Stoudemire. And if Wilson Chandler is having a monster game...I don't put him in a situation he is surely going to loss in trying to guard Dwight in the post off of a switch.

If I have two "useless" big bodies on the bench...they're gonna be the dudes getting abused by Dwight and racking up fouls, not the players I NEED on the court.

I wonder what was going thru Will's head when Dwight started to back him down....come one folks...you're better than this...

moneyg

Starter
You know what else is sad. The magic plan to get bigger. Their GM said that they need another big down the stretch for about 4 teams they will face. Which means there are about 20 teams bigger than us.
We might as well trade the russian for duhon mr O'antoni.

Let's get Camby becuz at least he can shoot a 15 footer and that will at least satisfy our coach enough to put him on the floor.

Free mason, AR, walker and tmo

Send andy to the d league

Shoot Curry

moneyg

Starter
You know what else is sad. The magic plan to get bigger. Their GM said that they need another big down the stretch for about 4 teams they will face. Which means there are about 20 teams bigger than us.
We might as well trade the russian for duhon mr O'antoni.

Let's get Camby becuz at least he can shoot a 15 footer and that will at least satisfy our coach enough to put him on the floor.

Free mason, AR, walker and tmo

Send andy to the d league

Shoot Curry

<<<<<<<By the way, who would yo like to coach the Knicks if available? Call me mad, but i would love Jim O'Brien. He's so underrated.>>>>>>

I'd like to see Bill Lambier coaching the Knicks next year...

When we lose we need scapegoats; not that scapegoats can't be real issues and problems that need fixing. But you're just fooling yourself if you think MD being replaced would do anything in us winning these games.<when lose="" we="" scapegoats;="" not="" scapegoats="" can="" t="" be="" real="" issues="" and="" problems="" that="" need="" fixing.="" but="" re="" just="" fooling="" yourself="" if="" you="" think="" md="" being="" replaced="" would="" do="" anything="" in="" us="" winning="" these="" games.=""><when lose="" we="" scapegoats;="" not="" scapegoats="" can="" t="" be="" real="" issues="" and="" problems="" that="" need="" fixing.="" but="" re="" just="" fooling="" yourself="" if="" you="" think="" md="" being="" replaced="" would="" do="" anything="" in="" us="" winning="" these="" games.="">

I beg to differ. These last two games were winnable. So were the two games against Boston. A couple of shrewd coaching moves here and there and we win these games. I mean late in the game why not put Turiaf in on defense? We need stops. He gives us a better chance at getting those stops. Just because these players dont fit your offense doesnt mean they cant help you win games.</when></when>

I love it. Too many people are hooked on this team winning right now because of the past decade...but are ignoring what this team needs to become elite.

What does this team being elite have to do with losing winnable games? Boston twice, Miami, Orlando. The coach did nothing to try to win the game. Last night especially. They want to dump it down to Dwight. Fine. We have 18 fouls we can use on his 50% from the foul line shooting ass. If Dwight beats you from the line SOBEIT. I'd rather have him there than dunking every time down...

Another thing. Say we do use up our fouls on Dwight win the game, that's something Van Gundy has to worry about the next time we play them. What does he do? Bench Dwight? Not feature him as much? Or keep pumping it into him down low. Hey, I love the Knicks offense with MDA. But he needs to strategize more with the players he has on the defensive end. Hell defense is 50% of basketball...

Last edited:

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Bandwagon Fans coming out the wood work! Cool to see that when the Knicks lose people are actually outraged, this is a start! As for the last 2 games we played we played against 2 quality teams on the road who have a ton more talent then us and pose match-up problems. Do you really think Its D'Antoni's fault for the losses? Put in Mozgov and Randolph and we would get even more crushed by Howard and would be lost offensively.

This is a brand new team, with a solid core. We have weaknesses, as we are still young and we have not had much time to address those weaknesses. This team is a few pieces away from being legit contenders in the East. Considering how miserable we were last year, we should all be happy that Knicks Basketball is even relevant let alone fun to watch. Donnie's steady rebuilding approach has been painful, but we have just begun to reap the rewards of the process. This team can only improve in the next 3-4 years, so the fickle fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride.

