Fire Damntoni Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You hate our coach and the way we play so I can't say I'm surprised.

If and when we get Melo and Paul you'll shut up then, maybe.

Coaches need good personnel my dude. None of them are exempt. AR and Moz are extreme liabilities right now.

What a well thought out and comprehensive thread...not! As kblack pointed out we r still having our best season in close to a decade. Before the season people would of been happy with the 8th seed yet now everyone wants to be title contenders with one star ignoring we need another star to compete. Our roster is incomplete, we have cap or a trade coming yet people want to blame D'ant as if another coach is found to magically have our inferior roster catapult us ahead of Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston and Miami. Let's scrap the system so Felton can go back to crappy production...that's the key to success!

So you are happy with 22-20???? Ok as long as we make the playoffs I guess. So tell me how Tim Thideou can take a injury riddled Chicago team and coach them to a so far 3rd seed.

What coach in his right mind would put Chandler on HOF Tim Duncan or Shawne Williams on Dwight Howard?

Also as for a new coach I say we pick up Mike Woodson, He coaches an iso systyem that features better ball movement,isolations and few three pointers. He coached his Hawks to an improving record each season and his last season they won 50+ games but could not get over the hump playing a better Orlando team.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
You need to relax with these threads. First it was Stat was a fraud because he wasn't doing it in the preseason. Now it's this. Relax. I always said that I would be fine with 41 wins and a place in the playoffs for a start. Your way too high to think otherwise.

KingofNy

Starter
You hate our coach and the way we play so I can't say I'm surprised.

If and when we get Melo and Paul you'll shut up then, maybe.

Coaches need good personnel my dude. None of them are exempt. AR and Moz are extreme liabilities right now.

It doesn't matter what players we have. If D'Antoni isn't coaching his players to play defense and rebound the ball we will only win when were shooting the lights out and lose ever close game just like today's.

What you guys don't realize is these "star" players like Carmelo aren't going to want to come here if the team and coach SUCKS. Carmelo wanted to play here more when he saw we were good without him. Now he might just change his mind and go somewhere else. D'Antoni SUCKS!!!

I'm getting tired of his over rated ass too. He buries guys on the bench and has the nerve to lose mutiple games in the process. He can't adjust or play to players strength. He only wants dudes to play his way or go down in shame.

What if there aren't anymore players available that can play in his system? Can he adapt?

Yeah right, he'll probably figure out a way to play a five man rotation for the rest of the year.

I can hardly wait for the deadline...I'm anxious to see what this team is going to do.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I'm not satisfied with the Knicks being a mediocre team. We're good enough to beat the lower level teams on most night but we get beat by the better teams in the East & West. D'Antoni needs to be held accountable for how the team is playing. What I have a problem with is he's going to burn Amare & Felton out (evidence already) before the close of season due to his own stubborness to not go to his bench. With teams like the Spurs & the Celtics where we need bigger bodies to we don't get killed on the boards, he uses Will at PF to get manhandled on the inside. That's not smart coaching.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I'm not satisfied with the Knicks being a mediocre team. We're good enough to beat the lower level teams on most night but we get beat by the better teams in the East & West. D'Antoni needs to be held accountable for how the team is playing. What I have a problem with is he's going to burn Amare & Felton out (evidence already) before the close of season due to his own stubborness to not go to his bench. With teams like the Spurs & the Celtics where we need bigger bodies to we don't get killed on the boards, he uses Will at PF to get manhandled on the inside. That's not smart coaching.

In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.

KingofNy

Starter
In the last decade we have been far below mediocre so being it now is just fine by me. It also means that we can generate some god damn buzz about this team for the first time in a long time.

Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?

CoolClyde

Are you kidding me? This is New York City's team. There's no reason the largest city in the U.S. should settle with having a mediocre team just because we got used to losing the last 10 years.

We have the talent and the shooters now to be a much better team. D'Antoni is not coaching defense. The only thing D'Antoni is good at is coaching an All-star team because that is the style of his coaching. Screw D, just throw up 3 pointers all night and eventually they'll fall. We're basically running the same game plan as the coaches in the All-star game but we only have one true all star. Well maybe if we get Carmelo and Paul that will work but its not working now.

