Don't hate the player.. Hate the coach

moneyg

Starter
While I cannot prove there is no favoritism towards Gallo there a couple of things that could state to alleviate this point.

1) D'antoni did sit this guy down when he was playing awful in the beginning of the season.

2) http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/kn...: nydnrss/blogs/knicks (Blogs/Knicks Knation)

While I do not completely agree with this article I can see the sense of D'antoni and Walsh are investing in their high draft pick. Meaning last year we knew most of our roster was going to be shipped out instead of a few key players like Chandler and Gallo. D'antoni spent a lot of time at the end of the year on those guys and discarded guys like Harrington.

Again, I'm not saying it does not saying it does not exist, but I'm not sure if it truly does exists or if it is at a horrible degree.

yeah gallo was benched... but he always started....chandler was the one pulled from the starting lineup

...and as far as investing inhigh draft pick....joradan hill rode the bench and he was a pretty high draft pick

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Poor choice of words, my bad. Many, including you, recognized the need for a starting caliber SG and were open to moving Chandler for Rudy.

Ironically though, you were more in favor of waiting and seeing how the inconsistent Chandler developed. The same position I have with Gallo.

Ok look your post makes no sense and is contradicting itself. My stance on Chandler was that he was a solid player and I have never wanted to trade him for anybody. The funny thing is with a REAL talent like Chandler its easy to wait as he was already a good player, So I don't get what the hell you are saying, do me a favor and speak for yourself before you go assuming what the hell I think or what I thought.

I can't argue you when you LIE and ASSume, kinda makes you look lie a Lying Asshole...lol

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ok look your post makes no sense and is contradicting itself. My stance on Chandler was that he was a solid player and I have never wanted to trade him for anybody. The funny thing is with a REAL talent like Chandler its easy to wait as he was already a good player, So I don't get what the hell you are saying, do me a favor and speak for yourself before you go assuming what the hell I think or what I thought.

I can't argue you when you LIE and ASSume, kinda makes you look lie a Lying Asshole...lol

Why is my post difficult to understand? I did apologize for misundertanding your post and selecting a poor choice of words. And you were open to moving him because we had too many forwards and no starting SG. I am not lying. You preferred to keep him because you felt he could be a good player. Pretty simple to understand. And a good stance to take. Someone can be accepting of a position but have a different preference. For example, I can accept trading Gallo + Randolph for Melo. I would prefer we do not though. Get it?

I apoloize for feeling the same way about Gallo that you felt about Chandler. Clearly, calling me delusional, liar, asshole, idiot, etc, etc for having a different opinion than you is completely acceptable. Please continue insulting me and anybody else for disagreeing with you. It is appreciated.

And Chandler was not a really good player then, which has been my point all along. Chandler was inconsistent, was the worst catch and shoot player in the league. THE WORST. In a system that needs shooters. He had poor ball handling skills, made poor decisions, settled too much for the 3 and disappeared from games. Sounds familiar.

But apparently Gallo will never develop into a good player. We can make that determination in less time than was given to Chandler and everybody that wants to see Gallo develop is delusional and an idiot. It took Chandler 3 years to develop into a good player but less than a year and a half is plenty of time for Gallo.

I will just listen to whatever you say and forget about wanting to see Gallo develop. Apparently you have amazing NBA talent evaluation skills and I am just delusional and stupid. Thanks for setting me straight. I will cease having opinions about players, and will only follow yours from now on. Please continue telling me how I should think and insulting me for my opinions. Thanks.

Last edited:

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Why is my post difficult to understand? I did apologize for misundertanding your post and selecting a poor choice of words. And you were open to moving him because we had too many forwards and no starting SG. I am not lying. You preferred to keep him because you felt he could be a good player. Pretty simple to understand. And a good stance to take. Someone can be accepting of a position but have a different preference. For example, I can accept trading Gallo + Randolph for Melo. I would prefer we do not though. Get it?

I apoloize for feeling the same way about Gallo that you felt about Chandler. Clearly, calling me delusional, liar, asshole, idiot, etc, etc for having a different opinion than you is completely acceptable. Please continue insulting me and anybody else for disagreeing with you. It is appreciated.

And Chandler was not a really good player then, which has been my point all along. Chandler was inconsistent, was the worst catch and shoot player in the league. THE WORST. In a system that needs shooters. He had poor ball handling skills, made poor decisions, settled too much for the 3 and disappeared from games. Sounds familiar.