No disrespect but how do you figure ppl are on the bandwagon..oh lemme guess becus your join year is 2006.. that doesnt mean anything guy.. remember one thing we are all here to support the NY Knicks.. whether someone joined when the website started or if they joined today.... we should all be here discussing the Knicks.....
like i said in the beginning no disrespect.. but i just dont find it right saying ppl are on the bandwagon

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
To all of the people who say there was something better we could have done against teams like Miami, Boston and the Magic, I have this to say: WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE HORSES.

It's okay to be disappointed after a loss, but you also have to try to maintain some modicum of realism.

For one, Chandler wasn't on Dwight that much. I saw Gallo on him a lot, getting baptized by God himself.. And if Chandler got caught on him a couple of times so be it. I'd rather have Chandler on Dwight than Moz or AR, because atleast w Chandler you know he's giving you something on the other end. In last night's case he gave em 30.. You can't argue w that. Moz and AR are useless on offense, and defense against Dwight for that matter. So you live w Chandler having to play D against bigger guys at times.

The reason you live w it is because n the NBA you have to play to your strengths. Our strength is offenze. It puts us right in the mix against the better teams and has allowed us to eat good against the average/bad teams thruout the league. You can't have it both ways.

Smh at you guys that are asking AR and Moz. They are both useless right now and would look even more inept against Dwight. You guys need to stop.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I dunno about that. 12 fouls for bench players is better than 12 fouls for starters. If we're gonna end up in the penalty anyway it might as well go to players who are deemed useless while our offensive "threats" stay in the game.

At some point you have to sacrifice a little of something for the greater good of the team. So throw the offensively "inefficient" Moz or AR out there to absorb some of STAT's fouls so that way he's not willingly playing matador defense or not being as aggressive on the offensive end...or hell, just not even out there cause he has 5 fouls in the first couple of mins of the 4th.

Out coach your opponent. Stop switching every damn thing, foul Dwight with useless bodies, force him to hit free throws, maintain your star's relevance on the court.

11 fouls between Moz and AR vs Dwight >>>>>>>>>> 10 fouls between STAT and Chandler vs Dwight, especially when they combined for like 60 points. I don't think AR or Moz would have prevented either from doing what they did on offense, so there's no excuse other than "if you don't have any offensive value then you have no value to Mike D."

The coach thinks he can run a short rotation all the way thru the season. He will wear them out. What will happen if Stat goes down? He cant even use his bench because he dosen't know how to coach to players strength...It's not like we have a bench load of garbage. He rather hold onto his talent lacking Godson instead of upgrading. He plays a man 2 man defense with way too many double teaming around the arch. Wilson, Turiuf, Stat, should stay around the basket and paint...not assist on doubles...that crap always expose us to easy baskets in the paint. This coach is stubborn, arrogant and extremely overrated. Why in the hell do we need to find him specific players...I thought this game was about the Ballers...not the coach. He just can't adapt and will always blame others for his shortcomings.

If he would spend more time learning how to coach and designing plays for his roster instead of being on TV running his mouth all the time...he might just figure it out.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
The coach thinks he can run a short rotation all the way thru the season. He will wear them out. What will happen if Stat goes down? He cant even use his bench because he dosen't know how to coach to players strength...It's not like we have a bench load of garbage. He rather hold onto his talent lacking Godson instead of upgrading. He plays a man 2 man defense with way too many double teaming around the arch. Wilson, Turiuf, Stat, should stay around the basket and paint...not assist on doubles...that crap always expose us to easy baskets in the paint. This coach is stubborn, arrogant and extremely overrated. Why in the hell do we need to find him specific players...I thought this game was about the Ballers...not the coach. He just can't adapt and will always blame others for his shortcomings.

If he would spend more time learning how to coach and designing plays for his roster instead of being on TV running his mouth all the time...he might just figure it out.

I couldn`t agree with that sentiment more, spot on.

