Knicks Very Much In Hunt For Carmelo

Wargames

Starter
i think denver played themselves by constantly bluffing they ruined their position in the game. We know Melo wants to come here everyone knows Melo wants to come here all we have to do is match salaries and offer them a pick.

And also I am not sure it was a coincidence that when Walsh said he was going to resign Chandler that you then automatically see Denver pushing to trade Melo harder. I think that was Walsh saying Chandler isn't available for a trade, I really expect us to not do Denver any favors in this trade its not like they were trying to do us any.

I see it being Gallo, Curry, and a first rounder.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Ar (1st), Gallo (love the kid, he loves are city), Fields(great rookie, good trading tool), 2014(1st) .. For Melo .. 2 Star players on the court at once!!!!!
Felton, Williams, Melo, Chandler, Stat. Who is stopping that? Melo is worth it guys hes a top 10 scorer and a superstar.

metrocard

Legend
Get over Melo.
We don't need him. We can only use him, but it won't take us very far because he's not excellent at rebounding, defense, passing. He's excellent at something we're already excellent in, scoring.

Lets look to patch up this team into a more well balanced team like the Jazz, Celtics, Heat, and Lakers.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Get over Melo.
We don't need him. We can only use him, but it won't take us very far because he's not excellent at rebounding, defense, passing. He's excellent at something we're already excellent in, scoring.

Lets look to patch up this team into a more well balanced team like the Jazz, Celtics, Heat, and Lakers.

What if you get over on convincing everybody to get over Melo? We all know your opinion about this subject. Believe me, we've got the message. You think the Knicks don't need him. It's not necessary for you to keep entering every Melo thread to say the same thing another time and time again.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
What if you get over on convincing everybody to get over Melo? We all know your opinion about this subject. Believe me, we've got the message. You think the Knicks don't need him. It's not necessary for you to keep entering every Melo thread to say the same thing another time and time again.

word jus ignore dude

metrocard

Legend

I don't about convincing anyone. Im here to state my mind on this thread.

Its not necessary for you to tell me what to do. If you don't like it, put me on the ignore list or actually put up a debate on why you don't agree and next time avoid posting something so mindless.

word jus ignore dude

Why are you such a baby dickassni$ga?
You flooded my PM post all mad and shit like a little cunt, and now you track all my post and continually hate? Whats wrong with you? Do you cry when you log on this forum and look for revenge?

Be a man and forgot about me. I'm not your ex girlfriend. Go play fight night and think your a boxer. You're soft as Eddy Curry's saturated fat. I can't take you seriously and you been flooding this forum with a lot of stupid shit.

Im just keeping it real on this dude...I apologize for the lack of class here. You can't be classy with people who don't have a bit of it.

Go cry to mommy and ask her to make your punk weakass something for dinner, you dependentass babydick puto.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Don't be mad at me, metrocard. I just thought you would want to know that your activism against the Melo trade starts to look a little bit spammy.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I dont want a deal for melo unless its in free agency. Why do people panic on this forum and insist on giving away a whole lot for a player.

We need a big guy who can run, play defense and rebound. In addition we need to get some role players on our bench like a better back up point guard and someone who can back up Amare.

We dont need another small foward i think chandler is great rite now and if we can get a solid shooting guard it will open the floor allowing for chandler and amare to play at a higher level. Although I think feilds is great we need that player who can create his own shot to spread the floor.

iSaYughh

Starter
I dont want a deal for melo unless its in free agency. Why do people panic on this forum and insist on giving away a whole lot for a player.

We need a big guy who can run, play defense and rebound. In addition we need to get some role players on our bench like a better back up point guard and someone who can back up Amare.

We dont need another small foward i think chandler is great rite now and if we can get a solid shooting guard it will open the floor allowing for chandler and amare to play at a higher level. Although I think feilds is great we need that player who can create his own shot to spread the floor.

What starting Center do you want us to get right now?

You want a player who can create his own shot? Melo is one of the most creative and best scorers and shot creators in the game.

He also commands a double team. The ultimate benefit to STAT, and likewise STAT's double team impact the ultimate reward to Melo.

We don't need another small forward is like saying we don't need Kevin Durant.

Melo would play the 4 anyways. Much like Wilson has largely been doing; exept Melo has superior size/strength/rebounding, their actual skills and ability aside.

It isn't panic either or insisting on giving away stuff for Melo. That isn't a complete picture. If it was, there would be zero discussion about a trade; we'd just wait.

The unknown is the unknown risk he becomes a Jersey Boy or something. This unknown is why if we do a deal it won't be a gutting; though it will likely be a hefty price for anyone who thinks we can just wait to get him as a FA. Which we can do, and may do, and hopefully do.

But a Chandler/Fields/AR/Walker/2014 1st/Curry would be a coup, along w getting Mayo before next season.

The complimentary bigs/defensive stopper you crave will come, and are dime a dozens compared to getting a legit championship starting 5 or 6man rotation.