But apparently Gallo will never develop into a good player. We can make that determination in less time than was given to Chandler and everybody that wants to see Gallo develop is delusional and an idiot. It took Chandler 3 years to develop into a good player but less than a year and a half is plenty of time for Gallo.

I will just listen to whatever you say and forget about wanting to see Gallo develop. Apparently you have amazing NBA talent evaluation skills and I am just delusional and stupid. Thanks for setting me straight. I will cease having opinions about players, and will only follow yours from now on. Please continue telling me how I should think and insulting me for my opinions. Thanks.

Wow another piece of crap post. Hey numb nuts, Chandler was always good. You keep hating on him saying he was inconsistent blah blah blah. He was playing out of position and yet despite not being great it was easy to see that he was good and would get better. Gallo has regressed friend. He was not an elite shooter last season and this year he has gotten worse. Wilson is an elite small forward. Wilson has always showed signs of brilliance, from his obvious athleticism to his versatility and increasing I.Q.

I am not calling you an idiot and a liar cuz of your opinion, I respect many Gallo fans on here as some make it great points such as Ron and IsaYuG and I by no means have written the dude off. Your going to have a problem with me when you spew nonsense and show your clear bias and favoritism when you hold Chandler to a ridiculously high standard while cutting Gallo endless slack "Chandler is inconsistent," "Chandler is the WORST Catch and Shoot player in the league." Did you ever think for a minute tat catch and shoot is not his game? Maybe Chandler is more of a slasher and an interior player. Maybe his role is more that of Shawn Marion who by the way Wilson can out shoot from 3 any day. Gallo on the other hand is an average catch and shoot player and thats about it.

I never said Gallo will not develop, All I said was he won't develop into anything special. You don;t hear me screaming bust or bury him on the bench far from it. Gallo is a reasonable role player an does what we need: chuck 3's. What really grinds my gears is how people on here get so defensive about just another player. For a couple of weeks our 2 best players were called out. Stat is a Fraud they said, Felton is overpaid they said. All I'm saying is that Gallo is not as good as you think and may not have the potential you think and I'm the hater? Are you Effing kidding me right now? As Amar'e MVP'emire would say: "Get that weak shit outta here!"

PS Hoping Donnie does a better marketing job with the Chicken and Anthony Randolph selling that Bull***t to Denver's front office

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wow another piece of crap post. Hey numb nuts, Chandler was always good. You keep hating on him saying he was inconsistent blah blah blah. He was playing out of position and yet despite not being great it was easy to see that he was good and would get better. Gallo has regressed friend. He was not an elite shooter last season and this year he has gotten worse. Wilson is an elite small forward. Wilson has always showed signs of brilliance, from his obvious athleticism to his versatility and increasing I.Q.

I am not calling you an idiot and a liar cuz of your opinion, I respect many Gallo fans on here as some make it great points such as Ron and IsaYuG and I by no means have written the dude off. Your going to have a problem with me when you spew nonsense and show your clear bias and favoritism when you hold Chandler to a ridiculously high standard while cutting Gallo endless slack "Chandler is inconsistent," "Chandler is the WORST Catch and Shoot player in the league." Did you ever think for a minute tat catch and shoot is not his game? Maybe Chandler is more of a slasher and an interior player. Maybe his role is more that of Shawn Marion who by the way Wilson can out shoot from 3 any day. Gallo on the other hand is an average catch and shoot player and thats about it.

I never said Gallo will not develop, All I said was he won't develop into anything special. You don;t hear me screaming bust or bury him on the bench far from it. Gallo is a reasonable role player an does what we need: chuck 3's. What really grinds my gears is how people on here get so defensive about just another player. For a couple of weeks our 2 best players were called out. Stat is a Fraud they said, Felton is overpaid they said. All I'm saying is that Gallo is not as good as you think and may not have the potential you think and I'm the hater? Are you Effing kidding me right now? As Amar'e MVP'emire would say: "Get that weak shit outta here!"

PS Hoping Donnie does a better marketing job with the Chicken and Anthony Randolph selling that Bull***t to Denver's front office

Has my position been that difficult to understand? I said I was too impatient with Chandler as were many people on this site. I just want people to give Gallo the chance that Chandler didn't get from a lot of people, including myelf.