I was watching the Spurs Lakers game the other day and when Tiago Splitter came off the bench the commentator was saying that he hadn`t offered the Spurs anything in terms of his numbers all season.

the other commentator than said - and I`m paraphrasing here - "That is true, but he`s young and needs to leran to play at NBA level so even though he might not give you much now giving him minutes agianst the Lakers and other teams is very important because that experience will make him a better player".

This is something that no D`Toni doesn`t understand. He keeps saying that AR and Mozgov have to improve but how will they improve if they never get any minutes. Yes, maybe they won`t contribute much now but they must play to gain experience and to take some of the minutes from amar`e and give him some rest. No D`Toni is a complete idiot. He thinks he can go the whole season with a seven or eight man rotation. Our starters will be completely blown out.

We have to go deeper to the bench even if they do not give us much now. They have to be developed and the starters must get some rest.

iSaYughh

Starter
To all of the people who say there was something better we could have done against teams like Miami, Boston and the Magic, I have this to say: WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE HORSES.

It's okay to be disappointed after a loss, but you also have to try to maintain some modicum of realism.

For one, Chandler wasn't on Dwight that much. I saw Gallo on him a lot, getting baptized by God himself.. And if Chandler got caught on him a couple of times so be it. I'd rather have Chandler on Dwight than Moz or AR, because atleast w Chandler you know he's giving you something on the other end. In last night's case he gave em 30.. You can't argue w that. Moz and AR are useless on offense, and defense against Dwight for that matter. So you live w Chandler having to play D against bigger guys at times.

The reason you live w it is because n the NBA you have to play to your strengths. Our strength is offenze. It puts us right in the mix against the better teams and has allowed us to eat good against the average/bad teams thruout the league. You can't have it both ways.

Smh at you guys that are asking AR and Moz. They are both useless right now and would look even more inept against Dwight. You guys need to stop.

What a nice, crisp post.

This team was still a laughing stock going into opening night. Another playoff miss. Maybe lap dogs that squeek into playoffs as first round fodder.

A middling pg.
A 2nd round rookie starter.
No center.
An overpaid desperation- got star.
A few prospects.

I'll just state it: Mike D'antoni has spoiled everyone. Not that our success and surpassed expectations are entirely d'ant. But if you're going to give the man such control and responsibility for things, it'll include positives.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
What a nice, crisp post.

This team was still a laughing stock going into opening night. Another playoff miss. Maybe lap dogs that squeek into playoffs as first round fodder.

A middling pg.
No center.
A few prospects.

I'll just state it: Mike D'antoni has spoiled everyone. Not that our success and surpassed expectations are entirely d'ant. But if you're going to give the man such control and responsibility for things, it'll include positives.

I couldn't disagree with Your analysis more..He Spoiled everyone!
Man is that a joke ? You Guyz are happy with this team being mediocre for the next 3 to 5 years I' ain't man. We need to stop making excuses, if this team continues to look lost at the 4th quarter.. Man we gotta becareful with what we say, Because this team has a tough schedule..And there's No such thing as Good losses..I Feel you though. We SUCKED!! For many years. But it dosen't mean we must accept being mediocre For years. IN MY IMO.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
What a nice, crisp post.

A middling pg.
No center.
A few prospects.

Thx iSaYughh!

Yah people need to relax. This team is not that talented yet.. I agree that D'ant has these boys playing above their respective heads, w the exception of Amare. Hell, a case could be made that he's even exceeded expectations prolly..

But, we're not where we want to be talent wise yet. People need to remember that and temper their greedy little expectations down some.

And who said we'd be average year after year. This team is slowly being built up into a contender. Donnie is being patient so we're gonna have to be patient. Try to remember where came from people. This team was an insipid, hot mess.

I believe wholeheartedly there will come a time in the not too distant future, when we'll be able make a statement in games against the best teams. And by make a statement I mean send a message w an ass kicking that says, "We are not to be trifled w. We're to be feared mfs!!".

That time is comin'. But we're not there yet.. Slow, steady growth is afoot. Patience is key.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Antoni Truth

from your mouth to godson's ears, could not agree with you more, baller.
been saying this since Antoni got here.
:beer: