Knicks interested in Omri Casspi?

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
Knicks and Bulls in talk of trade rumors for Omri Casspi.

Stein Line HQ favorite Omri Casspi is also the subject of trade calls Sacramento is fielding, sources close to the situation say. The major difference, of course, is that Cousins has been deemed an untouchable by the Kings while Casspi ? depending on the quality of the offers ? is a legit candidate to be moved before the Feb. 24 trading deadline.Among the teams that have registered interest in the NBA's first-ever Israeli: Chicago and New York.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
sounds like a good pick up to me. depends who they would want in return. Mozgov and bill walker would be my choice.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
A good player is always wellcomed. But i'm afraid we don't have anything to offer them. Rautins+Walker? I don't think so. Given the case, bring him in. Poor man's Gallinari? I say depth. He's better than Shawn Williams by far.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I don`t understand what we would gain in acquiring him. He doesn`t defend but he shoots a lot of three`s. Oh, wait, no D-Toni is our coach,

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think it is funny that every time there is a rumor that a player might be available a thread pops up here with an argument on why we would want them!?!?!?!? Knicks have 2-3 very specific needs to fill PERIOD.

This coach is trying his best to aquire 3 pt shooters to mask his lack of Defense. We don't need another mediocre tall guy for shooting, we need them for D and boards. I wish the coach concentrates more on pure all around scorers and leave the Euro-Long ball style of playing for over seas.

We need players that can play both ends of the court and not settle for mis placed big men standing around the 3PT line, instead of around the paint. And I wonder why we get out rebounded so much...

Game Announcers -" The Knicks shoots another threeeee"

* ball bricks off rim*

Game Announcers-" and the Knicks give up another easy basket off of the long rebound!"

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
**** that, we dont need em. Telfair and if we add Vareijo, Blatche, McGee or Thompson and were straight.

Pursue melo ONLY if the price is right

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
**** that, we dont need em. Telfair and if we add Vareijo, Blatche, McGee or Thompson and were straight.

Pursue melo ONLY if the price is right

Telfair????? Really, dude never really went anywhere or lived up too the promise... Varejo or even Blatche I can see; although I'm not sure Blatche's game would work well with STAT. I like Blatche, he has talent and is just a mid level contract but I think he needs to have the offense pass through him like STAT and that could be an issue. Varejo, on the other hand, would compliment STAT the best since he's not a player that needs to always touch the ball, he seems to be comfortable in the low paint and he is a defensive minded big like Turiaf.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i like the idea of Telfair, hes a backup im not saying get him and lets replace him with Felton. have him run the point while Felton gets his much needed rest, especially as we inch closer to the playoffs. Telfair is a solid backup PG could pass and could score the ball his penetration is real good. he gets to the line i dont see why not.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
i like the idea of Telfair, hes a backup im not saying get him and lets replace him with Felton. have him run the point while Felton gets his much needed rest, especially as we inch closer to the playoffs. Telfair is a solid backup PG could pass and could score the ball his penetration is real good. he gets to the line i dont see why not.

What about Aaron Brooks? I heard about the Rockets wanting to trade him and he'd be a major improvement for us.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I don't really want any part of Ridnour's contract...do we really need him? Can't we just trade a 2nd round pick for a backup PG like Sebastian Telfair?