curry, AR and Azzy for Zach and Tony Allen.. Memphis will look to save for Gasol..

moneyg

Starter
While i doubt there will be many upward trades for us..... i think there will be minor more lateral moves like this....

Memphis as we all know would luv to resign Gasol.. and we aint getting him.. they will look to save money and are not going to resign Zach.

they are currently 10th in the west 3 games out of the 8th and if they fall further down or remain where they are at by the trade deadline..they will make moves for the future

tony allen plays good defense and can play some point and has 3 years left on his contract for about 3mil per

how this breaks down

Zach 17.3 mil
Allen 3 mil
TOTAL 20.3 MIL

Curry 11.3 mil
Azzy 3.4 mil
AR 2.9 mil
TOTAL 17.6 MIL

This will save Memphis about 3 mil and if Azzy doesnt come back and insurance picks up the majority of his contract....

Memphis can save about 5 mil which they can put toward Gasol's new contract

We will gain a low post threat and rebounder with a mid range jumper..

I'm not saying start him alongside Amare which im sure O'antoni would do...but he will help out the bench when Amare sits..and our coach doesnt like much convential bigs

I know most of you guys dont like Zach.. or thinks he is a ball hog.. but I think he can buy into the system now that it has some structure to it and im sure Amare willl make sure he stays in line

If we can squeeze a pick out of this.. even if its a second rounder.. i think this trade makes us much better for this year while maintaing cap flexability and improved defense and rebounding...

Shit I'd even keep Zach.. He's a rebounding machine.. which we need.. and as we all know he can put the ball in the hole. He can come off the Bench for Amare..

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
I don't like it. One way or another curry's salary would have to be used to get Melo.
In addition I don't like randolf's lack of D from that position . He and Amare together on the floor (an inevitability) sounds horrible no movement on O whatsoever.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Not a terrible deal, but we should keep our assets until the Carmelo front is resolved. These deals for Z-Bo and Casspi and whatnot all sound pretty good but the point is if we lose out on Carmelo because of it then we're morons

moneyg

Starter
I don't like it. One way or another curry's salary would have to be used to get Melo.
In addition I don't like randolf's lack of D from that position . He and Amare together on the floor (an inevitability) sounds horrible no movement on O whatsoever.

Zach contract is expiring.. if the Melo situation matures we can flip Zach back to denver.. or use his expiring contract to have cap space for melo..

who do u think denver would prfer zach or curry.. come on guys...

moneyg

Starter
if it doesnt work out.. who are we losing... AR.. someone that will never play signifigant minutes as a Knick..

i think a playoff contender would rather have a guy like toney Allen because he has playoff experience and is savy... he like turiaf at the guard position

KingCharles34

All Star
i love ZBO no homo but not a good idea, hes a liability on defense. Tony Allen is arguably the best non-superstar defensive player at the 2 guard position as he has proven he can slow down Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Its too bad Zbo sucks at defense :(

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If you look at my MUCH older posts, I was calling for Zach before Isiah traded for him but didn't want him and curry together. I think Zach is a great player, his strengths and weaknesses are in line with this team but I would worry about him being able to sustain the Knicks pace game after game. Also, not sure how he would react to having his playing time cut and touches cut because STAT and ZBO both need the offense run through them so STAT is the #1 option. I would LOVE Tony Allen on this team and that is the type of move the Knicks need to make. I would see if I could work out a deal for Allen, don't think ZBO would work out as well as we think....

skisloper

Starter
We do not need or want Z .
He plays no defense, Not a team player and gets in his fair share of off the court trouble.

Bring back NO Players from the Isiah era !!!!

Zach Randolph gets his points and rebound. His teams are all losers.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
zach dont play no defense.....damn yall memory is short.

Who on the Knicks does besides Turiaf and he is an average defender (Don't confuse shot blocking and rebounding for defense)? Mike D'Antoni runs a certain style and that is that! While ZBO is not an option for this incarnation of the Knicks, he is a tenacious rebounder and scorer and his game falls right into line with what these Knicks do and that is a fact. I agree that he is not the answer now, we need a player that compliments STAT. Also, I do think he lacks the athleticism for this team as well....

moneyg

Starter
zach dont play no defense.....damn yall memory is short.

as i stated.. this is a lateral move.. this can not hurt our team only help it.. if z bo doesnt work out.. we can simply cut him.. like we are going to do with curry if he can not be used in a trade before the deadline.

most of yall said amare and gallo played no defense too.... do you think amre is playing better defense than he did prior???

quoting sam cassel... " i knew i wasnt the greatest defensive player on the court, but i would wear down my opponent on the other end of the court"

at least z bo rebounds and gets to the foul line...

when amare sits where is our low post presence???

how does this make us a more worse team???

this is a low risk high reward move.. and i questioned anyones knowledge of basketball that disagree.

yall act like i said we should keep zach..im assuming u rather have curry then an able body than can play and score and rebound with the best of them...

so i guess your saying if you were the coach and z bo was on the team.. you wouldnt play him when amare sat because of what... he doent play great defense... you would be fired..better option than what we got in curry and AR clearly..

yall bugged out...

side note.. chandler is from the isaih era.. why dont we get rid of him too..

legend33

Rookie
i knew this lil kid was an idiot, but this just seals the deal for me...

lmfaoz, zach? BWAHAHAHAHA.... We got the black isiah postin here guys.

I wouldnt touch that guy with yours kiddo. HORRIBLE idea, horribly posts, just HORRIBLE...

Zach is about the last thing you want EVER.... AND I MEAN EVER!

moneyg

Starter

I wouldnt touch that guy with yours kiddo. HORRIBLE idea, horribly posts, just HORRIBLE...

its clear you have the brain the size of a pea.. u havent said one interesting on this forum other than cursing and callin names... its a shame you can not use logic and think outside of the box on how we can improve our team by giving away as little as possible...its clear your the childish kid.. i feel sorry for your parents..LMAO

moneyg

Starter

oh and by the way.. i am black..Jamaican if u need to know...and i aint no lil kid..one thing i know for sure....ur limited mentally and didnt even read the entire thread.. if u need attention.. go streaking at the next basketball game..

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
its clear you have the brain the size of a pea.. u havent said one interesting on this forum other than cursing and callin names... its a shame you can not use logic and think outside of the box on how we can improve our team by giving away as little as possible...its clear your the childish kid.. i feel sorry for your parents..LMAO

I understand exactley what is going on here. We trade nothing for a player who has way more value right now than anyone you mentioned trading... Also Zach's contract rolls off the books at the end of the year...

Gives us another player that can draw double teams and knock down 10-20 ft jump shots...

Checkmate lol!!!!:gony::beer: