San Antonio Sperms vs. New York Knicks: 1-4-11

welcometonycity

Rotation player
That is The key, The Rebounding, We have to rebound ! Yeah I hope Antoni
Uses AR , Because you know how M'Antoni is already with playas in The Doghouse. We could use pretty much everybody on that bench.
Especially with Galli out .

yeah bro use the bench give the Vets rest so we can use them when we NEED them. Galo's out lets see if he tries something new.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
The Spurs are exactly the type of team the Knicks need to emulate. A consistent dynasty. They've been very good consistently for like a decade. I pray that Donnie can elevate us to that level in the future. I have a lot of faith in him and this tteam.

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
I'm not interesting in win at all. I want to see my team play with a true center, develop Mozgov and AR and use the bench because this is the only way to improve the team and in prospective win a title.
D'ANT SEEMS HE WANTS TO WIN SINGLE GAME BUT WE HAVE TO BECOME A LEGIT CONTENDER

Red

TYPE-A
Knicks' keys against the Spurs
January, 4, 2011
JAN 4
12:44
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Jared Zwerling
It's not so much of a surprise that the Spurs, who enter the Garden tonight, have the best record in the league at 29-4. Since 1997, when the team drafted Tim Duncan, they've won at least 50 games each year and haven't missed the playoffs once. (During the half-season lockout in 1998-99, they won 37.) What's been a surprise is how they've amassed that record with Duncan being only the team's third-leading scorer (13.6 ppg, a career-low). Here's how they're doing it and how the Knicks have to stop it:
Gregg Popovich, who's now in his 15th season as Spurs head coach, has for the first time ditched his deliberate halfcourt offense in favor of an up-tempo attack. Since Duncan's arrival, the team has never been higher than 19th in possessions per 48 minutes; they now rank 10th. The Spurs' 105.6 points per game rank fourth in the league; the previous high for a Popovich-coached team was 10th. They have done it by moving away from Duncan as the focal point of the offense and targeting their guard play. As a result, Manu Ginobili has raised his scoring average from the past two seasons to 18.7 ppg and he's second in the league in three-pointers made per game (2.5). Also, Tony Parker is averaging a career-best 7.1 assists. Not to mention, the Spurs are spreading out their scoring. In addition to the double-figure Big 3 of Duncan, Ginobili and Parker, Richard Jefferson is averaging 13.4 points and George Hill is averaging 11.5 off the bench. From SI.com: "They're pushing the ball better than any team in the league," says a Western Conference scout. "They're unselfish, and the ball moves fluidly. It's like they were built to play like this." The Knicks' transition defense will have to be at its best tonight and they'll need to be aware of cross-court passes and quick look-aheads, which Popovich has stressed since training camp.
While the Spurs' defense is not picture-perfect like it was when they won four titles, it's still strong. They're holding opponents to 96.7 points per game, which is the 10th-best mark in the league. Now that Danilo Gallinari is out for two to three weeks with a mild left knee sprain, the Knicks will need a scoring boost. But their defense shouldn't have a big setback.

W/ GALLINARI W/O GALLINARI
Pts/48 Mins 108.9 99.4 (937 in 452 min)
Opp Pts/48 Mins 106.9 101.3 (955 in 452 min)
Pt diff/48 Mins +2.0 -1.9 (-18 in 452 min)
FG pct 48.0 43.1 (350-812)
3-pt FG pct 38.6 34.1 (85-249)
Opp FG pct 47.7 44.2 (353-799)
Opp 3-pt FG pct 38.9 32.2 (56-174)

Without Gallo, Toney Douglas needs to pick up right where he left off against the Pacers (12 points and seven assists in 29 minutes). It was arguably the backup point guard's best game as a scorer and playmaker. Also Shawne Williams will have to hit some big threes and if Landry Fields can create a little more off the dribble and get to the line, which he's capable of, that wouldn't hurt either. Overall, expect to see the starting five play more than their league-high 38.9 minutes per game average because the Knicks will need everything and more from them to stymie the Spurs.

Unfortunately, the Knicks' first unit needs to have a perfect game tonight to beat the Spurs because, right now, they don't have enough punch off the bench. When the Magic beat the Spurs 123-101 on December 23, even though they got outrebounded 46 vs. 39, which could eat up the Knicks tonight (from Duncan to DeJuan Blair), they got enough second-unit production to overcome the Spurs' fast-paced charge (44 points). After Douglas and Williams, the question becomes: Who else can step up offensively?

Compiled by Mike Lynch, ESPN Research
ALthough we struggle scoring points without Gallo's contribution, I find it funny that opponents points per is lower without him. Obviously that means our defense is better w/ Turiaf, but also another defender (and better strategy) added with Gallo should make a big difference.

This team seems too much to handle, Pop will try to exploit the interior (duh) and still have quality guard play.

Hopefully we complete down low but don't overplay or Parker and Ginobili will kill us.

This game and the circumstance begs for an appearance by the DNP bigs on the bench.

