Carmelo to Nets deal within 4"8 hours" (I'm not buying it)

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I love Felton. Honestly I do, but if Paul is available, he is to good. Like Ron said, Paul is just on a whole another level. If Ray Ray can average 18 and 9, Paul would blow this system out of the water.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Melo is not top 10

Monta Eliis >>>>>>> Melo

Wow dude.. You really have an insane amount to learn when it comes to players, their attributes and deficits.

There's just no way you can compare the impact Melo has on a game to what Ellis can bring to bare.

Melo is a world-class dominant scorer who w decent players around him can get you a 50 win season and a deep playoff run, by himself-- meaning w out another star player.

Ellis is a really good scorer on a bad team. That's it..

He is not of Melo's ilk. Stop.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Wow dude.. You really have an insane amount to learn when it comes to players, their attributes and deficits.

There's just no way you can compare the impact Melo has on a game to what Ellis can bring to bare.

Melo is a world-class dominant scorer who w decent players around him can get you a 50 win season and a deep playoff run, by himself-- meaning w out another star player.

Ellis is a really good scorer on a bad team. That's it..

He is not of Melo's ilk. Stop.

Rona why is it that me and you are the only ones to understand that.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Rona why is it that me and you are the only ones to understand that.

I can see where both of you guys are coming from, and agree. I can also understand where Knicksfan can say what he is saying. Yes, Ellis is a scorer on a bad team. Hopefully we all agree on that. On the other hand, IF Ellis were in a better system and good locker room leadership (ie, STAT since he's come to NY or Boston) Ellis could shake that label. Carmelo though is a much better all around player than Ellis. Rebounds at a higher rate, creates for others, AND scores the ball well. Like Rono said, Melo took a mediocre team to 50+ wins and the playoffs by himself. If Melo is a man of his word he waits it out till FAgency or forces Denver to deal him to NY at the deadline for pennies on the dollar so we can keep most of our lineup intact. If Melo is there and can be had at a reasonable price you go out and get him. For all we know the DLee deal over the summer may at one time have included Ellis but, I'm wagering a bet here that their GM valued him higher than his true value when you break down his game and stats and Donnie passed.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I can see where both of you guys are coming from, and agree. I can also understand where Knicksfan can say what he is saying. Yes, Ellis is a scorer on a bad team. Hopefully we all agree on that. On the other hand, IF Ellis were in a better system and good locker room leadership (ie, STAT since he's come to NY or Boston) Ellis could shake that label. Carmelo though is a much better all around player than Ellis. Rebounds at a higher rate, creates for others, AND scores the ball well. Like Rono said, Melo took a mediocre team to 50+ wins and the playoffs by himself. If Melo is a man of his word he waits it out till FAgency or forces Denver to deal him to NY at the deadline for pennies on the dollar so we can keep most of our lineup intact. If Melo is there and can be had at a reasonable price you go out and get him. For all we know the DLee deal over the summer may at one time have included Ellis but, I'm wagering a bet here that their GM valued him higher than his true value when you break down his game and stats and Donnie passed.

Good post!:agreed:

Ellis brings all the attention on offense that Melo brings he can score from all over the court and actually spreads the ball better than Melo. Some of you haven't seen Melo play only playoffs. Billups and Nene carry Melo year in and year out so far to the playoffs. Melo scores that's it. We are already the highest scoring offense but one of the lower defense teams and your idea is to bring in more offense.

Melo is sometimes a black hole on offense, Remember the Nuggets vs Knicks game how many times did Clyde say he ain't passing that up and Melo shot jumper after jumper. I even watched a few games on league pass this guy goes iso mode and keeps his head towards the rim no passes.

Damn son I would love the Day people think for themselves and stop letting the media tell them what to think.

We don't need no Melo. The crazy thing is a lot of people lobbying for Melo where saying Yellow Mellow and few months back. That sound familiar.

Go check metro's old thread and you'll see. Damn everyone just follows what ever player espn says we need

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
It's one thing to call overrated, and state that Melo isn't a "superstar" just a "star", but to say Monta Ellis is better than him is a whole other thing. That's not true. Melo is better than Monta Ellis. Monta is so overrated himself.

I personally believe Melo is a superstar, but I understand and agree with some of the points some of the non-believers make. But I can not agree that Ellis is better than Melo.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ellis brings all the attention on offense that Melo brings he can score from all over the court and actually spreads the ball better than Melo. Some of you haven't seen Melo play only playoffs. Billups and Nene carry Melo year in and year out so far to the playoffs. Melo scores that's it. We are already the highest scoring offense but one of the lower defense teams and your idea is to bring in more offense.

Melo is sometimes a black hole on offense, Remember the Nuggets vs Knicks game how many times did Clyde say he ain't passing that up and Melo shot jumper after jumper. I even watched a few games on league pass this guy goes iso mode and keeps his head towards the rim no passes.

Damn son I would love the Day people think for themselves and stop letting the media tell them what to think.

We don't need no Melo. The crazy thing is a lot of people lobbying for Melo where saying Yellow Mellow and few months back. That sound familiar.

Go check metro's old thread and you'll see. Damn everyone just follows what ever player espn says we need

Yes your right I did call him Yellow Melo some months back. And I haven't been shy about pointing out his weaknesses. He aint my fav player, not even close. I haven't been shy bout that. But he would help us A LOT. I'm just trying to be rational. You should try it.

It's not rational to say a scorer like Melo wouldn't help a team that likes to outscore people.. Our already prolificly effective scoring would reach uber effective status overnight almost. To me it's silly to deny that he wouldn't help us. Just like it's silly for you to think Ellis > Melo ;) You just sound dumb.