D'Antoni's offenses tempo and style basically ignores boxing out, rebounding and the players following their shots. Our guys are never in position to get a rebound on either side of the ball. He keeps all of our guys outside on the perimeter and basically just calls high post screen and rolls, isolation, or chuck a 3. That is his offense in a nutshell.

His "so-called" defense is a mess. He doesn't enforce defense. When is the last time you seen him get on a guy about letting the opposing team camp in the paint all night and out-rebound us by double digits. It happens every night. The way his D is set up leads to mismatches on almost every play. He doesn't have our guys calling out picks and he just has them switch off resulting in mismatches like Felton on Tim Duncan the other night. The only time our team plays D is when our players feel like it. Normally when we're at home and the crowds into it or the players are looking for a block or steal to add to their stat sheet.

Don't let me even get into his 7-man rotation. We have talent on the bench to stop some of these big guys or at least tire them down but he doesn't want to use them because they can't run like he wants us to run. I don't want us to can D'Antoni now, but as soon as we get Carmelo signed I would love for him to get canned. New York needs an equally good defense to match our offense. Everyone knows, Defense wins championships... Especially us New Yorkers. I don't know why so many fans accept being mediocre?

:agreed:
there's quite a few KO posters who agree with you, myself included, and a few Antoni lovers who will disagree till they're blue in the face and fingers (I won't name them, because I like a number of their posts, but there's a Trillion other guys who think No-D's Runonino and Gun is the wave of the future; personally, I say uchh, you've gotta be kidding me JohnPaulZingo!).
:peace:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It is not about who love MD or who hate him, it is about people being unrealistic, any couch in the league will be getting the same words here..... we will never be satisfied, which is sometimes a good thing, but we need to be logical about it. when you start the season saying i am happy with a playoff spot this season, you can not change your mind and say i need to be in the 3rd place east.
nobody is rebounding cause our best rebounder (STAT)is not very good at rebounding!
and if you think ANY coach in the league will allow Mozgov or AR to play after what we saw from them then you really don't know anything about coaching, and just want to post and nag.......

please please, can anybody justify why Moz or AR should get minutes (other than training them, (cause the games actually count, they are not training center)

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed::agreed::agreed: + :agreed::agreed::agreed:

The Knicks have a headcoach with so many FLAWS, I doubt if he would
last a full year in the NCAA. Dantoni is only good for Euro-Relation for the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
I wouldnt say best season in a decade with 6 straight losses

Right, because even though we are having our best season in 10 years we should fire the coach midseason, institute a regime change, a new offensive system, a new defensive system over the next few months, have growing pains, lose more games while we attempt to institute that system, and finish out of the playoffs. Good idea.

Lets get this right.... the Knicks has been a 20-20 team heading into the midseason several times in the past decade. The only thing different in this season is we had a couple of long winning streaks, plus being 23-21 rather than 21-23. Those records are to close to say best-season or playoffs at the start of midseason.

The Knicks biggest problem in the past decade has always been from Managemet (first) and headcoach (2nd).
The Knicks owner Dolan never had a problem shedding money to build the Knicks team. The high-price and low-price players were always on the Knick roster, but in the past decade we have notice Management & headcoach has never been on the same-page since the physical fight in the gym betwwen G.M. Grunfield and headcoach JVG.

Should Walsh come down to practice to start a verbal fight (that ends in a physical altercation) with Dantoni about not playing Mozgov & AR the same way G.M. Grunfield did to JVG for not playing Camby & Sprewell???

Red

TYPE-A

Because they're mediocre themselves.

there's quite a few KO posters who agree with you, myself included, and a few Antoni lovers who will disagree till they're blue in the face and fingers (I won't name them, because I like a number of their posts, but there's a Trillion other guys who think No-D's Runonino and Gun is the wave of the future; personally, I say uchh, you've gotta be kidding me JohnPaulZingo!).

God I love your posts! Very entertaining.

