8 Facts on the Melo Situation

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Here are the facts as they are presently:

1. The consensus of NBA writers around the country is that Melo will be traded to the Nets next week.
2. Alan Hahn has reported that the Nets + extension are his choice 1B if he can't get the Knicks.
3. Melo's agents have been pushing the trade.
4. Melo has admitted that he thinks about going home to Brooklyn and opening the new arena.
5. Chauncey Billups knows he might be going to New Jersey, despite the fact that Melo could have told him he won't sign the extension which would nix any trade.
6. Prokorhov and Jay Z are going to put on the hard sell and convince Melo that he could become a billionaire by being the first Brooklyn hometown sports hero since Jackie Robinsion.
7. Donnie Walsh has stated time and time again that he will not blow up the team to get Melo, which would be necessary with no draft picks and an extremely hostile trade partner.

&

8. Chris Sheridan, who was predicting LeBron to the Knicks all day July 8, 2010, despite overwhelming sentiment to the contrary, says Melo will only sign with the Knicks.

Draw your own conclusions. Some of you guys are probably pretty attached to Carmelo Anthony at this point, the realization of reality is going to be hard.

elcol

Rotation player
at first i thought this was one of your first posts where you weren't trolling.

then i kept reading and realized you were.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
at first i thought this was one of your first posts where you weren't trolling.

then i kept reading and realized you were.

Trolling? These are facts about a player that plays for the Nuggets.

Do you know what trolling is?

Markutis

Benchwarmer
I'm giving up on Melo too. The only way we could get Anthony is waiting for a hero behaviour from him. He coming to the Knicks against all odds. I don't expect that. Nobody should. It's just unfair.

Actually, i'm pretty tired of all this. I just want to move on. Let's hope for a quick ending to this soap opera. And then we are going to discover what's in Donnie's mind because the only certain thing is that the Knicks need moves to be done.

KingCharles34

All Star
And one more fact, Rip Hamilton has received two straight dnp's. That could be connected to the Carmello trade or the Pistons might have just come to the conclusion that rip is gettin closer to larry holmes status and the team is better playing Stuckey and Ben Gordon. In other related news, Tmacs been ballin

petescud

Starter
Actually, i'm pretty tired of all this. I just want to move on. Let's hope for a quick ending to this soap opera. And then we are going to discover what's in Donnie's mind because the only certain thing is that the Knicks need moves to be done.

I agree. I wanted Melo, but only if we didn't have to gut the team. If we could had gotten away with 2 draft pix, Curry and Gallo - then great

If it mean all the above plus Chandler and Fields, then move on. We can still be better then most in the east if Walsh can bring a running big in. Look what Dalembert did to Amar'e yesterday. Thats what we need. Too bad the Gov is like 2 years away from helping us, and Turiaf is too small and isn't consistent

mafra

Legend
I predict Melo agrees to a deal and goes to the Nets. The Nets don't actually play in Brooklyn until 2014. They don't get Paul. Carmelo is lucky to make the playoffs once in the next 6 years (as the 7th seed), and they get swept in the 1st round.

People need to realize that Lebron changed the game. Carmelo knows if he goes to the Nets, he's going to do nothing but watch MIA win the East the next 5 years.

Jay-Z owns .00001 of the Nets. Big deal. Spike Lee is almost as influential in Melo's thinking. Who cares what the Russian says? Can he guard Wade?

PLUS, last I checked the Nyets play in Brooklyn?

nets need to sell Melo on a lot more than the Knicks. IF they eventually move to brooklyn, and IF they find a way to actually get a roster and IF... IF... IF...

Melo knows all he needs to do is chill for 6 months, and then he's playing for the Knicks. he'll play with another superstar in Amar'e. A budding all-star in Felton, and a bunch of solid young role players.

If Carmelo is foolish enough to allow others to steer him to NJ... Then he's really not the guy I want on my team... Then I get ready for plan-c (Marc gasol + others).

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
I predict Melo agrees to a deal and goes to the Nets. The Nets don't actually play in Brooklyn until 2014. They don't get Paul. Carmelo is lucky to make the playoffs once in the next 6 years (as the 7th seed), and they get swept in the 1st round.

People need to realize that Lebron changed the game. Carmelo knows if he goes to the Nets, he's going to do nothing but watch MIA win the East the next 5 years.

Jay-Z owns .00001 of the Nets. Big deal. Spike Lee is almost as influential in Melo's thinking. Who cares what the Russian says? Can he guard Wade?

PLUS, last I checked the Nyets play in Brooklyn?

nets need to sell Melo on a lot more than the Knicks. IF they eventually move to brooklyn, and IF they find a way to actually get a roster and IF... IF... IF...

Melo knows all he needs to do is chill for 6 months, and then he's playing for the Knicks. he'll play with another superstar in Amar'e. A budding all-star in Felton, and a bunch of solid young role players.

If Carmelo is foolish enough to allow others to steer to NJ... Then he's really not the guy I want on my team... Then I get ready for plan-c (Marc gasol + others).

Exactly. This is what real fans think. If he is a type of person that others will lure him to play for NJ, then FUCCK him. We dont need players like that.
We need players with Amar`e`s attitude. Melo actually should be happy to go play for the NYK.

Again, the New York Knicks is an organization, an institution. MELO is MELO.

My team is more important to me than any single individual player...

GO KNICKSS

mafra

Legend
Exactly. This is what real fans think. If he is a type of person that others will lure him to play for NJ, then FUCCK him. We dont need players like that.
We need players with Amar`e`s attitude. Melo actually should be happy to go play for the NYK.

GO KNICKSS

His NEW agents want to get paid, and make their money of Anthony (which they have yet to do). If there's a lockout/strike, then they might not make $ of Carmelo until 2012. They don't want to wait. PLUS, Worldwide Wes wants to get into the Russians pants and get "in" with that billionaire.

Obviously, they are feeding into Melo's fear that he might lose tens of millions of dollars if he hesitates or blinks.

Maybe even Carmelo's new bride is applying pressure to get his cash?

DEN is also "threatening" to tarnish his image by painting him as a diva nd a bad guy, and Melo is afraid to come across like Lebron or Bosh.

Then again, maybe Carmelo is his own man and all these attempts to sway him are like wind blowing against a brick wall... And he u\just lets the "advice" go in one ear and out the other.

Maybe he is confident and sure that he'll get his money, and that NO MATTER WHAT, come July he'll be a NY Knick... Maybe he knows that if he goes to NJ... It might be cool and all to hang with Jay-Z and play in Broooklyn come 2015... But he'll be watching his friends in MIA go to the NBA Finals year after year.

I think the latter makes more sense. He's waited this long, why not wait 6 more months? Nuggets will either trade him as a rental, or they'll accept a deal with NY (Gallo, Fields, 1st rounder, Curry).

iSaYughh

Starter

GO KNICKSS

Melo does have Amare's attitude. In spades.

It's tough to think of a player in recent memory who postured more and bided more time and weighed more risk to try to angle to get to a certain team (us) than Melo.

We'll see what ultimately happens.

STAT, fwiw, very likely would have re-signed in PHO btw, if they had offered him a MAX deal like we did.