Most of the probs Amare has and we have with our C is how savagely he gets doubled/tripple teamed, and overworked and not fresh in key spots.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
why do people keep insisting that we'd have to blow up our team to get carmelo? if we get a first rounder for fields there would be 2 POSITIVES about this possible trade. lets start with who an what'd we give up that'll hurt us

1st round pick (that we'd get for AR)
Gallo (who wouldnt be our starting SF anyway since Carmelo plays that position although it sucks because he can play PF and maybe even some SG)
and Fields/Chandler. Yeah chandler's goo but right now he's a backup and we're talking about CARMELO. and if we lose fields, well then we can keep chandler a our starting SG

the good about the possible trade;
we get carmelo
we dump eddy curry's worthless loathsome fat contract

i have to say; im convinced he's going to the nets..right now i feel he wants to play for the knicks but i have a bad feeling next offseason he'll say "yknow what its not that bad playin for the nets, i think im gonna resign"

i agree with the poster who said it could be a very spiteful yet stupid move for the nuggets to trade him to the nets. they wouldnt get much in return and if he turns around and comes here next year, then they missed out on gallo, a first rounder, and chandler/fields

Go :gony:

mafra

Legend
why do people keep insisting that we'd have to blow up our team to get carmelo? if we get a first rounder for fields there would be 2 POSITIVES about this possible trade. lets start with who an what'd we give up that'll hurt us

1st round pick (that we'd get for AR)
Gallo (who wouldnt be our starting SF anyway since Carmelo plays that position although it sucks because he can play PF and maybe even some SG)
and Fields/Chandler. Yeah chandler's goo but right now he's a backup and we're talking about CARMELO. and if we lose fields, well then we can keep chandler a our starting SG

the good about the possible trade;
we get carmelo
we dump eddy curry's worthless loathsome fat contract

i have to say; im convinced he's going to the nets..right now i feel he wants to play for the knicks but i have a bad feeling next offseason he'll say "yknow what its not that bad playin for the nets, i think im gonna resign"

i agree with the poster who said it could be a very spiteful yet stupid move for the nuggets to trade him to the nets. they wouldnt get much in return and if he turns around and comes here next year, then they missed out on gallo, a first rounder, and chandler/fields

Go :gony:

Well, I guess it comes down to this:

Would you prefer Carmelo Anthony to Gallo, Fields, Marc Gasol and a top-5 lottery pick?

Tough call.

Hayato

Benchwarmer

Would you prefer Carmelo Anthony to Gallo, Fields, Marc Gasol and a top-5 lottery pick?

Tough call.

yes i would. carmelo>>>gallo. chandler would take over for fields, we dont even have gasol so no i wouldnt miss him and a top 5 pick; we'd recover from that..we probably wouldnt even need it

mafra

Legend
yes i would. carmelo>>>gallo. chandler would take over for fields, we dont even have gasol so no i wouldnt miss him and a top 5 pick; we'd recover from that..we probably wouldnt even need it

Well, we could get Marc Gasol (who is a RFA) with the money we would use to sign Carmelo to an extension. AND, I was wrong, we wouldn't get a lottery pick b/c MIN would be trading us another 1st rounder pick they acquired and it's lottery-protected...

But, the point is... With the money we would sign Carmelo with.... we would use on Marc Gasol (plus another player probably). AND, if we trade Randolph for a 1st, we would keep it, trade it for yet another player instead of using it to trade for Carmelo.

SO, yes... Knicks technically would have a significant free agent (Gasol) plus an extra 1st round pick (via Randolph deal) on top of giving up Gallo or Chandler with Fields.

LOOK.... DEN doesn't want Chandler b/c he is a RFA as well, and will cost too much. So, we would deal GALLO. Carmelo is ten times better than Gallo. No problem there. Fields is nice, but a player like Williams has risen to the point where he could fill that spot in the rotation.

I would take Carmelo-Williams over Gallo-Fields. Any day of the week. Trading Randolph isn't a big deal either.

Gallo, Fields, Randolph, Curry for Carmelo... FINE. Do it.

BUT, the point remains, if it doesn't happen.... there's still hope.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
What starting Center do you want us to get right now?

You want a player who can create his own shot? Melo is one of the most creative and best scorers and shot creators in the game.

He also commands a double team. The ultimate benefit to STAT, and likewise STAT's double team impact the ultimate reward to Melo.

We don't need another small forward is like saying we don't need Kevin Durant.

Melo would play the 4 anyways. Much like Wilson has largely been doing; exept Melo has superior size/strength/rebounding, their actual skills and ability aside.

It isn't panic either or insisting on giving away stuff for Melo. That isn't a complete picture. If it was, there would be zero discussion about a trade; we'd just wait.

The unknown is the unknown risk he becomes a Jersey Boy or something. This unknown is why if we do a deal it won't be a gutting; though it will likely be a hefty price for anyone who thinks we can just wait to get him as a FA. Which we can do, and may do, and hopefully do.

But a Chandler/Fields/AR/Walker/2014 1st/Curry would be a coup, along w getting Mayo before next season.

The complimentary bigs/defensive stopper you crave will come, and are dime a dozens compared to getting a legit championship starting 5 or 6man rotation.

Most of the probs Amare has and we have with our C is how savagely he gets doubled/tripple teamed, and overworked and not fresh in key spots.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Tough call.

No brainer.

A top-5 lottery pick, as good as it could be, is most likely not going to be anywhere near as good as Carmelo Anthony.

Gallo is never going to be as good as Carmelo.

Fields is never going to be as good as Carmelo.

Marc Gasol would be a solid addition but if we can get Carmelo we don't need that good of a center, just someone who can rebound and block shots like Samuel Dalembert would be fine.

PG - Felton
SG - Walker
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Dalembert

The SG position would be our major weakness but other than that it's a championship team. Plus the Heat are playing very well with Carlos Arroyo at PG, so I'm sure we could afford to have a not so good SG if we have the best frontcourt in the game