Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallo Again

I am definitely a Gallo fan, but except for a couple of very timely makes late in the game, his performance last night, though good, was nothing to rave about. I mean he even missed 3 foul shots.

Gallo's driving has been a real improvement from last year and he is drawing fouls, but he is not a great finisher. Given his stroke, he should be draining more outside shots than he has been doing.

I definitely think he is a keeper who has plenty of upside as he gets stronger and more aggressive. He is definitely not as bad as some of us contend but neither is he -- currently -- as good as others of us proclaim.

By the way, I tried to determine the source and/or validity of suggestions that D'antoni was Gallo's godfather. I googled it. Hey guys, Knicksonline is the source of that rumor. I know that D'Antoni played with his father and was his roommate for a time, but where is the evidence that he is his actual godfather?

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
He didn't have a great game for us. He had a al right game for us. 5 out of 15 shots is not good. Weak defense is not good. What I did see and do like is his ability to get to the charity stripe. Why teams foul him instead of making him continue his drive to the rack is mind boggling. But I'll take it if teams are willing to give that to us, finally he was looking like a role player and not some lucky guy fortunate enough to play on poppa's team. We' ll see if he can do it in the next game...will he be consistant or will he default to his usual self. If he plays at a high level ( or atleast matches the teams energy and chemistry I'll be happy. I have no problem giving credit where it is due.

I'm not going to give him to much props yet because he played against a team that didn't play in almost a week. Plus Bosh was out, and Lebron missed many easy baskets...baskets he normally makes with his eyes closed. The Knicks won in the last moments, on paper they was suppose to win and they narrowly pulled it out. but a win is a win in my book.

His defence was bad?? :) did you notice that he was defending Lebron? what was Lebron's numbers that game again?? can you mention a game where he did not defend well?
now the funny thing about Gallo haters is that even with very obvious good things they try to make something bad of it, you are wondering why teams are fouling him while he drives :)........... I guess accoring to you, because all the nba teams are stupid and because he is lucky very much!!! now that is logic....:barf:

SlimChin

Rookie
i know i'm going to get killed by all of Gallo's paesanos.

but Gallo is a career role player?aint nothing wrong with that.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He didn't have a great game for us. He had a al right game for us. 5 out of 15 shots is not good. Weak defense is not good. What I did see and do like is his ability to get to the charity stripe. Why teams foul him instead of making him continue his drive to the rack is mind boggling. But I'll take it if teams are willing to give that to us, finally he was looking like a role player and not some lucky guy fortunate enough to play on poppa's team. We' ll see if he can do it in the next game...will he be consistant or will he default to his usual self. If he plays at a high level ( or atleast matches the teams energy and chemistry I'll be happy. I have no problem giving credit where it is due.

I'm not going to give him to much props yet because he played against a team that didn't play in almost a week. Plus Bosh was out, and Lebron missed many easy baskets...baskets he normally makes with his eyes closed. The Knicks won in the last moments, on paper they was suppose to win and they narrowly pulled it out. but a win is a win in my book.

5 out of 15 shots isn't good but 20 points on 15 shots is a very good night, and if Gallo could get 20 points on 15 shots every single night...

skisloper

Starter
Gallo is 22 years old.
The guy takes on the challenge of defending the leagues best.
He has balls and is clearly getting better each game.
That does not mean he will not have moments of weakness.
He got rejected last night bigtime and the ball ripped from his hands.

BTW for all those blowhards about Coach D"antonio....
Gallo sat alot of the 2nd and 3rd quarter,,,,,
Yet coach went back to him in the 4th to stir up some offense and we got it...

For all the Chandler fans do u not see his basketball IQ...here is a guy who can drive to the hoop but even when his shot is off just keeps shooting rather then driving,,,

After Feltons crap pass he runs down the court talking to Felton as a Heat blows by him for a dunk.....he did not even think to cover the guy because he was trying to talk to Felton....If my kid did that I would take him out of the game....

Put Williams in the starting line-up....

use Turiaf, Douglas and chandler off the bench.

His defence was bad?? :) did you notice that he was defending Lebron? what was Lebron's numbers that game again?? can you mention a game where he did not defend well?
now the funny thing about Gallo haters is that even with very obvious good things they try to make something bad of it, you are wondering why teams are fouling him while he drives :)........... I guess accoring to you, because all the nba teams are stupid and because he is lucky very much!!! now that is logic....:barf:

Yeah, his Defense is bad. I hope you're not trying to tell me Gallo shut Lebron down...:lol: what game was you watching? Damn near every game Gallo is getting beat on his man to man, this is why he resorts to cheap ball tacics (flopping). He is terrible on the boards (for a big man). And must I even mention how he is dominated in the paint...you probably can find Gallo posters in every NBA city...with him getting used and abused around the basket. As far as him going to the line...he's been reading the Reggie Miller cheap ball tricks manual. He's mastered the art of wailing your arms around in the air when driving, purposely bumping into the defender to draw contact instead of finishing the play. Plus, the all soooo cheapest of them all, raising your arms up under the defenders ( knocking the ball loose)so it looks like the defender hacked you while in the act of shooting. I never like or respect those tactics, mainly because Reggie used them on us all the time. But Gallos no Reggie. Gallo not only uses these tricks to masked his inabilities to create a shot...it hides his inconsistancies in his game. I know BBall, and I also know the truth hurts...I can see it all in your post. I give credit where its due...and can back up everything I write here.

