Knicks @ Spurs 1/21/11 8:00

Do you think the Spurs will get old soon?

• Yes, their best players will get worse soon

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, they have a solid young base in Blair, etc.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Not sure...

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
The way the Knicks been playing.....I'm afraid to bet $10. on Mondays
home game vs the Washington Wizards, who havnt won a road game yet
this season. Wall/ Lewis/ and Mcgee vs our poor-rebounding & poor-shooting = ???

Yup, I'm not even sure they could even beat the wizards either.
This is just sad man..Ever since That Utah loss, it's been Downhill fast!
That will be embarassing though because the wizards are like 0-20 on the road..If they win against us At MSG. That would take the cake with this team..Then we really have a Serious Big problem. We already loss to the cavaliers and kings that was embarassing enough.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm making a pact to not talk about Melo anymore...I've talked so much about Melo that I've come dangerously close to forgetting that the Knicks are also competing in the here and now, that this year isn't like D'Antoni's first two years where it was basically a throwaway season, we have a shot at a playoff berth and if we're lucky an appearance in the Conference Semis. I for one can't wait until the day that playoff basketball at the Garden is once again a reality.

That being said we can't get too worked up over this loss. We played against the team with the best record in the NBA on the road and played them close. Yes, this game highlighted some of our weaknesses (short rotation leading to exhaustion, rebounding, lack of presence in the paint which lets Tim Duncan of 2011 look like the Tim Duncan of 2005, etc.), but it also demonstrated that the Knicks won't go down without a fight.

I'm not happy about this loss either, but this loss in and of itself doesn't really sting that much. It just hurts in light of the fact that we've lost so many games recently to teams we should have beaten (Rockets, Kings, Suns) that it's tough to sit down after yet another loss and say "Well, those guys were just really good, so..."

But they were. And sometimes that's all you can do. The Spurs are a better team than we are. We lucked out being able to take one of two from them. Let's show OKC that our ownage of them a few weeks back wasn't a fluke, and let's shut the Wizards up and send them back to the lottery.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I'm making a pact to not talk about Melo anymore...I've talked so much about Melo that I've come dangerously close to forgetting that the Knicks are also competing in the here and now, that this year isn't like D'Antoni's first two years where it was basically a throwaway season, we have a shot at a playoff berth and if we're lucky an appearance in the Conference Semis. I for one can't wait until the day that playoff basketball at the Garden is once again a reality.

That being said we can't get too worked up over this loss. We played against the team with the best record in the NBA on the road and played them close. Yes, this game highlighted some of our weaknesses (short rotation leading to exhaustion, rebounding, lack of presence in the paint which lets Tim Duncan of 2011 look like the Tim Duncan of 2005, etc.), but it also demonstrated that the Knicks won't go down without a fight.

I'm not happy about this loss either, but this loss in and of itself doesn't really sting that much. It just hurts in light of the fact that we've lost so many games recently to teams we should have beaten (Rockets, Kings, Suns) that it's tough to sit down after yet another loss and say "Well, those guys were just really good, so..."

But they were. And sometimes that's all you can do. The Spurs are a better team than we are. We lucked out being able to take one of two from them. Let's show OKC that our ownage of them a few weeks back wasn't a fluke, and let's shut the Wizards up and send them back to the lottery.[/quote

I'm not mad about tonight loss to much..But losses to those teams you mentioned, The knicks should've won To.That's what has gotten me upset.
I hope we do win against the wizards..I'm leaving out the thunder, because I think they'll lose as well. It will be a nice though if they can pull out a win.
But this team has loss confidence and that's not a good recipe in making the playoffs..I really hope they turn it around fast though.Crossing my fingers man.

la2ny

Starter

But they were. And sometimes that's all you can do. The Spurs are a better team than we are. We lucked out being able to take one of two from them. Let's show OKC that our ownage of them a few weeks back wasn't a fluke, and let's shut the Wizards up and send them back to the lottery.
yeah I hope bro, for you and every Knicks fan sake. We have to beat the Wizards, if we don't....ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Again if we won against the Kings, the Suns, and the Rockets like we probably should have, then we'd be OK dropping 2 in a row against the Spurs and the Thunder but...yeah...as long as we win against the Wizards.

CoolClyde

Spurms Loss

Turiaf and Douglas kept us in this game.
Felton/STAT = 16/46 FGM-A = 34% shooting, not much better than Knicks collectively = 38% shooting.
it's been said if Knicks don't shoot 50%, they don't win, esp when opponent shoots close to 50%. Formula for LOSS.

Gallo starting, looking surprisingly good in 1stQ, and then, the revenge of the invisible man, until couple hoops and drives in 4Q.
Now that Godson is back, Walker and Williams back to being inconsistent, non-entities:
10 minutes, 6 points / 6 minutes, 0 points?
Chandler back to bench (Benchandler), back to non-swooping, non-hooping ways, non-confident ways, a shadow of his former driving self! 6 points! He scored 28 vs Spurms last game!!
WTF!!?? EPIC COACHING FAIL!!

Tony Chill had a decent game, with key steals, but he is not a PG (2 dimes), and does not make it happen as PG replacement.
Feltip looking like Duhound all over again with 2nd half blues. What happened to him driving and thriving in paint? gone!

Landry Fields disappearing as rookie wall gets higher with each and every game, 25 min, 2 points!

Only 12 FTA for Knicks? c'mon guys!! STAT with 2 free throws? hahahaha, oh f*ck!

Every starter on Knicks with negative +/-, 3 out of 4 benchers with positive +/-
versus
4 out of 5 Spurms starters with positive +/-... who's the better coach when it comes to substitutions,
playing the right players at the right time? Pops, that's who.

Antoni philosophy on expanding rotation:
"To me it is. It's almost impossible. You have to have 20 games to get back and get going," ....
"If I felt one of those moves would make us better 20 games from now, I'd definitely do it. I don't know that.
I can't waste 20 games. I have a certain philosophy and will stick with it. That's all I can do is be true to what I think."

That's like keeping N8 benched vs Orlando when he scored 48 points against them in previous game days before.

This game was much closer than I thought it would be, but the small-man, short-rotation
has finally reared it's ugly head halfway through the season, and Mr. Pringles is set in his ways.
The Godson will get preferential treatment over Chandler, there's no backup PG, no true C
and no one getting a chance to help in the middle (other than Turiaf and his limited minutes),
Gallo will not be traded as long as Godfather is coach, and Knicks will be lucky if Feltip gets 2nd wind.

I'm sorry I predicted a loss, it felt like betting against my team, and I'll never do that again,
but this LOSS is all on the coach and his set, egotistical ways.
There is no light at the end of this fudge tunnel.
:barf::gony:
pringle_wesuck.jpg

mafra

Legend
What is MD saying? "You need 20 games to get back" ... Then why is Gallo starting right now? Especially against the Spurs, when SA proved they had no answer for Wilson.

I can almost guarantee you that WC was priority #2 during their prep for this game. They spoke about what to do with Amar'e and then how to prevent WC from penetrating...

SO MF helps them out by taking WC out of the game himself.

It's sort of like how MD pulls hot shooters.

MAKE SA prove they can stop Chandler. Gallo can always start another game.

I understand Gallo shows promise. He shotos and then drives after a crossover, and you go ga-ga... The he goes out of control and suddenly disappears. CLEARLY, he's 2 years away from being anything close to consistent.

He has ZERO ability to drive and pull up. He is also a very inconsistent shooter. All or nothing.

Gallo should be the 6th man.

As for Fields... He played solid defense on Manu. What we can't live with is having SG-SF-C give you no offense.