Is the Knicks plan the right plan for the future?

Which out of these star studded lineups, is the best?

• Magic Johnson, kareem abdul Jabbar, James Worthy, Kurt Rambis

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Michael Jordon, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, John Paxon

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Robert Horry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher

• Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajo Rondo

• LeBron James, James Wade, Chris Bosh

• Total voters

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I lol'd pretty good reading that, too. :agreed:

HTG is incredibly off mark here, IMHO. I kinda see what he's saying about Magic; maybe the most unique, rare great player ever? Magic is pretty unreal. But LeBron is really like a Magic-Jordan hybrid. His facilitating comes best as a natural secondary offspring of his Jordan-like aggressiveness to dominate the ball and the game and score. Thats his life line. He's just that good and talented that he can seamlessly pass and see well enough to be a virtual pg, and big enough to be a rebounding machine in the process.

Honestly, the cp3 stuff is most glaring. And in a whole other galaxy from even a Magic vs. Jordan debate.

Cp3 not a good compliment to Melo (or Melo and STAT). A hybrid? Tweener? A score first guard more a true 2. Damn. Just damn.

Every player, coach, analyst, and most every fan will say he is a transcendent pg who defines what a true complete pg who facilitates and makes others better is supposed to do.

His stats say the same thing.

Re: his offense on Hornets. He has had to step it up. His team is a bunch of jibronies and offensive hacks. Top to almost bottom.

And it's bc he is just that good that he score with *extraordinary* efficiency, and get to the line well and shoot ft's superbly, along w a high% 3pt shot.

His passes themselves are as crisp, creative, and consistent as you will see.

All this talk of being there, seeing things, watching tons of games...I get it. I see the potential value. And I wish I had more expertise there; I'm honestly at the other spectrum.

But how can you have all that and do it...But say these things about CP3???

:agreed: I can't believe some of the ish i've read in here..

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Just for sh*ts and gigs, here's about 8 min of a young MJ owning the Lakers and Magic in 1988.

Watch the vid and you tell me who looks better.. :cool:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d-EPCcRRtLY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

This is a fun vid to watch if your a basketball fan.

Did you watch the entire clip? Don't think he dominated Magic more like poor Byron Scott, they both seemed to score at will but Magic did more passing than scoring like that bullet to Orlando Woolridge. I also saw that hook shot over Jordan as well (a few times)... It was more like you were seeing the changing of the guard like you saw when Kobe dominated Jordan towards the end of his career... Hell, you can find video of Iverson dominating Jordan....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I lol'd pretty good reading that, too. :agreed:

HTG is incredibly off mark here, IMHO. I kinda see what he's saying about Magic; maybe the most unique, rare great player ever? Magic is pretty unreal. But LeBron is really like a Magic-Jordan hybrid. His facilitating comes best as a natural secondary offspring of his Jordan-like aggressiveness to dominate the ball and the game and score. Thats his life line. He's just that good and talented that he can seamlessly pass and see well enough to be a virtual pg, and big enough to be a rebounding machine in the process.

Honestly, the cp3 stuff is most glaring. And in a whole other galaxy from even a Magic vs. Jordan debate.

Cp3 not a good compliment to Melo (or Melo and STAT). A hybrid? Tweener? A score first guard more a true 2. Damn. Just damn.

Every player, coach, analyst, and most every fan will say he is a transcendent pg who defines what a true complete pg who facilitates and makes others better is supposed to do.

His stats say the same thing.

Re: his offense on Hornets. He has had to step it up. His team is a bunch of jibronies and offensive hacks. Top to almost bottom.

And it's bc he is just that good that he score with *extraordinary* efficiency, and get to the line well and shoot ft's superbly, along w a high% 3pt shot.

His passes themselves are as crisp, creative, and consistent as you will see.

All this talk of being there, seeing things, watching tons of games...I get it. I see the potential value. And I wish I had more expertise there; I'm honestly at the other spectrum.

But how can you have all that and do it...But say these things about CP3???

Really, West is a hack???
Does anyone watch Paul's games regularly either with NBA pass or a cable package? I've watched Paul from when he flanked JR Smith to now and he is a score first guard. But, I did acknowledge in my posts that he is a great distributor of the ball.... I just think that the trio of Melo, STAT and Paul is not going to be as historical as you guys think. It's just my opinion and sadly enough I agree that we won't see it but more like 2 out of the 3 and I would want STAT and Paul.... That's what I have been saying!!
FYI - I think Rondo is a better point guard! Before you guys tell me how stupid I am and clueless... Paul is a better scorer but as a pure PG... I want Rondo quarterbacking.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Alright HTG,

Listen to the mindset of a true PG.. Not a scoring guard, or a tweener my dude.

Listen to learn.:thumbsup:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icQFZyTY-qU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

And now the freshness.. Your welcome

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W46yjXUmUHw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

More play making..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/plUnLD_Kb1U" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Did you watch the entire clip? Don't think he dominated Magic more like poor Byron Scott, they both seemed to score at will but Magic did more passing than scoring like that bullet to Orlando Woolridge. I also saw that hook shot over Jordan as well (a few times)... It was more like you were seeing the changing of the guard like you saw when Kobe dominated Jordan towards the end of his career... Hell, you can find video of Iverson dominating Jordan....