Last edited:

welcometonycity

Rotation player

thankyou man!

Yes your right I did call him Yellow Melo some months back. And I haven't been shy about pointing out his weaknesses. He aint my fav player, not even close. I haven't been shy bout that. But he would help us A LOT. I'm just trying to be being rational. You should try it.

It's not rational to say a scorer like Melo wouldn't help a team that likes to outscore people.. Our already prolificly effective scoring would reach uber effective status overnight almost. To me it's silly to deny that he wouldn't help us. Just like it's silly for you to think Ellis > Melo ;) You just sound dumb.

OKAY SO IF WE WANT MORE SCORING WHY NOT ELLIS HE IS A SCORER PLAIN AND SIMPLE MELO IS OVVERATED EVERONE KNOWS THIS. HE IS NOT A LEADER HE HASN'T LEAD HIS TEAM ANYWHERE. BILLUPS IS THE LEADER , WHAT HAPPEN WHEN A.I WAS ON THE TEAM HE DIDN'T LEAD THEM ANYWHERE.

WE DON'T NEED MELO

Markutis

Benchwarmer
If you make a list of the Top-10 Best Small Forwards in the league this season you get something like that:

LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce, CARMELO ANTHONY, Lamar Odom, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Danny Granger and Michael Beasley.

If you make a list of the Top-10 Forwards it has to be similar to:

LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudamire, Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, CARMELO ANTHONY, Kevin Garnett, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love (yeah, i keep out Tim Duncan)

And if you make a list of the Top-10 overall you get:

LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Pau Gasol and Deron Williams. Right behind them there is just 3 players who could enter that list. Their names are Paul Pierce, Derrick Rose and... CARMELO ANTHONY. That's how good he is.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
If you make a list of the Top-10 Best Small Forwards in the league this season you get something like that:

LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul Pierce, CARMELO ANTHONY, Lamar Odom, Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Danny Granger and Michael Beasley.

LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudamire, Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, CARMELO ANTHONY, Kevin Garnett, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love (yeah, i keep out Tim Duncan)

LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Pau Gasol and Deron Williams. Right behind them there is just 3 players who could enter that list. Their names are Paul Pierce, Derrick Rose and... CARMELO ANTHONY. That's how good he is.

Paul Pierce? GTFOH

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Paul Pierce? GTFOH

So a forward who can score from the post and beyond the arc almost at will, create his own shots, who's clutch, a good rebounder and defender and has strong leadership in a winning team is not enough for you to be considered among the best? Good to know.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
OKAY SO IF WE WANT MORE SCORING WHY NOT ELLIS HE IS A SCORER PLAIN AND SIMPLE MELO IS OVVERATED EVERONE KNOWS THIS. HE IS NOT A LEADER HE HASN'T LEAD HIS TEAM ANYWHERE. BILLUPS IS THE LEADER , WHAT HAPPEN WHEN A.I WAS ON THE TEAM HE DIDN'T LEAD THEM ANYWHERE.

WE DON'T NEED MELO

I'm partial to Melo waiting it out and if he really want to come here he can in the offseason. What did he do tonight though?

10 boards. That's something Ellis couldn't bring with his 6'3" rail thin frame. We have a 6'10" guy with a similar body type that was supposed to be ferocious on the glass and blocking shots and what has he been doing? The East plays a different kind of ball and we all know it. Aside from the Lakers out west who legitimately has firepower and big bodies to throw at a team? Melo has the body type to succeed here with his slashing and rebounding. He can take more beating driving his way in and getting the contact. Ellis would break down quicker out here. Ellis has missed, MISSED 90 games. That's a season plus a first round playoff series. Melo has missed 64 in his years in the league. Both those number don't include current seasons. Some of the games Melo sat out were late in the season after Denver had clenched a playoff berth or the birth of his first child and not due to illness or inability to play. Almost all of Ellis' games were due to illness/inability to play. Even out west he is not as durable as Melo. All of these things need to be factored in if you are going to say Melo is a lesser player than Ellis. I can understand some of your points but you also need to see both sides of it.

I have seen Melo play in person and have had league pass for a number of years. There are things he does that Ellis simply cannot. His height is also a factor. His ability to be a tougher matchup at his position due to long limbs and a few extra inches more than the prototypical average height for a player of his position.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
So a forward who can score from the post and beyond the arc almost at will, create his own shots, who's clutch, a good rebounder and defender and has strong leadership in a winning team is not enough for you to be considered among the best? Good to know.

Not when he's 33, not as good as he used to be, and helped by the fact that his team his loaded. **** all Bumston Smelldicks.

Carmelo>>Paul Pierced Pussy.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Paul Pierce is freaking awesome. He's gets underrated alot of times but he's not better than Melo right now. Not at 33.

If they were both the same age and I had to choose one, i'm taking PP all day.

Last edited:

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Carmelo > Ellis... not even close

As for the MeloDrama, I am sick of it and Denver's wishy-washy front office. I hope the Nets overpay and nobody takes Denver seriously after this. While I believe we do need a second star down the line, Denver is asking for too damn much and the nyets seem hellbent to get themselves somebody to headline their move to Brooklyn.

While I don't buy all the hype and understand that Denver is really just trying to get more out of the Knicks this way, I am not the team with the 10-26 record in a 2nd rate city so F**k Denver if they want to play hard ball and waste everybody's time.

While anyone would love to have a talent like Melo on their team, we are overloaded at SF. Whats worse is our major need down low as Turiaf showed us last night how good we can be when we get production on the glass as he was able to hold Pryzbilla and Aldridge to only 1 offensive rebound in the second half. Knicks #1 priority must be to get a starting center who can compliment STAT's game and run the pick n' roll with Felton.