They say find a better coach than MDA, I say find me a coach who can't win more with 2+ stars on the team.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
We had 3 years of a garbage rotation that Isiah left us and we finally have a rotation that is a foundation for this organization to expand on. D'Antoni is great at getting the most out of his players! Case in point: Chandler is having a career year, he has never looked better, STAT is having a career year and so is Raymod Felton. We have a rookie that will be the runner up for rookie of the year unless Blake Griffen re-injures himself. We finally have some fluidity to the team and regaining respect from the league and you guys are belly aching about Mozgov and Randolph not getting playing time ... We are not playing a more smothering type of defense...
Mozgov's struggles on the court has nothing to do with D'Antoni and everything to do with learning the NBA game. Even Frasier has pointed out his bad form when defending, like not going straight up on a block, grabbing, not moving his feet well... Moz is a project and speaking of projects, so is Anthony. Randolph is a loose canon on the court! He's completely unstructured and out of control. If he was so great, why would Golden State part with him? A 6' 11" dynamo that everyone thinks he is would be almost indispensable on a team; don't you think? never mind including him in with 2 other guys for a 6' 9" forward!
Mike D deserves more time to add a few more pieces to round out the roster.

iSaYughh

Starter

Haha. Where's this aggressiveness against D'antoni and Gallo coming from? I swear, much of KO has PTSD from the rapes Isiah administered, and you lash out at our coach now and any games we lose, or rebounds we miss out on.

Conjure up images of Eddie Curry, Jerome James, and Mcdyse tag teaming you bent over a giraffe, while you watch Isiah get a suit tailored.

Mediocrity? :teeth: Compare the mediocrity of ppl listed in CoolClyde's post, which was funny as always, to the rest of the KO field? We could start w you, Red.

Cool your ass off on this S&M like aggressiveness against D'antoni and Gallo. Damn. Even OldTimer, a heavyweight D'antoni critic and Gallo skeptic, had to spell out a post fixing your interpretation, after you morphed into a pitbull again mincing words to try to make a pt against them at any cost.

When we make the playoffs this year as a surprise team, that nobody really wants to face, whose season exceeded KO's and the sport's worlds expectations, we can swiftly then fire D'antoni and restructure Gallo's role.

And maybe touch upon the true mediocrity and media laughing stock we *used* to be.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Instead of taking potshots and creating contrived lame variations on the names of the players and coach how about composing an actual point worth debating. :thumbsup:

iSaYughh

Starter
There are so many FLAWS in the post you and Kiya are running wild with it's difficult to even know where to begin, Red.

D'antoni can only coach a team loaded with all-stars?

Really?

Diaw and Bell were all-stars? Nash was a perpetual all-star? Amare came into the league an all-star himself? Marion? What's he been up to past few years, btw?

Shit that's right. They all became possible HOF'ers, bonefied all-stars, or all-star like players under D'antoni after they were able to absorb his coaching and blossom within his system.

Chandler, Felton, Fields...Amare...Williams...They were always this good to, and we expected just this type of production and growth from them. Shame our Celebrity Coach Damnphony is holding them back from how could they should really be.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

What the hell is wrong w you son??:cool: You either were there during the Ewing/ Riley years when we played all that defense, for all that time and managed not to win a chip, or you were too young to remember our team's past failures w exactly the type of team you described. We had great D and a great big man, along w guys like Oakley and Mason who could rebound and we still didn't win it all. Now you and others want to cry continuously about the lack of defense and rebounding. You'd think some of you would be more open-minded to a different style of play.

The key is to have balance on offense/ defense and be great as a team at something- -to have a weapon no team can deal w. I think that something could be us becoming an all-time great scoring team (w Amare, Melo and Paul this is possible), while deploying an "at times stingy" defense. Meaning, we'd play defense for stretches and get stops when needed. This team is striving game to game to be competent defensively. I think they've made progress this year. The type of D I've explained IMO will come w time.

Hahahaha!!! Very cute...

Whatevs, we've never agreed on the direction the team is taking Clyde, but I respect your creativity, humor AND knowledge.