If you think Gallo can develop, then why the hell are you debating me? I never said he would be an all-star. I do think he can be a consistent 20ppg player though. I will defend him when you and others just call him a 3-point chucker. This is an obvious biased viewpoint that is completely untrue. If you noticed, I have never been talking about how great Gallo is, just that he has shown flashes and can develop.

It's funny that people calling Felton and Amare frauds bothered you. It bothered me too. Ironically, it showed a lack of patience, which is what I've been arguing the whole time. But according to you, me showing the same patience with Gallo that you showed with Chandler is being delusional and stupid.

This has had nothing to do with being anti-Chandler and pro-Gallo. Just patience.

Using Chander's inconsisency from previous years (not this year at all), the fact that he disappeared in games the last two years, his outside shot was awful the last two years, and he settled too much and did not stay aggressive was to simply give an example at how he's IMPROVED all of those deficiencies THIS YEAR.

I am not hating Chandler. These are facts. I never said he didn't have skills. He had to work at his game an gain confidence. Chandler was not always the player he is now. His game has improved dramatically. Even Donnie has acknowledged the same thing.

Last year he was a 26% 3-point shooter, he is 38% this year. That imrovement, improved decision making and ball-handling has made him into a very good player THIS YEAR. He was an avergae player last year.

These facts are just used as examples in support of having patience with Gallo. And that many of Gallo's deciencies are the same (except the poor outside shooting). If Chandler can improve them in such dramatic fashion, Gallo may be able to as well.

And I don't get why you continue to insult me. Up until the sarcasm in the previous post, I have been nothing but cordial to you. If you bothered reading my posts, I said to you in the other thread, that if I incorrecly lumped you in with one of the non-objective Gallo haters, then I apologize. I have not called you one since. People like Red and some of the others never gave Gallo a chance. Not from day one, and those are the people that bother me. Not you.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
All these points in the paint

Please O'antoni.. emphasize defense..Please

play better defensive linups...will u...

its not about putting the best offensive players on the court...for christ sake

we still put up alot of points with turiaf playing and he give us zero offensively...

ur tiring our player out...

if we gonna lose becuz of exhaustion.. might as well us t moz, etc for some defense

ur killing me...

SlimChin

Rookie
Has my position been that difficult to understand? I said I was too impatient with Chandler as were many people on this site. I just want people to give Gallo the chance that Chandler didn't get from a lot of people, including myelf.

If you think Gallo can develop, then why the hell are you debating me? I never said he would be an all-star. I do think he can be a consistent 20ppg player though. I will defend him when you and others just call him a 3-point chucker. This is an obvious biased viewpoint that is completely untrue. If you noticed, I have never been talking about how great Gallo is, just that he has shown flashes and can develop.

It's funny that people calling Felton and Amare frauds bothered you. It bothered me too. Ironically, it showed a lack of patience, which is what I've been arguing the whole time. But according to you, me showing the same patience with Gallo that you showed with Chandler is being delusional and stupid.

This has had nothing to do with being anti-Chandler and pro-Gallo. Just patience.

Using Chander's inconsisency from previous years (not this year at all), the fact that he disappeared in games the last two years, his outside shot was awful the last two years, and he settled too much and did not stay aggressive was to simply give an example at how he's IMPROVED all of those deficiencies THIS YEAR.

I am not hating Chandler. These are facts. I never said he didn't have skills. He had to work at his game an gain confidence. Chandler was not always the player he is now. His game has improved dramatically. Even Donnie has acknowledged the same thing.

Last year he was a 26% 3-point shooter, he is 38% this year. That imrovement, improved decision making and ball-handling has made him into a very good player THIS YEAR. He was an avergae player last year.

These facts are just used as examples in support of having patience with Gallo. And that many of Gallo's deciencies are the same (except the poor outside shooting). If Chandler can improve them in such dramatic fashion, Gallo may be able to as well.

And I don't get why you continue to insult me. Up until the sarcasm in the previous post, I have been nothing but cordial to you. If you bothered reading my posts, I said to you in the other thread, that if I incorrecly lumped you in with one of the non-objective Gallo haters, then I apologize. I have not called you one since. People like Red and some of the others never gave Gallo a chance. Not from day one, and those are the people that bother me. Not you.

They're BOTH inconsistent and both developing and we can't get to the next level with these 2 right now. so they're both expendable in my eyes.