Still not sane i guess.. That was 8 min of ownage. Yea Magic had some nice plays, as he should, but Jordan dominated that Lakers team. You shouldn't come away from that video thinking otherwise, says alot... And pls w that nonsense about Kobe getting the better of Michael later on in his career, maybe when he was on Washington-- way past his prime. But in the late 90's a 35-36 yr old MJ destroyed Kobe routinely. Iverson never dominated Jordan, crossed him over once or twice maybe but that's it.. Common bro.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aK9dFxdQWgc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Still not sane i guess.. That was 8 min of ownage. Yea Magic had some nice plays, as he should, but Jordan dominated that Lakers team. You shouldn't come away from that video thinking otherwise, says alot... And pls w that nonsense about Kobe getting the better of Michael later on in his career, maybe when he was on Washington-- way past his prime. But in the late 90's a 35-36 yr old MJ destroyed Kobe routinely. Iverson never dominated Jordan, crossed him over once or twice maybe but that's it.. Common bro.

Dude, can you think outside of youtube??? One of the searches is - Iverson crosses Jordan... I mean your opinion is based on clips you find...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aK9dFxdQWgc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I forgot to write something.... I put this in because you can put highlights in all you want and it really isn't a true reflection of that person or their career.

la2ny

Starter
As much as I've seen of the Hornets over the years I never got the impression of a score-first or tweener. He has many Jason Kidd type games like 8 points, 15 assists, 3-4 steals. Some nights I wonder why he doesn't score more or take more shots because he is New Orleans best player and #1 option.

Edit:Rondo does get away with what he does because he manages the game well w/ all the HOF, but when the Celtics HOF aren't playing well he isn't as reliable on offense especially when it comes to jumpshooting.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Again, I will ask............... DOES ANYONE WATCH PAUL REGULARLY????

Why do you insist on discounting a youtube vid.. You should be watching those..lol

Stop w this nonsense about having to watch a player regularly to evaluate them. Yes it helps to confirm what you've already seen initially. But its really not needed unless you're totally inept at judging talent and don't know you're looking at and what to look for smh.

When you've watched enough basketball, seen players at all levels, studied them, seen greatness and can recognize it, you know what to look for and it doesn't take months to find. You know it when you see it.. It's all about recognition, remembering what the greats could do in all areas- which is not easy but seems to come to me intuitively- and comparing them to the players of today. I need only a couple of games to see a players level and get a good idea of what they can do, really a game if they get enough time on the court. The rest is just confirmation..

And for the record I watch NO and Paul whenever I can. I've dvr'd numerous games this season and I've followed him from college to the pro's..

Again, I will ask............... DOES ANYONE WATCH PAUL REGULARLY????
I have watched the Hornets regularly since Paul came into the league. Your notion that he is a scorer first and a passer second is ludicrous. If you said Deron Williams was a scorer first, I might not argue so much. Paul is a pure point.

Possibly you view him as a scorer because with the team he has, he has to be. The Hornets haven't exactly had an abundance of elite scorers for Paul to distribute to. He makes do with the likes of David West, who happens to lead the team in scoring. Paul is second.

I don't know how you can truly believe what you're saying.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Dude, can you think outside of youtube??? One of the searches is - Iverson crosses Jordan... I mean your opinion is based on clips you find...

Not true at all. I'm not the type at all to sit around watching youtube vids. Infact the only time I go to the site is to post a vid here once in awhile, when I really want to drive a point home w video evidence.

By the looks of things in this thread you should be watching as much basketball footage as you can. You should be all-inclusive holmes. If I were you I wouldn't discriminate like that.. :smokin:

And how about this for thinking outside of youtube....: I was at a game in Philly after having scored tickets by chance as a young, strapping computer delivery driver on a job. Got the tickets during the day. Then that same Friday drove back to Philly in the evening to catch the game w a buddy. It was during the 97-98 Championship season. And ofcourse Jordan and Pippen in effortless, dramaless fashion, ransacked the Sixers. Good times.. You aint the only one who's seen the best up close my dude. Didn't even want to share that but you're really getting silly at this point.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I have watched the Hornets regularly since Paul came into the league. Your notion that he is a scorer first and a passer second is ludicrous. If you said Deron Williams was a scorer first, I might not argue so much. Paul is a pure point.

Possibly you view him as a scorer because with the team he has, he has to be. The Hornets haven't exactly had an abundance of elite scorers for Paul to distribute to. He makes do with the likes of David West, who happens to lead the team in scoring. Paul is second.

I don't know how you can truly believe what you're saying.

Exactly.

Here's the thing...

It's not like CP3 is a bad scorer, either...he's actually a very good scorer...so what's wrong with him taking shots? Especially considering the whole "David West is the best player on my team other than me" thing that makes it difficult for CP3 to...distribute. And he's still averaged over 10 assists with them over the past 4 years.

CP3 being able to average 10 assists while scoring 17 points on 48% shooting is basically statistics talk for "He's a great floor leader who makes excellent decisions and is probably the best PG in the NBA right now".

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Jordan VS Magic debate always results in a stalemate. You can say either as far as I see it. If you don't include Jordan's second return to basketball with the Wiz, you can easily say that Jordan had the better team as his time waned.

In 1991, I remember watching the Bulls hand a 4-1 flogging to LA for their first banner. That series excluded both Byron Scott AND James Worthy due to injury. Fair to say that series could have resulted otherwise.

At that stage, with 5 extra seasons under his belt, Magic was ahead 5 'chips to 1.

And then, what happened again????, AH YES - Magic got bum-sexitis. He could easily have had another ring (no pun) as a vet post trade.

People often say that Jordan was the best winner as a majority, but I think that's bogus. Took him 4 years to lead his team past Detroit.

If you want to compare their most iconic moments - Magic takes the cake. EASILY!

Game 6 NBA finals 1980.

42, 15 & 7 as a ROOKIE! With captain, KAJ, out with a sprained ankle. LAL take the NBA's bragging rights.

Amazing