As we continue to grow thru personnel changes/ additions and in our ability to execute on both ends I have hope that you'll let go of the past and come around to what we're doing now.:smokin:

It is not about who love MD or who hate him, it is about people being unrealistic, any couch in the league will be getting the same words here..... we will never be satisfied, which is sometimes a good thing, but we need to be logical about it. when you start the season saying i am happy with a playoff spot this season, you can not change your mind and say i need to be in the 3rd place east.
nobody is rebounding cause our best rebounder (STAT)is not very good at rebounding!
and if you think ANY coach in the league will allow Mozgov or AR to play after what we saw from them then you really don't know anything about coaching, and just want to post and nag.......

please please, can anybody justify why Moz or AR should get minutes (other than training them, (cause the games actually count, they are not training center)

Sensible post. Props..

They say find a better coach than MDA, I say find me a coach who can't win more with 2+ stars on the team.

Your proved your analysis and prognostications for this team are a failure already so there's not too much I feel the need to explain to you.

I'll just say this: "the verdict is in" that this team, in its infantile stage of development, is on the right track and growing every game. They're right where they are supposed to be sir..

Haha. Where's this aggressiveness against D'antoni and Gallo coming from? I swear, much of KO has PTSD from the rapes Isiah administered, and you lash out at our coach now and any games we lose, or rebounds we miss out on.

Conjure up images of Eddie Curry, Jerome James, and Mcdyse tag teaming you bent over a giraffe, while you watch Isiah get a suit tailored.

Mediocrity? :teeth: Compare the mediocrity of ppl listed in CoolClyde's post, which was funny as always, to the rest of the KO field? We could start w you, Red.

Cool your ass off on this S&M like aggressiveness against D'antoni and Gallo. Damn. Even OldTimer, a heavyweight D'antoni critic and Gallo skeptic, had to spell out a post fixing your interpretation, after you morphed into a pitbull again mincing words to try to make a pt against them at any cost.

When we make the playoffs this year as a surprise team, that nobody really wants to face, whose season exceeded KO's and the sport's worlds expectations, we can swiftly then fire D'antoni and restructure Gallo's role.

And maybe touch upon the true mediocrity and media laughing stock we *used* to be.

Pure fire and truth coming outta you in this post Isayuggh.. Love it +1 rep to you, if I can. I think the KO system is gonna tell me I need to give it to somebody else first again. Cross your fingers lol..

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A

I just reluctantly read your sh*t, and as smart as I am...
I can't figure out what the hell you're talking about.

I'll take a guess:
You're upset because you haven't learned or matured enough to agree to disagree. I can accept varied opinions, no problem such as the ones Oldtimer presents.

But your posts tend to include emotion... and mostly the MDA supporters (which I have already said my piece and refrained from recently) have too many contradictions to really value.

Here's a classic one posted on this page:

Basically it says to give props to MDA for Wilsons better numbers, but Moz and AR aren't good enough for spot minutes. So let me get this straight...

Wilson skills are due to MDA but MOZ and AR suck? Huh?So let me see, its the coach when they're good, and the player when they are bad..? Don't even bother responding to that as I am thoroughly convinced that the limits of MDA includes effective usage of a real big besides Stat who like everyone else is getting beat up regularly due to ummmm... I'll let you guess at that.

Also stop mentioning me unless you can miraculously convice me and others with basketball knowledge that Gallo isn't one of the most discombobulated, disorganized, limited, floppers I've seen.
Honesly, me and my peeps just sit there laughing when he touces the ball, like I do when I read your posts.

His skill set includes: an iffy jumper, 6'10" frame, and getting in the lane to flop. Lol I'm laughing just writing that.

I say uggg to your opinions.
Ps... when you misconstrue or take tings out of context to fit your arguments you look foolish. Just state your opinion and keep it moving, please for all our sakes.

Instead of taking potshots and creating contrived lame variations on the names of the players and coach how about composing an actual point worth debating. :thumbsup:

You gotta admit, that shit was funny as f*ck though.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star

I applaud you sir. Good post.