My bet is MDA won't budge, other wing players like Walker etc...

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I'm not interesting in win at all. I want to see my team play with a true center, develop Mozgov and AR and use the bench because this is the only way to improve the team and in prospective win a title.
D'ANT SEEMS HE WANTS TO WIN SINGLE GAME BUT WE HAVE TO BECOME A LEGIT CONTENDER

I Agree, we do have to become a contender within a year or 2. But I don't know if AR will be part of this team by next year, Since Antoni dosen't like using him at all, I kinda Feel bad for AR..He looks So Depressed sometimes.
I know he's want to be out there, But he needs to show the coach that he belongs on This team, If D' antoni ever gives him the chance . He needs to get him out there. :thumbsup:

Aristoteles

Benchwarmer
I Agree, we do have to become a contender within a year or 2. But I don't know if AR will be part of this team by next year, Since Antoni dosen't like using him at all, I kinda Feel bad for AR..He looks So Depressed sometimes.
I know he's want to be out there, But he needs to show the coach that he belongs on This team, If D' antoni ever gives him the chance . He needs to get him out there. :thumbsup:

The real question is: Can we become a contender with Amare at C and a small lineups.
No, of course.
Use a small line can be a possibility during a match but not the start.
So use Moz and Turiaf at C and Amare and AR at 4. Probably in the beginning you loose but this is the road to become a contender

Blas

Benchwarmer
So far we are looking good.

I love Felton getting the guys together and talking to them after the chandler turnover which turned into the foul on richardson. I love Chandler owning up to his mistake. You see him telling the team 'my bad.'

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Williams is bringing it! Fabulous.

Landry is the f'ing man.

Love that we're playing well with STAT resting.

Blas

Benchwarmer
To think people were furious for keeping this kid of PEJ.

Man, Fields playing like an animal. A couple of times when STAT shot a jumper in the outside Fields beats his man on the baseline to be ready for the offensive rebound.

I love it.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Sup y'all,

Second quarter half over and still no AR, or Moz. They r ridiculously buried.

That said, we're going toe to toe w a legitimate contender. We're defending well, rebounding fine and having virtually no trouble scoring. Hope we can keep it up.

I love my team.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Sup y'all,

Second quarter half over and still no AR, or Moz. They r ridiculously buried.

That said, we're going toe to toe w a legitimate contender. We're defending well, rebounding fine and having virtually no trouble scoring. Hope we can keep it up.

I love my team.

I got so mad wen i saw Chandler at center. Shout outs to Shawne Williams, playing a good game..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I got so mad wen i saw Chandler at center. Shout outs to Shawne Williams, playing a good game..

I hear u. Idk man.. I just kinda accept that this the way we play. Tho I kno its not a proven recipe for a championship.

I mean, for us to win it all playing small ball we would have to have such balanced, talented team.

Donnie's got his work but out for him for sure.

from a cavs fan

hey knicks fans whats up just want to say that I'm impressed by the knicks this season... Amare was always one of my favourite players and I watched a lot of knicks games when the Cavs didn't play... hope you guys beat those miami cheat in the playoffs... first of all beat those spurs hehe... peace:beer:

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I hear u. Idk man.. I just kinda accept that this the way we play. Tho I kno its not a proven recipe for a championship.

I mean, for us to win it all playing small ball we would have to have such balanced, talented team.

Donnie's got his work but out for him for sure.

Yea i accept it too, just chandler at center bugged me out a lil. For us to win playing small ball we need to have an on night shooting, such as tonight. When we shoot good we are lights out, other than that its Amare carrying us.
Lets have a good second half, lets go Knicks.:gony: we miss u Galo.. lol loookin fresh with the black on black like D'ant in 2k

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
AR is not even in D'antoni's vocabulary, I just don't understand it and never will. You mean to tell me that Williams, Walker, Gallinari are better than AR. I will choose AR over those three in the long run. If I were AR I would crush those scrubs and dunk on all of them in practice. I love my Knicks but I'm not in love with all this 3's being put up. I already know how that movie panned out while he was coaching Phoenix. I don't trusted and never will support that BS type of basketball. Play the big lineup for once and establish domination to get far in the playoffs. Fools goals as Pat Riley would say with those long bombs over the course of time.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
AR is not even in D'antoni's vocabulary, I just don't understand it and never will. You mean to tell me that Williams, Walker, Gallinari are better than AR. I will choose AR over those three in the long run. If I were AR I would crush those scrubs and dunk on all of them in practice. I love my Knicks but I'm not in love with all this 3's being put up. I already know how that movie panned out while he was coaching Phoenix. I don't trusted and never will support that BS type of basketball. Play the big lineup for once and establish domination to get far in the playoffs. Fools goals as Pat Riley would say with those long bombs over the course of time.

Yeah there's only so many 3"s we can keep throwing up. But We actually look a little better without Galli, Don't ge me wrong I like him, But this is kinda interesting..Without him. hmmm