Knick fan first, Player second.

5 out of 15 shots isn't good but 20 points on 15 shots is a very good night, and if Gallo could get 20 points on 15 shots every single night...

But you see...his style is a flow killer. he slows down the game because he can't keep up...no one respects cheap ball. I'll take the points but I know his contributions can easily be placed with someone who can add a bit more to the team. He's expendable...Can we win without Chandler sounds more like it...we already know we can win without Gallo...we proved it.

Paul1355

All Star
No the Knicks can manage without Gallo if Chandler puts up over 20 points and if Shawn Williams/Bill Walker hit most of their shots....but if that fails then Gallo is needed to draw fouls and provide outside shooting and size

Gallo is the 3rd or 4th best Knick right now, you can mix and match Gallo and Chandler but FIelds is a dark horse 3rd best pick.

Yeah, his Defense is bad. I hope you're not trying to tell me Gallo shut Lebron down...:lol: what game was you watching? Damn near every game Gallo is getting beat on his man to man, this is why he resorts to cheap ball tacics (flopping). He is terrible on the boards (for a big man). And must I even mention how he is dominated in the paint...you probably can find Gallo posters in every NBA city...with him getting used and abused around the basket. As far as him going to the line...he's been reading the Reggie Miller cheap ball tricks manual. He's mastered the art of wailing your arms around in the air when driving, purposely bumping into the defender to draw contact instead of finishing the play. Plus, the all soooo cheapest of them all, raising your arms up under the defenders ( knocking the ball loose)so it looks like the defender hacked you while in the act of shooting. I never like or respect those tactics, mainly because Reggie used them on us all the time. But Gallos no Reggie. Gallo not only uses these tricks to masked his inabilities to create a shot...it hides his inconsistancies in his game. I know BBall, and I also know the truth hurts...I can see it all in your post. I give credit where its due...and can back up everything I write here.

Knick fan first, Player second.

I'm not going to say that he shut down LeBron but he did help bother his shot using his length.However Gallo is a good defender he might get beat off the dribble a few times but he does a great job at deny position and getting into position for a charge.

So what if you think the move is cheap, it's effective because he can use it to get to the line which helps our team get the other team in the bonus.What other player besides STAT and Gallo get to the charity stripe consistently?

Inability to create a shot,Really? How many times how we seen Gallo create off the dribble with an array of savvy moves, sometimes left handed.

I agree with you that for a man his size he doesn't rebound well and he does have some inconsistencies in his game but He is young and is getting better.

Actually you are a barely literate idiot first,

everything else a (very) distant second.

looks who's talking.
Why dweebz love making themselves sooo obvious is beyound me...

stick to topic bud and save the English card games for the school kids. State your claim or hush. I don't care for the Gallo love, Knicks first. Comprende...

I'm not going to say that he shut down LeBron but he did help bother his shot using his length.However Gallo is a good defender he might get beat off the dribble a few times but he does a great job at deny position and getting into position for a charge.

So what if you think the move is cheap, it's effective because he can use it to get to the line which helps our team get the other team in the bonus.What other player besides STAT and Gallo get to the charity stripe consistently?

Inability to create a shot,Really? How many times how we seen Gallo create off the dribble with an array of savvy moves, sometimes left handed.

I agree with you that for a man his size he doesn't rebound well and he does have some inconsistencies in his game but He is young and is getting better.

I really don't see him getting better, I see him developing a cheap style of play because of his lack of developing his Quote UnQuote "skill set". As a knick fan I take the buckets, but I dont respect his ability, I dont see this so call savvyness either. I do see a lot of flippity flop and blown layups...along with an inconsistant shot. He disturbs just as many shots as any player guarding someone. This dude is the only weak Knick player I've seen in history have so much support. Its mind blowing.

I really don't see him getting better, I see him developing a cheap style of play because of his lack of developing his Quote UnQuote "skill set". As a knick fan I take the buckets, but I dont respect his ability, I dont see this so call savvyness either. I do see a lot of flippity flop and blown layups...along with an inconsistant shot. He disturbs just as many shots as any player guarding someone. This dude is the only weak Knick player I've seen in history have so much support. Its mind blowing.

Your hate for Gallo is just spewing out of your posts. You don't respect his ability, you don't see him getting better, he blows layups? Why would we not support Gallo I'm pretty sure the front of his jersey says Knicks.

You don't see the savvy really then you must not watch Knick games because since coming back from injury Gallo has been driving and showing more of his offensive game.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Your hate for Gallo is just spewing out of your posts. You don't respect his ability, you don't see him getting better, he blows layups? Why would we not support Gallo I'm pretty sure the front of his jersey says Knicks.

You don't see the savvy really then you must not watch Knick games because since coming back from injury Gallo has been driving and showing more of his offensive game.

Agreed...+1

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Here's the thing...

Gallo doesn't need to have a good shooting night to have decent offensive output.

Chandler does. If Chandler isn't shooting well then he's generally pretty useless and sometimes is even a hindrance to the team (ie vs. Miami, vs. OKC, vs. SAC).

Gallo can grab points even without taking as many shoots and even without shooting as well which is why he's still on the Knicks' roster.

I don't understand how you can post crap about how Gallo getting to the free throw line slows up the team and yet Wilson Chandler's 3-14 shooting for 7 points is something you can't win without. At least try to be somewhat objective and admit that Gallo has been very good for us this year, having been critical in the Miami game, playing excellent defense against Kevin Durant, and so on.