Veteran

Default knicks draw first blood in Melo talks

Kay just reported Knicks offer Chandler, Fields and 1st rounder not yet acq.

Den says no. Hardball coming now.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe View Post

I just heard this... I don't think the Knicks should offer anything more than this. Denver is being ridiculous! I really hate getting rid of Landry because he is the only one that actually rebounds and plays D but we need another star to help Stat. I just wish Denver would stop being stubborn already. I don't think any other team is going to offer anything better for a rental, not even CLOSE!

GREATEST KNICK EVER!!!!

loldenvernuggets

That's a tough one...
    Personally I think we really need Melo, on the other hand I'd be very disappointed to see Fields and Chandler go the other way.
    But we have to realize that is a business, so anything can happen and I know whatever Walsh is thinking, it will be the best for the Knicks.

Veteran

Will and Landry are b and c players. Trust me, Melo is gonna make us forget about these guys quickly.

Will and Landry are b and c players. Trust me, Melo is gonna make us forget about these guys quickly.
    Blasphemy.

why aren't we offering Gallo again?

Because Denver even knows his game is like a toilet.

12th man

From Chris Broussard (ESPN). Melo wants to be in NY. Give Denver take it or leave it offer of Curry's expiring, Wil and AR, I wouldn't even offer Landry.

Teams reconsider trading for Melo

The Knicks' timetable for trading Anthony Randolph could be pushed back a week or so because of New Jersey's pulling out of the Carmelo Anthony chase, sources said.

The likeliest trading partners for Randolph have been Minnesota and Indiana, both of whom would take him for a first-round pick that the Knicks in turn would put in a trade package for Anthony. But there's a possibility the Nuggets may be interested in Randolph as a player.

Sources also say sentiment around the league that Anthony will sign with New York is so strong that many teams that have been willing to trade for Anthony as a rental are now reconsidering. For instance, the Rockets have long been willing to deal for Anthony without his signing a contract extension, hoping they could convince him to stay in Houston long-term. But if the Rockets feel their chances of convincing him are slim, they're not going to offer much, if anything.

While Anthony certainly wants to sign the three-year, $65 million contract extension with the Knicks, several sources close to the Nuggets superstar tell me he's willing to play out the season in Denver (or Houston, etc.) and sign with New York as a free agent, even if it means taking less money under the new collective bargaining agreement. Anthony understands he can make up at least some of the money in New York through endorsements.

Default yea

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8s View Post
    Blasphemy.

I concur. i will follow landrys career
    Yo Im over in Section 420 Whats up Ppl......
    Lets Go Knicks !

While Anthony certainly wants to sign the three-year, $65 million contract extension with the Knicks, several sources close to the Nuggets superstar tell me he's willing to play out the season in Denver (or Houston, etc.) and sign with New York as a free agent, even if it means taking less money under the new collective bargaining agreement. Anthony understands he can make up at least some of the money in New York through endorsements.

if this is true, Denver would be stupid not to take what we offer...crap offer them AR, Curry and Azzy.....

Superstar

Default More Melo

I believe that Chandler is being offered rather than Gallo because as a restricted free agent Chandler will cost $9M to $12M a year to sign. We can not afford Amar'e, Melo, Chandler and Felton. Those 4 will cost about $54M a year. And for the same reason, Denver is not particularly interested in Chandler.

Suppose Denver were to withdraw Melo's extension and then trade him to New York. Under his current contract Melo could decide not to opt out. He would get about $18M next year and then be a free agent. Does Denver have some leverage over Melo in this connection? That is, sign with the team we want, or we pull the extension.

But Melo still has the final say in where he ends up so Idont think it matters what Denver wants.

denver is stupid
    "The Knicks are back" - Amare