V

Which 5 would you like to see on the Knicks?

• McGee

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Nene

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Gasol

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deandre Jordan

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Ibaka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Obtaining a legitimate 5.

This is not a recoil from the Lakers game. We've all been howling at the moon about our rebounding woes. The Lakers game acted as an expiration date for our small line up in my eyes. -20 on the glass? Are we really going to shrug that off?

We need a 5 - however:

Who's legit? Who's legitimately available via trade? Practically no one. I've highlighted the players I would like to see in O&B.

-Earl Barron? Myeh. Can board though.

-Dalembert? No thanks.

-Verajao? Out for season. Horrible contract anyway.

-Przybilla? Woeful.

-Darko? Why did I even bother?

-Celtics bigs? All stained with gayness.

-McGee? Would be great but can't be had.

-Gortat? Showed how hopeless he is against us in PHX.

-Greg Oden? Made of balsa wood.

-Biedrins? Over paid.

-Bargnani? Horrible fit with STAT at 4.

-Brad Miller? Payed through 2014 and on his last legs.

-Deandre Jordan? FA next year - can be had for cheap - 7 RPG + 1.7 BPG

-Chris Kaman? No thanks. $12M next year's expiring.

-Nene? Too hard to obtain before becoming a FA next year.

-Marc Gasol? See above.

-Okafor? Way over payed until next millenium.

-Serge Ibaka? Unobtainable. How could we possibly get him?

-Robin Lopez? Why would PHX give up on him? Why give up on Randolph for him?

-Sonny Weems? MD would never play him.

The best ('best' not being the operative word here) I can do to obtain a 5 this year, that'd fit in and be played by MD would be this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=48tk4la

That's right! Just to make it work, to add what we need this year, it's not even worth it.

★New York Knicks Payroll After Trade + any and all picks sent to Denver.

$58,434,714

Cap Room
-$390,714 ~ wave Rottens.

63.jpg
C. Billups $13,150,000 17.2 - Non guaranteed contract at end of year.
PG 2 Years

308.jpg
A. Harrington $5,765,000 12.3
PF 5 Years

1713.jpg
Nene Hilario $11,360,000 20.7
C 2 Years

Acquiring 3 Players
$30,275,000

Hollinger's Analysis: +9 Wins. With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 9.

Now get this.

Denver Nuggets Payroll $84,333,145
Cap Room - $26,289,145

D. Gallinari $3,304,560 15.5
F 2 Years

K. Azubuike $3,300,000 N/A
SF 1 Year

Eddy Curry $11,276,863 N/A - Contract 50% payed already.
C 1 Year

A. Randolph $1,965,720 5.8 - Denver, apparently, DGAF.
PF 2 Years

Roger Mason $1,400,000 -2.5
SG 1 Year

T. Mozgov $3,567,096 5.4 - Non guaranteed.
C 3 Years

Ronny Turiaf $4,000,000 13.0 - I love you, Ronny.
C 1 Year

Acquiring 7 Players
$28,814,239
Hollinger's Analysis: -13 Wins
With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 13.

All that to save them cash for next year, and Denver are 7th in the west anyway!!! They know they're on the verge of an overhaul, but whatever! All that to get Nene who's available in the off season anyway AND take back Al Brickington!? No way.

We make the playoffs this year, lose early move on to 2011, hopefully with Nene on board.

iSaYughh

Starter
Great thread. I'll def reply in greater detail later, but:

Deandre Jordan. I've been riding his 20rebounding dick to get him here for over a year. I made one post analyzing his stats and game in detail I'll try to find.

He is Randolph level talent in a ready made 5 body, and much more coachable.

iSaYughh

Starter
Great thread. I'll def reply in greater detail later, but:

Deandre Jordan. I've been riding his 20rebounding dick to get him here for over a year. I made one post analyzing his stats and game in detail I'll try to find.

He is Randolph level talent in a ready made 5 body, and much more coachable.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nene is a player I liked until I disected his stats, he blocks less than 1 blk per game, and only grabs about 8 boards per game, true he has a brolic frame to help us body up on the post, but he is nothing more than an upgraded Chris Wilcox.

the two targets for us this off season has to be Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol.....problem is Tyson Chandler is going to be overpaid by Dallas and Memphis will likely match any offer unless they develop a deep belief in Thabeet between now and then!

iJoe

Rotation player
Deandre Jordan is upping his value right now so it's gonna be real hard to get him without overpaying next year. Still.... he's probably the best prospect we have a chance of getting who can actually board and run with the team.

I'm wondering what Robin Lopez did to get in the doghouse. He hasn't proven to be a consistent player yet, but he'd be the cheapest guy we could get.

Maybe we could convince the Cavs to trade JJ Hickson since they have absolutely no chance of doing anything but losing to get a higher lottery pick.

la2ny

Starter
I've been saying there aren't any attainable guys out there. Especially anyones that D'ant would actually play w/ this team. Thats why I don't see him w/ this team for 2 long because it's hindering us from acquiring the correct pieces for our squad.

The only guy who can actually be possible is Nene but he's overpaid and undersized. Deandre Jordan isn't going anywhere unless Sterling gets n2 piss Blake Griffin off mode and lets him go, otherwise he's onna keep him and Blake as the 4-5 because they cause problems w/ their athleticism.

Cleveland won't get rid off JJ as he's their "future star". Besides he's a 4 whats the point in that?

Blas

Benchwarmer
Very nice thread Crazy!

Guys like Javale Mcghee and Deandre Jordan play for bad teams. This changes their evaluations. I'm not saying let's not try and shoot for these guys but keep our expectations realistic that these guys most likely will fail in the end. I do not wish or hope that and I still think its a great idea to get these young centers and see how they work out.

And yes seeing Gasol in a Knicks uniform does not look like it would happen. But we can all wish.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Forgot to add DeMarcus Cousins to the list. I'm watching him and McGee go at it now. He's immature, but he's also passionate about winning. Easy to tell after watching only 3 Kings games this year. Tough get, though.

He has some impeccable footwork for a chubber.

So far the battle between the 2 neophytes is very even going in to OT.

Nene just the type of player we need shooting center bangs in the paint and isn't afraid to get gritty. Would be a great starter and mentor to Misgovernment cheese and Rasoft

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The more DeAndre Jordan keeps up his decent play the less likely the Clippers will let him go. A frontcourt of Griffin/Jordan is going to sell a LOT of tickets once both of them learn the game more.

But Nene is a good option, and I'm wary of T. Chandler. The guy is injury prone and we'd have to give him a lot of money over a lot of years to get him. A lot of the good options on that list are frankly ungettable on our list, especially my favorite, Serge Ibaka.

KingCharles34

All Star
I still think the best easily attainable and low budget option is Varajeo and i do think Antoni would give him minutes. Marc Gasol would also be a nice option